View Poll Results: Who will win between Sweden and the Czech Republic?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Czech Republic (E2) will win

20 64.52%
  • Sweden (E3) will win

11 35.48%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: QF1: Sweden 3 vs Czech Republic 2 (OT)

IHF Member
    An unfair result in my mind. The second swedish goal should never have counted that sort of Sean Avery bush league has no place in international hockey.....

Can u tell i just lost money on this game?? :-D

During the game... Weinhandels goal =

But i tend to agree with above speaker, the Czechs did dominate the game from the start. But it was a relief to see the good old Swedish iron will to even the score, and go for victory. Either way it was a very even game. My sympathies for the Czech fans, i know all to well how heavy a loss feels in any final. Hockey tends to be fun all the way til you reach the finals, from that point on you bite your nails, swerve between certainty and uncertainty and sometimes ending up leaving the TV. At least on this end lol

Now, if we're up against Canada....

hats off to swedes, they did it again, and surprise surprise, lucky goal in the end...

"week and lame" yeah..
    Last edited by welmu; 15-05-2008 at 01:35.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Tre Kronor did its lamest game since the open game against Belarus....but Czech.Republic was a joke on ice...I think Czech.Republic have done the lamest game in the World Championship so far...Thank God Tre Kronor stop the pain and burried the Czechs.

The big problem whit Sweden and Czech.Republic are both team allways see hockey as a game of Chess....but at last Czech matt.

Now Sweden once again needs to step up against Canada. If Sweden have played Canada today Canada have won 2-3 maybe 4 goals...
    If Sweden had palyed Canada today they would have played a totally different kind of game. Sweden against Czech Republic will always be a tactical game where both teams wait for the other team to make mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Tre Kronor did its lamest game since the open game against Belarus....but Czech.Republic was a joke on ice...I think Czech.Republic have done the lamest game in the World Championship so far...Thank God Tre Kronor stop the pain and burried the Czechs.

The big problem whit Sweden and Czech.Republic are both team allways see hockey as a game of Chess....but at last Czech matt.

Now Sweden once again needs to step up against Canada. If Sweden have played Canada today Canada have won 2-3 maybe 4 goals...
    Sorry, but i don't agree in any way with what you just said. The game was anything but bad from both ends, they just didn't take any chances and decided to play tactical. If you want to see a bad game from Tre kronor, you should watch the game against the Swizz, not because we lost. But the whole thing was sloppy, slow and messy puck handling. The Czechs played really well in my oppinion, fast and energetic.

And indeed the game is like Chess, it's just a matter of discipline and different approaches. Fun and stylish hockey is great to watch, but it opens up the defence and gives the opponent chances to take out keyplayers and check the king. The key is using appropiate openings and strategies according to the opponent. All teams have their nemesis that they always have a hard time defeating.. The Czechs are always a close call. The teams we have constant problems with are Canada and Russia, and Belarus is also prone to be a problem.
    Last edited by Tyrfingr; 15-05-2008 at 08:01.

IHF Prospect
    I think this was very good game and I enjoyed to watch. Two tactical team playing very strict hockey - although not so exciting for fans as some speedy "hawaji-hockey".

What comes to the decisive moments of the game, I think Czechs correctly protested the equalizer goal. Clear goaltender interference from my point of view.

Overtime goal was quite a lucky bounce also. But in this kind of game luck is needed...

Very nice, very nice, Tre Kronor! Now freeze those proud Canadians!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    That means that you can hit him without even having the puck? Doubt it. If he would have done that with any other player it would have been an interference, why not with Hnilicka?
    Can you stop that messing up things. It wasnt called so get over it. Clearly The swed was out of the goalie area and hnilicka bumbed in the player and then he tried to film and get a penalty. I think it was the right desicion. And also I've seen the czechs play and the just cant stand pfysical game and everytime they try to film. They fall down so easily and that DOES NOT BELONG TO HOCKEY .

I love my country and i love Weinhandl, Hörnqvist, Lundqvist and Nilson:D but against Canada hmm we dont have a brief of chance i think.

[QUOTECan you stop that messing up things. It wasnt called so get over it. Clearly The swed was out of the goalie area and hnilicka bumbed in the player and then he tried to film and get a penalty. I think it was the right desicion.[/QUOTE]

I'm a bit curious as to the reactions to this decision. I can't see any mention of it in papers here in Sweden, is there any reaction anywhere regarding this decision?

Quote Originally Posted by Bennison View Post
    [QUOTECan you stop that messing up things. It wasnt called so get over it. Clearly The swed was out of the goalie area and hnilicka bumbed in the player and then he tried to film and get a penalty. I think it was the right desicion.
    I'm a bit curious as to the reactions to this decision. I can't see any mention of it in papers here in Sweden, is there any reaction anywhere regarding this decision?[/QUOTE]

it was greatly frowned upon by sports radio around here. and sports radio didn't talk too much about the tournament (of course focussing on the NHL playoffs), but they'v ebeen paying more attention since the second round of the tourney.
    and this call did not meet the media's approval.

Selanne: you're right, it doesn't belong in hockey. I mean, this is HOCKEY! Not soccer....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information