Thread: foreigners in Asian League?!

Icon107 foreigners in Asian League?!

I saw in results, that certain canadien or european is playing in this league. Now my question is: how many foreigners are allowed in a game, and has someone a list, of all the foreigners in this league? it would be very interesting who is playing there.

For example I see Derek Plante, is he this one, who played with Mannheîm, ZSC Lions and lot of NHL Teams?
    I know also, that former Fribourg Gottéron and Langnau player Greg Parks played there, is he still in this league?

Thanks for the answers!
    Kobasew

I found a page, where I found 3-4 "famous" guys who are playing in this Asian hockey league:

#25 USA
    Shjon Podein¦
    5/Mar/1968 birth
    188cm/91kg

#26 USA
    Derek Plante
    17/Jan/1971 birth
    178cm/82kg

Jason Podollan
    18/Feb/1976 birth
    188cm/94kg

#37 CZE
    Nedved Zdenek¦
    3/Mar/1975 birth
    184cm/85kg

I do know that the 3 countries involved have made it so that all players from Japan, China and South Korea are not considered as imports on any team. Only those from outside these 3 countries are.
    There is no such thing as a "Bad Hockey Market"
    There are, however, several markets with "Bad Hockey"

International Hockey Forums on Social Media:
    https://twitter.com/ihf_forums
    https://www.facebook.com/ihf.forums

Number of import players per team was adjusted this season to try to create better competition. That probably wasn't the sole reason for Korea's Halla's success, but maybe it worked. I think Korea's Kangwon is allowed to have 5 imports, but I think they only have 4. And Nordic Vikings had 6 Chinese development players, but I think only 2-3 of them remain with the team for various reasons. But what doesn't show on these numbers is the number of Canadian born players on Japanese teams, because they hold Japanese passports. I guess military service and communist regime doesn't make this option attractive for Korean and Chinese teams, unfortunately. (Though this means that these Canadian born Japanese passport holding players could eventually end up on Korean and Chinese teams without counting as an import player, as Jazz mentioned.)
    http://www.alhockey.com/news/050628/index.html

It seems there was a massive exodus of swedish players from Harbin and Qiqihar to Nordic Vikings...

http://www.alhockey.com/news/060106/index.html

Any reason? If i remember well all these players are "propriety" of Vikings, and they sent them on loan to chinese teams to strengthen it...so why they recalled all players?

News on the Vikings homepage sheds a little more light on the situation. The player exchange with Chinese teams was probably an experiment that didn't quite work out, unfortunately. And the Vikes themselves seems to be a risky experiment on the edge with the head coach leaving and the team changing home rinks from the (too) large Shouti to the Hosa skate centre (and consequently only drawing 150 people per game to this new arena, though attendance numbers at the big one was suspect too), both in midseason. On a positive note the team acquired AL veteran and half-Swedish Nihei Taro, this could strenghen the team's ties with the league, somewhat.
    http://www.nordicvikings.com/

Iceland's Daniel Eriksson has just joined the Nordic Vikings from Motala AIF Hockey in Sweden.

Edit: Jazz has informed me he is one of us, so congrats to Daniel on this adventure. Best of luck in Beijing.
    Bringing ice hockey to Northwest China!

I'm the hole formerly known as KazakhEagles

Quote Originally Posted by KazakhEagles
    Iceland's Daniel Eriksson has just joined the Nordic Vikings from Motala AIF Hockey in Sweden.

Edit: Jazz has informed me he is one of us, so congrats to Daniel on this adventure. Best of luck in Beijing.
    Daniel and Taro both flew from Stockholm late on friday - landing in Beijing at 8 in the morning, I assume they were not fit for saturdays fight against the Cranes. But I see the new head coach Peter Johansson indicates on Vikings home page that they both propably will play against Taros old team Cranes on sunday jan 15th.

I have forwarded Jazz greetings to Daniel (aka Dannydan) that his postings will be most welcome in this forum when he gets the hang of things in Beijing.
    Last edited by Anna; 15-01-2006 at 17:33.
    Ice Hockey Iceland - www.ihi.is
    Nordic Vikings - www.nordicvikings.com
    Nyköpings Hockey - www.nykopingshockey.se

Thread Information