Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Centennial Hockey Website

IHF Member
    Hello Worm69!

These pool D stats 1989 stats (including Romania and Spain) originate from a Russian friend of mine. But like I always point out on the site, The Centennial Site is not an unmistakable site. So, if anyone wants to add and correct something, a pm or an e-mail is welcome!

All the best
    Jukka

IHF Member
    Hello you all!

I've updated some goalscoring info from the early 1970s pool C!

All the best
    Jukka

IHF Prospect
    Thanks for the update jukka
    Sign up today on world's famous hockey social network and share your sports life with your favorite sports partner.

IHF Member
    Hello you all!

A week or two ago I found out about 101 percent of LIHG/IIHF hockey between 1910-2010 of that information, that i have been looking for ever since 1996.

Still, any additions to the missing scoring stats to this period and especially afterwards are mot welcome and everyone knowing about them can pm me or inform me on this thread.

And now to the main point of this post: I have prepared a speech for this occasion. Any German speaking and French/Franco-Canadien speaking are most welcome to pm me to assist with the translation!

All the best
    Jukka

IHF Member
    Hello you all!

I thought, that the European Championship scoring stats need a slight addition about the sources.

Thank you, Bobby Orr.

All the best
    Jukka

IHF Member
    Jukka,

do you know, that at the D-Pool 1989 in Belgium, every Team (except Spain) has one cancelled score (no Forfeit.....)?? Since the IIHF never "outed", what is now the correct score, there is also here a small confusion. I believe, the original stats includes all goalscorers - it doesn't matter, if "new score" or not...

Example:

16.03.89 NZL vs GBR 0:26

but....

"one player of each team failed the Doping Test - therefore the score was cancelled. New Score 0:0"....... I believe, I found this in the former Media Release from the IIHF. And maybe it is official.... but not 100% sure...

So, in my opinion, the golascorers from GBR should not count in the official playerstats....

The same is for almost every other team the same....except Spain...

If you're interested, I can send you the official stats from Belgium. They're only 10 or 12 pages... (gamesheets) but no more.....By the way, that was my first travel to a WC....

The other Forfeit is the following game:

16.03.89 ROM vs BEL 8:3
    "One Player of each Team failed the Doping Test - therefore the score was cancelled. New Score 0:0"
    Cheers, Franco

IHF Prospect
    Hello! My name is Mikhail, at forum - Cpt Chief. At Russian hockey forum I have laid out (from the Czech sources, see http://statforum.5-games.ru/viewtopic.php? f=110&t=592#p4001) materials on the European championship - 1911. There is a question: on your site at Bohemia - 16 goals, and where 4 goals?
    I have an interesting offer. Hockey statistics of different countries wish to find for the information on early years of hockey, reading old newspapers. It turns out, that the same newspaper in information searches will be looked through by many - many peoples. A lot of time, and result that already someone has opened this information to you will be spent.
    It is necessary to create Bank of sources of the hockey information from the different countries of the world. It will be a site or a forum on which it will be possible to spread cuttings from the newspapers, devoted to hockey. At us at a forum I create such Bank devoted to history of hockey in the USSR (see http://statforum.5-games.ru/viewtopic.php? f=10&t=440 and others).

IHF Member
    Hello Cpt Chief!

All right, thank you for spotting the thing of 1911 Bohemia; the goals are from the site mentioned on the sources (that is the czech OHF site), but for some reason the Jarkovsky part was unwritten!

I have visited the stat forum sites and found them interesting. Especially the Russian hockey history section. However, as these discussions have showed, the 1910s is the most difficult one statswise.

All the best
    Jukka

IHF Member

annuled games

Dear Franco.
    It is not the first ocassion, than result of game was annuled. Finland - Czechoslovakia & Poland - Sweden in 1974 are the most known and all games of Armenia in 2010 - the most recent. But, to my opinion, we not only should - we have to count all data of such games in our statistic forms. Players were played, tried to win, and it is not there guilt that in some time result of game was annuled.
    And meantime, do you have some stats from that championship? I'll be very thankful for any piece of information.

IHF Member
    Dear Jukka.

Today I've finished to process protokols from WM-1965 Group B situated at russian hockey forum and want to say that you may be operated with the same wrong protokols. The main problems are games POL-HUN & GBR-AUT. In first one as a goal scorer of last hungarian goal is mentioned Fonfara (Poland)/ In another one - the both, goal scorer and assist, of first british goal are mentioned Erhart and Schager.
    As result - on your site are goalscorers of only 23 british goals instead of 24.
    This championship took place in Finland and may you have possibility to clarify situation/

With best regards
    Serguey

IHF Member
    serg58,

well, in my opinion it is quite different, if a game was just "annulled" (new score: 0:0, with zero points for both Teams), or if there is a "forfeit" (5:0 win for one Team and two points).

If the new score is 0:0, zero points for both Team's (as for two games by the WC 1989, Pool D), here I do agree, we should calculate the official statistics, what mean's, add all goalscorers, assistants and all PIM's each player, plus the GK stats.

But, if a game is later evaluated as a "forfeit", I do not agree. -----> see Armenia 2010. First, how we should calculate all the stats from Armenia? No gamesheet was ever published, nor the "official" Teamroster with all the American/Armenian. Armenia lost all games by forfeit, and this are now the official scores. Here I do not see any reason, why we have to add the full playerstats (with player, which were never allowed to play). Why a illegal player should keep his statistics?

The same was by the "1987 Asian/Oceanic U18 Championship" with DPR Korea. They used too old players, so, the lost later all games by forfeit. Why I should add all this DPR-Korea players in my Database?

You are looking for the stats from Armenia 2010? I can send you, what I've collected. Just send me a PM with your private e-mail address, that I can forward to you my Excel-Sheet (but with no gamesheets. You can find some infos here: http://www.iihf.com/channels0910/wm-...tatistics.html
    Cheers, Franco

IHF Member
    Dear Franco!

I agree that we have to divide two concepts. Let’s consider 1996 year.
    In qualification Greece played two games vs Israel 4-1 and vs Turkey 19-0. For some reasons in some times Greece was disqulified and both games were annuled. As beneficiary Israel was included in Pool D after two games were played – as a result Bulgaria – Israel and Lithuania – Israel were awarded 5-0 by forfeit. To my opinion, this two cases have a great difference.
    In case of Armenia, as in case of Greece, games were played, scored and so on. Illegibility of players is another question.
    We will continue our discussion by private messages. My mail is s_shklyar@mail.ru.
    I will very wait your post.

Serguey

IHF Member
    Hello you all!

I've updated pool D 1989.

All the best
    Jukka

IHF Member
    Hello you all!

Have A Grand Easter. The Netherlands scores of 1955 contain some new information!

All the best
    Jukka

IHF Member
    Hello you all!

The Bulgarian 1963 scores are updated and more accurate now!

All the best
    Jukka

IHF Member
    Hello you all!

Another more updated and accurate scoring stat for Bulgaria from 1976!

All the best
    Jukka

IHF Member
    Hello you all!

And now an updated and more accurate Bulgaria scoring stat from 1977!

All the best
    Jukka

IHF Member
    Hello you all!

I wish everyone a Grand Hockey year 2013 and I have updated the scoring stats of Bulgaria from 1978, 1979 and 1983.

All the best
    Jukka

IHF Member
    Hello you all!

I have some updated info of pool C 1987!

All the best
    Jukka

IHF Member
    I just noticed this post today.As a note of correction, the Bulgaria - Israel and Lithuania - israel games were actually played. On March 25, Bulgaria and israel played to a 3-3 tie, and on March 26, Lithuania defeated Israel 7-2. Israel apparently used an ineligible player in those two games, so both games were forfeited, with Belgium and Lithuania given credit for 5-0 forfiet wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by serg58 View Post
    Dear Franco!

I agree that we have to divide two concepts. Let’s consider 1996 year.
    In qualification Greece played two games vs Israel 4-1 and vs Turkey 19-0. For some reasons in some times Greece was disqulified and both games were annuled. As beneficiary Israel was included in Pool D after two games were played – as a result Bulgaria – Israel and Lithuania – Israel were awarded 5-0 by forfeit. To my opinion, this two cases have a great difference.
    In case of Armenia, as in case of Greece, games were played, scored and so on. Illegibility of players is another question.
    We will continue our discussion by private messages. My mail is s_shklyar@mail.ru.
    I will very wait your post.

Serguey

IHF Member
    Hello you all!

I have updated pool C WC from 1972. The scores are based on the LIHG sheets and any possible mistakes are there because of my too careless typing.

All the best
    Jukka

IHF Member
    Hello you all!

The 1986 pool C is updated. A special apology for the earlier inaccuracies of the Bulgarian scores.

All the best
    Jukka

IHF Member
    Dear Archiver! Have you any statistics from these two annuled games of Israel?

IHF Member
    BULGARIA - ISRAEL 3:3 (0:0, 0:2, 3:1)

25 March 1996
    Game 1 at Elektrenai
    Start: 15:00 End: 17:10

Ref: Gintautes Kuneikis (Lithuania)
    Lines: David May (South Africa), Miroslav Drozdik (Yugoslavia)

GOALS:

26:16 ISR E. Feldman (D. Mizrahi, A. Avital) *PPG
    32:28 ISR A. Avital (unassisted)
    42:26 BUL Datev (Giurov)
    50:55 ISR R. Oz (E. Feldman)
    55:26 BUL Datev (Terziev)
    57:14 BUL Havov (Datev)

PENALTIES:

04:53 ISR A. Flikerski (2-cross check)
    05:27 BUL Stumbov (2-board)
    09:49 ISR S. Gudzik (2-trip)
    11:31 ISR J. Yarkony (2-cross check)
    13:49 ISR A. Avital (2-rough)
    23:40 BUL Bench (2-too many men/ice) *sby Stefanov
    25:10 BUL Stumbov (2-cross check)
    37:51 BUL Aleksandrov (2-slash)
    39:54 BUL Datev (2-cross check)
    39:54 ISR S. Matin (2-hi stick)
    42:45 ISR O. Agapov (2-hold)
    42:45 ISR O. Agapov (5-slash)
    42:45 ISR O. Agapov (20-game misconduct)
    49:14 BUL Terziev (2-trip)
    49:54 ISR O. Or-Gil (2-cross check)

Best Players of Game:
    BUL 14 Datev
    ISR 30 Evgeny Gusin

Goalies:
    BUL Mihailov 60.00 3 ga
    ISR Gusin 60.00 3 ga

----------------------------------------------

LITHUANIA - ISRAEL 7:2 (0:0, 4:1, 3:1)

26 March 1996
    Game 7 at Elektrenai
    Start: 19:00 End: 21:30

Ref: Josef Hausle (Austria)
    Lines: Anastas Todorov (Bulgaria), David May (South Africa)

GOALS:
    21:23 LIT A. Simankov (unassisted)
    27:25 LIT D. Bauba (unassisted) *PPG
    30:16 ISR D. Mizrahi (unassisted)
    35:48 LIT V. Skadauskas (V. Jakuta)
    36:25 LIT D. Zevelskis (J. Merkutov)
    45:11 LIT J. Merkutov (D. Bauba) *PPG
    49:33 LIT S. Limontas (A. Simankov)
    50:35 ISR E. Feldman (A. Avital)
    54:01 LIT D. Bauba (unassisted)

PENALTIES:
    02:10 LIT D. Zevelskis (2-hi stick)
    09:04 LIT D. Bauba (2-rough)
    09:04 ISR J. Yarkony (2-rough)
    09:43 LIT G. Arcabas (2-cross check)
    09:43 ISR R. Oz (2-rough)
    11:33 LIT D. Bauba (2-rough + 2-rough)
    11:33 ISR J. Yarkony (2-rough)
    13:25 LIT J. Merkutov (2-charge)
    13:25 ISR D. Mizrahi (2-cross check)
    15:50 ISR A. Stolyar (2-rough)
    27:15 ISR A. Flikerski (2-cross check)
    31:29 LIT D. Rimkus (10-misconduct)
    33:39 ISR S. Frydberg (2-interference)
    39:13 LIT E. Bauba (2-cross check)
    40:33 LIT D. Bauba (2-hook)
    44:12 ISR J. Yarkony (2-trip)
    50:42 LIT V. Skadauskas (2-rough + 2-rough)
    50:42 ISR A. Flikerski (2-charge)
    54:32 ISR E. Feldman (2-slash)

Best Players of Game:
    LIT 15 A. Simankov
    ISR 25 D. Mizrahi

Goalies:
    LIT Parazinskas 60.00 2 ga
    ISR Gusin 40.00 4 ga
    ISR Amromin 20.00 3 ga

IHF Member
    Thank you very much

IHF Member
    Hello you all!

The 1985 scores with China and Bulgaria are updated. The source seems to be a copy of an official team sheet. But I have my doubts about mistakes with mr. Ralenkov (Bul) and mr. Xing (Chi). So, any corrections to their stats can be pm:ed to me.

All the best
    Jukka

IHF Member
    Hello you all!

The Bulgarian scores of 1967, 1974, 1975 and 1981 are updated!

All the best
    Jukka

IHF Member
    Hello,my name is James Laverance and I would like to share some info on the evolution of ice hockey.I've researched both Canadian and American perspective's.

From frozen ponds to the present indoor game ,hockey has really been an evolution and tapestry of different elements which can't be traced to one specific time or period.Through out it's history though,are some very interesting accounts of information and dates which have helped develop the game into what it is today.

Birthplace of early hockey games began on long pond Windsor,Nova Scotia around 1800.Where students from Kings college began playing an ice version of the Irish game Hurley.From there different stick-ball games were developing.Like ice bandy,wicket,break shins,ice lacrosse,shinny,rugby,etc.

The first hockey stick called the William Dilly Moffatt stick was carved around 1838 in Cape Breton Nova Scotia. Made by a Mi'kmaq native Indian.

The modern skates were invented by EV Bushnell of Philadelphia in 1848.

While playing in the Windsor-Halifax-Dartmouth area the Mi'kmaq people provided wooden pucks cut from tree branches in 1860.

The first indoor and semi-organized game was played with 9 players per side in the Victoria skating rink Montreal on March 3rd,1875.Organized by James Creighton using previous Halifax rules.

The number of players were reduced to 7 in 1883 at the Montreal Winter Carnival. Positions were now named.Goalkeeper,Point,Cover point,Rover,Left wing,Right wing,Center.

Skating rinks.First natural indoor ice rink was the Quebec Skating Rink 1851,1852.First indoor rink in the US was the Great Chicago Skating Rink in 1860.

The first artificial indoor skating rink was built by William Newton in New York City using Matthew Bujac's method of ice-making built in 1870.

First international match.In 1886 Burlington Vermont held a winter carnival and Montreal sent 2 teams to form a 3 team tournament.A local team called the Van Ness House Club from Vermont played The Montreal HC in first ever match between to countries.Montreal won 3-0.

Other sorts of leagues and scheduled games were being organized around this time.Actually later in 1886 the Amateur Hockey Association was formed in Montreal.Making it the first organized hockey league in Canada.

The first professional league was organized in Portage,Michigan in 1904 called the International Professional Hockey League.Local business man James Dee and Canadian dentist Doc Gibson formed a five team league.

Earliest known arrival of game in the USA was 1856.It shows that st.pauls high school in Concord New Hampshire opened that year.They were playing shinny to ice field hockey to ice polo.James Conover a schoolmaster there visited Montreal in 1880 discovered the modern rules and brought back sticks, pucks,and rules.

Early 6 on 6 version of game was played at Washington Park Brooklyn in 1908.The Brooklyn Crescents beat Yale 4-1.

Hockey net.1890-91 first goal nets were invented from ice polo at Storrs Agricultural School now Uconn.Early goalie like pads were worn same time there.

Helmet was first worn by Frank Goheen from Minnesota in the late 1910's early 1920's.

Modern goalie pads worn at Duluth central high school in 1903-04.Maybe earlier there.

The goalie trapper was invented out of a baseball mitt by Mike Karakas from Minnesota in the late 1930's.

Blocker invention Lorne Chabot from Canada 1920's.

Early hockey pants were worn in 1896-97 at Detroit Medical College.

1959 Jacques Plante invents full face mask.

Harvard.
    Harvard has had a rich history to the development of the game.In 1911-12 coach Alfred Winsor would change the defense positions. Instead of having one in front of the other, he switched to a parallel formation.Called the Winsor System.

In 1923 coach William Claflin and George Owen invents the full 3 man line change.

These are just some accounts and data on early hockey evolution.Thanks
    Last edited by jamesdylanlaverance; 09-03-2013 at 10:43.

IHF Member
    Hello jamesdylanlaverance!

Thank you for the information.

Because there are people in North-America sharing the same kind of information as you, I have focused on the IIHF/LIHG side.

After I started collecting information in 1996 and started the website in 2006, I have noticed the following thing, though:

You never know enough and there is information and "information".

OK, welcome anyway!

All the best
    Jukka

IHF Member
    Hello you all!

I have added full goalscoring stats of the 1956 alternative world championship tournament!

All the best
    Jukka

IHF Member
    Hello you all!

I have become interested about the players of non-British-Franco-origin in the Canadian teams between 1920-1963. Here is a list about some. I know there has been - for example - some Italians after the first one, but I have only mentioned the debutant. Any enlightment to the guesses and possible mistakes is most welcome. Not to mention additions:

1920: Icelandic players, 1928: Mueller (German), 1932: Lindqvist (Swedish), 1935: Yellowless (possibly, but unlikely a native-north-American), 1936: Pudas (coach), Saxberg, Milton (Finnish players), 1937: Kozak (Polish?), 1938: Silverman (Jewish manager), 1939: Scodellaro (Italian), Kowcinak (Slovak?), 1950: Christiansen (Danish manager), 1951: Siray (Hungarian), Malacko (Russian?), Rimstad (Norwegian?), 1955: Shebaga (Armenian?), 1958: Bonello (Maltese), 1959: Smerke (Serbian).

OK, any additional info will be gratefully appreciated!

All the best
    Jukka

IHF Member
    Hello you all!

Some updated info about the weather conditions of the game Canada vs. Austria before the WC final!

All the best
    Jukka

IHF Member
    Hello you all!

Some new info about Team Canada 1932 for Christmas! :)

All the best
    Jukka

IHF Member
    Hello you all!

Sorry for all the difficulties with the site. I will change the address as soon as possible.

Wish you all the best
    Jukka

IHF Member
    Hello you all!

From now on the address will be:

http://www.centennialhockey.comlu.com/

All the best
    Jukka

Bookmarked!
    "By Soviet standards I'd always been considered an offensive centerman. Phil Esposito and Bobby Clarke forced me to play a more defensive style. The experience made me a better all around player," -Vladimir Petrov commenting after the 1972 Summit Series

MY BASKETBALL RESEARCH WEBSITE:
    http://92mensolympicbball.webs.com

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2015 QUALIFYING STATISTICS:
    http://www.freewebs.com/rugbystats/RWC2015Q.xlsx

IHF Member
    Hello you all!

I am presenting some photos from my Canada trip, in memory of my sister, Anu Suvi Helmilä (1951-2013).

All the best
    Jukka

IHF Member
    Hello you all!

I have added complete stats of pool B 1952!

All the best
    Jukka

IHF Member
    Hello you all!

A new piece of information to the European Championship presentation 1921 Stockholm from Folkhemmet på is by Tobias Stark!

All the best
    jukka

IHF Member
    Jukka,
    some complete names of the Dutch and Dutch-Canadian players.

1970 Stockholm:
    Netherlands: Joe Simons 4, Ron Gentis 4, Rudy Bakker 3, Wil van Dommelen 2, Paul Rushe 2, Ad de Kok 1.

1971 Berne, Geneva:
    Netherlands: Joe Simons 10, Jos Bles 4, Rob Hagendoorn 3, R.Koekkoek 3, Hans Christiaans 2, Wil Ooms 2, J. Wijlemans 2, Ben Roomer 1, Mario van Veghel 1, Rudy Bakker 1, Ton de Groot 1, Bob Smulders 1, Ron Gentis 1.

1972 Prague: (was not that in Saporro??)
    Netherlands: Jack de Heer 5+2, Mario van Veghel 1+2, Ron Krikke 1+1, Rob Hagendoorn 1+1, Gerry Schaffer 1+1, J. Wijlemans 1+0, Hans Christiaans 1+0, Huub van Dun 1+0, Klaas Van Den Broek 1+0, Joost Burgers 0+1, Ben Roomer 0+1, Henry Frenken 0+1.

1973 Moscow: (???)
    The Netherlands: Corky de Graauw 13+9, Joe Simons 11, Jack de Heer 7, Henry Hunting 7, John MacDonald 4, Leo Koopmans 4, Hans Christiaans 2, Larry van Wieren 2, Frank van Soldt 1, Ron Knikke 1.

1974 Helsinki: (???)
    The Netherlands: Dirk Decloe 10+4, Henry Hunting 5+4, Joe Simons 5+2, Jack de Heer 2+7, Dick Jellema 2+2, Leo Koopmans 2+0, Paul Burger 1+2, Corky de Graauw 1+2, Henk Brand 1+1, Gerry Schaefer 1+1, Larry van Wieren 1+1, John MacDonald 1+0, Guus Bakker 1+0, Hans Christiaans 0+2.

IHF Member
    Hello Dutchie!

I am on a sort of vacation in my home region now, but I will make the updates in time!

All the best
    jukka

IHF Member
    Hello you all!

The Dutchie's new information is now on the site. And any additions to the scoring stats is most welcome. Especially with the " missing" links.

All the best
    jukka

IHF Member
    Jukka,
    some other info : complete names of the Belgian and Dutch players.

The author's scores 1920-1969

1939 Basle, Zürich:
    The Netherlands: Martin Lammerts 2, Huib Du Pon 1.
    Belgium: Pierre Van Reysschoot 1, Poeman 2.

1949 Stockholm:
    Belgium: Raymond Lombard 3, Jules Dupre 3, Hubert Anciaux 2, Roger Beck 1, Georges Hartmeyer 2, Leon van Eeckhout 1, Robert Waldschmitt 1.

1950 London:
    Belgium: Andre Elsen 1, Gentil Notterman 2, Andre Waldschmitt 3, Georges Hartmeyer 1, Jimmy Graeffe 2, Robert Waldschmitt 2, Jacques Moris 2.
    Netherlands: Fons De Laat 1, Piet Van Heeswijk 2, Cor Schwencke 1, Dolf Overakker 2, Jacques Feenstra 1.

1951 Paris:
    The Netherlands: Arie Klein 2, Cor Schwencke 5, Piet van Heeswijk 2, Jacques Feenstra 1, Hein Snoeck 1, Dolf Overakker 2, Neel Fischer 1, Nico Kremers 1, Rijk Loek 1, Fons Rutten 1.
    Belgium: Andre Waldschmidt 4, Jules Dupre 4, Jacques Moris 2, Robert Waldschmitt 1, Gentil Notterman 1, Andre Elsen 1, Yvon Berger 1, Jeff Lekens 1, Georges Hartmeyer 1, Albert Willeur 2, Jimmy Graeffe 1, Albert Dupre 1.

1952 Oslo:
    The Netherlands: Rijk Loek 4, Dummy Smit 1, Jacques Feenstra 3, Piet Bierenbroodspot 2, Meg De Jongh 2, Hein Snoeck 2, Egon von den Baumen 1, Cor Schwencke 1, Dolf Overakker 3.
    Belgium: Jules Dupre 6, Hubert Anciaux 5, Jacques Moris 4, Robert Waldschmidt 1, Constant Delarge 1, Tony Delrez 1, Jeff Lekens 1, Yvon Berger 1.

1953 Zürich, Basle:
    The Netherlands: Jacques Feenstra 2, Rijk Loek 1+1, Dolf Overakker 2+0, Dummy Smit 1+2, Cor Schwenke 1, Arie Klein 0+1.

1955 Dusseldorf:
    The Netherlands: Jacques Feenstra 1, Dummy Smit 2, Leo van Dijk 2, Piet van Heeswijk 1, Arie Klein 3, Cor Schwencke 9+2.
    Belgium: Tony Delrez 4, Gentil Noterman 3, Jacques Moris 1

1956 Cortina d’Ampezzo:
    Belgium: Jacques Moris 5, Ed Zukiwski 2, Gentil Noterman 3, Eugene Meeuwissen 2.

1961 Geneva, Lausanne
    The Netherlands: Rudi Bakker 3, Jan Hendriks 1, Wim Hoogenvorst 1, Dummy Smit 3, Jan Herreur 2, Rob Pieterse 3, Arie Klein 1, ? Dirks 1, ? Pakke 2, Leo van Dijk 1.
    Belgium: Jacques Moris 1, Walter Colfs 3, Alfred de Ceunynck 1, Gentil Noterman 4, Hubert Anciaux 1.

1962 Colorado Springs:
    The Netherlands: Johan "Dummy" Smit 5+4, Rob Pieterse 4+0, Meg de Jong 1+0, Leo Loret 7+4, Joop Manuel 3+1, Arie Klein 0+5, Rudi Bakker 0+2, Dolf Overakker 0+1.

1963 Stockholm:
    Belgium : Gentil Noterman 4+0 , Jean "Coco" Berry 1+1 , Walter Colfs 1+1 , Jean Geerts 1+1 , Andre Dries 1+0 , Marcel van de Berg 0+1.

IHF Member
    Jukka,
    I could not complete the list till 1969 because I was in a rush.
    So today some complete names of the Belgian, French and Dutch players.

The author's scores 1920-1969

1963 Stockholm:
    Belgium : Gentil Noterman 4+0 , Jean "Coco" Berry 1+1 , Walter Colfs 1+1 , Jean Geerts 1+1 , Andre Dries 1+0 , Marcel van de Berg 0+1.
    The Netherlands : Leo van Dijk 6+2 , Hein Snoeck 4+4 , Johan "Dummy" Smit 2+3 , Wil Ooms 2+1 , Rob van Oel 2+0 , Jan Hendriks 2+0 , Rudi Bakker 1+1 , Wil van Dommelen 1+1 , Arie Klein 0+2 , Joop Manuel 1+0 , Rob Pieterse 0+1 , Cyriel van Dijk 0+1

1967 Vienna:
    The Netherlands: Wil Ooms 6+3, Joe Simons 5+3, Rudi Bakker 6+0, Joop Manuel 1+3, Ron Gentis 1+2, Cyriel van Dijk 1+0, Arie Klein 0+2, Rob van Oel 0+1.

1969 Stockholm:
    The Netherlands: Joe Simons 4+1, Hans Christiaans 3+0, Arie Klein 1+2, Ad de Kok 1+0, Rudi Bakker 1+0, Ben Roomer 1+0, Wil Ooms 1+0, Ron Gentis 0+2.

1970 Stockholm:
    France: Ivan Guryca 5+4, Patrick Francheterre 5, Jean-Claude Eymard 4, Charles Libermann 3, Paul Lang 2, Gerard Faucomprez 2, Patrice Pourtanel 2, Claude Blanchard 1, Marcel Gentina 1, M.Tartarin 1, Daniel Grando 1, L.Smariotto 1, Jean Vassieux 1.

1971 Berne, Geneva:
    Belgium: Alberic Braes 2, G. Marsin 2, Francois Brueren 1, Henri Moris 1.
    France: Ivan Guryca 8+13, Alain Bozon 7, Patrick Francheterre 7, Jean-Claude Guennelon 11, Gilbert Itzicsohn 5, Paul Lang 4, Daniel Galland 2, Joel Godeau 1, B.Gabanis 1, Claude Blanchard 1, Jean Vassieux 1, L.Smariotto 1.

1973 Moscow:
    France: Patrick Lang 7, Olivier Prechac 4, Jean Vassieux 3, Alain Mazza 3, Ivan Guryca 2, Daniel Galland 2, Laurent Bibier 1, Patrick Francehterre 1.

1975 Munich, Dusseldorf:
    France: Jean Vassieux 8+5 , Philippe Rey 8+1 , Ivan Guryca 5+3 , ? Boissonier 2+6 , Gilbert Itzicsohn 2+3 , Guy Galiay 2+1 , ? Evdokimov 2+0 , Patrick Francheterre 1+3 , Joel Godeau 1+0 , ? Decour 1+0 , Claude Blanchard 0+2 , ? Bianchi 0+1 , Bernard Cabanis 0+1.

IHF Member
    Dear Dutchie, thank you for your information. I was looking for surnames of some Dutch players and you cover some "blanks". I want to give some remarks to your data in 1961-1963.
    1. At WC-1963-C Belgium scored 9 goals - Moris has 5 assists but not any goal.
    2. According to data I have surname of de Ceunynck is Eric (date of birth - 25.07.41) but may be I have wrong information.
    3. The same about van Dijk - it was Cyriel not Leo played in 1961.
    4. There were not any Dirks or Pakke in Dutch roster at WC-1961-C. Goalscorers were: R.Bakker - 5+1, Pieterse - 3+1, J.Smit - 3+1, Herreur - 2+1, Hendriks - 2+0, C.van Dijk - 1+1, Klein - 1+0, Hoogervorst - 1+0. Except of them another players took part - defencemen - Wil van Dommelen, Ariel van Beek, goalies - Tony van Esch, Fred de Witt and forwards whose names are very strange for me - Oscar Olsen, Ben Ziepscheerder and Rob van Zalinge.
    All these data are taken from Swiss newspapers and names could be distorted by translation.

IHF Member
    Dear collegues, I've mentioned Swiss newspspers yesterday but without their names. I want to say that we've done some research work on 1961 tournaments in all three groups with Franco Beffa from Switzerland and Aleksandr Arzhannikov from Russia and abovementioned data is the result of these work. Our sources were "Tribune de Lausanne", "L'Impartial", "L'Express", "The Globe and Mail", "Saskatoon Star-Phoenix", "Ceskoslovensky Sport", "Deutsches Sportecho", "Neues Deutschland", "The Leader-Post", "The Montreal Gazette", "Спорт за рубежом", "Советский спорт" etc. I download all three goups reports in another section of our forum and invite all who are interesting in history of world championships to discuss the item.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by serg58 View Post
    Dear Dutchie, thank you for your information. I was looking for surnames of some Dutch players and you cover some "blanks". I want to give some remarks to your data in 1961-1963.
    1. At WC-1963-C Belgium scored 9 goals - Moris has 5 assists but not any goal.
    2. According to data I have surname of de Ceunynck is Eric (date of birth - 25.07.41) but may be I have wrong information.
    3. The same about van Dijk - it was Cyriel not Leo played in 1961.
    4. There were not any Dirks or Pakke in Dutch roster at WC-1961-C. Goalscorers were: R.Bakker - 5+1, Pieterse - 3+1, J.Smit - 3+1, Herreur - 2+1, Hendriks - 2+0, C.van Dijk - 1+1, Klein - 1+0, Hoogervorst - 1+0. Except of them another players took part - defencemen - Wil van Dommelen, Ariel van Beek, goalies - Tony van Esch, Fred de Witt and forwards whose names are very strange for me - Oscar Olsen, Ben Ziepscheerder and Rob van Zalinge.
    All these data are taken from Swiss newspapers and names could be distorted by translation.
    Well first of all the data is all from jukka's site.
    I only copied the lines of dutch, belgian and french players and filled in their surnames

Second : I know that there are no players Dirks or Pakke. Maybe some type errors......

Third : Oscar Olsen, Ben Ziepscheerder and Rob van Zalinge.
    Well all their names are right. Oscar Olsen played, i believe for amsterdam and had a double nationality.
    The other 2 are real "dutchies"

IHF Member
    Some other info :

Johan Smit's nickname was "dummy" he got that from a canadian who played in amsterdam.
    Jean Berry from belgium had also a nickname "coco". Why ? do not ask me, I really do not know.

IHF Member
    Hello you all!

I will be adding some updates on scores and names in November.

Now I have updated some names of the 1938 and 1955 Canadian players to my tournament presentations and scoring stats.

All the best
    jukka

IHF Member
    Hello you all!

The info both with scoring stats and the tournament presentations has been updated.

Like you have seen above, the site is far from perfect. So, any additional information and correction is welcome!

All the best
    jukka

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information