Thread: IIHF World Championship DIVISION 2A ( NETHERLAND)

IIHF World Championship DIVISION 2A ( NETHERLAND)

Teams:
    Australia
    Belgium
    China
    Iceland
    Netherlands
    Serbia

Preparation games so far:

Serbia - Croatia: 2-1, 3-5
    China - Latvia B: 2-6

I didnt find any more results from preparation games beside this one...I believe that Belgium plays some games against Holland but i dont know the results...Feel free to put results from other prep games if somebody knows...

About Serbia, what to say. I expecting hard fight to stay in this group. This year we are maybe 30% weaker then last year. A lot of good players didint show this year, and they were the top lines from last few years. We are without Filipovic, Bibic, Milovanovic, Gabric,Ogrizovic, Ristic, Popravka. This is too much for Serbian team. And even all the rest players this year were playing just IHL league( Slovenian league) instead of MOL league last year( Hungarian league). So i really dont expect nothing from our team, just to stay in this division...which be really miracle for me. Results from games against Croatia is nothing, becouse in first game, Croatia plays withous top line players and in the second Serbia ...SOG was 45-21 for Croatia.

Please free to write about this division from all members...if somebody have some information from other teams, please put that on this thread.

Cheers
    A-light-in-the-dark: Sofia Bulgaria, Skopje Macedonia, Sarajevo & Pristina :)

Hi Fikret

Do you know anything about Sretovic or is he miising to?

Quote Originally Posted by sloklo View Post
    Hi Fikret

Do you know anything about Sretovic or is he miising to?
    He will join the team in Holland

I see that Tilburg playing play off in Germany 3 league, so i dont know if they will be playing Word Champ. I suppose that they will finish play off before start of Championship

My friend Fikret as optimistic as ever...

p.s. You have to change avatar photo. Nikola Bera moved to Crvena Zvezda ;)

@ Sloklo:

According to IIHF provisional roster he is on a list with 30 other players

He did not play the first game too.

Either he did not come or our new Canadian coach is preparing surprise for our competitors?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Pasic View Post
    My friend Fikret as optimistic as ever...

p.s. You have to change avatar photo. Nikola Bera moved to Crvena Zvezda ;)

@ Sloklo:

According to IIHF provisional roster he is on a list with 30 other players

He did not play the first game too.

Either he did not come or our new Canadian coach is preparing surprise for our competitors?
    This year I am finally right about our perspectives...

About picture...i will change today...you will be suprised with new face

Please dot tell me it is "Per Aleksandar Jakovljević "

Ahahahahahahaha.....i knew it

Preparation games Netherlands:
    11-4-2018 Dordrecht: Netherlands-Belgium 2-1 P
    15-4-2018 Leuven: Belgium-Netherlands 3-8
    20-4-2018 Dordrecht: Netherlands-Iceland

Normally the players of Tilburg Trappers are available. Their last game will be friday (game 4 against Deggendorfer SC) or sunday (game 5).
    Nederlandse IJshockey Bond
    www.nijb.nl

Thanks for results...Is Netherland playing against Belgium with players from Tilburg or without them....and how many players from Tilburg will be on roster for Champioship?

No players of Tilburg Trappers are involved in the preparation games. It's not clear how many players from Trappers are chosen for the tournament. I believe teamcoach Doug Mason will make the final decision on sunday.
    www.nijb.nl

I can’t see Netherlands miss the chance for promotion - with or without Tilburgers. We have six teams quite levelled: Serbia, Belgium, Australia, Iceland, China and Spain. These teams have in common that they are not good enough for promotion but too good for DivIIB. Evrything behind Oranie can end up either way. Serbia have some new players but they played a serious season and I’m not sure that they will do worse than last year. Yes, last years team played MOL but I think that were too optimistic that we would gain benefits from that already the first year. If Beograd would have played MOL this season too then the expectations would be more realistic.

But the main thing here is that they are so levelled. Belgium to me seems to face some stagnataion the past season. Aussies you don’t know from season to season. Iceland seems to set back also a little.
    These teams on a good day can beat each other. There are no reliable predictions.
    China as a newcommer should have the smallest chances but my opinion is while the other teams stand still or facing a slight backstep, China is moving forward.
    Simply a wide open affair where the fight for avoiding relegation is mo

I can’t see Netherlands miss the chance for promotion - with or without Tilburgers. We have six teams quite levelled: Serbia, Belgium, Australia, Iceland, China and Spain. These teams have in common that they are not good enough for promotion but too good for DivIIB. Evrything behind Oranie can end up either way. Serbia have some new players but they played a serious season and I’m not sure that they will do worse than last year. Yes, last years team played MOL but I think that were too optimistic that we would gain benefits from that already the first year. If Beograd would have played MOL this season too then the expectations would be more realistic.

But the main thing here is that they are so levelled. Belgium to me seems to face some stagnataion the past season. Aussies you don’t know from season to season. Iceland seems to set back also a little.
    These teams on a good day can beat each other. There are no reliable predictions.
    China as a newcommer should have the smallest chances but my opinion is while the other teams stand still or facing a slight backstep, China is moving forward.
    Simply a wide open affair where the fight for avoiding relegation is mo .
    ...re interesting than the promotion. It would certainly be dramatic

BTW, I changed my avatar to World Cup-mode...

BTW, I changed my avatar to World Cup-mode...
    Me too....GO SERBIA!!!

Latva B - China: 5-2

IHF Member
    Are Tilburg able to win promotion this year or is there still the stupid rule that means they have to stay in Oberliga?

First day:

Netherland against China with full roster, expecting nice victory for Holland. China players is moving up in last two years by training and playing with the serious teams, but it is too early to do something more on this tournament. Maybe next year they they will do miracle.
    About Austalia and Iceland, hard game to predict and expecting hard game which easily can go to both ways. Main problem with Australia is ice, they are just maybe one month on ice.
    Serbia, what to say? I am glad that finally we have again two players from Novi Sad. Radosavljevic and Mirkovic, very good players. I am pesimistic, but I hope in miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by BhamJohn View Post
    Are Tilburg able to win promotion this year or is there still the stupid rule that means they have to stay in Oberliga?
    They will not promote. So it's another year in Oberliga for them.
    www.nijb.nl

Aus-Ice: 3-0
    Ser-Bel: 4-1
    Neth-China: 7-0

The most interesting today is that China is really bad team. Expected much more from them. All the rest is preety anoying...exept Netherland who is the class for this level

So the first day is over.
    Aussies even though they were better had a hard game against Iceland. Iceland is always physically well prepaired but they lack of contructive solutions in their way of playing. I miss a plan here. Aussies by far better organized.

Serbia got off a ”dream-start” against Belgium. The games between are usually very tight but Serbias win last year (9:2) moght hav loosened up some mental knots for Serbia. 4:1 might feel as convincing win but I would say that the game was very even.Serbias PP worked very well while the Belgians have to practice more. Missing an a PP2 in a crucial part of the game while chasing the result usually ends in losing the game. The PP was the main difference tonight.

The Dutch confirmed that they are favourites. Their were no questions which team is the team of the day. However I would like to mention that I really enjoied the Chinese skating. Fantastic and speedy skating-technique and quite good with their sticks. Yet China is lacking in their physics, not good enough in man-man (tackling etc) and they have to work on their tactics, espcially the defence.

Second day:
    Australia - Belgium 50%-50%
    Serbia - China..I believe that China 60%-40%
    Netherland - Iceland 100%-0%

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fikret View Post
    Second day:
    Australia - Belgium 50%-50%
    Serbia - China..I believe that China 60%-40%
    Netherland - Iceland 100%-0%

Australia - Belgium 6 - 0 9:38 to play in 3rd period...

Believe that Belgium will degrade

Australia exellent against Belgium. Very good play. They will be second, only team that can take some presure against Netherland. All the rest sukcs

Two wins for Serbia in two games...it is miracle on ice. Really this is joke or this level of hockey is really not so good. Awfull hockey this year in this group. Netherland and Australia are ok teams, but all the rest is really very bad.

Well that was really an easy ride for the Netherlands. Five easy wins. Iceland got relegated.
    www.nijb.nl

Quote Originally Posted by Betterman View Post
    Well that was really an easy ride for the Netherlands. Five easy wins. Iceland got relegated.
    Either the gap in quality between the relegated teams from divIB and divIIA teams has dramitacally increased the past season or the Netherlands finally reached it’s capacity. Really easy win.

Serbia played within their limits and the only points tehy could (partly) be sorry over are the two lost against Australia.

Aussies started great but my opinion is that they lost power over the tournament.

Belgium is losing power again. A few years back I thought they were the coming tesm but it seems that the ship is sinking.

China are at the other side the team that is coming. They have a lot of work to do but I think theyincreased their capacity.

And finally the question for Iceland is wether their divII story is over for a while.

Next years divIIA will be more even than this years. Croatia will certainly not be as clear favourites as the Dutch were. And behind it’really a head to head game. I also expect thar Spain will be among the top teams. Belgium, China and Serbia will fight for avoiding falling down.
    And the Netherlands will give Rumania a fight to avoid an another season in divIIA 2020.

IHF Member
    Netherlands relegation last year was an accident – due to a lot of Tilburg players missing the tournament. Netherlands is not a DivIIA team. I think they are even a contender for next years promotion to DivIA.

Thread Information