Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017 IIHF World Div.IB Championship - Belfast, Great Britain; 23-29 April

IHF Member
    I don't get it. Ališauskas plays for Saryarka who was eliminated from playoff quarterfinals by Zauralye on March 22nd. Dalhuisen's Torpedo lost its last game in finals on April 18th.

Unless they were injured there was enough time for both of them to join their national teams.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Susi View Post
    My predicts is that Lithuania has also good chances to promote. The team has changed more equal with years. They showed great defense against Estonia and Pavliukov has been succesful this and last year. Bigger lost is Alisauskas.
    Lithuanian defense is composed of old men and children. I don't think they can hold against a determined offense. Even with Ališauskas on roster, Lithuania collapsed against Great Britain last year in Zagreb.

I'm in Belfast following the tournament for Eurohockey. What i can say after two rounds of games is confirming the favouritism of GBR and JAP wwith LTU as possible surprise.
    Lithuania played the best hockey so far but faced the two weakest teams, today against GBR is the first real challenge to prove the ambitions of Baltics.
    Japan is not spectacular but very concrete, i think they are the main favourite.
    Great Britain didn't impress me until now. They won against Estonia in the third period but suffering a lot in the second.
    Not a great audience in the stands, also for GBR games, a pity because the arena and the organization are really good
    For the relegation my bet in on Netherlands, very fragile team

IHF Member
    Estonia can create lots of great chances, but they can't manage to them. The scoring is so easier to Japan.

IHF Member
    Estonia has good first line, but their defense is bellow the level of this division.

IHF Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Drax View Post
    Estonia has good first line, but their defense is bellow the level of this division.
    No kidding, best defenseman is a 38-year-old Lahesalu who is pretty much retired.

Netherlands and Croatia are warming right now. No Nagtzaam in the Netherlands...tough mission for Dutch...

4-0 Croatia after 1st period...Netherlands suffered 3 goals in 30 seconds...this speaks for itself

IHF Member

Nagtzaam

Quote Originally Posted by Davide View Post
    Netherlands and Croatia are warming right now. No Nagtzaam in the Netherlands...tough mission for Dutch...
    I say it in my last replay He has an funeral in the Netherland. We miss also Dalhuisen (russia play-offs second division.)
    A few defence players are stopped wit icehockey) and ofcourse we miss 10 players from Tilburg Trappers. Joly who are injured. Schaafsma who play in Canada lower leagues in the play-offs
    So we miss a lot of players. It is a kind of B team.Too weak for this division.

Greetings,
    Rowan

Quote Originally Posted by rowan View Post
    I say it in my last replay He has an funeral in the Netherland. We miss also Dalhuisen (russia play-offs second division.)
    A few defence players are stopped wit icehockey) and ofcourse we miss 10 players from Tilburg Trappers. Joly who are injured. Schaafsma who play in Canada lower leagues in the play-offs

Greetings,
    Rowan
    yes I've read about NED absences, it's a pity after the promotion of last season. Really the team is very weak, all hopes are in game vs Estonia

Quote Originally Posted by rowan View Post

Greetings,
    Rowan
    I thought VHL playoffs finished just few days before D1B started ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information