Thread: Whats life and the level of hockey like Slovenia?

IHF Prospect

Slovenia Whats life and the level of hockey like Slovenia?

Whats life and the level of hockey like Slovenia? Heard it is a beautiful country.

Lenny, please stop adding icons to your posts (at least until you have learned to use them properly). The icons you use are very confusing.

Yesterday, you enquired about playing in Spain and added the Edmonton Oilers icon. What has Edmonton Oilers to do with the content of your thread? Nothing, right?

Today, you're enquiring about Slovenian hockey and add the Canadian flag.

The purpose of the icons is to make it easier to navigate. The icons signal the content of the thread. So please stop using them for the wrong purpose.

Isn't this what the "Players Looking for Teams" section is for anyway?
    Bringing ice hockey to Northwest China!

I'm the hole formerly known as KazakhEagles

IHF Prospect
    Sorry Buddy I am Canadian, I love the Oilers sorry new to the site. Guess I cant show love to my nationality or my favorite team

IHF Prospect

Sorry I just joined didnt know the rules!

Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Lennny View Post
    Sorry
    No worries, it is confusing as many people use this link:

http://forums.internationalhockey.ne...hp?do=getdaily

to see the posts within the past 24 hours, and having an Oilers logo misleads the point of your thread.

Just apply the appropriate icon (if any) next time.
    There is no such thing as a "Bad Hockey Market"
    There are, however, several markets with "Bad Hockey"

International Hockey Forums on Social Media:
    https://twitter.com/ihf_forums
    https://www.facebook.com/ihf.forums

Quote Originally Posted by Lennny View Post
    Whats life and the level of hockey like Slovenia? Heard it is a beautiful country.
    It is a beatifull country. One of the rare countries in the world where you (if lucky) can go swimming and snowboarding in one afternoon. Here you have in geographical terms everything imaginable (except vulcanos;). From the beaches in the Adriatic (not much though), Alps in the NW and N part, beautifull Slovenian Karst (homeland of Lipizzaner) in the S to the lowlands/flatlands of the NE and SE where Panonian sea was located thousand of years ago. 1/2 of the country is covered with forrests. Also a place of beatifull monutinas rivers and lakes where you can go swimming as well.
    For more info: http://www.slovenia.info/

Whats life like? You mean whats the standard of life like? For me personally when i go to Austria or Italy i dont see much difference. Allthough dont get me wrong. The life standard of Slovenia and Austria isnt the same, but it doesnt seems like a different world when you cross the border.

IHF Member
    I hate to bring up an old post. But I noticed the team Ljubljana Olipija has attracted a number of very good players,Kevin Mitchell an excellent player from the AHL and Lou Dickenson who is now playing in the AHL. I noticed a few other players with AHL and NHL expierience on the roster. So I would imagine the talent must be pretty good.

ZM Olimpija does not play in the Slovenian league. Neither does Acroni Jesenice. Both play in Austria's Erste Bank Liga (EBEL), which is one of the top ten pro leagues in Europe. They play there because they are FAR better than the other Slovenian teams, which compete in Slovenia's domestic league. Slovenia's domestic league is probably no better than strong Junior A / strong NCAA Division III level.

IHF Member
    My mistake. I did indeed read that they played in the league in Ausrta and wrote Slovenia. But what I was mainly trying to say is the fact that the players on those respective teams must live in Slovenia. So Slovenia must have something that draws players to those teams that play in the Austrain league.

IHF Member
    Slovenia is going to play in the World Championship in Canada in May. Slovenia played in top level competition several times before in the last decade. Top two Slovenian teams, Jesenice (hometown of Anze Kopitar of Los Angeles Kings) and Olimpija (from Ljubljana, the capital of Slovenia) are both professional teams. Their participation in Austrian EBEL is the only way to prevent massive exodus of top Slovenian players abroad and keep hockey in the focus of interest of media, sponsors and public.

Slovenian championship includes the rest of the Slovenian teams and serves primarily as development league. Farm teams of both Jesenice and Olimpija compete in Slovenian championship alongside several teams from other Slovenian teams. This season, Croatian champion Medvescak also plays in Slovenian championship as part of the campaign to get invitation to EBEL.

Rosters of these teams include various players: U20 players who are still developing and hope to make the top two Slovenian teams, players who are not good enough for playing in EBEL, veterans.

After regular season, both Jesenice and Olimpija will join the Slovenian championship play-off.

IHF Member
    Thanks allot for the post guys. They helped me get allot more insight on the leaguse in Slovenia.

Thread Information