Thread: Bern-Zurich/Kloten 2009 meeting with IHF members/ QUESTIONS about Bern/Kloten and SUI

2009 IHWC Bern-Zurich/Kloten 2009 meeting with IHF members/ QUESTIONS about Bern/Kloten and SUI

Hello everyone,

Have just read our discussion of the meeting during the IHWC in Moscow in 2007, and decided to create the new thread to plan the meeting in Swiss and discuss everything concerning Bern/Kloten. We have some good members from Swiss here who can help us in this.

First of all, let's write who will visit the World Forum and in what terms.
    *** We'll be there from the first game (Russia-Germany) to B1-C2.
    As if Russia plays in Bern, we will be close to Bern too.

So, all ideas concerning meeting and any other questions I offer to discuss in this thread.
    "Keep nothing in your house that you can't use or don't find beautiful" W.Morris :smart:

I will be in Bern for SWI-Group games (on FRI, SUN an TUE). But most probably I will also stay during the weekend (i.e. 24th - 26th) and thus SAT, 25.04., would be the ideal day to meet and explore the city together... And if DAN as Bern insider shouldn't be able to join, then surely one of my 3 cousins living there could give us some insider tips where to go and what to see...

2009 IHWC

Quote Originally Posted by Andi View Post
    I will be in Bern for SWI-Group games (on FRI, SUN an TUE). But most probably I will also stay during the weekend (i.e. 24th - 26th) and thus SAT, 25.04., would be the ideal day to meet and explore the city together... And if DAN as Bern insider shouldn't be able to join, then surely one of my 3 cousins living there could give us some insider tips where to go and what to see...
    Maybe it'll be better to choose 28.04? Russia-Swiss game and after that Germany-France, so it's possible to celebrate the end of the Preliminary round for all teams... :)

Have just found a good beer shop where there's even Russian beer:
    http://www.beerworld.ch/index.cfm?hm...Beerfinder&z=1

P.S.: Baechi, I've also found Calanda there!!! :)
    "Keep nothing in your house that you can't use or don't find beautiful" W.Morris :smart:

2009 IHWC How to get to the Kloten Arena from Zurich

BTW, can someone from our Swiss members tell the best way to Kloten Arena from Zurich HBf?!
    We have found one way, but will be glad to use any other route there. :)

Easiest way is suburbian train S7 from Zürich Hbf to Kloten station in 15 Mins. and then it's about a 5-7 Mins walk to the arena. Trains are running every 30 Mins.

You can also take an intercity (IC, ICN) or S16 to Zurich Airport and then there are 4 buses to "Kloten Schluefweg" or surroundings. From there it's maybe a 3-5 mins. walk.
    The whole journey takes about 30-40 Mins., but it's running more frequently (around every 10 mins).

All possibilities you can find here:

http://www.sbb.ch/en/index.htm

by typing
    to: "Kloten" or "Kloten, Schluefweg"

Alert

Quote Originally Posted by Andi View Post
    Easiest way is suburbian train S7 from Zürich Hbf to Kloten station in 15 Mins. and then it's about a 5-7 Mins walk to the arena. Trains are running every 30 Mins.

You can also take an intercity (IC, ICN) or S16 to Zurich Airport and then there are 4 buses to "Kloten Schluefweg" or surroundings. From there it's maybe a 3-5 mins. walk.
    The whole journey takes about 30-40 Mins., but it's running more frequently (around every 10 mins).

All possibilities you can find here:

http://www.sbb.ch/en/index.htm

by typing
    to: "Kloten" or "Kloten, Schluefweg"
    Thank you, Andi.
    The route through Airport is something we have not found. S16 seems to be the most easy foa a big company, I think. ;) Especially free of charge!!!

ThanX to Baechi I know how good SBB works! :)

IHF Member
    Does anyone know a favourable overnight stay in Bern or around this town while the WC for the 24/25 and may be 26 April?

2009 IHWC

Quote Originally Posted by Barmaley View Post
    Does anyone know a favourable overnight stay in Bern or around this town while the WC for the 24/25 and may be 26 April?
    And what's the price you are searching for?
    Try this site: http://www.rooms.ch/index.cfm?nav=ho...TOKEN=76523635

Best check these pages for accomodation and further infos about the city:

For Bern:
    http://www.berninfo.com/de/welcome.cfm

For Zurich:
    http://www.zuerich.com/de/welcome.cfm

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIN View Post
    Maybe it'll be better to choose 28.04? Russia-Swiss game and after that Germany-France, so it's possible to celebrate the end of the Preliminary round for all teams... :)

Wow! You know I like Calanda very much.
    Sorry I was for a long time not on this page. In the future I will often be here. So if you have questions about Swiss, just ask here.

I will be in Berne during the whole IHWC. We will make a meeting like in Moskow,
    somewhere in a good restaurant?

We all are icehockey fans

Switzerland

Quote Originally Posted by Baechis View Post
    Wow! You know I like Calanda very much.
    Sorry I was for a long time not on this page. In the future I will often be here. So if you have questions about Swiss, just ask here.

I will be in Berne during the whole IHWC. We will make a meeting like in Moskow,
    somewhere in a good restaurant?
    Of course, Baechi!!! Don't forget that we'll be with Tux (one Hotel for Russian-German company, think he has already told you about this), so good BEER restaurant will be the best choice!!! I DO want to see the WHOLE your Family and all guys from Arosa and Bern!!!
    Say Hi to everyone I know!!!

IHF Member

Russia

And what's the price you are searching for?
    Try this site: http://www.rooms.ch/index.cfm?nav=ho...TOKEN=76523635
    For example 35-40 CFR. like in young hostel in Bern were acceptable.
    any idea?

IHF Member

Russia

Quote Originally Posted by swiss_chris View Post
    Best check these pages for accomodation and further infos about the city:

For Bern:
    http://www.berninfo.com/de/welcome.cfm

For Zurich:
    http://www.zuerich.com/de/welcome.cfm
    It's very informative pages. Thanks a lot.

IHF Prospect
    Hello all,

I am a Canadian student currently studying in London and have decided a trip to Zurich Kloten to see Canada play is a must!! I will be there from the 28th-30th of April. Does anyone know of any cheap accomodations (student cheap!) or have room for a friendly hockey loving Canadian? Even a couch would do! Thanks!

Also, how long does it take by train to get to the arena from the Airport? Only arriving flight I can find gets in at 3:20...could be tough to make that 4:15pm game!
    Last edited by DanHD14; 03-02-2009 at 20:01.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DanHD14 View Post
    Hello all,

I am a Canadian student currently studying in London and have decided a trip to Zurich Kloten to see Canada play is a must!! I will be there from the 28th-30th of April. Does anyone know of any cheap accomodations (student cheap!) or have room for a friendly hockey loving Canadian? Even a couch would do! Thanks!

Also, how long does it take by train to get to the arena from the Airport? Only arriving flight I can find gets in at 3:20...could be tough to make that 4:15pm game!
    I'm Not from Zurich. But I stayed once in the youth hostel there. A lot of young people! Open 24 hours. Look at this page! Before the hostel you have a bus or you walk 10 minutes to the "Tram" station.
    http://www.youthhostel.ch/fileadmin/...RH_Zuerich.pdf

IHF Member

This beer shop is right in the railway station. I never have been there, anybody knows details about this shop?

http://www.railcity.ch/01_0005

It's tough, but doable with some luck:

Considering a 10 mins flight delay, 25 mins for passport control/baggage claim and 7 mins to find the bus terminal, you might just make it on time:

Zürich Airport, arrival hall dep. 15:55 7 Mins. walk
    Zürich Airport, Bahnhof (Bus terminal) arr. 16.02

If you should have a game ticket already, then show it to the bus driver (public transport to and from arena is included), otherwise make sure to have at least CHF 2.50 ready:

Zürich Airport, Bahnhof (Bus terminal) dep. 16:03 Bus no. 731, direction: Buchhalden
    Kloten, Schluefweg (Bus stop) arr. 16.10

Then it's a 400m walk to the stadium (3-4 mins fast walking) and if you should have a ticket already and not too much baggage to be checked by the security at the entrance, you could make it exactly until 16.15 (Swiss timing :-)...

However, check flight times again - there are at least 30 flights daily, so I am pretty sure there will be a more convenient one...
    Last edited by Andi; 05-02-2009 at 17:04.

IHF Prospect
    That sounds like it is definitely do-able with some luck. I do have the tickets already so I think I will go ahead and book that flight!! I'm more interested in the Canada game that night anyhow so a few minutes of missed action in the early game is ok I suppose. Much thanks for the information. Cannot wait for the Tournament!

2009 IHWC

That sounds like it is definitely do-able with some luck. I do have the tickets already so I think I will go ahead and book that flight!! I'm more interested in the Canada game that night anyhow so a few minutes of missed action in the early game is ok I suppose. Much thanks for the information. Cannot wait for the Tournament!
    Don't you want to watch Russia-Canada game?! ;)

IHF Prospect
    I would do anything to see a rematch of last years final of course(with a different result)!! Unfortunately my funds simply cannot withstand staying in Switzerland for that long so will have to watch the rest of the tournament online. I hope the Thrashers move Kovalchuk to a playoff team!!

IHF Member
    Here some Expensive Hotels in Switzerland where the teams will stay!

Hotel Möwenpick Regensdorf: Canada
    Hotel Renaissance Kloten: Finnland and Slowakia
    Hilton: Czech Republic, Belarus and Norway
    Mövenpick Airport: Danmark and Hungary

Hotel Allegro Bern: Switzerland, Sweden, USA and Russia
    Hotel Bern: Germany and Austria
    Hotel Ambassador: France and Latvia

IHF Member
    Zur Eishockey-WM Eröffnung gibt es Gratiskonzerte in Bern
    Bern - Wie bei der EURO 2008 kommt die Bevölkerung von Bern und Umgebung auch anlässlich der bevorstehenden Eishockey-WM in den Genuss von Gratiskonzerten auf dem Bundesplatz. Dies allerdings nur am Eröffnungswochenende vom 25./26. April.

An diesem Eröffnungsfest werden Stars wie Stephan Eicher und Bligg auftreten, wie Stadt und Kanton Bern bekanntgaben. Der Samstag ist für Pop und Rock reserviert, am Sonntag folgt volkstümliche Musik - beispielsweise mit einem Auftritt der Berner Sängerin Francine Jordi.

Noch mehr Erinnerungen an die Gratis-Konzerte und die Ambiance während der EURO 2008 dürften in Bern wach werden, wenn am Sonntag auf dem Bundesplatz erneut eine Grossleinwand aufgestellt wird. Darauf wird das Spiel Schweiz-Deutschland projiziert. Es wird aber das einzige Spiel sein, das auf Grossleinwand gezeigt wird.

Das Berner Rahmenprogramm für die Eishockey-Weltmeisterschaft beginnt schon am 4. April mit einem Ländermärit auf dem Waisenhausplatz. Vetreter aus sieben Teilnehmer-Nationen werden dort kulinarische und künstlerische Attraktionen bieten.

Finanziert wird das Programm vom Verein Eishockey-WM 2009 Bern, der aus dem Verein EURO 2008 Bern hervorgegangen ist. Er besteht aus 13 grossen Berner Unternehmen sowie dem Kanton und der Stadt Bern. Insgesamt stehen laut Projektleiter Marcel Brülhart rund 600 000 Franken zur Verfügung.

Bern ist mit 32 von total 56 Spielen Hauptaustragungsort der Eishockey-WM in Bern und Kloten, die am 10. Mai enden wird.

hope you understand everything.

IHF Member
    WC Song by KROKUS, oh yeeahh, let's rock!

http://www.blick.ch/people/schweiz/k...dem-eis-113873

Switzerland

Quote Originally Posted by Baechis View Post
    WC Song by KROKUS, oh yeeahh, let's rock!

http://www.blick.ch/people/schweiz/k...dem-eis-113873
    I'm sure they will bу on a concert, so will be glad to hear to Swiss rock band!!!

IHF Member
    They have played in Bern some months ago in front of over 30`000 Fans in the Wankdorfstadium (Stade de Suisse). I dont think, that they will play again there:(

http://krokusonline.seven49.net/seve...&IDCMainQueue=

Switzerland

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    They have played in Bern some months ago in front of over 30`000 Fans in the Wankdorfstadium (Stade de Suisse). I dont think, that they will play again there:(

http://krokusonline.seven49.net/seve...&IDCMainQueue=
    Es tut mir Leid... :(

Don't forget that we'll be with Tux (...), so good BEER restaurant will be the best choice!!
    What do you want to say with that?

Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    - www.anne-emscher.net -

Thread Information