Thread: Belgrade Red Stars

Serbia Belgrade Red Star

I will have a very high level of interest in this team throughout the balance of this 2007-2008 season. Any specific game details will be very much appreciated by this "long distance" fan as there is a new acquisition on the way from Canada. Many thanks!!
    Last edited by CamNeelyphile; 05-11-2007 at 20:56. Reason: Busted by a moderator for a Canadian "posticon"

IHF Prospect

Serbia

Dear CamNeelyphile,

Thanks for interesting in our hockey club Red Star. I'll do my best to inform you about club standings in this season. For fast information, I kindly recommend this local site, where true funs, do a great job to keep site update... I'll sand you logo of our club, and I'll ask our "Canadians" to inform you about the experience playing for KHK Crvena Zvezda... I think you already now about Nikola Bibic, Kyle Zettler, and new goalie Dan Giffin... Sorry for my English...
    Best regards
    Ivan Savicevic

IHF Prospect
    Sorry, here's address www.hokej.beoport.net

Thank you Ivan, I look forward to your game reports and game details. Shots On Goal for each team is very helpful.

IHF Prospect
    Unfortunately, KHK Red Star plays with lot of oscillation in our matches… After brilliant play in Novi Sad, and win against the club with the same name, we played miserable game in Belgrade against leader in Pannonia league - Mladost (Zagreb, Croatia). Easy to say, Mladost was much better yesterday. Red Star show bloodless play on ice, after inaccessible 0:3 for Mladost… What to say about our Canadians… Ben King scored first goal in Novi Sad, our golly finally works up, congratulation to Dan Giffin, maybe the best player on the match. Nik Bibic… ordinary. Kyle Zettler, still best scorer in the team (7 goals).
    P.S. send me a private email address if you want to receive official reports from the games

It is my opinion that Red Star had made a great mistake by acquiring Giffin as their goalie.... I haven't seen a match in Novi Sad, but from what I've seen so far I can't help the conclusion that he's not better than an average Serbian goalie (allowed 5 goals in the 1st period when they played against Partizan). Ezzy played much better last year and, if they couldn't get any other goalie of his rank, than they should have thought of singing maybe Fedor Aranicki from Vojvodina or just satisfy with Djukic and young Arsenije. This way they wouldn't have problem with too many foreign players as they do now.

There's no point of bringing foreign players who nearly play like domestic....
    Sometimes we hurt the ones we love, other times we just hurt those who get in the way!

IHF Prospect
    Greetings to Cap Misha… Thanks’ for enjoying on our discussion about Hockey Club Red Star. Personally opinion, Mathew Ezzy has a great season in Red Star last year. Let’s try to explain situation with our goalies… Our first golly Petar Grman from Slovakia, get serious injury on first mach (on a very first start of the season). Last reports say, the Peter on good way to heal his hamstring. So, I’m agreeing with you that Dan, did not play well against Partizan, bat on the match against Novi Sad, was very good, and he played and against Mladost quite OK. Anyway, time will tell about Giffin…
    P.S. I would like to invite you on a match against Partizan Tuesday 27th at 17h.

Time will tell, but so far he has made some grave mistakes that goalie shouldn't let himself do. Unfortunately, I wasn't on RS' first game, against Mladost when Grman played(I went to watch Beostar- Vojvodina), but later I learned that he played really well those 10mins....

Of course I will come on Tuesday to watch that game ;)

BTW, when did we meet? :blushes:
    Sometimes we hurt the ones we love, other times we just hurt those who get in the way!

IHF Prospect
    Re: Actually not yet, just on hockey forum, but it’s really easiest to meet during the game in ice hall. I only wish to enjoy the forum and help with some answers to international funs of Red Star hockey team. Unfortunately, I will miss the game on Tuesday. I’m working in Red Star office, and I’m welcome to any of your questions about Red Star club. Very soon, we will promote our web site.
    Greetings to all our supporters

Ivan- Red or Dead? Or is it some other nick?

Why are you missing the game?

crvena zvezda's first game of the season, in which grman was seriously injured and arsa took over, was against zagreb, not mladost...
    first they ignore you...
    then they laugh at you...
    then they fight you...
    then you win!

Quote Originally Posted by baxus View Post
    crvena zvezda's first game of the season, in which grman was seriously injured and arsa took over, was against zagreb, not mladost...
    my bad....

Red Star lost, once again 5-2 to Vojvodina

Lousy play if Red Star continuous. Dan Giffin bad as always. I didn't see the first goal, but second was his and defenders' fault. Vojvodina player shoots from upper face-off line, the puck hits Giffin in the chest and rebounds back to the same Vojvodina player, directly on to his stick how puts the puck pass the still-kneeling Giffin. Third went goal through Giffins five hole. Last time he was lucky and puck went beside the goal behind icing line, but this time not.... Fourth went under Giffins stick.... That's for the goals, not to mention other mistakes. Fifth was an empty-netter when Giffin was out, Vojvodina player no.6 cleared the puck from his one 1/3, hit the boards near the RS blue line and puck reflected into the empty goal....

RS managed to nudge first goal in a mess in front of Vojvodina's goal, no.17, who scored the second one too. During 3/3, it was 4-2 for Vosa....

When the competition began, it seemed like RS has a fine team which can compete for the title.... Now eveything is not so bright....

RS won against the team of Beostar after shootout 4-3 (2-0 penalties).

So, finally I can say that Giffin did well! Zvezda lost to Partizan, mostly because of bad defensive players- domestic ones. Giffin made some good moves, but he still has a problem with quick standing up and controlling the puck- rebounds. All in all he did very well, congrats to him. :thumb up:

IHF Member
    I noticed Juraj Dancsak often scored for Crvena Zvezda in the beginning of the season, but never appear in latest play-offs stats. What happened to him ?
    That's the way it crumbles, cookie-wise

He got into a fight with a teammate, Marko Prokic, who was traded from Beostar to Crvena Zvezda after the Christmas brake and got his nose broken. After that incident he returned to Slovakia and didn't want to play anymore here. Prokic got a suspension.

I've just come back from Novi Sad and Crvena Zvezda- Vojvodina match for 3rd place which Zvezda won after the shootouts 3-2.

Both teams played very well, Zvezda scored first but lost the lead midway through the first (if I remember correctly) and at that point result was 2-1. In the second period Jovic Rus managed to score and tie the game so third period both teams struggled to score for the win, but none did. In the OT Vojvodina was trying to score, but Zvezda's goal was to keep the puck and wait for the penalty shootout.

Goals for Zvezda scored Kosic and Rus (Zettler was denied by Aranicki) and for Vojvodina Nadaski (Pajic and Fournier were denied by Giffin).

Just one remark: If it weren't for Giffin Zvezda would easily lose this game. I'd love to see him back next season!!!

Ivan Savicevic,

Can you update us on the progress of the Crvena Zvezda website please?
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________

Congratulations on the third place finish after a season that featured the gutwrenching loss of Zoran Katalina, internal strife and the recent illness of the team owner. The players rose above all of these problems and had a successful conclusion to the 2007-2008 season. The defeat of Partizan in Game 1 of the playoffs was tremendous and it would appear that the only stiff opposition that the newly crowned 2008 champions faced in their playoff run was in fact from the Crvena Zvezda squad.

I will be very interested to see which players will return for next season and if there will be any alterations to league format or import quotas for the 2008-2009 season?

Thank you to all the IHF forum members on here for their continual updates. This "long distance" fan certainly appreciated hearing any and all information in regard to this and other Serbian/Panonian league teams.

So far it is certain that Zettler and Bibic will be joining Zvezda next season too, but King probably not- I have some information that the management of Zvezda aren't satisfied with his performance. Like I already said, it would be great to see Giffin back too....

2011/2012 season - U23?

I got some information that Hungarian junior championship will be this year in new format "u23" where is possibility for hk Crvena Zvezda to join this league (last season junior league was made on rules "u21"). I put this news on "slapshot" - serbian forum with link of information (most info will be after 15.august).

link:
    http://jegkorong.blog.hu/2011/08/01/...uniorbajnoksag

p.s.
    Hope that hk Crvena Zvezda will join this league, and find some sonsors to help them in the future. I know that situation is not so good but here is good chance for organizing - all the best from me.

Bassa.
    Last edited by BASSA; 19-08-2011 at 15:56.
    Serbian hockey
    Senior 2A - U20 2B - U18 2B

There is no information about hk crvena zvezda and its joing U23 HUN league. Also there is nothing about their participation in Srb league. It seems that the financial situation is extremely bad and that the time when they have money passed. Last season was played with many difficulties but situation is not better even now, maybe it's worst.

p.s.
    Interesting is to note that the player Nikola Bibic was willing to play first season in Slohokej for hk Partizan for 1500e/month (source: "slapshot srb forum") but it is not accepted by hk Partizan. Only question is how much money he had when he played at hk Crvena Zvezda? - if he was so free to ask for 1500e/month (contract in Slohokej is 8 months, and prize is 9th paymant).

I don't remember that any player in hk Partizan, first season, had contract higher than 1000 - 1200e/month in Slohokej. Second season in Slohokej was better but only for high class players.

p.s.
    I hope that new young guys have similiar contracts like 2007/08 and 2008/09 was in hk Crvena Zvezda, and hope for better days in future.

Nikola Bibic (2007-08, 2008-09)
    http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=69877
    Last edited by BASSA; 19-08-2011 at 18:24.
    Serbian hockey
    Senior 2A - U20 2B - U18 2B

Banned
    Zvezda's owner has lots of money. But he's not investing in it. All clubs in Serbia are run by an oligarch I think. And so the club depends solely on the oligarch's willingness to invest and prop up the club.

Vojvodina - Pajic - when he left the club collapsed.
    Partizan - Milovanovic - Probably funds the club for his son's entertainment, as the son plays on the team.
    Beostar - Novakovic - Basically built the club and Belgrade's second arena. But, he's not too rich, and so the club has not gone to the next level yet.
    Zvezda - Djakovic - Another oligarch, perhaps on the same level as Partizan. But, he probably invests the bare minimum as he does not care about hockey - what's stopping him probably the political obligations. He also has a son who is a bit younger, so if the son continues hockey when he is older, perhaps Zvezda might have a decent senior team again.
    Novi Sad - Pavicevic - The club totally collapsed when this mafia oligarch banker got put in jail for financial troubles.
    Spartak - they don't have anything it seems... not even an Arena and thus barely exist under such difficult conditions.
    Vitez - they're trying to start something... difficult situation though, no big money behind them.

Thread Information