Thread: How to get to Heerenveen

IHF Prospect

How to get to Heerenveen

Im planning on making a trip to Heerenveen to watch a game.

Im coming from England on the ferry from Hull to Rotterdam, I was just wondering how I would be able to get from Rotterdam port to Heerenveen by train, Is there a station at the rotterdam port, or would it be easier for me to get the bus straight to Amsterdam ?

Any help on local hotels would be nice too!

Thanks in Advance

From the port of Rotterdam you should take a bus to the central station, Rotterdam Centraal. From here it is a 2½ hours traintrip. There are 2 trains a hour: one direct train and one with a change at Amersfoort. Single is 27,10 euro and dayreturn 39,50. There are also (39,50 euro) weekendreturns valid between friday 19.00 and monday 4.00. Heerenveen has a few hotels which are not cheap. Note that Heerenveen is a small city of 28.000 inhabitants. The Thialf icerink is very far from the citycentre and public transport is not that good so a cab might be your only option. Tickets are very easy to get as matches never sell out.
    Nederlandse IJshockey Bond
    www.nijb.nl

Thread moved to The Hockey Tourist Forum. scoobster, you were in the right place (Benelux) but I think this is a better place for your thread. No hard feelings
    Bringing ice hockey to Northwest China!

I'm the hole formerly known as KazakhEagles

Thread Information