Thread: Spanish Hockey Federation

IHF Member

Spain Spanish Hockey Federation

I received this announcement from the IIHF's Frank Gonzalez and it's my pleasure to share it with the IHF community:

----

Dear Friends,

It gives me great pleasure and joy to announce that the new Web page of this newly formed Federation of the Spanish Ice Sports - Ice Hockey Federation has been born as of today and during the Pre-Centennial year commemorating the 100 years of the IIHF, which gives us the more reason to be joyful of such an event.

As the President of the IIHF, Mr. Rene Fasel, mentions in our Web page, we sincerely hope that this new Federation with the guidance of our Spanish President, Mrs. Maria Teresa Samaranch, the Executive Committee of this Federation and all staff, athletes, Tecnical Staff, Officials, volunteers and everyone involved in our great Sport here in Spain and also in close collaboration with our member Countries known as our IIHF Hockey Family, will move hockey in this Country in the right direction, for which I especially thank the IIHF President, Mr. Rene Fasel and the President of the FEDH, Mrs. Samaranch for their support in bringing this to happen in a Country where most of the World still thinks that ice hockey in warm Countries such as ours will never happen and we are here to give it our best shot to change all that with more or less economic means, but with a heart full of pride and ready to work as hard as the next guy to develop the game in Spain!

Ladies and gentleman, as Rene says, happy surfing and although our web page is just starting out, we will try to input as much information as we can as we move forward so please bare with us and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your support towards the Development of Spanish Ice Hockey!

http://www.fedhielo.com

Spanish hockey is currently in serious troubles...I hope this new federation and finally a decent website can helps all the moviment...

IHF Member
    Having a federation dedicated to hockey and an improved vehicle for distributing news and information can only help.

IHF Member
    It's not dedicated to ice hockey, but to all ice sports (like Italy or like, fortunately no more, France)... which is still better than having skiing with it.
    That's the way it crumbles, cookie-wise

IHF Member

How to get ahold of the federation

I have emailed the Spanish Federation a few times over the past few months regarding a Spain National team jersey. I havent gotten a response ever. Ive emailed in both English and Spanish!

also another question. Is it possible to somehow get an FC Barcelona Hockey Jersey? Ive emailed them and they stated the players are the only ones who have them. Do they have a shop at the rink?

Thread Information