Thread: New Rink in Istanbul?

New Rink in Istanbul?

I saw information last year that a new ice rink was being built with a whole sports plaza on the Anatolian side (maybe nearer to Tuzla) Does anyone know anything about this? Ankara and Izmit are a little too far for me to skate on a regular basis. Thanks!

other rinks?

So, as of yet, no one has any information about a new istanbul rink.
    Anyone that knows, are the rinks in Ankara an Izmit (Kocaeli) the only (real) rinks in Turkey? Anyone local that can help me, I can assist in cheap/free hockey equipment.
    Thanks!

Hello Istanbul Skater and welcome to the Turkish Forum :003: ,

I may not be a "local" in Turkey anymore... but from what I know unfortunately and sadly, Izmit and Ankara are the only ice rinks in Turkey :shakehead ..

With regards to hockey equipment, Cengo and Uyar are actually IH players, so I am sure offer of cheap IH equipment will bring a smile to their faces, maybe you can PM them and I am sure they will be able to assist you..

Who can say no to cheap/free IH equipment? :023: :003:
    Guildford Flames until the end! :)

GUILDFORD FLAMES EPL LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2007- 2008

GUILDFORD FLAMES EPL CUP CHAMPIONS 2009 -2010:c032:

GUILDFORD FLAMES 2010-2011 EPL PLAYOFF CHAMPIONS:-)

I knew the mention of free/cheap equipment would get a response, alas from the UK, but a response none the less. Yeah, I've skated at both the Ankara and Izmit rinks, just hoping soemthing closer gets built before I'm 50!

No worries, I would not read too much into the lack of response, the Turkish Forum has not been so "active" in the last weeks... :shakehead ..I think the lack of recent posts is a proof of that..

I am sure that if a rink was to be built, you will get the information from here..

If you do have any questions, feel free to post them, although I am not an expert on IH in Turkey, if I cannot help you, I am sure the others can...

Fingers crossed for the new rink :045:

Cady, whats your connection to turkish hockey? I am originally from Minnesota in the US and have lived here (Istanbul) the last 4 years.

I have no connections really just know one of the players that's all..

I am originally from Ankara, but have been living in UK for 15 years now

I did not even know IH existed in Turkey till about a year ago, and was surprised when I found out...

I follow the EPL and British IH more and of course my team Guildford Flames, whom I have been following religiously for three years now...

I do follow the Turkish League from here...but it is predominantly the EPL and Flames as I see their matches every weekend.. :003:

Don't get me wrong, I still support TIHL and the National Team..

IHF Member
    I think there ar more than 2 Rinks. We have information about Rinks in Antalya, Izmir and Altay:)

Dan this is the first time I am hearing of ice rinks, in Antalya, Izmir and Altay?? do share the news... If this is the case they are probably the synthetic recreation type ice rinks.. There are only two ice Rinks that's in Izmit and Ankara... It would be good if one of the guys can clarify as to whether there are three more rinks in Turkey...?? In any case if you have the websites please do provide and post them here.. :hockey1: More ice rinks in Turkey is kind of wishful thinking on my part :innocent0

IHF Member
    I just get this information. Its all I have:(

http://www.hockeyarenas.net/index.ph...pacity&lang=en

Maybe I will find the E-Mail I get with this information.
    Last edited by Dan; 02-07-2006 at 11:14.

Call me stubborn, but until I see the photos of the other ice rinks, I will not believe that they exist.. :shockey68 (or better yet I will take a little trip to those places and see with my own eyes) Mind you the one for Istanbul does exist and it is shaped like a hexagon in the middle of the shopping centre, and thats where the Istanbul team practises!, so considering that they are naming that as an ice arena, God only knows what the others are shaped or look like.... :shakehead

It would be good to get the other fellow Turks to give an idea, but the Turkish forum is not so active these last weeks, well the IH season being over guess that is normal :p :hockey1:

There is a new or ice rink opened in Istanbul a bit on the outskirts, well from what I am following from the media anyways, it is a vast open space like a forest, where you have summer concerts, restaurants and swimming pools and the people of Istanbul go there to escape city life! pheww.. and ladies and gentleman the ice rink there has also supposedly opened.....there are also talks that this ice rink can be used for IH matches along with figure skating sessions!. Anyways the address is www.parkorman.com.tr, if you are interested in looking..

I will be going to Istanbul soon with a good friend of mine, and time permitting, may give the ice a little go :101: much to my friends amusement!!! :D

IHF Member
    Ok I found it. We have this information from coach Tarik GOCMEN (KOCAELİ BB.)

If you want I give you the Adress and you can contact him.

ice rinks?

well, I have a flat in antalya and travel for work often to izmir. There are not rinks in these cities. But, I am hoping that there is a new rink opened in istanbul. I will check that out.

When I was in Turkey recently, we drove past the Izmit ice rink, had no time to check it out, but talk about pink building, an ice rink that is pink on the outside there is something you do not see everyday..... :003: :003: (at least one cannot miss it).... :023:

I wish I was as optimist as you, but the day they finally open an IH rink Istanbul (the one that has been apparently completed, and ready to open :mad: ), is the day I believe that miracles can happen!! :ooh: . Sorry for the sarcasism but for how long have they have been waiting for the rink to be opened!! Why are they waiting so long for?? just seems suspicios that's all... problems with money?? politics?? sponsors?? laziness??, all of these factors... who knows!!.. The Turkish Media does not even care as much......

OK, so the IH situation in Turkey is not as bad as say our neigbours in Greece...but you can only go up and the IH situation can always be improved...I think even the players have themselves have given up hope and belief...This is the impression that I have...

Let us assume that the ice rink is opened, it will take a while for fellow Turks to get into this sport, it can happen,, I mean when I went to see a tournament in Ankara last year, I was gobsmacked at the interest... The more I observed I noticed that the crowds, were made up of families, teammates and loved ones of the players.. There were also a section for the politicians and protocol..but are there a lot of public interest?? Most games don't even fill...and the games are FREE!!!. It is not even a case of it is too expensive to watch!!!!

On the plus side, as discussed before.... this sport will be seen as something new and will attract attention...but unfortunately in Turkey I feel if something falls out of fashion people lose interest, they don't seem to stick with it... or they move along.. IH games may be the next hot thing, or to be the next "in" place to be seen in... but the issue is in the marketing.. TIHF needs to attract and endavour to keep bums on seats..in the long run..

This is how I see the IH situation in Turkey as a passionate IH fan and a follower of IH.. When you live outside Turkey, like I do, you can look at things from a bigger perspective and think a bit outside the box...

Of course I would love for this sport and the IH community to get the attention it deserves.. but hey I am not the one to judge :hellig: ..

On a more positive note, they have an alternative IH rink opened in Parkorman, it is open for public skating.... and I hear according to a press article in Turkey, that this rink can be accomodated and altered for IH games,, they are looking to play IH games in Istanbul from here... but right now there is too much talk and not enough action.. (like most stuff back home right now,, sorry too much politics :seeingsta )Until I see these changes, and see Istanbul getting its Ice Rink with my very own eyes.... I will believe...Trust me, as soon as my schedule allows I will come over to watch a game... :hockey1:

On a final note, if this Parkorman rink will the base for Istanbul IH than at least it is something... TIHF and Parkorman should come to a good fair agreement.....

BTW peeps here is the link for the Parkorman worth checking out but again not much info on there www.parkorman.com.tr..

:rant:
    Last edited by Cady; 12-08-2006 at 16:02.

Hockey in Turkey?

I heard on the Olympics that there were only 2 ice rinks in the whole country of Turkey! :eek: Man, that would suck!
    The Finns WILL beat the Swedes in the 2010 Olympics! Mutta odota ensi keralle! (But wait till next time!)

There are only 2 olympic ice rinks!!!,,,,,, of course it sucks to say the least, especially in a country as large and as diverse as Turkey.. What a shame!! now do you really think in a country where there are two ice rinks, this sport will get anywhere????? :scratchhe sorry but this is the truth, if the third Ice rink is opened in Turkey hence as expected in Istanbul, then just maybe there may be a chance for this sport to develop... In reality, most Turks unfortunately do not care for this sport..... they need to be educated about the beauty of IH :002:

Actually, I have a good solution put me Cady in charge of TIHF and there will be no looking back :kidding: :claphands

new pictures about new ice rink in istanbul
    Last edited by cengo25; 25-09-2007 at 08:44.

Better than nothing, I suppose... Thanks for the pictures, cegno!
    Bringing ice hockey to Northwest China!

I'm the hole formerly known as KazakhEagles

:087: That tiny piece of ice is supposed to be an ice rinK?????? come on how the heck are you supposed to have matches on that .. :scratchhe pleaseeeee

This is very dissappointing.. I am sorry...I guess I expect better things for IH in my country, what Istanbul needs is a proper ice rink with spectator capacity, ... Well I guess the Istanbul team has something better to practice on !!!! :angest: but they will have to travel more to get there....

Sorry peeps I am still awaiting for the IH rink miracle.. :090: When will we learn!!!

After reading the press article,,, boy do they really market the product differently!!!

Oh one more thing, here is the link of the ice rink, with the photos, you can get a clearer picture of inside the rink... still not impressed?? where is the spectator section???

http://www.parkorman.com.tr/new/page.asp?name=buz_pisti

:hockey1:
    Last edited by Cady; 01-09-2006 at 01:10.

Quote Originally Posted by cengo25
    new pictures about new ice rink in istanbul

they're gonna freeze over the swimming pool?

Squared corners, no less! They can build a FIA Grade 1 racing circuit, but not a proper rink? Sure, Formula 1, World Touring Cars, and DTM might bring some tourism but there should be something that Turks can do themselves. As expensive as hockey is, even kart racing dwarfs hockey.
    Bringing ice hockey to Northwest China!

I'm the hole formerly known as KazakhEagles

Quote Originally Posted by Steigs
    they're gonna freeze over the swimming pool?

I hope you meant that as a joke.... Steigs :003: but come to think of it you know freezing the pool maybe a better option.. :023: more space....and more curves..Hell that can ba a venture in Winter!! and we can have open air ice skating :claphands

One of my friends sent me a press article which was really selling the ice rink well, it painted a positive picture in my head, yet after I saw the photos I was upset... and devastated. .... I agree KazakhEagles we can host Formula 1 well, built good racing track, yet when it comes to building one ice hockey rink this is what is done!!! Do excuse me all for my anger....after all I am not the one to keep my mouth shut :002:

Let me answer the question, why did Turkey sign on for Formula1 because Formula1 brings in money through sponsorship... Money money money thats what it all boils down to... Now lets be honest here not many people in Turkey give a damn about IH, most do not even know it exists.. Now how can a sport like this attract sponsorships in order to build an ice rink which IStanbul so badly deserves... and NEEDS!!!

Looking at the pictures closer, and the premises, looks like their is scope for development.. but by building a square rink, they have made the design and alteration perhaps a little bit difficult.....

It looks like the proprietors just built it, and plonked it on the land, without giving much thought to development of the sport....

Well on a positive aspect.... people of Istanbul have a better piece of ice to skate on, which hopefully will in time aid the development of ice sports in Turkey....

These are my honest thoughts,,, but I am glad and appreciate that other IHG forums can understand my frustration,, We all want the best for our favourite sport, and the best premises, and this reallly is not the best.... :rant:

Come on Istanbul and the municipality of Istanbul, build a nice olympic size ice rink.. :hockey:
    Last edited by Cady; 01-09-2006 at 20:44.

IHF Member
    I get pictures from this new RInk.

(alo istanbul paten kulubu)

Who can give me the adress and more informations ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I get pictures from this new RInk.

(alo istanbul paten kulubu)

Who can give me the adress and more informations ?
    Sorry Dan I am confused do you have photos of the new ice rink in Istanbul?? or you want to obtain them??

IHF Member
    Somebody send me some Pictures from "New Ice Rink Istanbul"

But when I was asking for Adress etc. , I never get answer from him:(

IHF Member
    Ah, now I understand. İstanbul Paten Kulübü is the Home Team of this rink here:

http://www.hockeyarenas.net/index.ph...1847&arID=1847

I will upload the pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Ah, now I understand. İstanbul Paten Kulübü is the Home Team of this rink here:

http://www.hockeyarenas.net/index.ph...1847&arID=1847

I will upload the pictures
    This is where they are based.. Am sure they will transfer when the new rink opens..

IHF Member
    I have uploadet the pictures. Hope its from the correct rink.

IHF Prospect

Turkey

hi first i m from Turkey and i play in Turkish super legue.There are 2 olympic rinks in Turkey.But there are more than 5 small rinks .But you cant really use them for hockey .

Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by Nugury View Post
    hi first i m from Turkey and i play in Turkish super legue.There are 2 olympic rinks in Turkey.But there are more than 5 small rinks .But you cant really use them for hockey .
    Welcome to the board Nugury, please spread this website amongst your teammates and other players in Turkey.

IHF Member
    Cool nugury! Which team do you play for?

Thread Information