Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Croatian Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
    Crnčić Andro (1993.) - Harrington College
    Crncic moved from Harrington College to another school in New Bruinswick, Rothesay Netherwood , playing in a Varsity league

Quote Originally Posted by Davide View Post
    Crncic moved from Harrington College to another school in New Bruinswick, Rothesay Netherwood , playing in a Varsity league
    Anybody saw him playing in US?He wasn´t the best one in his club in Croatia...
    Games from Croatia live at :

http://www.icedominator.posavec.com.hr/

On the start of the new season one of the best Croatian players Borna Rendulić i playing terrific for Assat U20 in Finnish U20 league. In first 7 games he has 14 points (6+8) which makes him not only the most succesful in his team but also the third most succesful players in whole league.

Just for record, last season he had 18 points in 31 games, now 14 in just 7. Great improvement.

Some rumours even say that from now on he will play in Mestis league for Jukurit.
    If that's true that's incredibly good news for Rendulić and also for Croatian hockey.
    Hokej u Hrvatskoj ima svijetlu budućnost SAMO AKO mjerodavni ljudi rade svoj posao kako treba - Pršljen
    Hockey in Croatia has a bright future ONLY IF relevant people do their job right - Pršljen

IHF Member
    No Mestis for Rendulic for now. Confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreone Shoelaces View Post
    No Mestis for Rendulic for now. Confirmed.

I love those confirmed inside informations...

http://jatkoaika.com/smliiga.php?sivu=uutiset&id=12710

IHF Member
    He was supposed to go to another club, not this one ;)

assist for the 1st goal in win at TuTo

Great start for Rendulić. In his debut for new team SapKo he grabbed an assist and helped them win 6-3 at Tuto.
    He did really great things in the short time this season. If he continues this way maybe even debut in Sm liiga isn't so unrealistic.
    Hokej u Hrvatskoj ima svijetlu budućnost SAMO AKO mjerodavni ljudi rade svoj posao kako treba - Pršljen
    Hockey in Croatia has a bright future ONLY IF relevant people do their job right - Pršljen

IHF Member
    Sakic (2012 late round draft pick) 5 games 10 points as a 17 year old captain of KAC in austrian U20 champs.

oh boy.

Sakic (2012 late round draft pick) 5 games 10 points as a 17 year old captain of KAC in austrian U20 champs.

oh boy.
    As much as I would cry like baby when he would be dressing jersey of team that picked him, that is very, very, long shot ;-)

In three games so far in Mestis Croatian prospect Borna Rendulić has one assist. He's playing in third line of team SapKO where he is on loan from Assat Pori U20 team where he wwas best scorer and also the among the league top scorers.

Also great season for Marko Šakić from KAC Klagenfurt U20 team. In six games so far he has 1 goal and 10 assists which makes him the best on his team and 11th in whole league. And he's only 17. Great season for him so far.

In Slovakia Petar Trstenjak is also having nice season with Slovan U20 team. He is captain there and leads his team in points and assists. 12 games (4 goals + 10 assits), 9th overall in league.

On the same team defender Borna Šilović played 7 games and has 4 points (1+3).

After "adventure" in Medveščak and EBEL Krešimir Mate Tomljenović continued his play in Zvolen U20 team. He got injured in next game but it's not very serious I think. He so far played in 6 games and has 88% saves. Will be better in future, definitely.

Defender Luka Marković is part of Duka Trenčin's U20 team. He played 13 games and has 3 assists.

In U18 Extraliga Mislav Rosandić plays for Dubnica. In 9 games he has 7 goals and 6 assists, he's 2nd best in points on the team. Even with three games less than all the others he's currently on the 20th in the league's best scorers. We can only hope that he will play for Croatia in future, it would be disaster for us to lose such a prospect. He's very young, we can hope that he will change his mind and decide to play for Croatia not Slovakia.

In U15 Dubnica team plays Mislav's younger brother Vilim Rosandić. He played 4 games so far and has 90% of saves.

There are four Croatian prospects in Austria this season. Best of them Marko Šakić is already mentioned in my previous post.

Luka Vukoja is with Red Bull U18 team playing Rookies cup wwith Czech teams. In 9 games he has goal and 4 assists.

In his first season abroad 15 years old Fran Gjoni plays for Graz U17 team and so far recoreded 7 points (4+3) in 9 games.

Karlo Škec is VSV U15 goalie, I can't find his statistic. Only found oout that he played 4 games and that his team is first in Western group of the championship.

This season Croatia also has 4 prospects in Czech Republic. Three of them are part of Znojmo U18 team which plays 1.liga U18 competition. In 8 games so far forward Robert Cerovečki has 4 points (2+2) and other forward Filip Jarčov has 6 (3+3). Defender Viktor Cerinski is still without points.

In U16 Extraliga defender Ivan Puzić plays for Vitkovice. In 8 games so far he has 4 assists.

We have two players in Germany, Tommy Raknić and Philip Dretar but couldn't find their statistic in junior Bundesliga.

EDIT: I just found statistic by our prospects in Germany. Tommy Raknić is defender in Eisbaren Berlin U20 squad and has no points in 9 games.
    Philip Dretar is also defender, it's his first season abroad. He plays for Bietigheim - Bissingen in U20 Bundesliga. He collected an assist in 5 games so far.
    Last edited by Pršljen; 21-10-2011 at 11:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Pršljen View Post
    Karlo Škec is VSV U15 goalie, I can't find his statistic. Only found oout that he played 4 games and that his team is first in Western group of the championship.

I doubt you´ll find his stats, ´cause Austrians are not counting saves for u15 games.

I´ve asked his dad if he knows, but he can only say roughly minutes in play and goals against.

Hi, guys, do you know whether there´s any truth to the rumors that Mislav Rosandić will travel with the Slovak U17 to Finland for the 3 games against Finland U17? I´d much rather see him play for Croatia tbh.

Also, nice to see the early succes of Marko Šakić over in Austria, but looking at the stats leaders, I see that a Slovak forward who last year based on stats only seems to have been an average player in the Czech U18 league at best, I have to wonder about the quality of this league and what Marko´s stats really mean....
    25th of June 2015 - Worst day in the history of modern hockey in Slovakia

See you in 2019...perhaps...

I have confirmed information that Rosandic got SVK citizenship (still holds croatian as well), but even if he goes with U17 to Finland he is still long way from Slovakian IIHF team :). Last season Nemecek from Dubnica, who destroyed U18 league with near 90 points were not at Slovak roster for U18 WC. So, let's hope that same will happen with Rosandic. The worst thing could be that he plays one-or two official game for Slovakia and because of that he can't play for Croatia in future(playing for Slovak youth teams is not garantion that you will be on their senior team one day).

I don't know how good austrian youth league is, but looking at profiles of austrian ebel, impact, players they all played austrian U20 league. Plus that, Sakic is two years younger and currently is top scorer of all 1994. born players in U20 league. It would be nice if some AUT member can give us more information on this league.

p.s. Sakic is captian of U20 team :) non-austrian captain of KAC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dex View Post
    I have confirmed information that Rosandic got SVK citizenship (still holds croatian as well), but even if he goes with U17 to Finland he is still long way from Slovakian IIHF team :). Last season Nemecek from Dubnica, who destroyed U18 league with near 90 points were not at Slovak roster for U18 WC. So, let's hope that same will happen with Rosandic. The worst thing could be that he plays one-or two official game for Slovakia and because of that he can't play for Croatia in future(playing for Slovak youth teams is not garantion that you will be on their senior team one day).

I don't know how good austrian youth league is, but looking at profiles of austrian ebel, impact, players they all played austrian U20 league. Plus that, Sakic is two years younger and currently is top scorer of all 1994. born players in U20 league. It would be nice if some AUT member can give us more information on this league.

p.s. Sakic is captian of U20 team :) non-austrian captain of KAC.
    About Nemček, well considering that he´s now playing with Bystrica´s men´s team, you could say that it was a mistake not to take him with the U18 team. Also we´re playing only Div I A this year and the 94 class kinda sucks, so I expect more underagers with the team, but even with that there are statistically a bunch of kids in the 95 (one case even 96) class ahead of him both in U20 and U18 league and plus there´s the kids abroad as well. But he could made it for the 2013 U18 IHWC. If that were to happen though, he could possibly play for Croatia in the future for the men´s team, the 4 year rule would apply for him, wouldn´t it?

About the U20 league, the mentioned Slovak player is a 93 born, so probably not one of the oldest players either. Yeah, impact players in EBEL I can understand, but what I´m doubting are his chances for the NHL draft, it´s hard to get drafted into the NHL when you´re playing the Slovak and Czech junior leagues, both better leagues than the Austrian U20 league and also definitely heavier scouted.
    25th of June 2015 - Worst day in the history of modern hockey in Slovakia

See you in 2019...perhaps...

Borna Rendulić continues with great performances this season and currently has 5 points (2+3) in 8 games for bottom Mestis team SapKO. He's the youngest player on the squad and if he continues like this I'm sure that SM liiga debut isn't far away from him.

Marko Šakić also continues his run in Austrian U20 league.With another three points KAC captain now has 3 goals + 12 assists in 8 games.

I also want to mention great start of the season for Team Zagreb U16 selection. The team is composed from best players from three Croatian clubs (Medveščak, Mladost, Zagreb) and plays in Slovene U16 league. In the league there are 6 Slovene teams, 1 from Croatia and from Serbia. Serbian and Croatian team play all games as visitors except against each other.

After 4 round Team Zagreb has 3 wins and one defeat in extra time. They are currently second in the competition. Needs to be mentioned that they beat Olimpija in Ljubljana which is with Jesenice powerhouse of Slovene hockey.

These results show how good Croatian 95/96 generation is, especially players from KHL Zagreb which lead the team.

that is great generation for Cro hokej. We´ll see how will they develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Pršljen View Post
    Borna Rendulić continues with great performances this season and currently has 5 points (2+3) in 8 games for bottom Mestis team SapKO. He's the youngest player on the squad and if he continues like this I'm sure that SM liiga debut isn't far away from him.
    I also wish for a bright future for Borna but to be honest he has still work to do to play in SM-liiga. He has the skill and eye for the game but as you probably know, he still need to develop his mentality. He has taken some bad timed penalties this season and sometimes he tries to deke every single player on the ice forgetting there are team mates also. But nothing compared with how he played in WC in Zagreb because in Finland he would play U-20 Division II or III with such efforts. No better teams would accept that kind of performances. I've seen by side many talented players who wasted their talents on everything else than practising and now they play in division II-III or have retired instead of almost guaranteed place in SM-Liiga. At least in SM-Liiga.

In Zagreb he said his goal this season is to play in SM-Liiga. I met him in August and he told me that he aims for the spot in Mestis this season and as a young player one must play well to earn a spot there. The game is faster and better organized than in U-20 SM-liiga and scoring points in Mestis and getting reasonable time on ice proves that he can survive in Mestis. If he really wants, he will make it to SM-Liiga also.

Thanks for the comment, first hand info is very much appreciated.
    Latest news say that he is back with Assat U20 squad, no SM liiga for him. For now.
    He has the ability for that step, I think that's not the question. We can only hope that he will change his attitude on the ice and that he will become more a team player.

It happened sooner than I expected but I'm sure he deserved it. Borna Rendulic will make his debut in SM-liiga tomorrow against Lukko Rauma.

IHF Member
    Playing in a 3rd line with Niemi and some other guy.

Now officially one of the best / highest level playing hockey player.

IHF Prospect
    Does someone know how tall Ivan Puzic is??

something about croatians prospects in Europe, USA and about John Hecimovic in Japan

http://www.hrsport.net/analize/43276...rvati-vode-pak

Matija Milicic (15), prospects from KHL Zagreb, also play for Team Zagreb in Slohokej, at the end of Youth Olimpics Games in Innsbruck he take 6. place in final skills challenge. Good work Matija.

http://www.hrsport.net/vijesti/43258...-biti-jos-jace

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/WYOG2012...0_C74B_1.0.pdf
    Goran Bezina - Croat

OK, definitely not a prospect but a player abroad...as we don´t have a topic for Croatians playing abroad I´ll post it here.
    Igor Jačmenjak played his first game in Turkey against ANKARA B.B MAÇI and in 21:1 win scored 3 goals and had 7 assists.

dont know if anyone is interested, but:
    tomljenovic in the net for zvolen today, in the second u20 slovak finals game (against kosice)
    Per aspera ad Astra. [42]

Borna Rendulic has a try-out contract with SM-liiga team HPK Hämeenlinna. They will make the decicion of signing him in August. The CEO of HPK said that they gave him opportunity because he did well with Ässät U-20 team but couldn't play too many games with Ässät senior team.

According to this announcement from the Federal Hockey League, a Croatian will be participating in their free agent camp that runs August 8-12.

Anyone know who it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    According to this announcement from the Federal Hockey League, a Croatian will be participating in their free agent camp that runs August 8-12.

Anyone know who it is?

I would say that guy is not from Croatia...
    anyways, anyone know who it is?

Great news from Finland. Borna Rendulić "survived" try out in HPK and will sign a contract with them these days.

IHF Member
    Pero Trstenjak returned to Zagreb and will play EBYSL and practice with senior EBEL team (?) rumour

Pero Trstenjak returned to Zagreb and will play EBYSL and practice with senior EBEL team (?) rumour
    A news like that should be by itself removed from topic prospects!

IHF Member
    Rosandić Mislav is on SVK u18 roster.

Good job kid!

IHF Prospect
    Rosandić Mislav is on SVK u18 roster.

Good job kid!
    http://www.slovakprospects.com/repre...vensky-obranca

IHF Prospect

18.1.2013. was incredible day for Croatian prospects playing abroad.

In his 18th game for HPK this season Borna Rendulić scored one goal and added two assists. It was his third game as a first liner. Now he has 3 goal and 3 assists this season.

In his 6th Extraliga game Luka Marković earned a first point. It was goal in Dukla's away win against Skalica.

In 9th game for Detva in Slovak 1.liga Dominik Kanaet scored a goal. That was his 5 point so far, he has 3 goals and 2 assists.

Great thing is that this season Croatia has four players who are playing on senior level abroad. Two of them are in top level leagues, especially Rendulić who's success is incredible. Mario Sertić is in French 3rd overall league and Kanaet is in Slovak 2nd.

Mario Sertić has been released from Francais Volants I believe because they had to cut spending. Either way this looks promising for the future for Croatian hockey, this is surely the right path in the long run combined with a few naturalized players, not mass-naturalization.

Yes, Sertić was released but apparently he was back in the lineup and has played in their last match.

Fran Gjoni (1996.) from Graz99ers (last season U17, over 100pts in 33 games) to SaiPa U18.

Not exactly a Croatian prospect but American/Croatian dual nat Harry Radovich will be attending training camp with the Southern Professional Hockey League's Pensacola Ice Flyers.

IHF Prospect

Croatia

Croatian players (with first or second nationality) abroad: season 13/14

Europe : http://www.eliteprospects.com/stats_...9&continent=EU
    North America : http://www.eliteprospects.com/stats_...9&continent=NA

I have to wonder how many of those players in NA actually hold Croatian citizenship, as opposed to being entitled to take it if they so choose. Or even, possibly just having a Croatian-sounding last name and someone saying that "yeah, he's Croatian"...
    Mostly, I'm talking about guys who've never played a game there, and clearly didn't grow up there: Oreskovic, both Gazdics, Valek, Sarich, Radovic....

IHF Prospect
    Valek played in Croatia and his youth team is Mladost Zagreb http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=2935

IHF Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by gretzky99 View Post
    Croatian players (with first or second nationality) abroad: season 13/14

North America : http://www.eliteprospects.com/stats_...9&continent=NA
    here is missing Janko Supih Kvaternik : http://achahockey.org/player_profile...league_id=1061 and who is currently the top scorer of his team

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information