Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,050 of 1351

Thread: Danish Prospects

  1. #1001
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Aarhus
    Posts
    131
    Thomas Spelling and the Bjorkstand brothers are very impressive in AL_Bank Ligaen. I enjoy watching them even though I'm from Esbjerg. Good hockey is good hockey.

    Anyway please explain it to me... Why isn't Patrick Bjorkstrand on the list? What does he lack? It surprises me because when I've seen him playing for Herning he's been the best of the 3.

  2. #1002
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Gentofte, Denmark
    Posts
    4,600
    I don’t necessarily think that there’s a knock on Bjorkstrand, other than the scouts doesn’t project him as a NHL caliber player. And to be fair, as good as he is (from a Danish perspective or should we say for Danish “Standards”), I’am pretty sure you will be able to find a number of players in Sweden, Finland or not to mention NA, that have the same kind of talent and skill set.

    Besides it’s the third year that he’s eligibly, and he wasn’t even ranked last year so on all accounts, Bjorkstrand would have to really stand out at this point in order to be considered for this year’s draft.

  3. #1003
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Aarhus
    Posts
    131
    Thanks for replying, Marras. He had more points then Spelling for an instance last WC, right? Still, I just don't get it. I'm no expert, that's probably why I don't get it - but I still think it's weird, because he's so dominant at a young age in AL-Bank Ligaen.

    Then what do you expect/believe his potential will give him of opportunities of places to play? Don't say he's only an Allsvenskan player! :)

    I see him as one of the next important NT players (in the same category as Hardt, Madsen, Mads Bødker etc). Maybe I'm wrong about that aswell.

  4. #1004
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinceusDK View Post

    Don't say he's only an Allsvenskan player! :)
    This is exactly the level for Bjorkstrand I would estimate, I’m sorry! Maybe Marras – as always – is more optimistic. But OK, it can though be difficult to estimate the potential in the long run. For instance I would never have guessed that Mads Christensen should develop into an important NT player. And one should not forget either that the Allsvenskan is a quite good league. I would estimate it to be on par with the lower part of the DEL (although it’s a quite different type of hockey or style)
    Btw already as youngsters Hardt and Madsen were listed much higher than Bjorkstrand on draft rankings like CS.

  5. #1005
    IHF Member rusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Rezekne
    Posts
    875
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinceusDK View Post
    Thomas Spelling and the Bjorkstand brothers are very impressive in AL_Bank Ligaen. I enjoy watching them even though I'm from Esbjerg. Good hockey is good hockey.

    Anyway please explain it to me... Why isn't Patrick Bjorkstrand on the list? What does he lack? It surprises me because when I've seen him playing for Herning he's been the best of the 3.
    I'd say the only thing Bjorkstrand lacks is the right age for the draft. If he was born in 1994 and played like this, he'd surely be drafted but he's 2 years older than guys that will be drafted. If people still even doubt about whether or not Russian Nikita Gusev will be drafted (well, now after the WJC I think he finally will) who is of the same age, well... it's like that with the draft.

    The same with us, this year we have 2 guys in NA list and 3 guys in European list, Ainārs Podziņš is 55, also 1992 and plays in KHL but I think his chances to be drafted are almost 0 at the point just because of age. When you are two years past the draft year, you'd need to play exceptionally good just to get drafted. If Bjorkstrand played in Elitserien and collected a decent amout of points there, he might get drafted but AL Bank Ligaen is... AL Bank Ligaen. And I really think people in Denmark overrate the league a bit as I didn't see that big a difference comparing our MHL guys who are also on the list- Lipsbergs and Jevpalovs (1994) vs Herning topscorers Bjorkstrand and Spelling in the game Latvia- Denmark.

  6. #1006
    IHF Member Conesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Currently Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    2,329
    If this helps, the reason why some Danish/non-North American players won't get drafted this year in their 3rd year of eligibility is that it's easier to take flyers on NCAA players. I think primarily it's that college players have their draft rights retained longer, as well as it's easier for the teams to follow their players.
    Twitter: @CSmeeth

  7. #1007
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Aalborg
    Posts
    327
    http://www.bellevillebulls.com/artic...n-mayer/113438

    Simon Grønvaldt is no longer part of the Belleville Bulls in the OHL. On January 9th Belleville acquired overaged forward Jordan Mayer from Missisauga which have led to the release of Grønvaldt due to the limit of a maximum of two (or is it three?) overaged players on the roster.

    Simon is still without a team. Could he return to Denmark just as Sebastian Svendsen has? His former team Rødovre sure could use a good defenseman.

    Quote from http://www.intelligencer.ca/ArticleD...spx?e=3432552:
    "Burnett was forced to release overage import Simon Gronvaldt, the team's plus-minus leader, to make room for Mayer. Bulls will miss his steady, reliable no-mistakes approach to the game.

    "It was difficult to have that conversation," said Burnett. "But it was a decision we felt we had to make. We paid a lot, having to lose Simon, but we expect more from everybody else (on defence) and they can all elevate their games.

    "I'm OK with our D right now. I'm OK with the group."
    Last edited by jarl70; 15-01-2012 at 14:40.

  8. #1008
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Gentofte, Denmark
    Posts
    4,600
    Unless he’s picked up by another OHL team, which at this point doesn’t appear to have happened or land a contract with a minor league team a return to Danish hockey seems like the logic choice.

  9. #1009
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Aalborg
    Posts
    327
    Whatever is going to happen with Grønvaldt from now on, I am sure that he comes out of his OHL career as a stronger player. He started out on a weak Kitchener-team that had lost almost all of their players from the OHL-winning team the season before (where Mikkel Bødker was a dominant player on the team).

    After a difficult first season, he has spent 2½ seasons on top teams with the 2011 playoff run with Niagara as an absolute remark for Grønvaldt.

    With his right handedness and his defensive liability, he will be a great player for the NT in a few years. Heck, if he returns to the Danish league now, he could very well be in the mix for a spot on the WC team already this year.

  10. #1010
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Gentofte, Denmark
    Posts
    4,600
    Quote Originally Posted by jarl70 View Post
    Whatever is going to happen with Grønvaldt from now on, I am sure that he comes out of his OHL career as a stronger player. He started out on a weak Kitchener-team that had lost almost all of their players from the OHL-winning team the season before (where Mikkel Bødker was a dominant player on the team).

    After a difficult first season, he has spent 2½ seasons on top teams with the 2011 playoff run with Niagara as an absolute remark for Grønvaldt.

    With his right handedness and his defensive liability, he will be a great player for the NT in a few years. Heck, if he returns to the Danish league now, he could very well be in the mix for a spot on the WC team already this year.
    It wouldn’t hurt his chances of at least getting a look in training camp, especially since NT management, for whatever reasons seem a bit reluctant to include junior/college players from NA. Obviously this assumes that he’s good enough, but Svendsen hasn’t looked out off place since returning from the WHL so hopefully that’s also the case with Grønvaldt.

  11. #1011
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Aarhus
    Posts
    131
    I can't wait to see how Grønvaldt performs in AL-Bank Ligaen. Will be exciting. I have a hard time believing he will find any spot on the National Team this year, but I agree with jarl70 that Per Bäckmann should try him out in some of the test games upcoming to WC. If he performs well, I do believe that PB will give him a chance.

    He is indeed reluctant to try out the players from the Canadien hockey leagues. It's really a bit odd to me. If you look at Danish soccer and NT there, we have had many players jumping directly from the U21 team to the National Team. Those players (Bjelland, Lössl, LB from Ajax) are rarely players the ordinary soccer fan has ever heard of, but through good communication between the Danish NT coach and U21 coach they've been giving a chance on the NT.

    I know soccer and hockey are two different things but it still strikes me a bit odd, that it seems that there are lack of communication between Todd Björkstrand and Per Bäckmann. For an instance, Nicklas Jensen - is he ready for WC or not? Todd Björkstrand should know and be able to tell PB. IMO Todd should be able to tell PB if he has some WC-ready players and PB should trust him.

  12. #1012
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    180
    Good point Marinceus! I would add that it seems to be part of a well thought strategy by Morten Olsen (The Danish NT soccer coach) to include young players at an early age. That way he gets to see the players at first hand, he gives them an extra amount of self confidence, and at the same time he promotes their careers and CV by letting them play on the NT. That way the young players get exposed and foreign clubs in better leagues than the Danish often get interested. And within a few years the NT might capitalize from the experience that the players have from playing in a better league than the Danish – if they make the best team which in soccer probably is the greatest problem with Danish youngsters playing abroad.
    I don't see why PB couldn't the same thing - perhaps in a smaller scale due to the smaller amount of friendly NT games in hockey compared to soccer (when you include “ligalandsholdet”). I also know that it can be difficult to engage players from NA during the season.

    My list of young players I would like to see on the NT within a year:

    Nicklas Jensen, Oshawa Generals, OHL (friendly games and WC)
    Oliver Lauridsen, Adriondrack Phantoms, AHL (friendly games perhaps WC)
    Marcus Lauridsen, Green Bay Gamblers, USHL (friendly games)
    Simon Grønvaldt, Rødovre? ALB-ligaen? (friendly games)
    Felix Scheel, Rögle, Allsvenskan/J20 Superelit (friendly games)
    Thomas Spelling, Herning, ALB-ligaen (friendly games)
    Patrick Björkstrand, Herning, ALB-ligaen (friendly games).
    Last edited by Sofaw; 19-01-2012 at 18:23.

  13. #1013
    IHF Member WHawks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Århus, Denmark
    Posts
    1,431
    You can add Nicolai Meyer to that list of players that are worth trying out in pre-season games in my oppinion.

  14. #1014
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Gentofte, Denmark
    Posts
    4,600
    As somewhere expected, Simon Grønvaldt has signed with Rødovre of the Danish Elite League. Another Danish prospect, who also is on the move, is forward Anders Schultz(1992), who has been traded from the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders (USHL) to the Topeka RoadRunners of the NAHL.

  15. #1015
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Aarhus
    Posts
    131
    @ WHawks

    I agree! I think Meyer will get the chance for his NT debut next year actually. I have high expectations for Meyer.

    PB this year, will be even more reluctant to try out Grønvaldt, N. Jensen because of the cancelled exhibitions games in mid-december. I do have a feeling that due to last years "pressure" that Oliver Lauridsen will get the chance at his first World Cup. Just a gut-feeling :)

    But perhaps based on the testgames Nicklas Jensen played for Vancouver Canucks, where he impressed me, PB will give him the chance. I'd say there's 40% chance he's coming. Starkov, Lasse Lassen, Kasper Degn - partially Jesper Jensen (Freezers)... Not impressive.

  16. #1016
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Aalborg
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinceusDK View Post
    But perhaps based on the testgames Nicklas Jensen played for Vancouver Canucks, where he impressed me, PB will give him the chance. I'd say there's 40% chance he's coming. Starkov, Lasse Lassen, Kasper Degn - partially Jesper Jensen (Freezers)... Not impressive.
    With a team at full strength, Kirill Starkov and Jesper Jensen would (usually) be at around the 12th or 13th forward. As of now, our only NHL players to be unavailable for the WCs are Jannik Hansen (playoffs) and Peter Regin (injury), and Kirill Starkov and Jesper Jensen will be the natural replacements together with Nicklas Jensen. Frederik Storm could also be in the mix, while Bäckman probably also wants to look to the experience of Kim Staal. If Thor Dresler recovers well from his broken leg, I find his experience and working ethics indispensable.
    Last edited by jarl70; 22-01-2012 at 12:03.

  17. #1017
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Aarhus
    Posts
    131
    Following up on Simon Grønvaldt it seems Per Bäckmann is giving him a chance. Will be exciting to see how he will do at an international level with seniors only. Have anyone seen him play for Rødovre? If so, how would you describe him and rate him compared to other NT defenders?

  18. #1018
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Aalborg
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinceusDK View Post
    Following up on Simon Grønvaldt it seems Per Bäckmann is giving him a chance. Will be exciting to see how he will do at an international level with seniors only. Have anyone seen him play for Rødovre? If so, how would you describe him and rate him compared to other NT defenders?
    I haven't seen Grønvaldt play against men since his first season on Rødovre's elite team, but I saw him in four games at the WJC D1 back in 2008-09. He is first of all a defensive defenseman who you can't judge out of point production. He is a stay-at-home and safety-first type of player. His right shot could prove to be very valuable to the NT as we lack players who shoots right.

    I don't recall him as being a checking D-man and from what I have read, he is not using is (after all) big body the way a D-man on an international level should. That is something he can learn, though, and now playing against men will only develop that ability.

  19. #1019
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Aalborg
    Posts
    327
    In last nights 2-3 loss against the Ottawa 67s, Nicklas Jensen scored a goal to round 100 points in 100 games in the OHL.

    Jensen has 50 goals and 50 assists in 100 OHL games.

  20. #1020
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Gentofte, Denmark
    Posts
    4,600

    Prospect Update – February

    Denmark

    AL-Bank Ligaen
       GPGAPPIM+/-
    1.Thomas SpellingF090293Herning281614304N/A
    2.Patrick BjorkstrandF010792Herning317212828N/A
    3.Oliver BjorkstrandF100495Herning311310236N/A
    4.Jonas Sass F270493Herlev32851343N/A
    5.Mathias Bau HansenF030793Rødovre32381120N/A

    /NORTH AMERICA

    NCAA III
       GPGAPPIM+/-
    1.Nicholas JensenF080489SUNY-Plattsburgh20781524N/A
    2.Alexander JensenF160790SUNY-Plattsburgh2159148N/A

    *Note: Article from last month on N. Jensen & A. Jensen.
    http://pressrepublican.com/0300_spor...ttsburgh-State

    OHL
       GPGAPPIM+/-
    1.Nicklas JensenF160393Oshawa Generals3921214218-4
    2.Simon Grønvaldt*D300191Niagara IceDogs38281020+11

    WHL
       GPGAPPIM+/-
    1.Sebastian Svendsen*F300791Moose Jaw Warriors1122400

    United States Hockey League(USHL)
       GPGAPPIM+/-
    1.Markus LauridsenD280291Green Bay Gamblers385172226+25
    2.Anders Schultz*F010692Cedar Rapids182356-5

    North American Hockey League(NAHL)
       GPGAPPIM+/-
    1.Anders SchultzF010692Topeka RoadRunners62242+4
    2.Nikolaj Rosenthal*F180691Bismarck Bobcats41122+1

    Sweden

    J20 SuperElit Top 10
       GPGAPPIM+/-
    1.Martin HöjbjergF140793Djurgården833640
    2.Mikkel HöjbjergF140793Djurgården 80442+1
    3.Felix Maegaard-Scheel F 010992Rögle12022+1

    J20 SuperElit
       GPGAPPIM+/-
    1.Nicolai Meyer F 210793Malmö 93580+2
    2.Sebastian Ehlers F 210393Malmö1134718+1

    J20 Super Elit
       GPGAASVS%SO
    1.Christian LarsenG290593 Malmö 102,6791,212

    J20 Elit
       GPGAPPIM+/-
    1.Nick OlesenF141195 Bofors92244-2
    2.Daniel CamermoF310394Borås121344-1
    3.Alexander Emil EdelskovD140793Oskarshamn2102210-1

    J18 Allsvenskan S
       GPGAPPIM+/-
    1. Matthias AsperupF030395 Frölunda 1058134+9
    2. Nick OlesenF141195 Bofors110662+4
    3. Sonny HertzbergD210495 Frölunda 103032+3
    4. Daniel CamermoF310394Borås31010-2
    5. Casper StockfischF130395HV-7191016-6
    6. Mads EllerF250695 Frölunda 400000
    7. Christian KristiansenF050195 Rögle 70002-7

    J18 Elit S
       GPGAPPIM+/-
    1.Andre StarmoseF180895 Malmö 60114-4
    2.Christoffer LindhøjD240194 Malmö100000
    3.Andreas Bender D 200595 Tingsryds 50002-4

    Finland

    Jr. B
       GPGAPPIM+/-
    1.Magnus Leth NielsenD070294Lukko U186134N/AN/A

    *Note: Nielsen has apparently moved to Finnish junior hockey.

    Switzerland
    Junioren Elite A
       GPGAPPIM+/-
    1.Nikolaj EhlersF130296Biel281717346N/A

    Austria
    U20 Red Bulls Hockey Rookies Cup
       GPGAPPIM+/-
    1.Valdemar KisumF220695EC Salzburg U2010000N/A

    U18 Red Bulls Hockey Rookies Cup
       GPGAPPIM+/-
    1.Valdemar KisumF220695EC Salzburg U182225712N/A

    Russia
    MHL B
       GPGAPPIM+/-
    1.Magnus Leth Nielsen*D070294Baltica Vilnius180114-8
    Last edited by Marras; 05-02-2012 at 20:22.

  21. #1021
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    180

    Felix Scheel

    After his injury Felix Scheel returned to Rögles Allsvenskan team in the game yesterday against the leading team Örebro. According to reports he did it great and his toi was impressive 16.26 min. The Rögle blogger Punisher said among other things that Scheel showed capabilities that Rögle can profit from in the future.
    It will be exciting to see if Rögle will sign him! If they do so and he gets decent ice time next season the Danish NT is not far ahead...

  22. #1022
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Aarhus
    Posts
    131
    Speaking of young guns, Per Bäckmann is reportedly looking to include Thomas Spelling and Patrick Björkstrand for some of the final tests in April (if they're available from Herning). I couldn't find the main article but it's supposed to be on www.aoh.dk. And as many of you guys know, I do like Patrick Björkstrand (and Spelling ofcourse), so it suits me just fine. Especially with Olympics Qualifications coming up.

    @ Sofaw: Great news, and thanks for linking. Very exciting with Felix Scheel. I've never seen him play. Don't flame me now - just asking - but is he NHL-material? I've always considered Meyer a bigger talent based on medias and production, but great news for Danish hockey.

  23. #1023
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Gentofte, Denmark
    Posts
    4,600
    I think this is the article(not that it says a whole lot) you are referring to. Sporten.dk is also reporting that Oliver Lauridsen is being considered, so it should be an interesting training camp.

  24. #1024
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Gentofte, Denmark
    Posts
    4,600
    Speaking of Felix Scheel, Rögle's fan blog has an interview with him.
    http://fanblog.roglebk.se/?p=14753

  25. #1025
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinceusDK View Post
    . I've never seen him play. Don't flame me now - just asking - but is he NHL-material? I've always considered Meyer a bigger talent based on medias and production, but great news for Danish hockey.
    I've seen him play, but it's 1½ year ago. Back then he wasn't anything special to be honest. But he seems to have improved a lot, and his production in the Swedish u20 superelite has been impressive. I don´t think he's a coming NHL guy, but with hard work perhaps he could reach the SEL in 3-4 years (he can still improve on his physics).

    I also used to regard Meyer as a great talent, but he was somewhat disappointing during WJC 20, and frankly I’ve seen Meyer 7-8 times (last year during the Sino cup and this year in all the games during the WJC) and I find it hard to see the NHL or Top European league potential. But he can still work on his physics though. Btw maybe he shouldn’t have left FWH. Now he has spent almost 1½ year in Malmö with only 2 appearances on the first team. But then again there is no way to know how things might have turned out had he stayed in Denmark….

  26. #1026
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Aalborg
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by Marras View Post
    I think this is the article(not that it says a whole lot) you are referring to. Sporten.dk is also reporting that Oliver Lauridsen is being considered, so it should be an interesting training camp.
    I haven't seen this article (on AOH.dk) before now. Quite surprised to see that Bäckman has Anders Poulsen in his considerations for the national team. I like Bäckman's style with trying out a lot of players during the season and then, when the WC's are getting closer, he searches in on the roster that he wants for the tournament.

  27. #1027
    IHF Member Valdemar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sevilla, Spain
    Posts
    300

    Green Bay coach has praise for Markus Lauridsen

    sctimes.com has a nice article regarding Markus Lauridsen in relation to his move next season to St. Cloud State University.

    Among other things his coach Lalonde says; “He’ll have an impact as a freshman in every area of the game in the WCHA, he has very, very good instincts on the power play."
    "He’s had a great year and played a key role in every situation for us and been a go-to ‘D’ man."
    “He’s played a significant role in helping us win a lot of hockey games and has a good future at St. Cloud.”

    The article can be found here: Green Bay coach has praise for SCSU hockey recruit Lauridsen

  28. #1028
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Gentofte, Denmark
    Posts
    4,600
    NHL Central Scouting has released its final rankings for the 2012 NHL Draft. Only Dane to make the list is Herning’s Thomas Spelling, who comes in at nr. 90 (European skaters).

    http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=79333

  29. #1029
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Aalborg
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by Marras View Post
    NHL Central Scouting has released its final rankings for the 2012 NHL Draft. Only Dane to make the list is Herning’s Thomas Spelling, who comes in at nr. 90 (European skaters).

    http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=79333
    I have been wondering about this all season: Spelling is an overager when it comes to the NHL draft. Usually overage players do not feature on the scouting lists until the final ranking in April, but Spelling has been listed on all rankings throughout the season, while e.g Nikolai Meyer haven't been on one single ranking, despite putting up good numbers in the Swedish Elite junior league.

    Spelling deserves to be drafted after the year he have had, but it doesn't make sense to me that he has been ranked all season.

  30. #1030
    IHF Member rusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Rezekne
    Posts
    875
    Quote Originally Posted by jarl70 View Post
    I have been wondering about this all season: Spelling is an overager when it comes to the NHL draft. Usually overage players do not feature on the scouting lists until the final ranking in April, but Spelling has been listed on all rankings throughout the season, while e.g Nikolai Meyer haven't been on one single ranking, despite putting up good numbers in the Swedish Elite junior league.

    Spelling deserves to be drafted after the year he have had, but it doesn't make sense to me that he has been ranked all season.
    Podziņš from Latvia has been on that list since the beginning and much higher, also overager so I don't expect him to be drafted. I guess sometimes they just are there all season long too.

  31. #1031
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Gentofte, Denmark
    Posts
    4,600
    Old news, but Markus Lauridsen’s Green Bay is ready for the USHL's Eastern Conf Finals.

    Lauridsen has 2 goals in 4 playoff games and a +/- rating of +6.

  32. #1032
    IHF Member Valdemar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sevilla, Spain
    Posts
    300

    International tournament

    Two Danish U16 players; Kristian Jensen, Odense and Jeppe Vinther, Frederikshavn, have participated in World Selects Invitational (Boys 96), a strong international tournament held this year in Portland, Maine USA.
    They played on Sweden Selects, a mostly Swedish team, that managed to qualify for the final, that ended with a 4-1 loss to CSKA Moscow.

    Kristian Jensen scored 6 goals (3rd most on the team) and one of them was the decisive penalty shot in the semi-final OT victory against East-Coast Select from Ontario, Canada.

    Jeppe Vinther was elected to play on the European All-star team that beat the American All-star team 8-6. There he was team-mate with many Russian YOG (Youth Olympic Games) players.

    Link to the tournament page

  33. #1033
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Gentofte, Denmark
    Posts
    4,600

    USHL Update

    Green Bay has taken a 2-0 lead against Indiana in the USHL Semi-finals.

    Lauridsen picked up an assist in game 1.

  34. #1034
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Gentofte, Denmark
    Posts
    4,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    Two Danish U16 players; Kristian Jensen, Odense and Jeppe Vinther, Frederikshavn, have participated in World Selects Invitational (Boys 96), a strong international tournament held this year in Portland, Maine USA.
    They played on Sweden Selects, a mostly Swedish team, that managed to qualify for the final, that ended with a 4-1 loss to CSKA Moscow.

    Kristian Jensen scored 6 goals (3rd most on the team) and one of them was the decisive penalty shot in the semi-final OT victory against East-Coast Select from Ontario, Canada.

    Jeppe Vinther was elected to play on the European All-star team that beat the American All-star team 8-6. There he was team-mate with many Russian YOG (Youth Olympic Games) players.

    Link to the tournament page
    Not bad. Any word on how the were named(try-out,scouted etc.) to the roster?

  35. #1035
    IHF Member Valdemar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sevilla, Spain
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by Marras View Post
    Not bad. Any word on how the were named(try-out,scouted etc.) to the roster?
    I don't know, but it is a good question, and I have been wondering about it myself. I believe it could be a combination of scouting/reputation - they are both profiles on the Danish U16 national team - and showing interest themselves.
    A guess could be “scouting” at the U16 Nordic Cup 2011, but your guess is as good as mine.

    But great for Danish hockey that some of our top youth players get a chance to participate in tournaments like this. The experience playing games against the best players in the world their age is invaluable. I hope some Danish players will be allowed to participate again next year, and if the election committee at World Selects Invitational needs a hint about who to pick, I would be happy to provide them with a name or two.

  36. #1036
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Gentofte, Denmark
    Posts
    4,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    I don't know, but it is a good question, and I have been wondering about it myself. I believe it could be a combination of scouting/reputation - they are both profiles on the Danish U16 national team - and showing interest themselves.
    A guess could be “scouting” at the U16 Nordic Cup 2011, but your guess is as good as mine.
    I think we can settle on a mix of the two , at least in the case of Jeppe Vinther.

    http://www.kanalfrederikshavn.dk/vis...hold-i-moskva/

  37. #1037
    IHF Member Stolpskott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    447
    This swedish select team is far far away from featuring some of the better U16 players from Sweden, only recognized two players on the roster.

  38. #1038
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Gentofte, Denmark
    Posts
    4,600
    Markus Lauridsen scored an goal in Green Bay's 2-1 win over Indiana. With the win Green Bay, clinched the series and is ready for the USHL Finals(The Clark Cup).

  39. #1039
    IHF Member rusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Rezekne
    Posts
    875
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    But great for Danish hockey that some of our top youth players get a chance to participate in tournaments like this. The experience playing games against the best players in the world their age is invaluable.
    I wonder why they can't play with team Denmark in such a tournament. Latvia Selects have played in such tournaments or years with our own team...

  40. #1040
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Aalborg
    Posts
    327
    Here's a video interview from IIHF.com on the Swedish development program:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtJv0RDPFms&hd=1

    It is just one of many ways Denmark can be inspired by Sweden's hockey program.

  41. #1041
    IHF Member Tobias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Aalborg, Denmark
    Posts
    2,510
    Quote Originally Posted by jarl70 View Post
    Here's a video interview from IIHF.com on the Swedish development program:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtJv0RDPFms&hd=1

    It is just one of many ways Denmark can be inspired by Sweden's hockey program.
    The remaining Danish hockey clubs could start being inspired by Herning and Rødovre, which are on par with the best Swedish clubs. Imagine if all teams provided Denmark with talents like they do.

  42. #1042
    IHF Member ElQuapo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Århus, Denmark
    Posts
    779
    Regarding Rødovres youth program - a small anecdote :-)

    My brother worked with a former Rødovre player some years ago, and as far as he understood from their small talk, Rødovre at some point played in the Swedish youth leagues. They apparently won their division one year and where thus promoted. The next season they again won their division, but where denied promotion. According to my brothers acquaintance, the official reason for their denied promotion was that they where not a Swedish club, but unofficially the Swedish federation where afraid that they might actually win the Swedish youth championship in their age category.

    Does anyone know if this is close to the truth, or if it is mostly just a subjective and selective viewpoint?

    Edit: Uhh, post number 666 :-o

  43. #1043
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Gentofte, Denmark
    Posts
    4,600
    I haven't been able to find data(What season would this have taken place?) to back up your brother's story, but Rødovre and also now Rungsted have a team playing in the U15 Division 1, Skåne region.

    http://www.swehockey.se/Distrikt/Ska.../Resultat-TSM/

    Select--> Seriespel-->U15-->U15 Division 1, Skånes Ishockeyförbund

    Not the worst showing by the two teams.
    Last edited by Marras; 12-05-2012 at 00:47.

  44. #1044
    IHF Member ElQuapo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Århus, Denmark
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by Marras View Post
    I haven't been able to find data(What season would this have taken place?) to back up your brother's story, but Rødovre and also now Rungsted have a team playing in the U15 Division 1, Skåne region.

    http://www.swehockey.se/Distrikt/Ska.../Resultat-TSM/

    Select--> Seriespel-->U15-->U15 Division 1, Skånes Ishockeyförbund

    Not the worst showing by the two teams.
    The player in question is probably in his mid twenties today, so we are probably talking about 2004-2006 if it is the U20 team, earlier if it is a younger age-group.

    I will try to ask him who the player in question is next time I see him :-)

  45. #1045
    IHF Member WHawks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Århus, Denmark
    Posts
    1,431
    Rødovre had a U18 team playing in Skåne (J18 Div. 2) as late as 10/11 along with Gentofte I think.

  46. #1046
    IHF Member ElQuapo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Århus, Denmark
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by WHawks View Post
    Rødovre had a U18 team playing in Skåne (J18 Div. 2) as late as 10/11 along with Gentofte I think.
    And still this season as far as I can find with Marras link.

    One thing does seem to confirm the anecdote. Rødovre where placed above the promotion line in the J18 Div.2 last season, yet they still played in the Div.2 this season. Whether they are not allowed to promote higher or whether they themselves choose not to play higher I don't know?

  47. #1047
    IHF Member Tobias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Aalborg, Denmark
    Posts
    2,510
    Quote Originally Posted by ElQuapo View Post
    Regarding Rødovres youth program - a small anecdote :-)

    My brother worked with a former Rødovre player some years ago, and as far as he understood from their small talk, Rødovre at some point played in the Swedish youth leagues. They apparently won their division one year and where thus promoted. The next season they again won their division, but where denied promotion. According to my brothers acquaintance, the official reason for their denied promotion was that they where not a Swedish club, but unofficially the Swedish federation where afraid that they might actually win the Swedish youth championship in their age category.

    Does anyone know if this is close to the truth, or if it is mostly just a subjective and selective viewpoint?

    Edit: Uhh, post number 666 :-o
    Here is some deep knowledge about their program provided by Karsten.
    http://forums.internationalhockey.ne...outh-programme

    It's a couple of years ago, and Herning has since proved that they can produce players of the same caliber (Niklas Jensen), but the history remains the same.

  48. #1048
    IHF Member mlm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Herning
    Posts
    47
    ^^ That thread seems dead so I'll post it here. Does people still considder the Rødovre youth program to be superior to that of Herning? I honestly don't know much about the Danish youth programs, but I just tried to make a "all star" team of currently active Herning raised (and born) players, it looks pretty good to me. Would be interesting to see something similar for Rødovre.

    Here how a Herning team could look like:

    Mads Christensen - Frans Nielsen - Nicklas Jensen
    Thomas Spelling - Peter Regin - Morten H. Poulsen
    Christoffer Kjærgaard - Patrick Bjorkstrand - Lasse Lassen
    Kasper Degn - Anders H. Poulsen - Oliver Bjorkstrand

    Daniel Nielsen - Stefan Lassen
    Rasmus Nielsen - Daniel Madsen
    Mads Schaarup - Anders Overmark

    Frederik Andersen
    Simon Nielsen

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Roster: Name (position - Club this season - games/point)

    Mads Christensen (LW/C - Berlin - 46/24)
    Thomas Spelling (LW/RW - Herning - 50/57)
    Christoffer Kjærgaard (LW - SønderjyskE - 51/55)
    Kasper Degn (LW - Aalborg - 53/41)

    Frans Nielsen (C - NY Islanders - 82/47)
    Peter Regin (C - Ottawa - 10/4)
    Patrick Bjorkstrand (C - Herning - 53/45)
    Anders H. Poulsen (C/W - Herning - 49/22)

    Nicklas Jensen (RW/LW - Oshawa/Chicago - 71/69)
    Morten H. Poulsen (RW/LW - Oskarshamn - 56/32)
    Lasse Lassen (RW - Borås/Herning - 56/31)
    Oliver Bjorkstrand (RW - Herning - 46/29)

    Daniel Nielsen (D - Hamborg - 55/12)
    Stefan Lassen (D - Malmø - 56/9)
    Rasmus Nielsen (D - Herning - 57/22)
    Daniel Madsen (D - Aalborg - 52/23)
    Mads Schaarup (D - Odense - 55/16)
    Anders Overmark (D - Herning - 57/7)

    Frederik Andersen (G - Frölunda 45/0)
    Simon Nielsen (G - Lukko/Hokki/LeKi 20/0)

    Coach: Todd Bjorkstrand
    Ass. Coach: Adam Wozninski

  49. #1049
    IHF Member Tobias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Aalborg, Denmark
    Posts
    2,510
    Quote Originally Posted by mlm View Post
    ^^ That thread seems dead so I'll post it here. Does people still considder the Rødovre youth program to be superior to that of Herning? I honestly don't know much about the Danish youth programs, but I just tried to make a "all star" team of currently active Herning raised (and born) players, it looks pretty good to me. Would be interesting to see something similar for Rødovre.
    No not any more. But at the time i made the thread, Herning didn't have any high end prospects like Eller and Bødker. Herning had more depth even at the time, but lacked high end caliber prospects - not any more :)

  50. #1050
    IHF Member ElQuapo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Århus, Denmark
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by ElQuapo View Post
    The player in question is probably in his mid twenties today, so we are probably talking about 2004-2006 if it is the U20 team, earlier if it is a younger age-group.

    I will try to ask him who the player in question is next time I see him :-)
    Turns out, that the player in question was born in 1988. This means that he played youth hockey together with players like Lars Eller, Mikkel Bødker, Mads Bødker, Morten Madsen etc.

    With a team like that, is does not sound unlikely that Rødovre could have competed in the top Swedish Junior divisions if they had been allowed.

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •