Thread: Kuwait National Team

Kuwait Kuwait National Team

I came across an interesting article: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...51C0A96F958260

I tried to find the roster, photographs, game sheets, tournament statistics, or any other related information. As far as I could find, they only ever competed in the 1999 Asian Winter Games, possibly due to Kuwait not having an Ice Hockey Federation. Does anybody have information other than what is written in that article? Thanks in advance.
    Bringing ice hockey to Northwest China!

I'm the hole formerly known as KazakhEagles

IHF Member

Kuwait National Team

The Kuwait National Team played indeed at the Asian Winter Games, 1999 in Kangnung, Rep. of Korea.

Here the scores:

30. Jan 99 Asian Winter Games, Kangnung, Rep. of Korea vs. Japan: 1 -44
    01. Feb 99 Asian Winter Games, Kangnung, Rep. of Korea vs. China 0 -35
    05. Feb 99 Asian Winter Games, Kangnung, Rep. of Korea vs. Mongolia 4 -5

The only ice rink in Kuwait City was used as a mortuary, when it was the first Gulf War..... Kuwait could/would not pay the annual fee at this time. What I heard, the IIHF decided, Kuwait to eject..... fu :censored: bullsh :censored: war........

There was also a national championship in Kuwait in the 80ies:

1983/84 ROYAL VIKINGS KUWAIT Champion

Team games / won / tied / lost / points

1. ROYAL VIKINGS KUWAIT 6 5 1 0 11
    2. KUWAIT FALCONS 6 2 0 4 4
    3. AC DIPLOMATS 6 1 1 4 3

1984/85 ROYAL VIKINGS KUWAIT Champion

1. ROYAL VIKINGS KUWAIT
    2. KUWAIT FALCONS
    3. AC DIPLOMATS

Sorry, no more infos found..... :)
    Cheers, Franco

Warmup for Asian Winter Games; Kuwait to take on local Canadian team in ice hockey

Kuwait will face the local Canadian-community team in an ice hockey match Monday at Kuwait Ice Skating Rink, ahead of the national teamís visit to China for the Winter Asian Games, kicking off on Jan 28, 2007.

Full Article:
    http://www.arabtimesonline.com/arabt...?ID=7531&cat=a

Sounds like Kuweit is looking to rejoin the World Championship competition. Definitely good to hear, I hope this happens soon.

However:

If everything goes well, Kuwait can very soon play A Group teams like USA, Canada, Czech, Sweden and Slovakia.
    Uhhhh.... no offense but......

Kuwaiti Ice hockey....:seeingsta now I heard everything.. Will be interesting to see how they do...
    Guildford Flames until the end! :)

GUILDFORD FLAMES EPL LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2007- 2008

GUILDFORD FLAMES EPL CUP CHAMPIONS 2009 -2010:c032:

GUILDFORD FLAMES 2010-2011 EPL PLAYOFF CHAMPIONS:-)

IHF Prospect
    Head coach is Jan Brychta 29(Czech republik)
    Games Kuwait 4-3 canadians 2x20 minutes

Kuwait has a webpage

I found a website for Kuwait Ice Hockey it's very new most of it has to be updated but there are pics of players.
    http://www.kiht.piczo.com/?cr=4&rfm=y

Pictures of the national team set to Linkin Park's "In The End," now for your viewing pleasure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiTrQcqr9KQ

More photos with: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76jTTN1NVow

and while we're at it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWPeXXzSNAE

From October 2007, which is video (or contains, anyway): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpLVdXiDjr8
    Last edited by Trim; 24-11-2007 at 04:05. Reason: Heh, found more.
    Bringing ice hockey to Northwest China!

I'm the hole formerly known as KazakhEagles

no disrespect to them but the level looks poor, but maybe its hard to tell from a video.

Its good more countries in the Middle East starting to play internationally. From what I know of Middle Eastern nations playing hockey it was just UAE. Are there any more countries that play internationally?

IHF Prospect
    Hi Algerian Hockey Playa
    I could not agree with you more :) "we were so bad" at Bangkok but i know for a fact that we are better than how we played on the video you see in bangkok we tied up with Malysia in one game and lost the other game 2-1 when before around one year we did beat them
    kuw 10 - 2 mal and that is natural when you have a team that does not train at all due to number of reasons so we can blame no one but our selves "Kuwait Team"
    In the Other hand our brothers in UAE now they have had a stable progress and improved on thier game i can clearly see that and i am happy for them :) i sure was happy when i knew that algeria had a team with many players playing in france

Quote Originally Posted by Mohammad Alduaij View Post
    Hi Algerian Hockey Playa
    I could not agree with you more :) "we were so bad" at Bangkok but i know for a fact that we are better than how we played on the video you see in bangkok we tied up with Malysia in one game and lost the other game 2-1 when before around one year we did beat them
    kuw 10 - 2 mal and that is natural when you have a team that does not train at all due to number of reasons so we can blame no one but our selves "Kuwait Team"
    In the Other hand our brothers in UAE now they have had a stable progress and improved on thier game i can clearly see that and i am happy for them :) i sure was happy when i knew that algeria had a team with many players playing in france
    Welcome to the board!
    Perhaps you might be able to give us an update on how Kuwaiti ice hockey is doing, whether a rink has reopened in the country or if there are any plans to open one?

Quote Originally Posted by Mohammad Alduaij View Post
    Hi Algerian Hockey Playa
    I didnt say you were so bad, i said the level looked poor but its hard to tell from the video.

And yes most of the algerian players are in france, but that is what happens after 200 years of colonisation.

Anyway goodluck with Kuwait hockey, we will see you in June in Abu Dhabi.

Quote Originally Posted by Steigs View Post
    Perhaps you might be able to give us an update on how Kuwaiti ice hockey is doing, whether a rink has reopened in the country or if there are any plans to open one?
    I have been looking for information about playing hockey in Kuwait and found this.

http://www.world66.com/asia/middleea...ceskatingrinks

If anyone else has more information about ice time there could you please post?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubbz View Post
    I have been looking for information about playing hockey in Kuwait and found this.

http://www.world66.com/asia/middleea...ceskatingrinks

If anyone else has more information about ice time there could you please post?

Thanks.
    Link to the national team:
    http://www.kiht.piczo.com/?cr=4&rfm=y

Update on the Kuwaiti hockey team. Check it out if you are on face book, its not hard to get an account if not.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=22503578157

Andy

IHF Member

Kuwait kuwait

Earlier, Kuwait took third place at Thailandís mini-Asian tournament for Ice-Hockey which concluded Saturday. Head of the Kuwaiti delegation and chairman of the Ice-Hockey committee at Kuwait Olympic Committee Fahad Al-Ajmi told KUNA that team player Mishaal Al-Ajmi was selected as the most outstanding player of the tournament, adding that Kuwait was close to making the final but their loss to Hong Kong prevented the team from advancing. The young team, which earned the respect of rivals, would surely have a bright future if they keep the same spirit and level of performance in upcoming events, said Al-Ajmi. Kuwaiti Ice-Hockey federation was established recently and has over 60 registered players. The team came second in the Arab tournament held in Abu Dhabi last June.

The Arab Cup wasn't a true NT tournament unfortunately....
    Any chance that the IIHF might allow non-members to participate in the Asian Challenge Cup? If so, it might give the Kuweitis a taste of competition and bring them back to the fold (re-instating their membership).

IHF Member
    I know that Kuwait was getting a new coach. Does anybody know any news?

IHF Prospect

Kuwait

Im not sure if this is the place to post this, but we have a U18 B team thats looking to compete with other B teams or such. This team is not the national team. We recently played in Qatar ( March 21 ) and we did great. If anyone knows a B team and wants to have a friendly match please contact me!

IHF Member

Kuwait information

Hi!

Could you help me with an picture of the home and away jersey of the national team?

DO you have the names,logos/symbols of the icehockeyclubs in Kuwiat?
    Is there an website about icehockey in Kuwiat?

News about the Arab Cup in your country?

Greetings,
    Rowan

IHF Member

Kuwait kuwait member of the IIHF

Kuwait is also a candidate to rejoin the International Ice Hockey Federation at the Annual Congress during the 2009 World Championship in Berne.
    Greetings,

Rowan

Quote Originally Posted by S1k0 View Post
    Im not sure if this is the place to post this, but we have a U18 B team thats looking to compete with other B teams or such. This team is not the national team. We recently played in Qatar ( March 21 ) and we did great. If anyone knows a B team and wants to have a friendly match please contact me!

yea send me an email i think we can put something together.

IHF Prospect
    Hi!

Could you help me with an picture of the home and away jersey of the national team?

DO you have the names,logos/symbols of the icehockeyclubs in Kuwiat?
    Is there an website about icehockey in Kuwiat?

News about the Arab Cup in your country?

Greetings,
    Rowan
    Hey,

The kuwait national team colors are blue and white, no website the symbol and logo i don't have atm.

My team name (the one we competed in Qatar with) is Kuwait screaming falcons. No website either and our jerseys are the florida panthers colors with our own symbol. We have a group on facebook kuwait screaming falcons youth hockey. There is an open age team also name Kuwait Moose heads. So if anyone knows any U18 B that would like to compete with the Screaming Falcons please contact me :D!

Also we have nothing to do with the National team or the moose heads we are a separate program.

Thread Information