Thread: Salaries in Serbia.

IHF Prospect

Salaries in Serbia.

hello.what salaries are in Serbian League?any bonuses?what teams provide?thanks.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickson View Post
    hello.what salaries are in Serbian League?any bonuses?what teams provide?thanks.
    Here are some informations that i know, but that aren't 100% correct

Foreign players have about 1000-2000 euros, depends of quality, but for the next seson there is a lot of problems, the finasial crisis is also efect our hockey.
    Good domestic players have 500-1000 euros, the rest of players maybe about 200-300 euros, and many of players even less., or nothing
    Bonuses are only a nice wish, nothing else...

That is what i know

IHF Prospect
    thanks a lot for the info!

IHF Prospect
    so i'm guessing the players have another job and hockey is just a part time thing ?

IHF Prospect

Salary

Hello i live in Canada but i was born in serbia and i am a serbian citizen. And i wanna play in the serbian hockey leigue what would my salary be. And i also have one more question i have a friend he is very good at hockey but just not enough to make it to the CHL (canadian hockey leigue) And he wants to see if he can play in the serbian leigue. So my question is if he can play in the leigue and if he cant what is the salary he is fully canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by Serb View Post
    Hello i live in Canada but i was born in serbia and i am a serbian citizen. And i wanna play in the serbian hockey leigue what would my salary be. And i also have one more question i have a friend he is very good at hockey but just not enough to make it to the CHL (canadian hockey leigue) And he wants to see if he can play in the serbian leigue. So my question is if he can play in the leigue and if he cant what is the salary he is fully canadian.
    All information about money in Serbian hockey you can find at Serbian forum:
    http://www.forum.hokejsrbija.org/

... but, first of all you must find (better to contact) the person by nick "Ivahok" 'cause he have all basic information about everything in Serbian LEAGUE, and of course he have all information about salaries too.

p.s.
    He was also the menager for some players from Canada in past seasons, and if you are good enough for him it will be no problems to play hockey in Serbia.

Good luck!
    Serbian hockey
    Senior 2A - U20 2B - U18 2B

Banned
    If you are good, maximum it would be 1.000-1500 euros...but now it is possible only in Partizan to play...
    Like Basa said, if you really wont to play in Serbian league go on domestic site...but I must to tell you that now the situation in Serbian league is terrible...( this league now is just amateur league without money..., only Partizan playing Slovenian Champioship and he pays players, the rest of the clubs is now just amateur clubs...). The best is for you and for your friend to try to play in more seriously league than Serbian league...

IHF Prospect

thanks

thank you but if the serbiaan league dosent pay then dose anyone have an idea about a good league but somewere close like Macedonia,Croatia,Slovnia or mayne even bosnia

The only league that is close by, and above Serbian level, is the Slovenian league, which Partizan Belgrade plays in.

You and your friend would need to be much better than the domestic players in that league to be offered any sort of salary from any of the teams.

As for the Slovenian League, it is roughly CIS / Major Junior level for the top half teams - maybe even Central League / current IHL quality. The bottom few teams are still strong Junior A caliber.

The Serbian League is currently very weak - probably Canadian Junior B caliber at best.

In the past couple of years, when the Serbian League was stronger, McGill (CIS) came in and soundly beat two Serbian League All Star teams.

thank you but if the serbiaan league dosent pay then dose anyone have an idea about a good league but somewere close like Macedonia,Croatia,Slovnia or mayne even bosnia
    Macedonian hockey exists only on paper. Bosnian league is pure amateur league (Serbian league is NHL compare to Bosnian) where players are not allowed to use their bodys, so non-contact hockey.

Croatia...only in Medveščak that plays ebel, but as you would be counted as import, you must make some impact to the team. Other clubs, Mladost and Zagreb are amateurs and don't pay players.

Slovenia - for EBEL teams Jesenice and Olimpija goes same as for Medvescak in Croatia. Teams that plays slovenian championship rely mostly on domestic players, only Maribor has few imports. As I can remember they had few cze and svk players in past seasons, mostly bottom extraliga players.

Hope this helped a little bit...
    2011/2012. - 50th Anniversary of KHL Medveščak Zagreb !

Here are some of the players from past seasons:

PARTIZAN Beograd

season 2008/2009
    GUIMOND Jocelyn 1982 GK CAN
    GORDON John 1982 D CAN (played few games and left to Holland)
    DVORAK Ales 1978 D CZE
    MERTL Ondrej 1980 D CZE
    SUBR Bohuslav 1980 F CZE
    GAVRILYUK Vitaly 1983 F/D UKR
    BUTOCHNOV Anton 1983 F UKR

sezona 2007/08
    KUUSIVUORI Jukka 1980 GK FIN
    PRESTON Cicchin 1981 D CAN
    GNITKO Dmitri 1979 F UKR
    BELIY Ruslan 1978 F BLR
    ROBIN Ryan F CAN

sezona 2006/07
    FEDOR Ivan GK 1980 SVK
    McKINVEN Jamie 1981 D CAN
    WRIGHT Scott D CAN
    STEFANECH Viktor 1979 F SVK
    STEFIK Miroslav 1979 F SVK
    GEOFF O'Leary 1978 D CAN
    PSENKA Tomas 1982 D SVK

sezona 2005/06
    NICHOL Rick 1971 GK CAN
    WALLING Michael 1979 D USA
    DILLON Brian D CAN
    STEFANECH Viktor 1979 F SVK
    STEFIK Miroslav 1979 F SVK

NOVI SAD from Novi Sad

season 2008/2009
    BLINOV Maksim 1984 D RUS
    KLOKNER Jozef 1981 D SVK
    POPRAVKO Pavel 1983 F RUS
    VADRNA Lukas 1982 F SVK
    ZETTLER Kyle 1986 F CAN

sezona 2007/08
    CESNJAK Marko 1985 D SLO
    KLOKNER Jozef 1981 D SVK
    MALICEK Jozef 1980 F SVK
    HANTAK Miroslav 1985 F SVK
    BLANAR Michal 1986 F SVK

sezona 2006/07
    ROJIK Peter 1982 D SVK
    POLITOV Sergei 1986 F RUS
    CUTT Milan 1984 F SVK
    MAKAROV Sergei 1986 F RUS

sezona 2005/06
    GAZO Lukas 1983 GK SVK
    DOBRIK Milan 1984 D SVK
    IGLO Tomas 1984 D SVK
    ORAVEC Michal 1980 F SVK
    CUTT Milan 1984 F SVK

sezona 2004/05
    GAZO Lukas 1983 GK SVK
    PLEVA Tomas D 1979 SVK
    SATIN Peter D SVK (igrac i trener)
    ORAVEC Michal 1980 F SVK
    MALHO Juraj F SVK

sezona 2003/04
    PLEVA Tomas D 1979 SVK
    MALHO Juraj F SVK
    BARTOS Milan F SVK

VOJVODINA Novi Sad

season 2008/2009
    MURRAY Cobb GK CAN
    JACOB Daniel 1980 D CAN
    FOURNIER Mark Andre 1979 F CAN
    PEROWNE Fred 1978 F CAN
    ROHR Justin 1980 F CAN
    CHURCHILL SMITH Chris 1983 F CAN

sezona 2007/08
    MURRAY Cobb GK CAN
    BREWER Mike 1969 D CAN
    JACOB Daniel 1980 D CAN
    PEROWNE Fred 1978 F CAN

sezona 2006/07
    BIRJUKOVS Igors 1986 GK LAT
    JACOB Daniel 1980 D CAN
    PEROWNE Fred 1978 F CAN
    GAUTIER Jonathan 1981 F CAN
    KATALINA Stefan 1981 D SRB/SWE

sezona 2005/06
    POLC Patrik 1985 GK SVK
    PADO Jozef 1980 D SVK
    KOZAR Peter 1980 D SVK
    MALINJAK Ivan 1984 F SVK
    MELIHERCIK Martin 1984 F SVK

sezona 2004/05
    LISTIAK Milan 1966 F SVK

sezona 2003/04
    SHEAN O’Gready D CAN
    LISTIAK Milan 1966 F SVK

CRVENA ZVEZDA Beograd

season 2008/2009
    GORDON Tyler 1986 GK CAN
    BIBIC Nik 1984 D CAN/SRB
    KOS Milorad 1987 D CAN
    LECKOVIC Boris 1987 F CAN
    MATIC Jovan 1987 F CAN
    DeKRISTOFORO Andrew 1983 F CAN http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=5199
    JEREMIC Aleksandar 1978 D SRB/SWE our boy
    http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=5199
    http://www.eurohockey.net/players/sh...i?serial=54350
    VUKOVIC Nikola 1980 D SRB/CAN http://www.eurohockey.net/players/sh...?serial=116327 our boy
    Main menager: "Ivahok" from Serbian forum.

sezona 2007/08
    GIFFIN Dan GK CAN
    BIBIC Nik 1984 D CAN/SRB
    KING Ben 1983 D CAN
    ZETTLER Kyle 1986 F CAN
    GRMAN Peter 1984 GK SVK (played just one game! - injury)
    DANCSAK Juraj 1983 F SVK
    MACH Milan 1986 F SVK

sezona 2006/07
    EZZY Matt 1984 GK AUS
    BRUJIC Damir 1981 D CAN
    OBUCH Martin 1983 D SVK
    KAPUSCINSKI Rob 1981 F CAN
    WOGTECH Corey 1982 GK CAN
    DORIA Brandon 1981 F USA (played just one game and left the team)

sezona 2005/06
    BURI Marian GK SVK
    GERGELY Peter 1978 D SVK

BEOSTAR Beograd

sezona 2007/08
    JANKURA Milan 1986 GK SVK
    HUBKA Vladimir 1977 D SVK
    KABAT Milan 1985 D SVK
    MASAROVIC Roman 1986 F SVK
    KOPKAS Richard 1986 F SVK

sezona 2006/07
    JACQUE Brian 1981 D USA
    IVANOV Aleksander 1980 F RUS http://www.eurohockey.net/players/sh...i?serial=46917
    BUCHNER Daniel 1984 F ISR/CAN
    LEVY Itzhak 1982 F ISR/CAN
    Last edited by BASSA; 06-06-2010 at 11:13.
    Serbian hockey

Quote Originally Posted by BASSA View Post
    Here are some of the players from past seasons:

PARTIZAN Beograd

season 2008/2009
    GUIMOND Jocelyn 1982 GK CAN
    GORDON John 1982 D CAN (played few games and left to Holland)
    DVORAK Ales 1978 D CZE
    MERTL Ondrej 1980 D CZE
    SUBR Bohuslav 1980 F CZE
    GAVRILYUK Vitaly 1983 F/D UKR
    BUTOCHNOV Anton 1983 F UKR
    Like you can see here are the players from abroad which are better than some foreigners from last season which take part in hk Partizan and Sloleague. For example Peter FOLTIN who played just 1/3 of season was just an average player if you compared him with GAVRILYUK Vitaly 1983 F/D UKR, or SUBR Bohuslav 1980 F CZE.

For me only goalie Martin SUREK, and defender Mike WALLING were good foreigners for hk Partizan (and of course our Canadians D.Jacob, M.Fournier, and player from Russia who came on playoff part - P.Popravka, and defender Jamie McKinven who left team after few games). Defender Tibor SCHNEIDER is not as good as MERTL Ondrej 1980 D CZE, this is my opinion, and etc, etc...

p.s.
    Partizan is the club which is ready for any league like MOL or Sloleague. They have money, and they have good sponsors, but if they think that Partizan can reach the top with average foreigners, they will pay only players like Ivan RACEK for example (who is not so bad, but...).

Ones again, for me Partizan icerink "Pionir" is much, much better than icerink in Szekesfehervar, or icerink in Dunaujvaros. There is seats for 2.000 spectators, and there is much comfortable than in Hungary (same opinion is for icehall "SPENS" with only 1.200 seats + 300 on the galery).
    Last edited by BASSA; 06-06-2010 at 18:02.
    Serbian hockey

Just write your name here, and name of your friend (on this topic)... don't send to me PM, 'cause I dont't have time for help you, but some guys which is interested for players woud like to see your, and your friends, statistic, or where you have played and etc... Thanks in advance!

p.s.
    Many of Canadiens played in Serbian hockey league, and watching this topic, probably they will call you over PM, or over Facebook (if you have loged there) and tell all what is interesting for you, and your friend.

Bye.
    Serbian hockey

IHF Prospect

Serbia

My friend 36 Games played 41 goals and 13 assists

Me 42 games 20 goals and 48 assists

What league is this that you scored those kinds of numbers?

Yeah, that's kind of important.......is it CIS, Canadian Junior A, Canadian Junior B, gym class in twelfth grade...............you get the point.

IHF Member
    one time I scored 100 goals in NHL 94 with the other teams goalie pulled.. You think I can play in Serbia?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xunearthhxcx View Post
    one time I scored 100 goals in NHL 94 with the other teams goalie pulled.. You think I can play in Serbia?
    Everyone can play in Serbia these days, especially the SERB and his friend

If you are really player, just write your name on this forum, and we will check your stats...
    Last edited by roki; 16-06-2010 at 22:12.

IHF Prospect

Serbia

our leigue is NPHL and our stats are alrady their

Banned
    As I see on video on site of the league, this is good league...
    If you are really wont to play in Serbia just go on our domestic site, put your stats on our forum and maybe somebody will contact you...but I must to say you that there is no money in our league, maybe if you are really good and if somebody from Partizan will see you...but it depends of many of thinks... it is hard to find a contact to Partizan....

http://forum.hokejsrbija.org/index.php?
    Last edited by roki; 17-06-2010 at 00:37.

Where, and put your names 'cause I can't find you and your friend?
    You hide something? Why?

p.s.
    If you think that you are good enough to play in one professional team like hk Partizan ask some of ex players like Mike Walling, Dan Jacob.... if you think that you're better than Justin Rohr you have good chanses to somebody contact you, but if you hide your name it's stupid to speak about this.

p.s.
    Leckovic Boris played for hk Spartak (before he played for hk CZvezda) but this is amateur level of hockey for us. He got only food and room for sleeping - and that was too high for him.

Boris Leckovic:
    http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=69692
    Last edited by BASSA; 24-06-2010 at 12:21.
    Serbian hockey

Banned
    Serb, where are you???

We are waiting yours and name of your friend...,by the way, your english is ridiculous( my is also, but you are from Canada...)
    Here you can put your name..
    http://forums.internationalhockey.ne...splay.php?f=81

Your are one big ice hockey ghost, maybe you are playing on the sky.

You are just provocator...

IHF Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Brunengraber View Post
    The only league that is close by, and above Serbian level, is the Slovenian league, which Partizan Belgrade plays in.

You and your friend would need to be much better than the domestic players in that league to be offered any sort of salary from any of the teams.

As for the Slovenian League, it is roughly CIS / Major Junior level for the top half teams - maybe even Central League / current IHL quality. The bottom few teams are still strong Junior A caliber.

The Serbian League is currently very weak - probably Canadian Junior B caliber at best.

In the past couple of years, when the Serbian League was stronger, McGill (CIS) came in and soundly beat two Serbian League All Star teams.

The Slovenian League is not very high quality. CIS and Major Junior teams would crush these teams easily. I have skated with the teams personally and all the good teams play in the Austrian League.

Which teams have you skated with? The huge discrepancy between the top and bottom teams in the SloHockej Liga is quite large, so knowing where your experience lies would give us a better idea.
    To say that CIS teams would EASILY crush top teams in that league is, I think, a bit of a misleading comment.

Banned
    Mauybe the Slovenian league is not so strong(this year especially), but they are much better than Serbian league, much better...(two level up) Maybe before few years, when all Serbian team have a lot of players from abroad, maybe then we have a much closer quality with Slovenians, but even then, they were better than our clubs( one level up)...Of course, Partizan now is something different, but without foreighn players, there will be also on level of midlle table, not on top in Slovenian league...

When McGill was in Serbia, they played against the team of best foreign players and with few domestic players, so that two games is not a proper to compare of Serbian league in that moment. And they were playing( McGill) with maybe 50% strenght( they was on holiday)....Dont to mention second game, when half of McGill players were to tired becouse drinking problems:-))))

Much more competitive games were in Hungary where McGill played with Dab Docler, that games was pretty close.McGill has one win and one lost game. So Hungarian and Slovenian league( top teams is similar quality, maybe Hungarian clubs now days are slight better) is better to compare with quality of lower American/Canadian leagues...
    Conclution is that top teams from Hungaria and Slovenia is competitive with level were McGill playing(CIS)
    Last edited by roki; 01-07-2010 at 12:33.

Quote Originally Posted by roki View Post
    Conclution is that top teams from Hungaria and Slovenia is competitive with level were McGill playing(CIS)
    Beleive me, McGill can easly play Austrian league... they will be hard opponent for all teams, and competitive for the midle of table, they are very discipline team with full skating and body playing all tha game.

p.s.
    Maybe BarAndDown can confirm my opinion
    Serbian hockey

Quote Originally Posted by BASSA View Post
    Beleive me, McGill can easly play Austrian league... they will be hard opponent for all teams, and competitive for the midle of table, they are very discipline team with full skating and body playing all tha game.

p.s.
    Maybe BarAndDown can confirm my opinion

Well that is questionable. I am sure that McGill could win one game against some of the EBEL teams, but I have doubt that they would stayed competitive all season long if they play in Austria. EBEL teams are composed of ex AHL/NHL or strong ECHL players and that would be too high level for McGill in the long run. ;-)

Of course that is only my opinion. I would appreciated if someone can confirm or deny this (Marc B. seems like right person, he knows a lot more than me about NCAA/CIS ) ;)
    2011/2012. - 50th Anniversary of KHL Medveščak Zagreb !

Quote Originally Posted by Ouellette View Post
    Well that is questionable. I am sure that McGill could win one game against some of the EBEL teams, but I have doubt that they would stayed competitive all season long if they play in Austria. EBEL teams are composed of ex AHL/NHL or strong ECHL players and that would be too high level for McGill in the long run. ;-)

Of course that is only my opinion. I would appreciated if someone can confirm or deny this (Marc B. seems like right person, he knows a lot more than me about NCAA/CIS ) ;)
    I agree, but you know that in same time there are many of players which try to make ECHL and other professional leagues after they finish school.

Maybe you watched on Eurosport1 final game CIS league, it was very, very fast hockey. It was high level, realy.

p.s.
    My friend, if you have in your team 22 Canadians - that is surely good team :)
    John Hecimovic arrived from Holland and proved that he is very dangerous with two good players in forward line (and you know that Hecimovic wasn't camed with big reputation).

Strength of CIS hockey?
    http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=571857
    Last edited by BASSA; 03-07-2010 at 23:11.
    Serbian hockey

IHF Prospect

Hello

hi i wasnt talking because i was busy. My name is Bogdan Knezevic and my friends name is Zachery Chowace i dont no if you are going to finde anything tho

IHF Prospect
    I can speak serbian i am serbian Pa ja sam srbin covece zasto si mislio da mogu samo da pricam engleski

IHF Prospect
    Sign up on the serbian slapshot forum, that would help maybe. I believe that many people check it. http://forum.hokejsrbija.org/

It will probably be good to contact teams. There are not many teams in serbia though. But, hey, go to this site, http://www.hkbeostar.net/ , they seem to be an organization that is steadily expanding. They were in the senior division in the past... I think it is only a matter of time until they get there again. So check them out. Contact them... email, phone, don't stop until you get some answer.
    Crvena Zvezda might have some opportunities. Their site however sucks, as half of it does not work... half of it does.

CIS teams are better than current Serbian teams by a large margin now, other than Partizan.

Good CIS teams can easily play with the top Hungarian and Slovenian league teams, and it would be anyone's guess as to who would win on any given night. And the top CIS teams would likely beat Partizan.

As for CIS vs. EBEL teams, the top 4 to 6 CIS teams would give EBEL teams a good run for their money, and would win a few games here and there.

And remember, NCAA Division I teams have an overwhelmingly big win-loss advantage over CIS teams when they play head to head. The top 10 NCAA D.I teams can easily play competitive games against EBEL teams - NCAA D.I teams have beaten the legendary CSKA in the past decade to decade and a half, as well as Riga 2000, and played tight games against Valerenga and Bjorkloven, as well as having beaten and tied both the French and Italian national teams. In the late 1970's / early 1980's, NCAA D.I teams competed in the Spengler Cup and won some games.

Even the current Partizan club would be hard pressed to beat the very best CIS teams, and would likely lose to the top ten NCAA D.I teams.

Thread Information