Thread: Slovakia U20 vs University of British Columbia (Exhibition)

Slovakia U20 vs University of British Columbia (Exhibition)

I went to the Team Slovakia U20 vs University of British Columbia (my alma mater) this evening as the Slovak U20 team plays its first game after arriving in Vancouver yesterday. There was an enthusastic crowd off UBC supportors and Slovaks.

Slovakia - UBC 3-6 (0-0, 3-1, 0-5)
    The game started off a bit slow as UBC was coming off a 8-1 loss to Team Canada the night before, and the Slovaks had just arrived the day before from a trans-Atlantic flight. After a shorthanded goal by UBC in the middle of the 2nd period, the Slovaks slowly started to take over, scoring 3 in a row to end the peroid. I predicted to my wife that the University team would probably go through the motions in the 3rd period after having played the night before. Apparently the Slovaks thought the same, as by the 5th minute of the last period UBC scored 4 goals to take a 5-3 lead. After that, the Slovaks didn't really threaten much and UBC iced the game with 4 minutes remaining.

Here is a shot of the action from early in the first period.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jazz, which U20 games are you seeing?

I hope lots of pictures and in-depth analysis.

Hey HN.

I've tickets to all the games in Vancouver. In the preliminary round this is the pool with Canada, USA, Finland, Switzerland, and Norway, and every playoff and relegation game thereafter....

That might become interesting and we'll see how I can handle multiple games per days (especially 9 games in 3 day from Jan 1st to 3rd :seeingsta )

I'm invited to a dinner party tonight which will include the Slovak U20 team. Here is tonight's dinner event flyer

Thread Information