Thread: Introduction.

Introduction.

In this forum, we will attempt to collect all-time matchups between the different countries over the years, be they at the World Championships or any other tournaments or series.

This will be an ongoing project, and anyone is most welcome to contribute.

To help keep things a bit organized, please follow the example given by Franco here in the Hungarian thread example (http://www.internationalhockeygang.o...ad.php?t=1676), where:
    1. The flag of the thread is that of the country in question (in this example, the Hungarian thread has a Hungarian flag).
    2. The flag for each post within the thread will be the flag of the opponent in question (in the Hungarian example, you see the flag of Romania in the Hungary vs Romania post, and the flag of Japan in the Hungary vs Japan post).

I have most historic results for almost every single IIHF member in my archives. Unfortunately, my archives are not availble electronically, and I am not going to spend weeks typing the results to an electronic format.

The historic results for

• Hungary
    • Latvia
    • Germany
    • Norway
    • Sweden
    • Slovakia
    • Ukraine

are available at their federation's websites. USSR/Russia's historic results are available somewhere at www.ihwc.ru

The best site on the net to gather the statistics are Marc's www.hockeyarchives.info. :023:

How about scanning?

One more thing - where possible, try to (if you have the information) include the scores inbetween periods as well, such as:

Latvia - Lithuania 4-2 (2-0, 1-1, 1-1).

Again, if you have such information. For those who have access to such information after something has already been posted, please post it and we will edit the original post.

HN - what type of information do you have (that you would scan)?

EDIT: One last thing - for the sake of consistancy, and that in these international matches there is no "home" team, please insert the results as if the country that the thread is about is the 2nd team in the score-line.

Eg, in the Hungarian thread we'll have:
    Latvia - Hungary 10-2

But in a Latvian (future thread) we'll have:
    Hungary - Latvia 2-10

Please make any comments below if you have any regarding this.
    Last edited by Jazz; 15-11-2005 at 01:57.

I have just one question does this count Friendlies or just Tournements

Quote Originally Posted by Da Silva
    I have just one question does this count Friendlies or just Tournements
    Everything.... but note what type of tournament it is...

thanks Jazz

Quote Originally Posted by hockeynomad
    How about scanning?
    Not really possible: the archives are books, own notes/papers and prints from the internet. Highly unstructed at this point.

But sometime in the future a database will be created. The database will allow users to search for teams, dates/years, tournaments and venues.

Right now, my priority is to get the box scores from previous world championships. My ambition is to go all the way back to 1977 when NHL players were finally allowed in the IHWCs. 11 championships have been completed and another 18 needs to be done.

IHF Member

Thanks Shardik !!!!

Guys,

the total calculated games (spliited official and inofficial) are all from Shardik!! :claphands

Great job from Shardik, to help me :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
    Cheers, Franco

IHF Member

IIHF All time nationals

Hello,

I came across the All Time National results page here. It hasn't really been updated for a while, and I can see why: the format is pretty difficult to keep updated. I'm not sure if I can be of any help, but over the years I have created a simple Excel database with some search functions to look up all the info presented in the All Time National Results threads without having to go through Marc's site manually. I have combined the data from various sources, including Marc's excellent www.hockeyarchives.info, those national federations that have their lists available on-line (from memory: Sweden, Switzerland, Germany, Hungary, France, URS, Ukraine, maybe some others) plus various sites listing obscure tournaments, etc. No box scores, just results, dates, locations, type of tournament (Olympics, world championships, World Cup, etc. /friendlies.

Currently there are some 12,000 games listed in my database (A-nationals + some B-nationals - some debatable B's, eg. Canada (WHL), games listed as A-national in one federation's database but not in the other's, etc.) I am not claiming that I have a definite list as there are various discrepancies among the sources I have used, some dates, locations and even scores are uncertain. I have however tried to note all these one way or another.

Now, as I said I'm not sure if this is of any help. The file is about 16Megs and I don't have a home for it. I could probably reduce the size by simply cutting all macros, etc, and leaving just the basic data, but it would still be quite large. If someone's interested in having a copy of this file, please let me know. I would be more than happy to share it. Just let me know how...

IHF Member

Switzerland Calvin

Hi Calvin,

wow, sounds good.... I collect also all the games, but - if it's possible to find out - only the "Team A" games.

Maybe you can copy all your scores on a CD?? I can do that also and I can send you this, if you're interested. I've probably the same size.....

Indeed, you're right. It's more or less impossible to have all nation's updated, due to the format here in our Forum.

I've collected also all the scores in a Excel-sheet.

If you're interested, just let me know and I can send you one of my Sheets as an example. Just send me a private message...
    Cheers, Franco

Slovakia karsten

i have got to all times result - slovakia....

Quote Originally Posted by marijo19 View Post
    Hi and wellcome to the forum. Please, read the board rules before you post - and try to post wisely. There is nothing to do to this post in Norway thread.

Here is the rules:

http://forums.internationalhockey.ne...cement.php?f=3

Can you please TRY TO READ before you post??? Here is this sub-forum format:

http://forums.internationalhockey.ne...ead.php?t=1682

Take a look how other teams threads were organised and do the same please if you've got enough time. This post will be deleted with all respect to you.

Quote Originally Posted by marijo19 View Post
    Welcome here.

It seems we do not have a thread on Slovakia results, so you are welcome to start one.

IHF Member
    In sources for 1926 year - SPORT-TAGBLATT, SPORTS DE NEIGE ET DE GLACE, MORAVSKÁ ORLICE, LA TRIBUNE DE LAUSANNE, LIDOVE NOVINY, NARODNI LISTY, ILUSTROWANY KURYER CODZIENNY, PRZEGLAD SPORTOVY (for 20.01.1926), POLSKA ZBROJNA these games is friendly games: Poland - Italy 3-1 (0-0,3-1), Poland - Spain 4-1 (2-1,2-0), Italy - Spain 2-2 (1-2,1-0), Belgium - Poland 1-3 (1-2,0-1)

I have this information about goals in these games from these sources for 1926 year:
    14 january 1926
    Poland - Italy 3-1 (0-0,3-1) Adamowski 2, Tupalski – from PRZEGLAD SPORTOVY, SPORTOWIEC POMORSKI, POLSKA ZBROJNA / Paulon – from PRAGER TAGBLATT
    Referee Dietrichstein (Austria)

16 january 1926
    Poland - Spain 4-1 (2-1,2-0) Adamowski 2, Tupalski 2 – from PRZEGLAD SPORTOVY, SPORTOWIEC POMORSKI, POLSKA ZBROJNA / ?

17 january 1926
    Italy - Spain 2-2 (1-2,1-0) ? / ?

17 january 1926
    Belgium - Poland 1-3 (1-2,0-1) ? / Adamowski, Kowalski, Tupalski – from PRZEGLAD SPORTOVY, ŁÓDZKIE ECHO WIECZORNE, SPORTOWIEC POMORSKI, ILUSTROWANY KURYER CODZIENNY, POLSKA ZBROJNA

Help me please.
    What players scored goals in these games from SPORT Zürich and Italian, Belgian, Spanish newspapers for 1926 year?
    Who has this information from SPORT Zürich and Italian, Belgian, Spanish newspapers for 1926 year?

Thread Information