Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: links in postings

  1. #1
    IHF Staff
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    5,144

    links in postings

    Before the upgrade one could disguise weblinks in posts by laying an arbitrary text over this HTML code specifying an url in the posts text (hope I got the terms right)...this function seems to be gone, as when clicking the insert link button, the first step where you can enter the text to be displayed instead of the link is no more.

    Am I wrong or do I just not get it right?

  2. #2
    IHF Member Karsten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Northern Zealand (in Denmark)
    Posts
    11,637
    Quote Originally Posted by RexKramer View Post
    Before the upgrade one could disguise weblinks in posts by laying an arbitrary text over this HTML code specifying an url in the posts text (hope I got the terms right)...this function seems to be gone, as when clicking the insert link button, the first step where you can enter the text to be displayed instead of the link is no more.

    Am I wrong or do I just not get it right?
    If I understand you correctly, this feature still works. The code is (substitute parenthises (...) with square parenthesis [...]

    (url=http://...)text(/url)

  3. #3
    IHF Staff
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    5,144
    ok, I see. So the difference is that previous I could use the "insert link" button which then had a 2 step proceeding and now I have to enter the text directly...
    Anyway, thanks for helping out!

    RK

  4. #4
    IHF Member Karsten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Northern Zealand (in Denmark)
    Posts
    11,637
    Quote Originally Posted by RexKramer View Post
    ok, I see. So the difference is that previous I could use the "insert link" button which then had a 2 step proceeding and now I have to enter the text directly...
    Anyway, thanks for helping out!

    RK
    I have always inserted the text directly so I wouldn't know.

  5. #5
    IHF Staff Jazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Southern Canada
    Posts
    6,449
    Quote Originally Posted by RexKramer View Post
    ok, I see. So the difference is that previous I could use the "insert link" button which then had a 2 step proceeding and now I have to enter the text directly...
    Anyway, thanks for helping out!

    RK
    Yes, it was different before in that you could enter the link, and then the text within consecutive dialog boxes.

    Now, you hit the icon, paste in the link, hit ENTER once (only), and then the text, and finally hit END to get past the "[/url]" line.

    A couple of more steps, but if you adapt, you will survive....

  6. #6
    IHF Staff
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    5,144
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Yes, it was different before in that you could enter the link, and then the text within consecutive dialog boxes.

    Now, you hit the icon, paste in the link, hit ENTER once (only), and then the text, and finally hit END to get past the "[/url]" line.

    A couple of more steps, but if you adapt, you will survive....
    I always look at the tasks and challenges life puts up from an evolutionary perspective :023:

  7. #7
    IHF Member nzice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    658

    DSC_0011 by Aoraki, on Flickr

  8. #8
    IHF Member nzice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    658
    [IMG] DSC_0011 by Aoraki, on Flickr[/IMG]

  9. #9
    IHF Member nzice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    658
    [IMG] DSC_0011 by Aoraki, on Flickr[/IMG]

  10. #10
    IHF Member nzice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    658
    Great - have found the bbcode in flickr that works on vbulletin - allowing me to pick the photo size... ! am happy now :-)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •