Thread: Lion in Winter - Great Britain at the Olympic, World and European Championships 1910

IHF Prospect

Olympics Lion in Winter - Great Britain at the Olympic, World and European Championships 1910

Just published, a 652 page comprehensive volume that took seven years of research and writing, describing in detail the exploits and game-by-game action, with statistics, by the players who donned the GB strip over more than 70 years.
    Also included is the first complete GB Player Register (1901-2019) to be published.

A definitive work of record compiled by David S Gordon and Martin C Harris who have previously authored four books and numerous articles on the heritage of the sport in the UK; both are long term members of the Canadian based Society for International Hockey Research.

Lion is printed on good quality heavy weight paper.and between the full colour card covers are hundreds of team, player and action photos, many rare and not previously seen for decades.

Price: £25 plus £2.99 post and packing.

Order from:

http://www.lulu.com/content/paperbac...-1981/25188930

Brilliant book which I am slowly getting through. I know Martin well and it was he who helped me get into my book collection.
    Many years into watching the sport I wrote a few lines with statistics in as regards my local team the Nottingham Panthers and then a book on Great Britains National tournaments. A heavy ask as finding factual information is difficult unless you are a fountain of knowledge like these two authors.
    I did however write this book in 2010 and it did have a player register (just total stats of games, goals, assists, points and penalties taken) in it. An all-time list of all the players that donned the GB shirt. Facts sent to me by the IIHF.

This massive piece of work goes further in pictures and the written word and is a book documenting what is needed for posterity.

Thread Information