Thread: IIHF World Championships 2019 Prediction Game - Rules and Signings

IIHF IIHF World Championships 2019 Prediction Game - Rules and Signings

Rules are the same as usual.

We will limit the number of participants to 40. There is no deadline for signing in, the only limit is number of participants. Please signup in this thread, but if you want you simple start to pick scores. I am signed up as the 1st participant.

Almost all of the rules are the same as usual, but please to read carefuly all of them.

RULES:

1) You get 5 points if you guess the correct score

2) In addition you get 1 point because you picked the right winner and two points if you correctly believe the game goes to OT and still pick the right winner. You get 1 point if you correctly believe the game goes to OT (or SO), but fail to pick the right winner.

3) If you don't guess the correct score, you get 2 points if you guess the correct number of goals scored by one of the teams.

4) In addition, you can one player from each day - skater or goalie. Skater will get 2 points for each goal and 1 point for each assist. Goalie will get 5 points for a shutout (regular time) provided the GK is a starting goaltender and plays the whole game, 2 points for one goal allowed and 1 point for two goals allowed. Goalie have to play at least one period. Goalie, which will not play whole game only for no goals allowed during his time of play will get 1 point. Of course Goalie also can get points for goals or assists.

5) Picks for every day should be made 5 minutes before 1st game start. Only this way you have a chance to made points for all games of a day. If you'll be late and you didn't make a guesses before 1st game, you can still made some points by picking results for further games, but also player you'll pick have to play in these games you bet. If you edit your predictions after the 1st game has started on a given game day, you won't get any points n this day.

6) Good luck and enjoy!

Examples with scores:

Example 1:
    USA - LAT 5-2

Guess: 6-1

Points won: 1 (correct winner)

Example 2:

CAN - SLO 7-1
    Guess: 7-1

Points won: 5 (for correct result) + 1 for correct winner = 6

Example 3:

RUS - CZE 2-3 OT
    Guess: 4-3 OT

Points won: 1 for result (OT) + 2 (for correct number of goals, ITA) = 3

Example 4

AUT-FIN 4-3 OT
    Guess 3-2 OT
    Points won: 2 for correct winner (in OT)

Fixture
    Bo gdyby, ach gdyby wszystko na tym świecie dało się rostrzygać na lodowiskach, w trzech tercjach, kijem i krążkiem, to nie tylko wszak kanadyjskim zawodowcom z NHL, nie tylko wiarołomnym antysocjalistycznym Czechom, ale całemu światu, ba, nawet duszmanom z Pandższiru, Heratu i Kandaharu spuściłaby tęgi a druzgocący wpierdol hokejowa reprezentacja ZSRR, a w jej składzie Ragulin, Fetisow, Kasatonow oraz, bladź, Kapustin, Golikow i Malcew.

Andrzej Sapkowski, "Żmija"

Thank you Piotrek!
    Last edited by Acroni767; 10-05-2019 at 13:21.
    JE !! SE !! NI !! CE

IHF Staff
    Missed the start but I'm of course in. We gotta revive this place anyway (hope its not too late).
    Thanks Piotrek!

There's not too late at all;-)
    Bo gdyby, ach gdyby wszystko na tym świecie dało się rostrzygać na lodowiskach, w trzech tercjach, kijem i krążkiem, to nie tylko wszak kanadyjskim zawodowcom z NHL, nie tylko wiarołomnym antysocjalistycznym Czechom, ale całemu światu, ba, nawet duszmanom z Pandższiru, Heratu i Kandaharu spuściłaby tęgi a druzgocący wpierdol hokejowa reprezentacja ZSRR, a w jej składzie Ragulin, Fetisow, Kasatonow oraz, bladź, Kapustin, Golikow i Malcew.

Andrzej Sapkowski, "Żmija"

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RexKramer View Post
    Missed the start but I'm of course in. We gotta revive this place anyway (hope its not too late).
    Thanks Piotrek!
    I hope it too... :-)

JE !! SE !! NI !! CE

Thread Information