Thread: Kriss Grundmanis

IHF Prospect

Kriss Grundmanis

I am trying to locate where Kriss Grundmanis is playing for the 2008-2009 season...if anywhere......my son loves this player and has been tracking him since his days with the St. Michael's Majors of the OHL. If you know where he is at these days, please let me know.

He's in the farmclub of Dinamo Riga. HK Riga 2000.

IHF Prospect
    How is he? Does he have a future there?

Kriss apparently had an ECHL contract lineup up for this season, but he sustained a serious wrist injury which required surgery just before the season began. Hopefully he'll have recovered enough to make the trip to the World Juniors next month. Some guys I talked to said he has a shot at being team captain if he makes it. As far as I know, he's only training with Riga 2000 to get back into game shape, he doesn't appear on their roster.

IHF Prospect
    Who was the ECHL contract with: I know he was with Dayton Bombers last year and played well. Hopefully the wrist heals and we see him in North America playing soon.

Not sure which ECHL team it was with, although I would assume it was Dayton. Either way, he has now signed a contract with Riga2000, but will only begin playing with them after the World Juniors. He is practicing with the squad and will be making the trip to Ottawa this Friday. They have an exhibition game against some of the younger members of the men's national team tomorrow.

Thread Information