Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 101 to 117 of 117

Thread: Conti Cup in Grenoble

  1. #101
    IHF Staff Davide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Manaus, Brazil
    Posts
    14,069
    Quote Originally Posted by APOLLYON View Post
    Congratulations for Danish team.
    Unfortunately Poles don't have good enough league to compete in Europe.
    uhm...I think Podhale was really unlucky this year with draw...he played in an impossible group with Torpedo and Yunost. Look, instead, at Tillburg group: Mladost,Dunajvaros and Energija Elektrenai. Probably Podhale won easily this group...

  2. #102
    IHF Member tanman9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    3,932
    Here's how bad the IIHF website is, I was checking out the their website throughout the weekend to see what's going on. Guess what, absoutly nothing about it. I'm not big into this tournament, but this is stupid to have nothing on it. At least have final scores and a short summary on the game. They seriously need a new website and NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    To check out ice hockey from a Lone Star Prespective, check out my blog at www.texasicehockeyexpert.blogspot.com

  3. #103
    IHF Staff Davide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Manaus, Brazil
    Posts
    14,069
    Quote Originally Posted by tanman9 View Post
    Here's how bad the IIHF website is, I was checking out the their website throughout the weekend to see what's going on. Guess what, absoutly nothing about it. I'm not big into this tournament, but this is stupid to have nothing on it. At least have final scores and a short summary on the game. They seriously need a new website and NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Normally our forum is million times more informative then IIHF site...

    They promised a complete restyling and a new site opening on nov.29....we'll see...

  4. #104
    IHF Staff Davide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Manaus, Brazil
    Posts
    14,069
    Grenoble - Aab Aalborg 2-3 so (0-1, 2-0, 0-1, 0-0,0-1)
    15:22 0-1 Rasmus Olsen (Dejan Matejic)
    28:22 1-1 Sacha Treille
    36:15 2-1 Viktor Wallin (Ludek Broz, Jimmy Lindström) PP
    57:42 2-2 Alexandr Macijevski (Thomas Reinert)
    SO: Hecquefeuille 0-0
    Macijevskis 0-1
    Lindström 0-1
    Semjonovs 0-1
    Forsander 0-1
    PIM:6x2 - 8x2+1x10(Blomqvist) SOG:38-26

    Any idea of attendance and best players?

  5. #105
    IHF Member Dimash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Minsk, Belarus
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide View Post
    Grenoble failed
    Aalborg scores!
    Grenoble failed
    Aalborg failed
    Grenoble failed


    Aalborg win the game and flies to Riga!

    Great result for DAN hockey, but great game from both teams
    LOL Ak Bars is really in peril now :)))
    Life is a game

  6. #106
    IHF Member Dimash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Minsk, Belarus
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by APOLLYON View Post
    Congratulations for Danish team.
    Unfortunately Poles don't have good enough league to compete in Europe.
    on, come on! your team was not that bad competing with probably 2 best teams of the whole cc 'sorting' campaign. you managed to beat torpedo and could even advance to the cc semifinals. unfortunately for your team yunost retained high motivation for some unknown reasons, so bad luck. i really doubt the danes could perform better in that same 'group of death'.
    Life is a game

  7. #107
    IHF Member Irate-Pirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The High Seas
    Posts
    255
    I'm sure they won't, but Ak Bars-2 could travel to Riga and be in with a chance of winning....

  8. #108
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    743
    Yes, of course, Ak Bars -2, which plays in Pervaya liga, would defeat a top Vysshaia Liga like Ust-Kamenogorsk


    Aalborg defeated Salzburg which has a better team than Ustinka (on paper...)
    That's the way it crumbles, cookie-wise

  9. #109
    IHF Member Dimash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Minsk, Belarus
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Yes, of course, Ak Bars -2, which plays in Pervaya liga, would defeat a top Vysshaia Liga like Ust-Kamenogorsk


    Aalborg defeated Salzburg which has a better team than Ustinka (on paper...)
    lol, the guys from salzburg have no aces in their sleeves when it comes to a rendezvous with a kaz team. so they might draw whatever they want on paper (since paper won't blush :))) ) but in reality they are losers.
    Life is a game

  10. #110
    IHF Staff Marc Brunengraber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Islip, New York
    Posts
    9,944
    It's ridiculous to think that a Pervaya liga team like Ak Bars-2 could win the Continental Cup. Upsets can and do occur, of course, but that simply would not happen.

  11. #111
    IHF Member Alessandro Seren Rosso's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Turin, Italy
    Posts
    2,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Salzburg has a better team than Ustinka (on paper...)
    Can't agree at all
    My articles at The Hockey Writers

  12. #112
    IHF Member Irate-Pirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The High Seas
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Brunengraber View Post
    It's ridiculous to think that a Pervaya liga team like Ak Bars-2 could win the Continental Cup. Upsets can and do occur, of course, but that simply would not happen.
    I was exaggerating of course! Of course upsets happen, you only have to look to last year to see that.

    I just think Ak Bars will win all three games with ease.

  13. #113
    Banned STOLBUN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    495

    IHWC

    Quote Originally Posted by Irate-Pirate View Post
    I was exaggerating of course! Of course upsets happen, you only have to look to last year to see that.

    I just think Ak Bars will win all three games with ease.
    ...just like Omsk do it last year :P...

  14. #114
    IHF Staff Marc Brunengraber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Islip, New York
    Posts
    9,944
    Stolbun raises a good point......but Irate-Pirate is correct in that if Ak Bars plays up to their full potential and treats all of the games as important, they should win easily, barring a major upset.

    I do not know if Omsk really played hard last year against Yunost or not. If they did, then congrats to Yunost for a big upset. If they did not, then shame on them for not treating the tournament seriously.

  15. #115
    Banned STOLBUN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Brunengraber View Post
    Stolbun raises a good point......but Irate-Pirate is correct in that if Ak Bars plays up to their full potential and treats all of the games as important, they should win easily, barring a major upset.

    I do not know if Omsk really played hard last year against Yunost or not. If they did, then congrats to Yunost for a big upset. If they did not, then shame on them for not treating the tournament seriously.
    well,they were with full roster and had advantage on SOG...so Yunost made big upset last year

  16. #116
    IHF Staff Marc Brunengraber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Islip, New York
    Posts
    9,944
    Good for Yunost, then! Top Belarussian teams are very good, easily Vyshayya Liga level, maybe even better. It was a big upset, but not completely shocking like, say, if Medvescak knocked off Omsk. :-)

  17. #117
    Banned STOLBUN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Brunengraber View Post
    Good for Yunost, then! Top Belarussian teams are very good, easily Vyshayya Liga level, maybe even better. It was a big upset, but not completely shocking like, say, if Medvescak knocked off Omsk. :-)
    wow...easy boy... ;)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •