Thread: What do you guys think about this stick!

What do you guys think about this stick!

What do you guys think about this three sided stick....
    http://www.trilage.com/

Head coach

i'm not sure what you mean by "three-sided"...

it's tapered and rounded for a better grip... at least without gloves on. when you got the gloves on the difference doesn't look like it would be immensely noticeable.
    certainly it hasn't helped their spokespersons all that much. Darcy Tucker as their top player representative? didn't he just come off a godawful season?

I also take great issue with their sales pitch around Trevor Daley. The language didn't sound right to me, so I dug into his stats:

"The TZ4 made its first appearance in the NHL 2003/2004 season with Trevor Daley of the Dallas Stars, who was formally with the Utah Grizzles. When Trevor first used the TZ4 he scored 2 goals in less than two minutes. He scored over 9 goals within two weeks, twice as many goals as he had scored in the whole season with the Griz."

In 2003/04 played 27 games for the Stars and only scored 1 goal. He scored 8 goals in 40 games with Utah the same season. So, the 9 goals was spread over his AHL and NHL team, not with the Stars as implied in the text. And, as for "twice as many goals as he had scored in the whole season with the Griz", he only ever played those 40 games with the Griz, so this statement is downright deceitful.

Interesting that they don't note that after his "fantastic" start with the stick in the NHL, he spent the whole of the next season in the AHL.

If a low-scoring player like Trevor Daley is your prime advert and you are having to embellish what he has actually done, you are in real trouble. To me, it just sounds like trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

Graham.
    "It's very hard to talk quantum using a language originally designed to tell other monkeys where the ripe fruit is."
    ---
    "Night Watch", Terry Pratchett

Haha great research Graham. Looks like this stick is a must-have :-)

Thread Information