Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Liechtenstein - All Time Results

  1. #1
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048

    Liechtenstein Liechtenstein - All Time Results

    The most genious thread:) Yes, accordingly to the official Lichtenstein site, their national team has played one international game.

    EDIT: And now we got the second!
    Last edited by Aldair; 11-03-2007 at 01:12.

  2. #2
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048

    Luxembourg Luxembourg vs. Lichtenstein (+2=0-0; 11-3)

    1 26.04.2003 - Patinoire De Kockelscheuer, EG - 7:1 (4:0, 2:1, 1:0)

    2 10.04.2007 - Widnau, EG - 4:2 (0:0, 2:0, 2:2)
    Last edited by Aldair; 05-04-2007 at 19:45.

  3. #3
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    285
    i am quite suprised lichtenstein does not have more involved in international play, at least once a year to continue interest.

  4. #4
    IHF Staff Steigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    8,141
    Quote Originally Posted by samara15 View Post
    i am quite suprised lichtenstein does not have more involved in international play, at least once a year to continue interest.
    costs are an issue for them.
    Their national team, really, is simply the club EHC Vaduz-Schellenberg, which plays its season out of a rink in Switzerland because they don't have a rink in-country.
    Getting enough players at that level to go somewhere every year to play a NT game might be a bit much, and they wouldn't be able to bring fans to their own games, because the rink isn't even in Liechtenstein (I believe it's about a 45-minute drive for the players)

  5. #5
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Berikon, Switzerland
    Posts
    2,717
    approx. 60% from Vaduz-Schellenberg are playing in the NT. The other 40% are playing in Swiss and/or Austrian lower Leagues. Two years ago, Liechtenstein has 58 licensed ice hockey players. But vaduz is still the only Team in and from Liechtenstein.
    Cheers, Franco

  6. #6
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    285
    i can see the dificulty, but lichtenstein is quite well off, finances should not be difficult to have friendly match once or twice a year.
    Last edited by Franco; 11-07-2008 at 09:09.

  7. #7
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Berikon, Switzerland
    Posts
    2,717
    Quote Originally Posted by samara15 View Post
    i can see the dificulty, but lichtenstein is quite well off, finances should not be difficult to have friendly match once or twice a year.
    that's correct. Ok, they're all amateurs, of course, but the problem is more, that last year the only team, EHC Vaduz-Schellenberg, retired from the 4th Swiss League because they've not enough players... they're only 110 licensed player's.... normally enough for one team, but, as I said, all amateurs.
    Cheers, Franco

  8. #8
    IHF Member swiss_chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    41

    ehc vaduz-schellenberg at grüsch ice rink

    This is the place, where ehc vaduz-schellenberg is playing: the ice rink at grüsch, swizterland.
    capacity: 1200, all standing.
    Want to have a look?
    http://www.hockeyarenas.net/index.ph...ype=2&arID=816

  9. #9
    IHF Prospect
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    12
    IIHF Survey for Liechtenstein:
    80 total registered players (70 male, 10 U20, 0 female)
    0 referees
    0 rinks

    Also, at the hockeyarenas.com profile of Eishalle Grusch, it has pictures of EHCVS.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •