Thread: Playing In Scotland

IHF Prospect

Playing In Scotland

Hey everyone,

Anyone know what the level of hockey is like in the SNL (Scottish League)? I have friends who live there and would like to play a season if possible next year. Not expecting to be paid or anything. I played at a Jr B level over here, but never went further because of a few personal things (school, family, etc). I would be happy playing in the SNL, but wouldn't turn down a chance in the EIHL if possible. Not sure how to go about doing so, contacting the EIHL team or SNL team and they can place me as fit, as I know some are linked. I'm not expecting anything, nor making the EIHL. Just looking to play a year and see wha happens. Any information would be great!

Cheers.

IHF Prospect
    I've got a place to stay, car, food and all that. Just wondering how it would work for a Canadian to come play, when I'd be visiting for a whole season?

IHF Member
    As far as I'm aware SNL does not allow imports so not sure if there is a way for you to get game time. It is amateur level might be a few older guys winding down that played some elite league hockey but mostly just guys just playing for fun possibly many paying to play. EIHL is not far off ECHL level so your only hope would be train with a team there and maybe be injury cover for imports. Solway Sharks who are based in Dumfries play in the English national league as it suits them better geography and is a step up from SNL hockey I belive they are allowed maybe 1 or 2 imports but they would need to hold EU passports and usually have those slots filled up. Hopefully you can find somewhere to play even if just rec team and hope you enjoy your stay in Scotland.

Thread Information