• SUI vs FRA - France will win

3 4.92%
  • SVK vs NOR - Slovakia will win

56 91.80%
  • SVK vs NOR - Norway will win

2 3.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Day 2 - Saturday May 3rd - BLR vs SWE, GER vs FIN, SUI vs FRA, SVK vs NOR

IHF Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Karsten View Post
    Oh yes, Hansi Zach - der Alpenvulkan. Never understood this symbol. Aren't the Alpenvulkans all extinguished?

Btw, not the best start for Germany here in the 3rd. Finland up 4-1 + now on the PP.
    calling him Hansi might eventually cause an eruption...
    Zach is a 100% Hans, totally un-Hansi I would say. He was actually rumoured as a candidate for Austrian nat. coach - that would have been great, he's an alpine icon.

Uuuuuuh, 5-1!!!!!!!

5 very nice goals by the finns... It was pretty interesting to see finns play pp with 5 attackers:D...Specially the first pp line is fantastic, cause we got O.Jokinen & Hyvönen(both of the own a hard shot+ they shoot from the different sides) then Selänne, M.Koivu and Peltonen. It worked quite well.

But to talk about the game swe vs blr, sweden didnt look good at all. Tellqivst was terrible...

good game by finns,although I think that result would be closer that Germans didnt allow those SH goal.

Now SUI-FRA....oh I love this. On my PC SUI-FRA,on my TV Montreal-Philly on my laptop EHM 2007 and NHL 2008...HNIC(HOckey night in Croatia)

Should be a low scoring game between SUI and FRA what with the most prominent NHLers on both teams being their goalies.... SUI are up 1-0 on a nice goal.
    ■■■■■■■■■■■□□□ NOW LOADING

Japanese hockey, Asian sports, and whatever else:
    http://jhockey.wordpress.com/

IHF Member
    Swiss dominated the first period. 20-6 shots, 2 nice PP goals, first after a nice pass from Bärtschi by former-Ottawa draft Roman Wick. Second one by Julien Sprunger after a rush from captain Sandy Jeannin.

Swiss are far better then France. They are totaly outplaying them.

3-0 swiss...nice one-timer by Bartschi

Scores and 1st round group standings after day 1

Group A

Belarus 5 Sweden 6 (1-2, 3-2, 1-2)

Switzerland 4 France 1 (2-0, 1-1, 1-0)

Group C

Germany 1 Finland 5 (0-0, 1-2, 0-3)

Slovakia 5 Norway 1 (1-0, 2-1, 2-0)

Group A
    #TeamWOTWOTLLPTSGF-GA
    1Switzerland100034-1
    2Sweden100036-5
    3Belarus000105-6
    4France000101-4

Group C
    #TeamWOTWOTLLPTSGF-GA
    1Finland100035-1
    2Slovakia100035-1
    3Germany000101-5
    4Norway000101-5

Day 3 Games
    Group B
    Latvia VS. Canada
    USA VS. Slovenia

Group D
    Czech Republic VS. Russia
    Italy VS. Denmark
    To check out ice hockey from a Lone Star Prespective, check out my blog at www.texasicehockeyexpert.blogspot.com

It was like 5 vs 2 for 60 minutes against France. That's how it felt watching Switzerland all over France, and Huet just keeping pucks out.

Huet I think was named star of the game or star for France.

Switzerland played ok, but I expected so much more. Maybe Huet was the difference or it's just first game enigma's.

I thought Germany started well playing a very defensive game but. They adjusted to the NHL size ice so well - I'm sure Selanne and teammates thought so too after being leveled a few times. But on the offensive front Germany seemed to not know what to do with the puck in the neutral zone - where there wasn't a lot of room with which to carry it in. They aren't quick enough to play the dump and chase so I don't know what they'll do to address the offence needed.

I know it's early but I wasn't overly impressed with Finland's play. I'm sure it will improve though. I thought goaltending on both sides was pretty good.

IHF Member
    A bit borring and disappointing scores. I haved hoped more from both Germany and France.

The big game last night Sweden vs Belarus didnt say much about Belarus future in the championship. Belarus lost 5-6 against a lame, week and zombinized Sweden. Sweden was like I predicted a lame and week team, not so much in the offensiv but the defence was not lame it was zombinized , I wounder if Tellqvist and the outher zombies got some brain after the game.

But somthing come out:

1. Sweden have the weekest, lamest and zombinized team since 1992

2. Sweden are a strong gold contender

3. Belarus can not win against Zombies

Its looks very good now for Sweden, its looks allways good when a Sweden team start a tournament this way. Sweden at its best are a slow starter and at its pike when we come in to the QF:s. 87, 92,06 OG...so its looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowie View Post
    Hey, is it the first time you're watching "smaller rinks"? And do you want to say that European games are better than NHL? For me btw there aren't "smaller rinks", there are normal rinks, European are "bigger" :)
    Of course I've seen clips from NHL games, but not longer passages. This game just reinforced what I've felt watching NHL highlights, that there is less thought and more force in the game.

I don't dispute that NHL is the best league in the world, but I personally don't like that style of play.

On the bigger/smaller issue, let's just say that we have different vantage points.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post

1. Sweden have the weekest, lamest and zombinized team since 1992

2. Sweden are a strong gold contender

3. Belarus can not win against Zombies
    well in that case belarus had a pair of zombies in defence (Kolosov and Zhurik) + one hell of a zombie between the pipes (Koval). to sum up, swedish zombies should be grateful to their belarusian colleagues for a favorable outcome.
    Life is a game

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimash View Post
    well in that case belarus had a pair of zombies in defence (Kolosov and Zhurik) + one hell of a zombie between the pipes (Koval). imo, swedish zombies should be grateful to their belarusian colleagues for a favorable outcome.
    Yes Belarus have a zombie in goal. Whit Andrei Mezin Belarus have won 1-2 goals.

Belarus got lucky tonight Montreal are out so the team will be stronger to the games against Switzerland and france. I think Belarus this year have a big chans on a QF spot and in the QF everthing can happend.

Yes Belarus have a zombie in goal. Whit Andrei Mezin Belarus have won 1-2 goals.
    Belarus got lucky tonight Montreal are out so the team will be stronger to the games against Switzerland and france. I think Belarus this year have a big chans on a QF spot and in the QF everthing can happend.
    that, what i was thinking. Yes, Belarus had very bad goalie I think he's not goalie really, he just happens to be between the pipes. Tellqvist was not good either. Belarus would get few nhl player now, interesting to see what happens, but goalie has to be better.

Team Finland Beat Team Germany ..but the edge in noise goes to the German fans, they out sang the Finnish contingent..in fact for almost the last period without rest!! they were still singing when i left downtown at midnight
    It seemed like a good idea at the time officer

Quote Originally Posted by welmu View Post
    that, what i was thinking. Yes, Belarus had very bad goalie I think he's not goalie really, he just happens to be between the pipes.
    Can't agree with both of you. Right, Koval was far from to be perfect, he isn't Mezin, but he made a couple of good saves (so the score could be bigger) and also - don't forget that - it was the very first game of Koval on such level.

Has it in fact been confirmed that the Kostisyn brothers will join the team for sure? I'm very excited about this, it should create some interesting matches..

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Has it in fact been confirmed that the Kostisyn brothers will join the team for sure?
    Yes. And Grabovsky as well.

I certainly agree that the Swedish team has come off as a weak and bleak looking. But as i have said every year; the preliminary games just gives us a look at which teams have succeeded or failed with their lineups. I always give it 3 to 4 games before stating something conclusively about the future, even if the teams do come off as strong at the very beginning. It all depends.. A team that seems strong at first, might just have met an opponent who are still workin on ironing out the wrinkles, the next meeting might be completely different... It has always been like that during the years i've watched this lovely game ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Aldair View Post
    Can't agree with both of you. Right, Koval was far from to be perfect, he isn't Mezin, but he made a couple of good saves (so the score could be bigger) and also - don't forget that - it was the very first game of Koval on such level.
    his first game, but it doesn't change nothing, he was bad. Every goalie makes couple of saves every game, scores could be bigger every match. Basically you can say same thing every goalie out there

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information