View Poll Results: Who will win between Finland and Russia?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Finland (F2) will win

18 46.15%
  • Russia (E1) will win

21 53.85%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SF1: Finland vs Russia game thread

Just want to see what Eric will say now, because there is no dubt now that Finland si a WORLD CLASS team. Guess Russia must by Universal class
    "It is hard to see a black cat in a dark room, especially when it isn't there."

4-0!
    well, we've avenged for Moscow-2007. With reserve :)
    Salavat - green rockets!

Well done by Russia! Maybe this time they finally will make it till the end, to get the first gold since 93... If Canada win tonight - we get the greatest 100 IIHF years final one can think about!!!

Congrats Russia! They really played great defensively. That's the way they can beat even Canada.
    Aqua jacta est

Hate to admit but Russia was clearly better team tonight. Yet, calling the victory _easy_ implies the commentor hadn't seen the 60mins of hockey game, just the goals..

Finland didn't play physical (clean hits etc) as expected, like they did against both North-American teams, making pressure to the defense. In the meanwhile, team Russia played very disciplined defense and in overall with a very clever strategy as a team. Finland worked hard and so was slightly controlling the game for the first two periods (even though 0-2 down after 2 periods) but Russian scored very effectively out of just a few chances. Third period was just hanging around.

Anyways, congrats Russia!

Finland fights back for bronze, watch out..

Quote Originally Posted by selanne View Post
    I am getting sick of you. Can you please stop that. Russia has only 1 win too. I'm sure thats what been said about hockey in your country where there is only propaganda and kommunits so shut our f*** up. Nightmare the mister everything know comes from Romainia where the knowledge of hockey is on such a high level.

If you cannot behave like normal people then f*** off. As you know you are a one silly person.
    I have nothing against Finland or the finnish, or the swedish, or anyone else for the matter! I just like teasing Eric, because his views are, for me, a bit narrowminded. I don't mean to insult anyone, and understand that you are a little pissed off because your country lost, but are you sure you should insult me like that? I think i should be the one asking for penalties after what you just said, but won't because of the reasons i just mentioned. And just for your info, Romania isn't under a communist regime for about 18 years, me being 21, you might get the picture about how much communist my education was/is, as i am a student of Electrical Engineering still.

Jep congrats, well what can I say. Their tactic was suprising but exelent. They defended all the time very well and on very few attacks they scored. Finland did score on their chanches and didnt deserve to win. Still I think Finland dominated but couldt get anything out of it. It was their turn to win after they have lost so many times against us in QF and SF.

Quote Originally Posted by Selanne
    Masters can you please do something about nightmare
    Not sure, can you refer to a specific post where he violated the board rules? I can refer to several where you did. I understand your anger, it is never fun to lose in the semis, but...

Anyway, I am not a moderator, and as long as they are not here I suggest we all keep it cool.

I have to agree with some of the comments here. It feels like it has been ages since the last time, but tonight Russia really played as a team. A very deserved win.

And if everything goes well..from a neutral stand, we can look forward to two great medal games.

Ok guys, let's keep this simple and on topic and not resort to anything else.
    There is no such thing as a "Bad Hockey Market"
    There are, however, several markets with "Bad Hockey"

International Hockey Forums on Social Media:
    https://twitter.com/ihf_forums
    https://www.facebook.com/ihf.forums

IHF Prospect
    Russia really outplayed suprisingly lame Finland today. Nice payback for them for the last year's SF. Couple killer-counter-attacks with nice finishing. I still think Russia has to really improve in the final when meeting the predicted team Canada.

Nightmare: You should really behave. It's just hockey, don't take it too seriously.

Anyway, congrats russia! If you meet Canada in the final, I hope you will win

Quote Originally Posted by selanne View Post
    Still I think Finland dominated
    In the first period only.
    In the second and third periods there was a clear domination of Russian team.
    Salavat - green rockets!

I only saw parts of the game due to work. Russia really surprised me (and Team Finland) and played great defensive game with stingy counterattacks. That's how they got a 2-0 lead. If Finland had gotten the first goal the Russians would have had to open their game and the match could have turned out differently. Doug Shedden didn't seem to find a way to counter this Russian strategy.

Last time I remember Russia playing defensively was in the 2002 IHWC. Back then too they reached the final. Maybe the Russians should consider making this tactic the norm.

In any case I am now really hoping for a Canada-Russia final. The two best teams in the tournament and history would be made for sure. Either a host team wins for the first time since 1986 or Russia wins for the first time since 1993.

Nearly forgot, Congrats to Russia! I'll be cheering for you no matter who is your opponent in the final.
    "Lord Baelish, what you suggest is treason."
    "Only if we lose."

A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin

IHF Prospect
    Great, the best game! Finland was good, but Russia better. Hope Finland take 3-rd place. Sweden team outsider between 4 final teams.

congrats russians! "bunker" hockey has been succesful in this tournament so far :)

hey, selanne, relax... :D we lose, and opponent was just way better

Very nice by Russia, there is no doubt Finland is over exhaustive with this years team. Perhaps it's time for Finland to start rebuilding, like Sweden is doing, the team is Veteran (keep Saku though )

Russia I had no doubt would reach the end, perhaps another team would have upset them, but it is the do or die and that changes mentality.

I know Russians are hoping for a win, but it's in Canada, can't support a gold for you guys this year.

Quote Originally Posted by kun View Post
    Very nice by Russia, there is no doubt Finland is over exhaustive with this years team. Perhaps it's time for Finland to start rebuilding, like Sweden is doing, the team is Veteran (keep Saku though )

Russia I had no doubt would reach the end, perhaps another team would have upset them, but it is the do or die and that changes mentality.

I know Russians are hoping for a win, but it's in Canada, can't support a gold for you guys this year.
    i don't like word rebuilding when speaking at national teams, we pretty much had our best available players, and this time it was just not enough. And being at top 4 is not too bad. Bronze is still a medal

Reestablish then the team energy.

Quote Originally Posted by kun View Post
    Reestablish then the team energy.
    game was just too early, i mean clock was there in canada someting like 2-4pm.

IHF Member
    Russia played like the Czechs against Finland a very suprising victory for Russia. Russia will now play its 3 World championship final in the countrys history, well done Russia.

great game - great tactics, great players. We should stop Canada )

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Russia played like the Czechs against Finland a very suprising victory for Russia. Russia will now play its 3 World championship final in the countrys history, well done Russia.
    Russia is the one that has inherited the Soviet Union's and CIS' history, so it's not their 3rd final, more like something over 30th final. If Quebec will become independent(very plausible) will Canada lose all it's silverware? Doubt it, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Russia is the one that has inherited the Soviet Union's and CIS' history, so it's not their 3rd final, more like something over 30th final. If Quebec will become independent(very plausible) will Canada lose all it's silverware? Doubt it, really.
    It's the 3rd time for team Russia to be in the final.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    It dosent matter that IIHF have done, Russia arnt Soviet its two diffrent things. I think the same of Czechoslovakia, Czech.Republic and Czechoslvoakia are to diffrent things. The glory of Soviet belongs to Soviet and the glory of Russia belongs to Russia no less and no more.

Its like to say the crimes against humanity made by Soviet are inherited by Russia. Its not, Russia are one nation and Soviet are a other historical nation no longer existing. Soviet stoped to exist on the 8 of december 1991.

Russian can look back in its dominated roll in the Soviet hockeyprogram whit pride but its to diffrent programs whit to diffrent cultures and two diffrent nations.

And its only the 3 time Russia are in a World Championship final and Russia have still only one win.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information