Results 1 to 44 of 44

Thread: 2009 IHWC Team Belarus thread

  1. #1
    IHF Staff Jazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Southern Canada
    Posts
    6,449

    2009 IHWC 2009 IHWC Team Belarus thread


    2009 IIHF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
    Berne & Zürich-Kloten (Switzerland), 24 April - 10 May 2009

    ]STANDINGS Group A
     GPWOTWOTLLGF:GAPts
    1. CANADA000000:00
    2. SLOVAKIA000000:00
    3. BELARUS000000:00
    4. HUNGARY000000:00

    SCHEDULE

    Venues: Post-Finance Arena (Berne) & Schluefweg (Zürich-Kloten)

    24.05.2009, 16:15, Belarus - Canada (Zürich-Kloten)
    26.05.2009, 16:15, Slovakia - Belarus (Zürich-Kloten)
    28.05.2009, 16:15, Hungary - Belarus (Zürich-Kloten)
    ......
    10.05.2009, 20:15, GOLD MEDAL GAME


    General Tournament Thread (click here)


    PRE-TOURNAMENT NEWS regarding each participant (click on links below).
    TEAM AUSTRIA http://www.internationalhockey.net/f...ead.php?t=8046
    TEAM BELARUS http://www.internationalhockey.net/f...ead.php?t=8047
    TEAM CANADA http://www.internationalhockey.net/f...ead.php?t=8048
    TEAM CZECH REPUBLIC http://www.internationalhockey.net/f...ead.php?t=8049
    TEAM DENMARK http://www.internationalhockey.net/f...ead.php?t=8050
    TEAM FINLAND http://www.internationalhockey.net/f...ead.php?t=8051
    TEAM FRANCE http://www.internationalhockey.net/f...ead.php?t=8052
    TEAM GERMANY http://www.internationalhockey.net/f...ead.php?t=8053
    TEAM HUNGARY http://www.internationalhockey.net/f...ead.php?t=8054
    TEAM LATVIA http://www.internationalhockey.net/f...ead.php?t=8055
    TEAM NORWAY http://www.internationalhockey.net/f...ead.php?t=8056
    TEAM RUSSIA http://www.internationalhockey.net/f...ead.php?t=8057
    TEAM SLOVAKIA http://www.internationalhockey.net/f...ead.php?t=8058
    TEAM SWEDEN http://www.internationalhockey.net/f...ead.php?t=8059
    TEAM SWITZERLAND http://www.internationalhockey.net/f...ead.php?t=8060
    TEAM UNITED STATES http://www.internationalhockey.net/f...ead.php?t=8061
    Last edited by Jazz; 22-04-2009 at 05:37.

  2. #2
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048

    Belarus

    One more game to the Belarus preparation games tour was added.

    On April 10, they will play with Spartak Moscow in Sokolniki.

  3. #3
    IHF Member Karsten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Northern Zealand (in Denmark)
    Posts
    11,637

    Belarus Belarus's odd exhibition program

    Have you noticed Belarus odd exhibition program?

    First two games vs post-season Neftekhimik, Nizhnekamsk (scores: 3-4 SO, 10-3), then two games vs lowly Poland (scores 9-1, 3-2). Next opponent is Spartak Moscow, a KHL team that hasn't played for some time. The preps finish with games vs Austria and France - far more meaningful opponents, but all in all not a preparation setup you would expect for a team of Belarus' calibre.

    Glen Hanlon, the coach explains that Belarus would have liked to play against stronger opponents like Switzerland and Slovakia, but they declined giving the reason that they had already their calendars full.

    Bad Belarussian planning, or what?

  4. #4
    IHF Member Alessandro Seren Rosso's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Turin, Italy
    Posts
    2,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Karsten View Post

    Bad Belarussian planning, or what?
    I fear that it's this the reason, most noticeably because Hanlon was hired just a week ago thus started planning too late.
    My articles at The Hockey Writers

  5. #5
    IHF Member selanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Helsinki, Suomi
    Posts
    146

    Belarus

    Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
    I fear that it's this the reason, most noticeably because Hanlon was hired just a week ago thus started planning too late.
    I though Glen Hanlon stoped being the coach for team Belarus after signing with Jokerit? He didnt get a new contract and now he is going to Dynamo Minks (KHL). So he is still continueing his work with BLR or did I miss something? He is for sure a true professional and I got the impression that he is a fair guy but his game is very defensive minded which is effective and what BLR needs is good defence, but for growds it might be boring because of the trapping.

  6. #6
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Karsten View Post
    Bad Belarussian planning, or what?
    Exactly, this is the main reason. When they started to plan this training programm, all strong opponents where already "busy", or if they had some free time, they just coudn't provide a mian team because of diferent reasons, just a second one.

    But rhere is one good side of this medal, says in Federation. The players will get the taste of victory nad a important portion of optimism before the WC.

  7. #7
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048
    Quote Originally Posted by selanne View Post
    I though Glen Hanlon stoped being the coach for team Belarus after signing with Jokerit?
    No he didn't stop just during the season his assistants acted like a head coach.

  8. #8
    IHF Member Karsten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Northern Zealand (in Denmark)
    Posts
    11,637

    Belarus Belarus - Update

    Aleksei Kalyuzhny (Dynamo Moscow) has been added to the roster of Belarus that plays Spartak Moscow tomorrow. Glen Hanlon said the other day, that from the NHL he expects Ruslan Salei (Colorado) and Mikhail Grabovsky (Toronto) to join the IHWC camp after the NHL regular season.
    In addition, Brikun (the best goaltender of the Belarus Open League) will be added as the third goaltender behind Mezin and Koval well as defencemen, Ryadinsky (Yunost) and Erkovich (Gomel)

    Source: pressball.by

    As for the current roster, I refer to http://forums.internationalhockey.ne...ead.php?t=8025, post #5 and #6.

  9. #9
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Karsten View Post
    Aleksei Kalyuzhny (Dynamo Moscow) has been added to the roster of Belarus that plays Spartak Moscow tomorrow.
    As far as I know, Kalyuzhny has arribed directly to Minsk and will join the rest of team after their return from Moscow.

    Besides Salei and Grabovsky there is high possibility to see Andrei Kostitsyn at WC - everething depends on how long will Moontreal survive in the playoffs. And his younger brother Sergei will not appear in Switzerland for 99% as he is listed in Hamilton roster and will continue in Calder Cup.

  10. #10
    IHF Member Spitfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    2,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldair View Post
    As far as I know, Kalyuzhny has arribed directly to Minsk and will join the rest of team after their return from Moscow.

    Besides Salei and Grabovsky there is high possibility to see Andrei Kostitsyn at WC - everething depends on how long will Moontreal survive in the playoffs. And his younger brother Sergei will not appear in Switzerland for 99% as he is listed in Hamilton roster and will continue in Calder Cup.
    Probably not too long as their most possible oponents in first round are Washington or/and Boston.


    Will Stefanovich be on Belarus roster for WC ?
    2011/2012. - 50th Anniversary of KHL Medveščak Zagreb !

  11. #11
    IHF Member Karsten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Northern Zealand (in Denmark)
    Posts
    11,637
    Gleb, you may be more updated than I am. I refer to an interview with Hanlon on 6 April.

  12. #12
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsberg View Post
    Probably not too long as their most possible oponents in first round are Washington or/and Boston.


    Will Stefanovich be on Belarus roster for WC ?
    Probably also not - his club is doing well in the Quebec league

  13. #13
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048
    In addition to these talks about Belarus roster updates - there are also talks that famous (espesially in Sweden :D ) veteran Vladimir Kopat can get an invintation to join the team...

    The most probleamtic part of Belarus team right now - is the defence...

    P.S. I think it's better to move these last posts to the special belarus thread

  14. #14
    IHF Member Spitfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    2,068
    Will Vladimir Denisov join Team Belarus ?
    2011/2012. - 50th Anniversary of KHL Medveščak Zagreb !

  15. #15
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsberg View Post
    Will Vladimir Denisov join Team Belarus ?
    The same question as Stfanovich. Most likely also not.

  16. #16
    IHF Member leksandstars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lidköping, Sweden
    Posts
    293
    Hope to see Belarus play well in this tournament, Nice to see that Andrei Mezin is back to play for Belarus he was so good in the 2006 championship i remember also Kazakstans goalie cant remember his name was good in that tournament but he wasnt that good 2007 and 2008 he was injured or something i" think"#

  17. #17
    IHF Member Spitfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    2,068
    Quote Originally Posted by leksandstars View Post
    Hope to see Belarus play well in this tournament, Nice to see that Andrei Mezin is back to play for Belarus he was so good in the 2006 championship i remember also Kazakstans goalie cant remember his name was good in that tournament but he wasnt that good 2007 and 2008 he was injured or something i" think"#
    Vitaly Kolesnik. And that wasnt in 2006. it was in 2005. in Wien. Kolesnik had around 96 % saves and then Colorado sign him.
    2011/2012. - 50th Anniversary of KHL Medveščak Zagreb !

  18. #18
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048
    17 years old Kirill Gotovets (Shattuck St. Mary, USA) got an invintation to the national senior team training camp just after he had return from WC U18 chmapionship (4 games, 1+1, 2 min pen., +3).
    The main reason that makes Hanlon to call him is the problem with the defence line complectation - the most problematic link chain of the team.

    Also, Mikhail Grabovsky from Toronto will join the team on April, 15th, when Ruslan Salei from Colorado will meet them already in France, at 19th.

  19. #19
    IHF Member Dimash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Minsk, Belarus
    Posts
    308
    i keep my fingers crossed for the belarus defence. it's simply 'non-existent' and desperately lacks skilled and solid players due to a recent change of generations. without kolosov, denisov and injured kostyuchonok, well, in this case i see only one way out - our offence shall become our best defence.
    Life is a game

  20. #20
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimash View Post
    i keep my fingers crossed for the belarus defence. it's simply 'non-existent' and desperately lacks skilled and solid players due to a recent change of generations. without kolosov, denisov and injured kostyuchonok, well, in this case i see only one way out - our offence shall become our best defence.
    Well, Kostyuchenok will be fine in a while for 90%, I think there is no place to be worried about.
    And hopefully at least on of them - Denisov or Kolosov - will become avaliale after the first round....

  21. #21
    IHF Member leksandstars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lidköping, Sweden
    Posts
    293
    Go belarus

  22. #22
    IHF Member Alessandro Seren Rosso's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Turin, Italy
    Posts
    2,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldair View Post
    17 years old Kirill Gotovets (Shattuck St. Mary, USA) got an invintation to the national senior team training camp just after he had return from WC U18 chmapionship (4 games, 1+1, 2 min pen., +3).
    The main reason that makes Hanlon to call him is the problem with the defence line complectation - the most problematic link chain of the team.
    What do you say about him Aldair? He's truly young for NT level. Unfortunately I don't know the player.
    My articles at The Hockey Writers

  23. #23
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
    What do you say about him Aldair? He's truly young for NT level. Unfortunately I don't know the player.
    Well, actually he is pretty young face for all belarus hockey community. But as far as I heard he is very talented guy, and for Hanlon it was enough to see him playing 2 periods only in the Belarus - Kazakhstan game to send him a call to NT camp.
    We will see if he can go through all this stages of the preparation camp. The first step is already sucessfully done - he will trip with the team to France. If in the control games he will do as well as he does now, 90% his name will appear in the final roster.

    Hanlon like experiments with young players. In 2005 for example, it was Timofei Filin, also he was a little older than Gotovets.

    There is an interesting interview with Gotovets at Pressball site.

  24. #24
    IHF Member Alessandro Seren Rosso's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Turin, Italy
    Posts
    2,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldair View Post
    Well, actually he is pretty young face for all belarus hockey community. But as far as I heard he is very talented guy, and for Hanlon it was enough to see him playing 2 periods only in the Belarus - Kazakhstan game to send him a call to NT camp.
    We will see if he can go through all this stages of the preparation camp. The first step is already sucessfully done - he will trip with the team to France. If in the control games he will do as well as he does now, 90% his name will appear in the final roster.

    Hanlon like experiments with young players. In 2005 for example, it was Timofei Filin, also he was a little older than Gotovets.

    There is an interesting interview with Gotovets at Pressball site.
    Ssylka pozhaluista?
    My articles at The Hockey Writers

  25. #25
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
    Ssylka pozhaluista?
    pozhaluista:)

    http://www.pressball.by/news.php?t=0201&id=45298

  26. #26
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048
    17 years old Kirill Gotovets was finally released from national team training camp and will not play friendly games in France and at WC.
    At least it became a very good and usefull experience for him to play together with such stars like Kalyuzhny, Antonenko and Makritsky. By his words, it was a little strange feeling for him when yesterday he played together with Makritsky-son (WJC18) and today iwth Makritsky-father.:)

    Also, from the camp was released defender Andrei Korshunov (Neman Grodno).

  27. #27
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048

    Belarus preliminary roster

    There is the roster wich flies today to France to play the two last friendly games before the start of the WC. There are 25 players, so the changes after the french camp will be minimal.

    Goalies
    Igor Brikun (1986, Gomel)
    Vitaly Koval (1980, Dynamo Minsk, KHL)
    Andrei Mezin (1974, Metallurg Mg, KHL)

    Defence
    Andrei Antonov (1985, Dynamo Minsk, KHL)
    Dmitri Korobov (1989, Dynamo Minsk, KHL)
    Aleksandr Makritsky (1971, Dynamo Minsk, KHL)
    Andrei Bashko (1982, Amur Khabarovsk, KHL)
    Viktor Kostyuchenok (1979, Amur Khabarovsk, KHL)
    Aleksandr Ryadinsky (1978, Yunost)
    Ivan Usenko (1983, Gomel)
    Ruslan Salei (1974, Colorado Avalanche, NHL)

    Forwards
    Sergei Demagin (1986, Dynamo Minsk, KHL)
    Aleksandr Kulakov (1983, Dynamo Minsk, KHL)
    Dmitri Meleshko (1982, Dynamo Minsk, KHL)
    Andrei Mikhalev (1978, Dynamo Minsk, KHL)
    Andrei Stas (1988, Dynamo Minsk, KHL)
    Yaroslav Chupris (1981, Dynamo Minsk, KHL)
    Dmitry Dudik (1977, Keramin)
    Evegny Kovyrshin (1986, Keramin)
    Oleg Antonenko (1971, MVD, KHL)
    Aleksei Ugarov (1985, MVD, KHL)
    Aleksandr Borovkov (1982, Sibir, KHL)
    Mikhail Grabovsky (1984, Toronto Maple Leafs, NHL)
    Alesksei Kalyuzhny (1977, Dynamo Moskva, KHL)
    Konstantin Koltsov (1981, Salavat Yulaev, KHL)

    They are representatives of three leagues: KHL(18), BOL(5), NHL(2).
    The average age is: 28.1
    Last edited by Aldair; 18-04-2009 at 13:45.

  28. #28
    IHF Member Dimash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Minsk, Belarus
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldair View Post
    17 years old Kirill Gotovets was finally released from national team training camp and will not play friendly games in France and at WC.
    At least it became a very good and usefull experience for him to play together with such stars like Kalyuzhny, Antonenko and Makritsky. By his words, it was a little strange feeling for him when yesterday he played together with Makritsky-son (WJC18) and today iwth Makritsky-father.:) .
    well, actually, for me the purpose of gotovets's invitation to the training camp remains a kinda mystery. what was that for? making overtures for his future début in the nt? then just look at timofey filin who was so 'inspired' by hanlon's call-up in 2005 (if memory serves me right) that he ended up with the doping scandal, two-year suspension and lots of busted expectations.
    Life is a game

  29. #29
    IHF Member leksandstars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lidköping, Sweden
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldair View Post
    There is the roster wich flies today to France to play the two last friendly games before the start of the WC. There are 25 players, so the changes after the french camp will be minimal.

    Goalies
    Igor Brikun (1986, Gomel)
    Vitaly Koval (1980, Dynamo Minsk, KHL)
    Andrei Mezin (1974, Metallurg Mg, KHL)

    Defence
    Andrei Antonov (1985, Dynamo Minsk, KHL)
    Dmitri Korobov (1989, Dynamo Minsk, KHL)
    Aleksandr Makritsky (1971, Dynamo Minsk, KHL)
    Andrei Bashko (1982, Amur Khabarovsk, KHL)
    Viktor Kostyuchenok (1979, Amur Khabarovsk, KHL)
    Aleksandr Ryadinsky (1978, Yunost)
    Ivan Usenko (1983, Gomel)
    Ruslan Salei (1974, Colorado Avalanche, NHL)

    Forwards
    Sergei Demagin (1986, Dynamo Minsk, KHL)
    Aleksandr Kulakov (1983, Dynamo Minsk, KHL)
    Dmitri Meleshko (1982, Dynamo Minsk, KHL)
    Andrei Mikhalev (1978, Dynamo Minsk, KHL)
    Andrei Stas (1988, Dynamo Minsk, KHL)
    Yaroslav Chupris (1981, Dynamo Minsk, KHL)
    Dmitry Dudik (1977, Keramin)
    Evegny Kovyrshin (1986, Keramin)
    Oleg Antonenko (1971, MVD, KHL)
    Aleksei Ugarov (1985, MVD, KHL)
    Aleksandr Borovkov (1982, Sibir, KHL)
    Mikhail Grabovsky (1984, Toronto Maple Leafs, NHL)
    Alesksei Kalyuzhny (1977, Dynamo Moskva, KHL)
    Konstantin Koltsov (1981, Salavat Yulaev, KHL)

    They are representatives of three leagues: KHL(18), BOL(5), NHL(2).
    The average age is: 28.1

    No Kopat:P

    Looking better if Montreal gets eliminated now:

  30. #30
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048
    Quote Originally Posted by leksandstars View Post
    No Kopat:P
    No, no Kopat, that's enough for him. Belarus needs to respect another teams :)

  31. #31
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048
    After all these preparation games for Belarus with , and after comparing the results with the results of other "second tier" teams like Norway, Latvia, Germany and etc, I became very skeptic about Belarus chances in this WC. I expect they to have big problems even in the game with Hungary, and not sure that word "even" is suitable here.

    The maximum they can reach seems to me is to take 9th place. Only a miracle will help them to climb to quarterfinals. Another option is that all that was just a training process that will result in a brilliant playing at WC, or just the playing that will remember Belarus in 2006.
    But most likely it's just an optimistic hopes without any solid background.
    Still, I hope I'm wrong :)

  32. #32
    IHF Member Kiraly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Surrey, Canada
    Posts
    454
    Great news for Belarus...

    ...Montreal has just been swept by the Bruins. Andre Kostitsyn could/should be available for the game against Slovakia, if not earlier.

  33. #33
    IHF Member welmu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    -
    Posts
    621
    team looks decent on paper altough maybe the defence could be better (?) and should be because they will play defensive mainded game i think... aldair said that best they can hopefor is 9th place and i will agree, maybe 9-11 and if they can score some goals, maybe even 1/8 finals.. but i doubt that.

  34. #34
    IHF Member Spitfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    2,068
    Quote Originally Posted by welmu View Post
    1/8 finals.. but i doubt that.

    You probably thought 1/2 finals and you doubt that, as 1/8 doesnt exist in this format of IHWC.
    2011/2012. - 50th Anniversary of KHL Medveščak Zagreb !

  35. #35
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048
    Andei Kostistyn will join the team tomorrow, but won't be able to play in the fisrt game against Canada.
    His younger brother Sergey joins the Montreal's farm Hamilton playing in Colder Cup.

  36. #36
    IHF Member takharov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Watford, England
    Posts
    526
    Thats a damn shame (& disgrace IMO). Colder Cup over World Championship. Talk about a world where the priorities are all askew.

    What happenend to Siarhei Kolasau Aldair ? And off topic but could you please (if you have any) update the Belarus prospects to look out for ie Roman Voloshenko..... only kidding. Koval came the other way.

    Hope Belarus keep up their impressive record at recent WCs.

  37. #37
    IHF Staff Steigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    8,141
    Quote Originally Posted by takharov View Post
    Thats a damn shame (& disgrace IMO). Colder Cup over World Championship. Talk about a world where the priorities are all askew.
    If you're suggesting that it was Sergei's decision, I would say to you that it probably wasn't.
    He's under contract with the Habs, on a 2-way contract, and so the club has the right to assign him to the AHL club. Especially if the Habs believe that he would improve Hamilton's chances of winning the Calder Cup, it just makes sense for them to do so.

  38. #38
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048
    Quote Originally Posted by takharov View Post
    What happenend to Siarhei Kolasau Aldair ?
    Kolosov club Rapids plays aginst Hamilton, so no matter who will lose - one of them will be able to join the national team!
    The coaches hope it will be Kolosov (cause the more problematic issue is defence), and if Hamilton loses - probably we still will not see Sergey at WC as he got some shoulder inhury and probably will prefer to take care about it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Steigs View Post
    If you're suggesting that it was Sergei's decision, I would say to you that it probably wasn't.
    He's under contract with the Habs, on a 2-way contract, and so the club has the right to assign him to the AHL club. Especially if the Habs believe that he would improve Hamilton's chances of winning the Calder Cup, it just makes sense for them to do so.
    Exactly.

  39. #39
    IHF Member takharov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Watford, England
    Posts
    526
    Quote Originally Posted by Steigs View Post
    If you're suggesting that it was Sergei's decision, I would say to you that it probably wasn't.
    He's under contract with the Habs, on a 2-way contract, and so the club has the right to assign him to the AHL club. Especially if the Habs believe that he would improve Hamilton's chances of winning the Calder Cup, it just makes sense for them to do so.
    I know that Steigs. Its just a shame he can't be over in Bern for his national team. But until hell freezes over this will always be the way of things for the forseeable future.

    Ideally the IHWC would be rescheduled to a time when all the best are available but for planning reasons, player exhaustion etc etc which has been already discussed time after time it wont happen.

    Its just my view but I always have held competing for ones nation as do most Europeans over competing for ones club.

    At least as Aldair kindly has pointed out Belarus will get to call on either him or Kolosau at some stage .

    A win/win of sorts. ;)

  40. #40
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    3,119
    Players should insist that their contracts include the clause that they must be released for playing in the World Championships or Olympic Games and Qualifications unless their club plays the NHL playoffs.

    If the NHL club refuses, so be it, their loss.

  41. #41
    IHF Member Karsten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Northern Zealand (in Denmark)
    Posts
    11,637
    Likely lineup today:

    Goaltender: Mezin
    1st line: Bashko, Makritsky - Chupris, Mikhailov, Koltsov
    2nd line: Ryadinsky, Salei - Kalyuzhny - Grabovski - Ugarov
    3rd line: Usenko, Kostyuchenok - Demagin, Kovyrshin, Antonenko
    4th line:Antonov, Stas, Kulakov

    Meleshko got injured vs Canada

  42. #42
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048
    There is a big doubt about possible Andrei Kostistsyn participation. Right now he goes over some medical tests still there in Canada, and accordingly to the results we will know if he will be able to strength the team. They say, he got some injury.

    So the only possibilities that left for Belarus is young Mikhail Stefanovich (that already got the call) and defenders Kolosov and Denisov.

  43. #43
    IHF Member Aldair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    4,048
    Defender Vladimir Denisov from Hartford is on his way to Switzerland. Probably, he will not be bale to participate in the tomorrow's game, but in the second stage he will for sure.

  44. #44
    IHF Member Alessandro Seren Rosso's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Turin, Italy
    Posts
    2,991
    Good news!
    My articles at The Hockey Writers

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •