Thread: question about a SA player..

IHF Member

South Africa question about a SA player..

I have a game worn SA jersey. it is an mid-late 90s . the players name is "Swart" and the number is one. This makes me think its a goalie. But does anyone know anything about this particular player? what years they played? what level?

I'd reccomend contacting the federation. They probably would have had a roster with this player on but they've updated the site and there are many things not yet implemented. It has an IIHF anniversary patch (or looks to be one, 90th?), but I can't seem to recall which season that was used in.

http://www.saicehockey.org.za/Contact%20Us.htm
    Bringing ice hockey to Northwest China!

I'm the hole formerly known as KazakhEagles

IHF Member
    ok thank you. i sent them an email. Ive also sent many in the past about jerseys but theyve never answered any of them...

IIHF

His name is Anthony Swart (b.1978). He played for the Flintstones (1993), Randburg Flames (1994) and later for Pretoria Capitals (1997 and 1998). Swart helped Pretoria win its first title in 1997 and was voted the best goaltender that year. Your jersey is probably from the junior world championships.

Does he still play? I haven't seen his name before, but from what you wrote, he couldn't be a poor goalie. In recent years, the SA national team have been a Berger/Brothers Bock lockout (except for 2007 interloper Zayne Campbell-Hall).
    Bringing ice hockey to Northwest China!

I'm the hole formerly known as KazakhEagles

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Orr View Post
    His name is Anthony Swart (b.1978). He played for the Flintstones (1993), Randburg Flames (1994) and later for Pretoria Capitals (1997 and 1998). Swart helped Pretoria win its first title in 1997 and was voted the best goaltender that year. Your jersey is probably from the junior world championships.

very very interesting. Thank you for the info!..

IHF Member

Swart

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Orr View Post
    He played for Blades U20 in 1996 and for Capitals U20 in 1997. He played also for Can-Am in 1998 (3 games for Capitals and 5 games for Can-Am).

IHF Prospect

South Africa

yes! thats my jersey! number 1!is it the blue jersey or yellow one,the yellow jersey i wore to the world championships in Bulgaria,the blue one was from the world championships in Lithuania
    I think in those two championships i saw more rubber than i saw my hole career.I also played in a roller tournament in Vegas for Can-Am of which we won a bronze medal!How did u manage to get my jersey?

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boomba View Post
    yes! thats my jersey! number 1!is it the blue jersey or yellow one,the yellow jersey i wore to the world championships in Bulgaria,the blue one was from the world championships in Lithuania
    I think in those two championships i saw more rubber than i saw my hole career.I also played in a roller tournament in Vegas for Can-Am of which we won a bronze medal!How did u manage to get my jersey?

hey Anthony!..

please email me at aferra9@rochester.rr.com

Id like to talk to you about your jersey!! I am the one who owns it.

Thread Information