Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Arenas of Russia

Russia New Arenas of Russia

A lot of new Arenas have been opened in Russia during this season, so I think it's time to start the new thread concerning this good tendences in Russian Hockey life.

As far as you already now, next season teams that will play in the RSL are to have Arenas with at last 5000 seats, that's why Severstal, Nizhnekamsk, Metallurg, HC MVD, Avangard and other teams have started construction of new Arenas.

I'd like to start with Arena-Metallurg that had a sold-out game on the first game!!! 7800 fans (there're 7708 places on this Arena!!!) came to see the game with Vityaz, Chekhov. Tickets were sold in some hours. :yelclap:
    President of FHR, Vladislav Tretyak, President of IIHF, Rene Fasel, have mentioned that it's one of the most comfortable Arenas they've seen during last years.

The Museum of HC Metallurg, Magnitogorsk with Trophies (European Super Cup, different Euro cups, such as Spengler Cup, and Russian Cup) will be opened in the hall of the new Arena.
    Special fan sector, 10-, 16-seated boxes, special seats for invalids, big screen, cafes give this Arena all chances to organise an international tournaments!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Keep nothing in your house that you can't use or don't find beautiful" W.Morris :smart:

Arena Metallurg, 12.01.07

Here's the picture from the forum of HC Metallurg, I wanna make some pics with my camera too,- I like this Arena (and there's snow in Ural mountains!!! :653: )!!!
    "Keep nothing in your house that you can't use or don't find beautiful" W.Morris :smart:

Thank you for this info! I hear about all the money Russia is pumping in the the RSL and all the new arena's sprouting up. This is very insightful!

Long Live Din Dong the Russian Moderator! :kidding:

by vas

Here's the link to DL 16-min (48 MB) presentation video of new arena in Kazan (built in the end of 2005) where Ak Bars, the champion of RSL is playing

http://tatneftarena.com/video/downlo...wmv&id=1&c=123

and a few fotos:

Last edited by kun; 14-01-2007 at 12:08.

Here's the fotos of new arena in Mytischi (Moscow suburb) where RSL team KHIMIK is playing:

Wow, they look great!

Question, I've seen cars displayed rinkside in European arenas before (in a Czech arena). Are they for advertisement, or some sort of a prize, or something else?

Amur's arena is supposed to be great too but I suppose it's not new new.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Bucks View Post
    Wow, they look great!

2. Question, I've seen cars displayed rinkside in European arenas before (in a Czech arena). Are they for advertisement, or some sort of a prize, or something else?

1. Amur's arena is supposed to be great too but I suppose it's not new new.
    Platinum Arena in Khabarovsk was build in August 2003, so it can be called NEW too.
    There are some more pics of it on the official site: http://www.platinumarena.ru/index_e.php

Yes, we do have this kind of advertisment, but ususally during different international games or POs with Finals. During all last games of Channel One Cup on Arena Khodynka in Moscow new FORD was driving on the ice, showing it's potential. Ya can see the photo I've made on one of them.
    As you know, Skoda is the sponsor of IHWCs, so it's possible to see Skoda cars on every game.

During the Soviet time Lada cars were a kind of a present to some fans during the Izvestiya Cup (currently Channel One Cup). So, it was possible to drive home on the car!!! :653:

Arena for HC MVD

In May '2007 the new Arena for HC MVD will be opened in Balashikha (Moscow Region).
    That will be a 7000-seated Arena with all modern infrastructure.

Ufa-Arena

The new Arena in Ufa for HC Salavat Yulaev will be build in the nearest future!!! You can watch the video here:
    http://hksalavat.ru/e107_plugins/med...y/view.php?807

It'll have an 8000-seated rink,500-seated rink and will be universal (either for Hockey games or Concerts, etc). :yelclap:

Does anyone know what is proposed to happen to any clubs that DON'T have 5,000 seats next season?

For example, Lada? Shall they be replaced by a team from the High League? Again for example, shall Avtomobilist Ekaterinburg take their spot?

Lada have a small arena but it is usually full. Avto-Ekaterinburg have more than 5,000 seats but their crowds are poor. They sit in second place and just played their city neighbours and the arena was only 60% full.

Not good.

IHF Member Alessandro Seren Rosso's Avatar
    Din, do you know names for new arenas in Ufa and in Balashikha?
    My articles at The Hockey Writers

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
    Din, do you know names for new arenas in Ufa and in Balashikha?

We still don't know the name for Arena on Khodynka in Moscow... So, it's hard to say what names will these Arenas have. That would be something like Arena-Balashikha and Ufa-Arena!!! :blah:

DIN, how about new arena in Cherepovets? They are still playing at Almaz right? When it will be operative?

Arena Cherepovets

DIN, how about new arena in Cherepovets? They are still playing at Almaz right? When it will be operative?
    Here're some pics of Arena in Cherepovets: :yelclap: Looks pretty good!!!

When they will transfer there? Do you know that?

IHF Member
    Yesterday I got pitures from Novgorod. (Thanks to Alexei)

Looks very new. When the stadium was built ?

http://www.hockeyarenas.net/index.ph...ng=de&arID=373

@Tokio Buks:

More Cars inside the Arena, watch out for the last picture, lol

http://www.hockeyarenas.net/index.ph...=brno&arID=637

Dan, the city is not Novgorod, it is Nizhniy (or Nizhny or Nizhnij or whatever) Novgorod, that are two different places :)

Palace of Sports im. V.Konovalenko, Nizhny Novgorod

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Yesterday I got pitures from Novgorod. (Thanks to Alexei)

Looks very new. When the stadium was built ? ...
    It's not so new, was build in '1960s (1966-1967).

You have asked me about the address, here it's:
    Russia 603004
    Nizhny Novgorod
    Loskutova str., 10 (Metro Station "Park Kultury")
    Tel: +7 (8312) 957993
    The official name of this Arena is: Palace of Sports im V. Konovalenko (famous Goaltender from Nizhny Novgorod).

This year another Palace of Sports in Nizhny Novgorod will be rebuild, and the building of the new Arena (for 8000 seats) will be started. It's not possible to make Konovalenko Arena building 'cos it's located too close to houses.

Lada is to have its own Arena!!!

In June 2007 long-awaited building of the new 10000-seats "Lada-Arena" will be started, has confirmed the Governor of Samara District, Konstantin Titov.

Sooooo gooooood news!!!!! :drink2: :drink2: :drink2:

Conception of the Ufa Arena

Here's the conception of the Ufa-Arena: :drink2:

Omsk Arena conception

Here's the project of Omsk-Arena for 10000 seats, that should be build this year, and the new season Avangard will start on this excellent Arena!!! :)

Russia Balashikha Arena for HC MVD

This summer Arena in Balashikha will be opened, so HC MVD will have it's own home!!!
    The official name will glorify Alexander Ragulin.

It has 6000-seats hall, two skating rinks, gym, 80-seats restaurant, chess-club, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DIN View Post
    In June 2007 long-awaited building of the new 10000-seats "Lada-Arena" will be started, has confirmed the Governor of Samara District, Konstantin Titov.

Sooooo gooooood news!!!!! :drink2: :drink2: :drink2:
    Is this still on schedule?

Well..maybe not the most important arena in Russia...but on day 17 september should be inaugurated new ice palace in Bryansk

Local team, Desna Bryansk, plays in russian 4th division

http://briansk.ru/sport/2007424/40746.html

Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Galvin View Post
    Is this still on schedule?
    The building of new Arena will be started in June 2007, BUT Lada, Togliatti may play in Nizhnekamsk (where Neftekhimik also plays).

Thу final decision will be found very soon.

Some information about "not the most important" arenas at Siberia, Far East and Kazakhstan (owned by teams playing at Russian leagues):
    There are planning new ice arenas at Berdsk, Chita and Ussuriysk. All these cities will join 1 League next season. Maybe will be finished the construction of ice palace at Abakan (planned finishing to jan, 1, 2007 but did not made). Till 1 december 2007 is planning to finish general reconstruction of "Yermak Arena" at Angarsk (capacity till 6000). Mid-season was complicated the reconstruction of ice palace "Snezhinka" at Prokopievsk. Before previous season was constructed "SOK Arena" (2500 capacity) with the modern sportive and recreational complex (most modern aboard Ural, excluding "Platinum Arena")
    http://hc-kazakhmys.kz/index.php?section=sok

Russia Balashikha Arena

There gonna be one of the biggest screens on the new Arena in Balashikha (HC MVD)!!! I have not heard about such sizes before: 8 x 40 metres!!! It will be possible to see anything ya want on this screen!!! Wow, just fantastic!!!

Irkutsk Ice Palace is under construction (capacity 3.000 when finished)

Article from Ermak website

Russia To be or not to be...

After long talks, it was decided to build Arena for Lada Togliatti for 10000 seats (the first project was for 7000 fans).

Wow! What kind of shape is that picture? There seems to be bits going up and down all over! 2 rinks inside it?

I'm glad they have finally decided to build something for Lada though.

Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Irate-Pirate View Post
    Wow! What kind of shape is that picture? There seems to be bits going up and down all over! 2 rinks inside it?

I'm glad they have finally decided to build something for Lada though.
    Yes, that gonna be two rinks (one of them will be for trainings). I also like the design, think that will be one of the most interesting Arenas to visit!!!

Info Balashikha Arena

... name for new arena in Balashikha...
    If you have a look at these pics ( http://www.hcmvd.ru/arena-balashiha/...98/rubric_133/ ), you'll see the official name of this Arena: Balashikha Arena.

Russia Arena Balashikha

Here're some my pics from the Arena Balashikha from the game HC MVD, Balashikha - Metallurg, Magnitogorsk 2:6...
    Last edited by DIN; 07-10-2007 at 12:56.

Russia Arena Balashikha, Part 2

The csreen is not ready until now, but the size of it is impressive...

Russia Arena Balashikha, Part 3

Fans like to support HC MVD with songs, drums, flags...

IHF Member
    @DIN: Can you give me the Adress and Capcity from this Arena ?

Russia Arena Balashkha's data

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    @DIN: Can you give me the Adress and Capcity from this Arena ?
    That's not a problem, Dan:
    Arena Balashikha
    Capacity: 6000 seats

Address:
    Russia
    Balashikha (Moscow region)
    Parkovaya str., 2

Team:
    HC MVD

Site:
    www.hcmvd.ru

A new arena will open in Caucasus according to this article I found, but I don't understand where....

On Caucasus the first ice palace will open

10.10.2007 08:30
    Within the next few days the ice palace first on Caucasus will open, informs RIA of "News". It will open the doors for fans of winter kinds of sports in Vladikavkaz.

In ceremony of solemn opening a palace participation of the speaker of the State Duma Boris Gryzlov is expected.

firms-contractors Oleg Gusov has named an ice palace " greater object to which in the technological plan will not be equal region ".

As he said, one of the main features of a palace that function of a roof in it provides a tension fabric dome.

" The dome keeps due to constant pressure. Fans submit air, and the dome stretches. It also allows to maintain in a hall normal temperature ", - has told Gusov.

Gusov also has informed, that the area of a skating rink of an ice palace corresponds to hockey standards. It has added, that simultaneously on skates in a hall can be engaged 111 person, 234 more persons can be in auditorium.

The ice palace in the sizes 72 on 54 meters occupies the area about 4 thousand square meters.

As have specified in the government of the republic, the ready object will be transferred to balance to the ministry on affairs of youth of physical training and sports of Northern Ossetia. On its maintenance, according to approximate calculations, it is required from 14 up to 18 million roubles a year.

The sports public of republic believes in opening an ice palace on development of winter kinds of sports. It is expected, that interested persons will rise on skates much more, than can contain a skating rink.

Russia New Arena in Vladikavkaz

Davide, that will be the new Arena in Vladikavkaz!!! :)

Great news!!!

Really nice arenas! Congrats! :-)
    Where is all the money for the RHL coming from? The Russian govenment?

Quote Originally Posted by estogoalie View Post
    Really nice arenas! Congrats! :-)
    Where is all the money for the RHL coming from? The Russian govenment?
    My best guess is business men who has earned billions from oil and gas. They want something to play with, like a toy :)

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
    My best guess is business men who has earned billions from oil and gas. They want something to play with, like a toy :)
    But wouldn't you? :-) If I really had billions of dollars, I just might give annually $1 million to each SM-Liiga club and $500,000 to Mestis clubs to use for player budget + fund developing hockey countries. With the interests growing from billions I could still live very comfortably for the rest of my life.
    "Lord Baelish, what you suggest is treason."
    "Only if we lose."

A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
    True, Russia is loaded with gas money these days. In either case, if it's the gov't or business men, it's good to see some money being pumped into hockey.

That is a very cool looking arena! I like the huge team logo and big glass window in front.

What are average ticket prices to RHL games?

Here's the picture from the forum of HC Metallurg, I wanna make some pics with my camera too,- I like this Arena (and there's snow in Ural mountains!!! :653: )!!!
    Last edited by estogoalie; 08-11-2007 at 20:44.

Buffalo Ice Palast Nishny Novgorod

This year another Palace of Sports in Nizhny Novgorod will be rebuild, and the building of the new Arena (for 8000 seats) will be started. It's not possible to make Konovalenko Arena building 'cos it's located too close to houses.
    Hi DIN,

what is the status of this new ice arena in Nishny Novgorod?
    Do you have some more information, pics ?

Best regards

Canyonero

It was completed already last year

http://www.hctorpedo.ru/Arena.htm

As far as I understand it:

There are two ice hockey venues in N.N.:

* Konowalenko Ice Palace capacity around 1.700 ??
    * Rebuild ''Trade Union Ice Palace'' with capacity around 4.500

Correct?

IHF Member
    I am also interestet for this.

Konowalenko Sport Palace has not 4300 Places ???

What is the Name of this Arena ?

http://www.hctorpedo.ru/Arena.htm

Old Konovalenko isn't used anymore. Now they play in new дворец спорта профсоюзов

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information