Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Worst Hockey teams of All Time

IHF Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Smith View Post
    This could be interesting. Our friends the Stingers have now gone their first four games of this season with an 0-4 record. They have been outscored 32-6 in those four games.

Not including their exhibition schedule, (they lost all three exhibition games this year) the Stingers franchise has been winless since Dec. 29, 2007. That's 75 straight games, including playoffs. I am not aware of futility like this in any organized junior B or higher league. Anyone else?

I will be fascinated to see how much longer this record goes on, and whether, at some point, the team itself will survive the season. The team does, after all, have to draw some fans and who's going to pay to see loss after loss after loss?
    Big news for Stinger fans: they got a point for a shootout loss last week. They're still 0-9-1 this season, so their winless streak is now extended to 81 games, but you have to take your positives where you find them!

IHF Prospect
    Here's your update for the Stingers. They won a game!! The record for the 09/10 season now stands at (1 - 25 - 2). A 3-2 win over the Cyclone Taylor Cup Hosting team Oceanside Generals ( 16 -12 - 1). Previous to this game the stingers also earned an overtime loss point versus the first place Victoria Cougars (23 - 3 - 5). So it appears they are making strides.

Also I know of a team in Ontario, the Frontenac Flyers which went ( 0 - 34 - 0). I believe they are on course this year for another pointless season. The league is the Empire B Jr C League in Eastern Ontario.

IHF Prospect

Stingers Win!

After 91 games without a win, going back to late 2007, the Westshore Stingers won a hockey game last night, beating the Oceanside Generals 3-2 at home last night. The Junior B team's record this year is now 1-25-2.

IHF Member
    In terms of top-level IIHF tournaments in recent times, I always think of the time Japan played in the World Junior Championships in 1993.

Russia 16 Japan 0
    Finland 7 Japan 0
    USA 12 Japan 2
    Sweden 20 Japan 1
    Czech-Slovak Republics 14 Japan 2
    Canada 8 Japan 1
    Germany 6 Japan 3

as well as Poland in 1987 in the same tournament...

Soviet Union 7 Poland 3
    Sweden 15 Poland 0
    USA 15 Poland 2
    Canada 18 Poland 3
    Czechoslovakia 9 Poland 2
    Finland 13 Poland 3
    but in their last game...Poland 8 Switzerland 3 (!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information