Results 1 to 39 of 39

Thread: TV/internet in the US?

  1. #1
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tallahassee FL
    Posts
    41

    IIHF TV/internet in the US?

    Does anyone know if there will be TV or internet video streaming for IHWC 2006 in the US?

    Thanks so much!

  2. #2
    IHF Member David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York & Chicago, USA
    Posts
    725
    www.mediazone.com

    last year they had every game.

  3. #3
    IHF Member Karsten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Northern Zealand (in Denmark)
    Posts
    11,637
    The Tamba Bay Lightning icon has nothing to do with the 2006 World Championship. Please be disciplined when using the icons. They are meant to make it easier to navigate, not making it more confusing. :018:

    Also, all issues related to tv coverage of the world championship will be in one thread. This means that this thread will either be re-dubbed or merged. Look out for this.

  4. #4
    IHF Prospect
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    4
    Any idea as to when the thread with "...all issues related to tv coverage of the world championship will be in one thread.." be up?

    I am not a hockey fan - just running a pub who has customers wanting to watch the games but can't find out what channels they might be on.

    The Official IHWC website is a joke and see the reply to the email I sent the IIHF:
    "Hi
    I am trying to find out what TV channels in Europe and UK will be showing the World Championships 2006. The Latvia website "contacts" doesn't work so I'm hoping you can help me.
    Many thanks"

    "It's still TBD.
    IIHF"

    That's it !! from the Media Department!! Not exactly a fountain of information.

    It's only a month away and no news anywhere in the UK/Ireland.
    I have never seen a sport/organization trying so hard to make it difficult to attract new fans. Why is it so badly run?

    Anyone out there with any info on coverage - I'd really appreciate it.

    Cheers

  5. #5
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tallahassee FL
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancan
    The Tamba Bay Lightning icon has nothing to do with the 2006 World Championship. Please be disciplined when using the icons. They are meant to make it easier to navigate, not making it more confusing. :018:

    Also, all issues related to tv coverage of the world championship will be in one thread. This means that this thread will either be re-dubbed or merged. Look out for this.












    Didn't know the rules, but OK.
    Last edited by canadausafan; 19-04-2006 at 21:02.

  6. #6
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048
    MediaZone will not translate the WC this year. I asked them by e-mail. Somebody knows who will instead?

  7. #7
    IHF Prospect
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by aldair1808
    MediaZone will not translate the WC this year. I asked them by e-mail. Somebody knows who will instead?
    Aldair1808
    Looks like we're the only ones trying to find coverage of the games !!??

    Don't understand why no-one know what channels will be showing the games

    Huckleberry

  8. #8
    IHF Member Sakaarnis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Suğursveit, Iceland
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by huckleberry
    Aldair1808
    Looks like we're the only ones trying to find coverage of the games !!??

    Don't understand why no-one know what channels will be showing the games

    Huckleberry
    I think in most countries games will be covered by some local chanels. Like in Latvia TV3 and TV3+ will show all the games.

  9. #9
    IHF Member .Ice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    66
    Your lucky. I live in Canada and want to watch to team Poland games. :090:

  10. #10
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tallahassee FL
    Posts
    41
    re: mediazone last year:

    I know. I watched at least some of all 56 games. It was great. The German and Austrian announcers did an excellent job, too. I wish they would do it this year!

  11. #11
    IHF Member .Ice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    66
    Don't you have to pay for media zone? Is there a place to watch free games?

  12. #12
    IHF Staff Jazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Southern Canada
    Posts
    6,449
    Quote Originally Posted by .Ice
    Your lucky. I live in Canada and want to watch to team Poland games. :090:
    I thought most, if not all, of Polands games would be on TV Polonia, or whatever Polish channel(s) are offered on Digital Cable or Satellite here in Canada.

  13. #13
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048
    Quote Originally Posted by .Ice
    Don't you have to pay for media zone? Is there a place to watch free games?
    As a rule you cannot find free games to watch. It's all because of rights. Only for some taxe. But this season I still can't find anything!

    Most of the our forum members live in "normal" hockey countries where they can watch the games on local TV. As an israeli, even if I have those TV channels on my home satellite TV, such translation as WC games just will be blocked. And we can't see it for free in the internet as well. So, the only way it's to bye. Last year all games pass has costed something like 20$.

  14. #14
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048
    The WC starts in a week and we still don't know who will broadcast the games in the internet. Nobody wants(don't know?) to answer on my mails. Please post here all that you about this stuff. The WC starts in less than 5 days!!

  15. #15
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048
    :(well, now it's clear for 100%. As IIHF answered to me,

    WON'T BE ANY LIVE WEB BROADCASTING OF THE WC THIS YEAR.

    I'm so sad that just can't find the words to describe....F***

  16. #16
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048
    Well, finally I've found the way to see the WC :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands .On
    http://www.russiantvonline.com/
    we can see the RTR-sport channel wich will translate all games. It's costs only 10$ per month.
    But it's all in russian language.

  17. #17
    IHF Prospect
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Laredo
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by aldair1808
    Well, finally I've found the way to see the WC :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands .On
    http://www.russiantvonline.com/
    we can see the RTR-sport channel wich will translate all games. It's costs only 10$ per month.
    But it's all in russian language.


    what program do u use to watch?

  18. #18
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik_Antropov
    what program do u use to watch?
    RealPlayer.

  19. #19
    IHF Prospect
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    6

    Live Audiocast in the USA

    USA vs. Norway, like all others at the the prestigious international tournament, can be heard exclusively in the United States VIA LIVE AUDIOCAST FRIDAY AT 9:15 A.M. EDT.

    http://www.usahockey.com/

  20. #20
    IHF Member bling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    802
    Quote Originally Posted by aldair1808
    Well, finally I've found the way to see the WC :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands .On
    http://www.russiantvonline.com/
    we can see the RTR-sport channel wich will translate all games. It's costs only 10$ per month.
    But it's all in russian language.
    Maybe you can help me to figure out how to find the hockey games?

    I paid the money and all that but I have no idea how to see the games.

  21. #21
    Banned hockeynomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by bling
    Maybe you can help me to figure out how to find the hockey games?

    I paid the money and all that but I have no idea how to see the games.
    There are some instructions here for you diehard fans, check this out fro mthat dreaded ihwc.net

    http://live80.ihwc.net/bbs/read.php?f=1&i=12160&t=12160

  22. #22
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048
    Quote Originally Posted by bling
    Maybe you can help me to figure out how to find the hockey games?

    I paid the money and all that but I have no idea how to see the games.
    First, you can watch USA -Norway LIVE today!

    How we do it? Very easy. In the left top corner you have something like a square named "Прямой эфир:"(LIVE) and there you can see the list of different channels in column. It's all wrote in english. Left to some of them you see the red word online. All you must do - just click on RTR Sport(the first in column). That's it! If your RealPlayer doesn't show the picture - tell me, I'll tell you how to fix it.

  23. #23
    IHF Member bling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    802
    My Real player is telling me I do not have enough bandwidth to stream the games. Do you know where I can determine the minimum bw required?

  24. #24
    IHF Prospect
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Laredo
    Posts
    15
    RTR Sport doesnt show games live does it?

  25. #25
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik_Antropov
    RTR Sport doesnt show games live does it?
    It does show. I have watched Norway - USA today live. I don't understand only why it is boxing there right now when in the program wrote Denmark-Canada...

  26. #26
    IHF Member Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Posts
    563
    Does anyone know where you can watch the highlights of the games online?

    I cant watch the games so I need some sort of fix!!!!!

  27. #27
    IHF Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Does anyone know where you can watch the highlights of the games online?

    I cant watch the games so I need some sort of fix!!!!!
    So it's not on CBC or TSN either? I thought it was only South of the Border that the IHWC was ignored.

  28. #28
    IHF Member Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Posts
    563
    It is on TSN (Canada games), it's just that right now I'm staying somewhere where there is only internet.... so no TV to watch (which I don't mind) execpt during playoffs/world championship

  29. #29
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048
    There is one site that translate RTR-Sport live for FREE! Absolutely! The speed is only 100 Kbps, but still you can see the games good enough.
    For examle,right now it's third period of BLR-SVK there, take a look.

  30. #30
    IHF Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1
    Does anyone know if i can watch the Finland-Latvia Game on that russian website?

  31. #31
    IHF Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3

    Russian TVlive.. quality??

    I'm pretty close to siging up for this russian Live Tv thing to see the games but can anyone give me an idea of what the quality is like? I've seen hockey highlights on the net before and it was always patchy at best so i'm ot sure if its worth it or not

    all help is appreciated


    STM


    on another not its about time canada started to blood the kids as the olympics were a total joke

  32. #32
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048
    Quote Originally Posted by niko5033
    Does anyone know if i can watch the Finland-Latvia Game on that russian website?
    You still can see recorded game there.

  33. #33
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048
    Quote Originally Posted by scottytheman
    I'm pretty close to siging up for this russian Live Tv thing to see the games but can anyone give me an idea of what the quality is like? I've seen hockey highlights on the net before and it was always patchy at best so i'm ot sure if its worth it or not

    all help is appreciated


    STM


    on another not its about time canada started to blood the kids as the olympics were a total joke
    The quality is high enough. They translate it with 500Kbps speed. You easy can see the titles and the puck.

  34. #34
    IHF Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3
    Sweet, its not as good as going to the pub to watch it but its better than nothing


    cheers for that

  35. #35
    IHF Staff Davide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Manaus, Brazil
    Posts
    14,069
    Quote Originally Posted by aldair1808
    There is one site that translate RTR-Sport live for FREE! Absolutely! The speed is only 100 Kbps, but still you can see the games good enough.
    For examle,right now it's third period of BLR-SVK there, take a look.
    Link?

  36. #36
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tallahassee FL
    Posts
    41
    :002: Apparently many have found it easier to have a whole separate thread on this rather than to sift through 189 posts in the main thread.

  37. #37
    IHF Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3
    i thought this was the main thread :drinker-g

  38. #38
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Québecois
    Link?
    Oops! I forgot to post it by mistake :o

    http://www.corbina.tv/

    i the left column of the channels list click on second from the bottom:СПОРТ

    Now it's BLR-RUS there

  39. #39
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tallahassee FL
    Posts
    41
    Decent quality! Better than mediazone. But right now they unfortunately aren't showing it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •