Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Slovenian championship 2007/08

IHF Member
    The game was closer than result suggest, but Mohoric really had a bad day - basicly, a fact that Olimpija was indeed an one man band during the EBEL campaign was proven again. Paul Healey had a great game, scoring twice and assisting three times. The attendance was lower than I expected, but I think the fact that the team hadn't have a chance to sell the ticket around the country (usually it's possible to buy tickets on every petrol station) had something to do with it (I guess there was no time to distribute tickets, considering it was less than 24 hours after the semifinals...). A lot of people complained that they were not willing to take a chance, coming to Jesenice without garanty of getting the ticket.
    Despite high difference yesterday, I expect closer game today. Fresh Jesenice players are still favourites, but Olimpija have their chances, if they improve defence - because their foreigners are clearly capable of creating something infront.

As far as I'm concerned, I hope today will be the last game in Jesenice for this season, but I doubt Jesenice will be able to sweep the series. Would be good, though :)

IHF Prospect
    yeh u do get an A tho lol
    im really sorry !

Is Westlund playing this series, or is his contract with Linz already in effect?

Without Westlund, the Dragons have no chance.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Brunengraber View Post
    Is Westlund playing this series, or is his contract with Linz already in effect?

Without Westlund, the Dragons have no chance.
    he is still injured, if he is fit he will play.

IHF Member
    HK Acroni Jesenice - HDD ZM Olimpija 6:1 (2:1, 3:0, 1:0) Jesenice leads the series 2:0

Jesenice, Podmežakla Ice Hall
    Attendance: 4000

Scorers:
    0:1 ZMO Elik (Intranuovo, Yarema; 3.)/PP1
    1:1 JES Healey (Kranjc, Stromberg; 7.)/PP1
    2:1 JES Varl (Kranjc, Goličič; 17.)
    3:1 JES Rebolj (Polončič, Terlikar; 27.)
    4:1 JES Pretnar (Varl; 31.)
    5:1 JES Polončič (Goličič; 35.)
    6:1 JES Kovačevič (Rebolj, Žagar ; 56.)/PP1

Penalties:
    Acroni Jesenice: 27 +10 (Stromberg) +20 (Terlikar)
    ZM Olimpija: 27 +10 (Groznik) +20 (Intranuovo)

IHF Member
    I don't understand why Olimpija's coach put injured Westlund on the roster instead of fielding another foreign skater?

IHF Member
    And why don't you put the rosters along side boxscore??!
    Results without rosters means nothing!

ROSTERS from second game of Finals:

Jesenice
    Kristan, Hočevar; Varl, Žagar, Pretnar, Healey, Goličič, Dervarič, Terlikar, Strömberg, Rebolj, Kranjc, Robar, Polončič, Nedved, Bekar, Vidmar, Hebar, Kovačevič, Hafner

Olimpija
    Mohorič, Westlund; Mitchel, Kužnik, Yarema, Elik, Hočevar, Petrilainen, Pavlin, Intranuovo, Vnuk, Kontrec, Cvetek, Groznik, Murič, Mušič, Zupančič, Loboda, Vedlin, Slak, Avgustinčič

IHF Member
    Well, in case of the final series of playoffs, I don't think it's really needed to put the rosters along side, but anyway, another great performance by Jesenice or another bad day for Olimpija. It's more than obvious Olimpija is not the same without Westlund. It's also mystery for me, why Westlund is on the roster, but I really doubt he even is injured - I believe he would be able to play, if he wanted to.

I watched game. Olimpija looked very tired to me. They didint play with those energy that we used to see from them in EBEL league.

IHF Member
    Here is a recap of the second game, basicly goals (first Jesenice goal is missing, while sixth is presented twice...) and two fights, a bit too long though.

IHF Member
    And for those who are more interested in slovenian hockey, here is a whole game number 2.

IHF Member
    HDD ZM Olimpija - HK Acroni Jesenice 1:2 (1:1, 0:1, 0:0) Jesenice leads the series 3:0

Ljubljana, Hala Tivoli
    Attendance: 4200

Scorers:
    0:1 2' PP1 Strömberg (Nedved)
    1:1 19' PP1 Elik (Intranuovo, Yarema)
    1:2 29' EQ Hafner (Kranjc)

Penalties:
    ZM Olimpija: 16 + 10 (Elik)
    Acroni Jesenice: 18

Acroni is only a step away from bringing the national championship trophy back to where it belongs - to Jesenice. Two free days gave Olimpija a chance, to freshen a bit and they were indeed much better. Kristan had a lot of work, but did a great job, as well as Mohorič on the other side. Todd Elik was a bit of a tragic player of the game - first he screwed up for Jesenice first goal, then he tied the game, but got a 10 minutes misconduct in 48th minutes, which was totally not needed.

Jesenice can finish the series tomorow in game 4. So far, the finals are not at all like predicted, so it might happen that Olimpija win the game. Who knows.

IHF Member
    Just to clarify, how things are going in Slovenia, which could at least somehow clarify the situation about Olimpija. Jesenice were unable (not allowed) to sign any of the reinforcements before the finals - they wanted to sign Razingar and Rodman brothers. Olimpija did that, before the game #3. They signed two goalies from HS Olimpija (their farm team), although the rules say it's not possible. In addition, Todd Elik was left out of the Olimpija roster before the game (they forgot to register him), but when they realised the mistake, they just wrote him at the end.

Anyway, the rules are being broken all the time, but Olimpija never get punished. That's why they were so upset, when EBEL took them a victory in the finals against Salzburg.

Jesenice decided not to appeal, but they released a press release about it.

IHF Member
    ZM Olimpija : Acroni Jesenice - Slovenian national championship, game #4 will be broadcasted live on the net. The game starts at 19:15 (one hour from now) and the link will be provided on the page right before the start of the game. It will be the first slovenian game to be broadcasted live on the net, so I expect some troubles (since there won't be a live coverage on national television, there should be a lot of streamers), but anyway...

you need a Windows Media with P2P technology supported.
    Last edited by kozorog; 09-04-2008 at 20:21.

IHF Member

Jesenice is champion!

HDD ZM Olimpija : HK Acroni Jesenice 1:2 ( 0:2, 1:0, 0:0) Jesenice swept the series 4:0

Ljubljana, Tivoli Ice Hall
    Attendance: 4200

Scorers:
    0:1 ACR Goličič ( 2.)
    0:2 ACR Healey ( Vidmar, 14.)
    1:2 ZMO Felsner ( Kontrec, Avgustinčič. 39.)

Penalties:
    ZMO 14 (2, 8, 4)
    ACR 10 (4, 2, 4)

IHF Prospect
    Jurij Goličič came from Jesenice to Olimpija!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information