Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Slovak National Team 1940-43

  1. #1
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Buccinasco, Italy
    Posts
    67

    Slovakia Slovak National Team 1940-43

    From szlh.sk I read this information:


    After the disintegration of Czechoslovakia in 1938 and during the time of establishment of Separate Slovak State the Slovenská župa kanadského hokeja changed to the Slovak Ice Hockey Federation and the first Slovak National Team resulted from that change. The Slovak representation selects played 10 international games with the balance of 3 wins, 2 ties and 5 losts in period between 1940-1943. In country under the High Tatras ice hockey was generally enjoyed by public, particularly where the natural conditions were suitable. Banská Bystrica, for example, was one of such towns and had the largest number of players representing Slovakia




    In my researches I found that the Slovak National team played at the International Tournament of Garmisch in 1940. In Italy that National Team was knew as Protectorate Bohemian Moravian
    here you are the boxscore:

    Protectorate Bohemian Moravian – Italy 5-0 (1-0; 1-0; 3-0)
    Protectorate Bohemian-Moravian: Bohumil Modry – Frantisek Pacalt – Vilibald Stovik – Oldrich Kucera – Josef Malecek – Ladislav Trojak – Frantisek Pergl – Jaroslav Drobny – Viktor Lonsmin
    Italy: Augusto Gerosa – Carlo De Mazzeri – Franco Rossi – Aldo Federici – Luigi Venosta – Arnaldo Fabris – Camillo Mussi – Dino Innocenti – Egidio Bruciamonti – Luigi Bestagini
    Referees:
    Scores: 10’ pt own-goal Augusto Gerosa (1-0); 3’ st Josef Malecek (2-0); tt Jaroslav Drobny (3-0?); tt Josef Malecek (4-0?); tt (5-0)


    I wonder which were the other nine matches that this National Team played and which were the players.
    Is there anyone can resolve my curiosity?
    Thanks in advance

    Tony

  2. #2
    Banned STOLBUN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by Atahualpa
    From szlh.sk I read this information:


    After the disintegration of Czechoslovakia in 1938 and during the time of establishment of Separate Slovak State the Slovenská župa kanadského hokeja changed to the Slovak Ice Hockey Federation and the first Slovak National Team resulted from that change. The Slovak representation selects played 10 international games with the balance of 3 wins, 2 ties and 5 losts in period between 1940-1943. In country under the High Tatras ice hockey was generally enjoyed by public, particularly where the natural conditions were suitable. Banská Bystrica, for example, was one of such towns and had the largest number of players representing Slovakia




    In my researches I found that the Slovak National team played at the International Tournament of Garmisch in 1940. In Italy that National Team was knew as Protectorate Bohemian Moravian
    here you are the boxscore:

    Protectorate Bohemian Moravian – Italy 5-0 (1-0; 1-0; 3-0)
    Protectorate Bohemian-Moravian: Bohumil Modry – Frantisek Pacalt – Vilibald Stovik – Oldrich Kucera – Josef Malecek – Ladislav Trojak – Frantisek Pergl – Jaroslav Drobny – Viktor Lonsmin
    Italy: Augusto Gerosa – Carlo De Mazzeri – Franco Rossi – Aldo Federici – Luigi Venosta – Arnaldo Fabris – Camillo Mussi – Dino Innocenti – Egidio Bruciamonti – Luigi Bestagini
    Referees:
    Scores: 10’ pt own-goal Augusto Gerosa (1-0); 3’ st Josef Malecek (2-0); tt Jaroslav Drobny (3-0?); tt Josef Malecek (4-0?); tt (5-0)


    I wonder which were the other nine matches that this National Team played and which were the players.
    Is there anyone can resolve my curiosity?
    Thanks in advance

    Tony
    1941. Zagreb:Croatia-Slovakia 1:6

  3. #3
    IHF Member Shardik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oulu/Raahe, Finland
    Posts
    4,651
    Atahualpa, check out this site: http://www.hockeyarchives.info/inter1940.htm

    It seems there were separate teams for Bohemia/Moravia and Slovakia in the tournament.

    Click La saison suivante (1940/41) to see the next season. Slovakia has some games there too, and in 41-42 also.
    "Lord Baelish, what you suggest is treason."
    "Only if we lose."

    A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin

  4. #4
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048
    As far as I know, former Bohemia relates more to the modern Czech Republic and Moravia - to Slovakia. So, "Protectorate Bohemian Moravian " team is something like Czechoslovakia? :scratchhe

  5. #5
    IHF Prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hradec Králové
    Posts
    24

    Czechoslovak history

    Quote Originally Posted by aldair1808
    As far as I know, former Bohemia relates more to the modern Czech Republic and Moravia - to Slovakia. So, "Protectorate Bohemian Moravian " team is something like Czechoslovakia? :scratchhe
    Czech Republic = Czech territory(Bohemia) + Moravia
    "Protectorate Bohemian Moravian " was from March 1939 Germany enemy-occupied :013: Czech and Moravian part partion Czechoslovakia.
    Part Czech territory with most of German population belong to directly below German empire, without Czech "autonomy".

    Czechoslovakia (1918 - 1938) = Bohemia + Moravia + Slovakia + small portion Ukraine
    Last edited by Maxipes Fík; 19-05-2006 at 20:49.

  6. #6
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Buccinasco, Italy
    Posts
    67
    Sorry, I was wrong to post the match. I made a little bit of confusion. :stupid:
    Both National Team played in the same tournament. I'm not sure that the players surname are right. In the newspapers of '40 they were written approximately
    here you are the right box scores.




    Garmisch Partenkirchen – 03/02/1940

    Italy – Slovakia 3-1 (0-0; 1-0; 2-1)

    Italy: Augusto Gerosa – Carlo De Mazzeri – Franco Rossi – Camillo Mussi – Dino Innocenti – Egidio Bruciamonti – Aldo Federici – Luigi Venosta – Arnaldo Fabris – Luigi Bestagini

    Slovakia: Dibarbora – Štefan Demko – Okolicsanyi – Martin Stolc – František Javúrek – Srnka – Bartosek – Bihary – Anton Luther – Rudolf Tomasek

    Referees:

    Scores: 14’ st Dino Innocenti (1-0); tt Anton Luther (1-1): 11’ tt Dino Innocenti (2-1); 12’ tt Dino Innocenti (3-1)



    Thanks to Maxipes for his informations about geography and history of Czechoslovakia :023:
    My question is always the same: which were the other nine matches that this National Team played and which were the players?

  7. #7
    IHF Member Shardik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oulu/Raahe, Finland
    Posts
    4,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Atahualpa
    My question is always the same: which were the other nine matches that this National Team played and which were the players?
    From Marc's Archives (Season 39-40 and on):

    01.02.1939 Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Bohemia and Moravia - Slovakia 12-0 (5-0,4-0,3-0)
    02.04.1939 Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Italy - Slovakia 3-1 (0-0,1-0,2-1)
    05.01.1941 ???, Slovakia - Romania 2-3
    18.01.1941 Bucarest, Slovakia - Yugoslavia 4-1
    ??.??.1941 Brastislava, Slovakia - Romania 1-1
    ??.??.1941 ??? Slovakia - Croatia 6-1
    19.02.1941 Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany - Slovakia 3-2 (1-0,0-0,2-2)
    20.02.1941 Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Hungary - Slovakia 6-0 (4-0,1-0,1-0)
    19.02.1942 Presov, Slovakia - Germany 2-10

    Total of 9 games, Marc doesn't have rosters on his site though.
    "Lord Baelish, what you suggest is treason."
    "Only if we lose."

    A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin

  8. #8
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Berikon, Switzerland
    Posts
    2,718
    I found some more scores from former Slovakia...

    1940 Friendshipgame: ? Slovakia vs Romania 3 - 0
    22. Feb 47 Friendshipgame ?, Slovakiavs USA 7 - 6
    22. Feb 48 Friendshipgame: ?, Slovakia vs Canada 2 - 3
    25. Jan 49 Friendshipgame ?, Slovakia vs USA 4 - 6
    22. Feb 49 Friendshipgame: ?, Slovakia vs Canada 4 - 6
    31. Aug 70 Friendshipgame Bratislava, Slovakia vs Sweden 5 - 4
    Cheers, Franco

  9. #9
    IHF Prospect marijo19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kremnica, Slovakia
    Posts
    25

    Slovakia Slovakia games 1940 -1993

    Slovakia (Separate Slovak State) - official games 1940 – 1943
    1 1.2.1940 Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Slovakia - Bohemia and Moravia 0:12 International Winter Week
    2 2.2.1940 Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Slovakia – Italy 1:3 International Winter Week
    3 16.1.1941 Bucarest, Slovakia – Romania 3:0 Tournament fours
    4 17.1.1941 Bucarest, Slovakia – Yugoslavia 4:1 Tournament fours
    5 9.2.1941 Bratislava, Slovakia – Croatia 6:1 Friendshipgame
    6 19.2.1941 Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Slovakia – Germany 2:3 International Winter Week
    7 20.2.1941 Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Slovakia – Hungary 0:6 International Winter Week
    8 21.1.1942 Bratislava, Slovakia – Romania 1:1 Friendshipgame
    9 19.2.1942 Bratislava, Slovakia – Germany 2:10 Friendshipgame
    10 14.2.1943 Lenzerheide, Slovakia – Switzerland 1:1 Friendshipgame

    Slovakia (during Czechoslovakia) – (un)official games 1946 – 1993
    1 27.2.1947 Bratislava, Slovakia – USA 7:6 Friendshipgame
    2 22.2.1948 Bratislava, Slovakia – Canada 2:3 Friendshipgame
    3 29.1.1949 Bratislava, Slovakia – USA 4:6 Friendshipgame
    4 28.2.1949 Bratislava, Slovakia – Canada 4:6 Friendshipgame
    5 27.12.1990 Megéve, Slovakia – France 4:2 Mont-Blanc tournament
    6 28.12.1990 Chamonix, Slovakia – Switzerland 7:3 Mont-Blanc tournament
    Last edited by marijo19; 26-08-2008 at 09:32.

  10. #10
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Berikon, Switzerland
    Posts
    2,718
    Quote Originally Posted by marijo19 View Post
    Slovakia (Separate Slovak State) - official games 1940 – 1943
    1 1.2.1940 Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Slovakia - Bohemia and Moravia 0:12 International Winter Week
    2 2.2.1940 Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Slovakia – Italy 1:3 International Winter Week
    3 16.1.1941 Bucarest, Slovakia – Romania 3:0 Tournament fours
    4 17.1.1941 Bucarest, Slovakia – Yugoslavia 4:1 Tournament fours
    5 9.2.1941 Bratislava, Slovakia – Croatia 6:1 Friendshipgame
    6 19.2.1941 Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Slovakia – Germany 2:3 International Winter Week
    7 20.2.1941 Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Slovakia – Hungary 0:6 International Winter Week
    8 21.1.1942 Bratislava, Slovakia – Romania 1:1 Friendshipgame
    9 19.2.1942 Bratislava, Slovakia – Germany 2:10 Friendshipgame
    10 14.2.1943 Lenzerheide, Slovakia – Switzerland 1:1 Friendshipgame

    Slovakia (during Czechoslovakia) – (un)official games 1946 – 1993
    1 27.2.1947 Bratislava, Slovakia – USA 7:6 Friendshipgame
    2 22.2.1948 Bratislava, Slovakia – Canada 2:3 Friendshipgame
    3 29.1.1949 Bratislava, Slovakia – USA 4:6 Friendshipgame
    4 28.2.1949 Bratislava, Slovakia – CAN 4:6 Friendshipgame
    5 27.12.1990 Megéve, Slovakia – France 4:2 Mont-Blanc tournament
    6 28.12.1990 Chamonix, Slovakia – Switzerland 7:3 Mont-Blanc tournament
    thanks for posting Marijo. Now, I could complete my stats about SVK Senior National Team. Only one small mistake.

    The last games from 28.12.90 vs Switzerland was officialy Switzerland "B"
    Cheers, Franco

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •