Thread: Playing for South Africa

IHF Prospect

South Africa Playing for South Africa

how hard is it to make the SA national team? I seriously think I could make it. I have lived in Detroit for 15 years, and played hockey for 14 of them. I am pretty sure i could make it.

Quote Originally Posted by hehatemefrisbee View Post
    how hard is it to make the SA national team? I seriously think I could make it. I have lived in Detroit for 15 years, and played hockey for 14 of them. I am pretty sure i could make it.
    What level of hockey have you played, what is your citizenship situation, and don't think the team's THAT easy to make. There are some pretty skilled players who've worn the South African jersey.

And do you comply to the IIHF eligibility rules?

http://www.iihf.com/channels/iihf-wo...igibility.html

Graham.
    "It's very hard to talk quantum using a language originally designed to tell other monkeys where the ripe fruit is."
    ---
    "Night Watch", Terry Pratchett

Questions

Btw according to the IIHF Eligibility rules:

* Each player must be under the jurisdiction of an IIHF member national association.
    * Each player must be a citizen of the country he represents.

So let's say that if a person has been playing in a non-sanctioned beer league in N.America, then he becomes a member of a national association/federation(ex. Hockey Canada, USA Hockey and etc.), will this person still be eligible to play? If he's a citizen of country A and becomes a member of his country's national association/federation, will he still be eligible to play for country A?
    Waiting for Thailand to participate in world championships

Strictly speaking, no, as a non-sanctioned league should get you suspended for life from the IIHF. However, as long as he doesn't have citizenship of any other country, then realistically, yes. The previous leagues you play in are not of any concern, only that the league you play in now qualifies you.

Graham.
    "It's very hard to talk quantum using a language originally designed to tell other monkeys where the ripe fruit is."
    ---
    "Night Watch", Terry Pratchett

IHF Member
    hehatemefrisbee..

are you born in SA?

Thread Information