View Poll Results: Would you consider taking part in an IHF PowerplayManager tournament?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I likely would

28 90.32%
  • No, I probably would not

3 9.68%

Thread: IHF Powerplay Manager championship?

IHF Powerplay Manager championship?

I've been bored and skimming through the ice hockey memberlist on Powerplay Manager, and I've noticed a few manager names that seemed familiar from the IHF board. I might've missed a couple, but this is just an advance poll and I'll contact the others that I recognize later on.

For the moment, who would potentially be interested in participating in an IHF championship for Powerplay manager, not unlike what we have with HockeyArena at the moment? You can give me a yes or no answer now and change your mind later, no problem.
    What it comes down to though is that PPM is planning to start ice hockey sometime this summer, so if I can get at least 6 "yes" votes then I'll consider setting up a tournament to coincide with the first season of PPM. So if you think you'd want to participate, go ahead and give me a "yes" vote, just so I know how much interest there is.

IHF Member
    That would be nice, since from the beginning, no team should have much of an edge. I'll participate, sure.

Of course! Btw do you know is PPM will have live match broadcast (e.g. in Java) from the beginning?

I think they are looking at some sort of live-broadcast of the matches, though I'm not sure exactly how it'll happen. There was a note on it in the "ice hockey" description section on PPM, plus I think something in the blog at one point.
    And yes, I do like the idea of being on even grounds and not having to worry about losing by any large margin due to being massively outclassed by you guys.

IHF Member
    Heh and now I have a chance at not getting shelled..

Hi all.
    I also want to play that game, but i have some questions. I had registred at site and have my own account, but how can i preregister on hockey part. My nick is not among the other swedish participants. Anybody can help me. Thanks in advance.

When you look at the "world of sports" on the left side of the screen once you've logged in, then all the sports icons show up on the main part of the page, look to the right side and all the sports that are planned should be listed. you can click on "register to the waitinglist" for icehockey

Potentially interested, but I haven't seen PPM yet so...

Quote Originally Posted by Bennison View Post
    Potentially interested, but I haven't seen PPM yet so...
    Go give it a look-over then! hockey's probably still a couple months away, but the overall concept and interface has impressed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steigs View Post
    Go give it a look-over then! hockey's probably still a couple months away, but the overall concept and interface has impressed me.
    I've registered and marked my interest for hockey... Let's just hope that hockey doesn't start in the middle of the hottest summer days...

Just to re-open the call, especially since there are a few bigtime HA players who haven't replied yet. (and of course for anyone else who might be interested). Looks like it's getting ever-closer.

Yes...
    I just signed up the other day, and would be interested in such a tourney if it is possible to organize within the bounds of their scheduling system.

I think they're looking at 3 gamedays per week, rather than 4, which will both offer more opportunities to schedule matches, plus allow more time to get the tournament completed within a single season.

Powerplay Manager update:

They're getting the hockey game in shape now, looks like a September/October beta start, then they'll reset everything by the end of the year for when the real game will start. Not all that far away.

Sounds good Steigs, please keep us updated in this thread!

I would be interested. In matter of fact, I am going to take a gander over and look.
    "I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Im in.
    "I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Alright... ya'll keep in mind that this tournametn won't be starting until the true beginning of the PPM first season (the beta will NOT count, as there wont' be enough free days to run the tourney), so there's still lots of time to decide.
    I'll run a "normal" roll-call thread when we're nearing the end of the beta test.

Steigs,I see you are also doing soccer. We should matchup sometime when it comes out. Anywho, great site and it looks to be promising and fun with many games from which to choose. Im playing hockey, basketball, and soocer. Steigs, keep us informed like updates.

I'm set up for soccer at the moment, but I'm not sure if I'll take it up when it starts or not...

Hi all.
    I am new to this site, but I have been following PPM for a while (been in HockeyArena for a couple seasons too), I am in if there is room when it gets up and running.

I'll be doing a roll call once PPM's all up and running. If you want, keep an eye out for the next HA tournament (i'll schedule it to start with the next HA season)

Also: welcome to the board!

Wohoo! The first friendly matches have been played and during the following weeks the game should finally start.

these tournaments will only start once the beta-testing period is completed and the game is officially launched.

ß-test was launched last week. :)
    One step closer. :)

Beta is a long way in right now. Once the whole thing gets started up, we'll look for bugs (play a bunch of friendly matches between those who want in), then we'll start official competition in Season 2.

IHF Prospect
    That would be great. I'm in.

IHF Prospect
    I'm in. I just wish we could get more Aussies. Currently we have 26 managers in hockey :(. If anyone knows some Aussies around here that want to join plz let me know.

IHF Prospect
    YEAH! That would be awesome!
    But how could we do that, I don't think you can create your own tournament on ppm, can you?

But if it happens, then I would definetely join!

IHF Prospect
    Actually I think we could set up the matches separately, post the fixtures and scores on this forum. We could have each match played through challenges.

That's how the HockeyArena tournaments have always happened.
    At this point in time though I'm not running PPM, only HA, so the tournament's all but dead.

The idea is already dead? If not, who would to participate and when we could start the tournament? I can make a fixtures and take care of organisation. What do you think?
    Bo gdyby, ach gdyby wszystko na tym świecie dało się rostrzygać na lodowiskach, w trzech tercjach, kijem i krążkiem, to nie tylko wszak kanadyjskim zawodowcom z NHL, nie tylko wiarołomnym antysocjalistycznym Czechom, ale całemu światu, ba, nawet duszmanom z Pandższiru, Heratu i Kandaharu spuściłaby tęgi a druzgocący wpierdol hokejowa reprezentacja ZSRR, a w jej składzie Ragulin, Fetisow, Kasatonow oraz, bladź, Kapustin, Golikow i Malcew.

Andrzej Sapkowski, "Żmija"

well, first of all we must find wich user of this forum play's PPM ... only after that, we will think for a tournament ..
    http://www.powerplaymanager.com/r154589 best online hockey manager

What I see, there is canucks357, you and me. I think, that at least four players should be to play little tournament. In poll there is 26 for yes, so I hope he can take these four people to play
    Bo gdyby, ach gdyby wszystko na tym świecie dało się rostrzygać na lodowiskach, w trzech tercjach, kijem i krążkiem, to nie tylko wszak kanadyjskim zawodowcom z NHL, nie tylko wiarołomnym antysocjalistycznym Czechom, ale całemu światu, ba, nawet duszmanom z Pandższiru, Heratu i Kandaharu spuściłaby tęgi a druzgocący wpierdol hokejowa reprezentacja ZSRR, a w jej składzie Ragulin, Fetisow, Kasatonow oraz, bladź, Kapustin, Golikow i Malcew.

Quote Originally Posted by Piotrek View Post
    What I see, there is canucks357, you and me. I think, that at least four players should be to play little tournament. In poll there is 26 for yes, so I hope he can take these four people to play
    hope so

I think we could start a tournament on next season, because, on this I don't see chance for that. We should wait for new players, so if somebody want to join please sign on this topic. I also suggest to play a tournament games as a friendly games on one day every week, the best will be, in my opinion, saturday or sunday.
    If somebody have other option in that case this thread is still open

Quote Originally Posted by Piotrek View Post
    I think we could start a tournament on next season, because, on this I don't see chance for that. We should wait for new players, so if somebody want to join please sign on this topic. I also suggest to play a tournament games as a friendly games on one day every week, the best will be, in my opinion, saturday or sunday.
    If somebody have other option in that case this thread is still open
    well, i agree the ideea to play some friendlies.
    the regular season will end this mounth, hope I catch the play-off ... wish me luck.

btw, what is yous username in PPM ?

Now the season 5 is nearly to end, so I'm asking, if we have any more players to make a IHF Powerplay Champioship during next season?

IHF Prospect

Detroit

Make your own team and play against real players from around the world. Prove that you are able to lead your ice hockey or soccer team to victory. Build stadium and facilities, train, sell, buy players and much more. Don’t hesitate and join today.

http://www.powerplaymanager.com/r788

Thread Information