Thread: 2018 WCH DivIIB, Granada-Spain

2018 WCH DivIIB, Granada-Spain

From my point of view itís all settled up for a Spanish promotion.
    Or are any other options possible?
    How good is this years Israeli team comparing to the past season? I understand that their quality depends of how many of their players that plays abroad shows up.
    And how good is New Zeeland, second last year?

Any predictions?
    Can we go nuts of possible surprises or is it already carved in stone?

And just an quriosity:
    Watching the rosters on the IIHF page Iím a bit surprised of the North-Koreans size: average size 1,73 m and average weight 69kgs?? I hope the spaniards feed them!

IHF Member
    1. Esp
    2. Isr
    3. Nzl
    4. Mex
    5. Lux
    6. Prk

Wow, Spain starts very strong with a 15-1 trouncing of PRK. I watched a few minutes of the Israel 8-1 win over Luxembourg but the streaming was very choppy.

Spain really demolished the Koreans. The North-Korean defence had a really bad day. The game was more even than the result but Spain really efficiant.
    I watched half of the Israel-Luxemburg game and there were no doubts that Israel was by far the better team.
    I saw some of the NZ- Mexico game too and I must say that the Kiwis played som really good hockey.

All in all three expected results the first day that actually don’t say much about how big the difference is between Spain and the supposed or possible challengers.
    The first test of strength is in the first game tomorrow between NZ and Israel.

A well deserved win for the Kiwis aginst Israel to make them the main challenger tio hosts Spain. I still hold Spain as big favourites but NZ played two good games now and I wouldn’t underestimate them. The spaniards must be on their best to make sure.

IHF Member
    North Korea regroups from their loss against Spain with what has to be considered an upset win over Mexico. That may shake things up in the final standings now.

Well done North-Korea. Mexico is a bit negative surprise for me.

And Luxemburg is doing surprisingly well against the hosts so far. Only one down halfways...

IHF Member
    Yes surprise defeat for MEX, they have been getting weaker the last few years but this is their first defeat by PRK. MEX v LUX may decide relegation.

Geoff

Strange about Mexico. As for Turkey in IIIdiv I had the feeling some years ago that they were slowly heading up. The past couple of seasons more seems lik stagnation...

Spain is plowing through everyone in this tournament. I am watching the game against Mexico and it looks like the Spanish are having a practice. Mexico look like little boys out there. I saw a bit of the Israel-PRK game which was another blowout. Looks like Spain, New Zealand and Israel will medal here(in that order). The others look terrible.

It would be interesting to see how strong fight NZ can give the hosts.
    Still I think that Spain should belong to the upper half of the division above (IIA) with this kind of team rather than this level.

It’s soon time for Spain vs Israel. It would be interesting to see wether Israel can give the spaniards any kind of hard-time give NZ any kind of hope.
    Normally Spain should win easily, yet....

IHF Member
    Would have been great to have Israel knock Spain off but at least we have a true gold medal game as the final game. Looking forward to it

LUX wins againt PRK 2-1, but needs MEX to get a point from Israel or they are relegated anyway...
    Cum bibam cervisiam gaudeo.

IHF Member
    Spain defeat NZ 6-4 to clinch group win and promotion. Luxembourg still relegated despite win over PRK.

Geoff

Well, Spain did their job. But a good and heroic effort from NZ. Two second places two years in a row makes them worthy a try in DivIIA. Who ever drops out of that group should be a weaker oponent than Spain and that could gove MZ a greater chance. Spain for me actually

Thread Information