Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Misc. Slovak Hockey News

Quote Originally Posted by vorky View Post
    I think it is unfair to predict something (Cherepanov and so on). On other hand, there willbe first season of MHL and nobody knows how it will work. What level etc. I suppose that no Slovak will be drafted by KHL. Why? Because there is a limit for foreign players and in KHL teams may be a qualm that Slovak will choose NHL. And there are better players than Slovaks in the list.
    I was refering more to the fact that he probably was doping adn if I recall it right Peter Podhradsky mentioned that he was offered doping on numerous occasions in Russia, it is not a safe place for young players. But I agree with you, mostly Russian players will get darfted, because i doubt that the clubs won´t risk their picks for foreign players.
    25th of June 2015 - Worst day in the history of modern hockey in Slovakia

See you in 2019...perhaps...

Quote Originally Posted by jaaa View Post
    I was refering more to the fact that he probably was doping adn if I recall it right Peter Podhradsky mentioned that he was offered doping on numerous occasions in Russia, it is not a safe place for young players. But I agree with you, mostly Russian players will get darfted, because i doubt that the clubs won´t risk their picks for foreign players.
    it is a suprise for me, a Podhradsky´s affair. OMG

it is a suprise for me, a Podhradsky´s affair. OMG
    lol, at least I think it was him who mentione dit in aninterview for Dennik Sport a few months back....

But do you remember how many Slovak players ran away from Russia because of the conditions there, would probably be evn worse with juniors....

Caladi stays in Nitra

F Erik Caladi has after all agreed on a new 2 year contract with HK Ardo Nitra
    Great for Nitra and great for him, I´d say.

Source: http://www.hokejportal.sk/?q=clanok/21054

F Erik Caladi has after all agreed on a new 2 year contract with HK Ardo Nitra
    Great for Nitra and great for him, I´d say.

Source: http://www.hokejportal.sk/?q=clanok/21054
    I just wanted to write the very same - I am glad!

Here's some comforting news for our Slovak fans:

Zigmund Palffy will play in the 2010 Olympics. Hasn't played for SVK since the 2005 IHWC.

Source: Idnes.cz

Quote Originally Posted by Karsten View Post

Zigmund Palffy will play in the 2010 Olympics. Hasn't played for SVK since the 2005 IHWC.

Well, you can´t really say that he will play yet. He said that he would like to play in the Olympics, but it depends on in what form he will be by then and it is one of the reasons why he might be playing in Russia next season. But it is just speaking of a possiblity and I personally won´t believe it until his name isn´t on the roster, because of what he has been saying about retiring and what he has claimed about the NT in a recent interview for Sport.

And as much as I´d love to see him play, it won´t help us anyway.

Another thing is, the WC= No, Palffy won´t play because he is too old and wants to make room for younger players and now Olympics= He wants to play, people are not liking that

Btw, Karsten, Idnes is not a reliable source, it is a Czech tabloid, though this article us true cuz they picked it up from Slovak media, who all published it, there even are reactions of Slovak fans from sme.sk and hokej.sk on Idnes.

Twin F Robert Huna and F Richard Huna, who last played for MHK 32 Liptovsky Mikulas will sign a one year contract with HC Slovan Bratislava.

Here´s an overview of players who left and came to the Extraliga teams:
    http://www.denniksport.sk/article/92...evan-v-slovane

HK Ardo Nitra appointed their junior team coach Rudolf Uličný head of youth devlopment in Nitra, but he´ll still be in the charge of juniors next season.

MHK 32 Liptovsky Mikulas claim that they did not know about the departure of the Huna twins to Slovan.

It is great news, if he's really going to play in Olympics. But after two years he's playing for Skalica and didn't play for Slovakia, I won't belive he will play in Vancouver before I'll see his name in a roster.

MHK 32 Liptovsky Mikulas claim that they did not know about the departure of the Huna twins to Slovan.
    they must be joking... there where rumours about this when Skokan signed there... they both were talking last season that their contract will end and also they will end with studies in Mikulas, and so there is a chance to go somewhere else... I am sure they are surprised because twins are like "family gold" of LM, but in that case, they had to sign boys for the next year - because this is what comes if not - they will go away...

but if they had some talks about the new contract and twins haven't said it purposedly - that really IS sad...

and I will miss them, I can't imagine anyone else than Kiko (Martin Kriska) playing with them... :(
    but life is full of choices...

Quote Originally Posted by sosu View Post
    they must be joking... there where rumours about this when Skokan signed there... they both were talking last season that their contract will end and also they will end with studies in Mikulas, and so there is a chance to go somewhere else... I am sure they are surprised because twins are like "family gold" of LM, but in that case, they had to sign boys for the next year - because this is what comes if not - they will go away...

but if they had some talks about the new contract and twins haven't said it purposedly - that really IS sad...

and I will miss them, I can't imagine anyone else than Kiko (Martin Kriska) playing with them... :(
    but life is full of choices...
    yep, it surely is strange

But I think all in all it means that Slovan can pay them more than LM can afford, as sad as that is
    But seriously I´m starting to get worried about Mikulas, with Falter and the Huna twins gone, they will very likely face fight for maintaining their Extraliga spot
    This sucks, I mean when you look at all the players that they have distribued to the other Extraliga teams, it would not be a good thing for them to get relegated.

Btw, sosu, anything new about Poprad??

yep, it surely is strange

But I think all in all it means that Slovan can pay them more than LM can afford, as sad as that is
    But seriously I´m starting to get worried about Mikulas, with Falter and the Huna twins gone, they will very likely face fight for maintaining their Extraliga spot
    This sucks, I mean when you look at all the players that they have distribued to the other Extraliga teams, it would not be a good thing for them to get relegated.

Btw, sosu, anything new about Poprad??
    it was always like this - Uram, Plch, Pleva, Kledrowetz, Huna brothers, Miklik, and many many others... the same with Poprad, many great boys left us... but it is what is hockey about, too, Slovan or Kosice can afford more, so they have no reason to stay at home... truly, it is said, but would you stay when you can get twice in different team? well, I would, but just with good team, and because I would like to stay in home town for whole life...

and about Poprad - Anton Danko had some session with parents of kids from youth teams. he said that he (well, the town) won't give money to the A-team, but he will support the youth
    plus I heard that he said something that parents have to create their own council and so they will call away coaches and things like these...
    I don't know if it is true or not (the first part about supporting youth is, one junior player told me, but he had to left after few minutes and go to the training, the others are from the internet discussion), but it seems to me, that something is between Danko and Turan, and Danko don't want to have him there...
    well, this I know for sure, cuz I know more, but can't say everything... you've got that word in your signature that describes it the most... the last one...

oh, and I almost forget - there are articles about Poprad's future - hokejportal, sme, hokej.sk, osporte.sk and so - and everywhere is the same - we don't know what will go on, we don't have money, any partners, the only thing we've got is Tibor Turan as the director, seven signed players (I know that Buc, Hascak, Lapsansky, Bakos and Brejcak are, maybe the two others are Vojsovic and Mlynarovic, cuz they signed something last season) and mr. Danko as a mayor - and this is just my opinion - who wants to show that when he was here, everything was fine, and without him, we can't do it...

HC Slovan Bratislava signed G Pavol Rybar from HK 36 Skalica

HC Slovan Bratislava signed G Pavol Rybar from HK 36 Skalica
    looooooooool, can't stop laughing...

looooooooool, can't stop laughing...
    Well, I´m sure Slovan fans were delighted to hear that one
    But I´m interested how it will play out with him being the back-up for Konrad.

Btw, sosu regarding what you said about the Huna twins, that you can´t imagine them playing with noone else than Kriska, there actually is one person that I can. And if the rumours are true, then we will see a Huna-Huna-Huna(maybe RiRoRu sounds better) line this year, Kosice fans would be real "happy" about his one

Btw, sosu regarding what you said about the Huna twins, that you can´t imagine them playing with noone else than Kriska, there actually is one person that I can. And if the rumours are true, then we will see a Huna-Huna-Huna(maybe RiRoRu sounds better) line this year, Kosice fans would be real "happy" about his one

I heard that too
    and I can't wait for the new season so I can see them playing :)

I am quite sure once there will be the Huna line in Mikulas ;) well, I hope so... it could be nice to have the trio at home

btw, we always laughed about this - do you know the Queen song "Sheer Heart Attack"? in 1:03 Fredy is singing something that reminds me "hunaaa, hunaaa, hunaaa..." :))) they're famous :))))
    here is that song (and I know he sings something different, but... still :))
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXc_z5x5oQY

I heard that too
    and I can't wait for the new season so I can see them playing :)

I am quite sure once there will be the Huna line in Mikulas ;) well, I hope so... it could be nice to have the trio at home

btw, we always laughed about this - do you know the Queen song "Sheer Heart Attack"? in 1:03 Fredy is singing something that reminds me "hunaaa, hunaaa, hunaaa..." :))) they're famous :))))
    here is that song (and I know he sings something different, but... still :))
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXc_z5x5oQY
    I think they´ll be back in Mikulas, but we´re still a few years away from that.

about the sing, though I think Freddy is just simply singing nanana or something like that in a very strange way

Dukla Trencin signed D Daniel Hancak from Slovan Bratislava

KHL Draft

So far following guys were selected:
    15.F Tomáš Tatar(Zvolen/SVK) SKA St. Petersburg
    42.G Jaroslav Janus (Erie Otters/OHL) Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
    60.F Juraj Mikúš (HK 36 Skalica/SVK) Spartak Moscow
    69. F Richard Pánik (HC Oceláři Třínec/CZE) Avtomobilist Jekaterinburg

EDIT: Some quote from Tatar about the KHL draft
    "I´m a little surprised that I was chosen by a club from KHL, because noone has spoken about the possibility of me playing in this league before. I was not contacted by any Russian team. I don´t know based on what the KHL teams chose the players. In Toronto I spoke about it with Rišo Pánik and we had a good laugh about it, noone has contacted him either."
    Last edited by jaaa; 01-06-2009 at 14:36.

So, F Rudolf Huna signed a one year contract with HC Kosice after all.
    That´s gonna make the Slovan-Kosice games even better 2 Huna´s,1 Hudacek for Slovan versus 1 Huna, 1 Hudacek for Kosice.

Czech F Jan Kopecky leaves HC Kosice.

Dukla Trenčín signs 37 year old Czech veteran forward Roman Šimíček for one year.

EXTRALIGA BUDGETS

I was wondering whether you can help me with info on the team budgets

Here's are the figures and info I have found so far:

In mio. €

2008-09
    Slovan Bratislava 3.7
    Kosice 3.2
    Zvolen (2.3 - but cuts were made during the season)
    Dukla 1.5
    Poprad 1.49
    Banska Bystrica 1.3
    Liptovsky 1.125

2009-10
    Slovan Bratislava 3.2
    Kosice (3.2 - depending on EHCL)
    Dukla 1.5
    Banska Bystrica 1.3
    Zvolen 1.3
    Spisska Nova Ves 0.835 (played in 1.liga last year: player budget 0.275)
    Liptovsky 0.9

Martin (budget will be cut by 1/3). Ticket revenues declined 30% last season.
    Zilina: budget will be cut 20-60%
    Nitra: budget will be cut 20-30%
    Poprad: in danger of collapsing, the team has lost their main sponsor. current budget: 0.33

As of 2010-11, the Extraliga will be reduced to 10 teams

I'm specifically interested in HK32 Skalica, MHC Martin, Zilina. Nitra's 2008-09 budgets.

I'm sure the figures are gross budgets. The actually salary budgets would be in the range 0.4-0.6 of the gross budgets.

Well, it is incredibly hard to find, it will be easier to get the exact numbers at the start of the season. I tried to do some research but found only some old data about Martin.
    http://www.mhcmartin.sk/index.php?ID...lid=2159&kat=1
    I only found a mention of it in this interview with their GM, but the interview is from March. He said that the projected budget is 40million SK/ 1,357 mil. Euro
    It should have been decided whether it will be like this in April, but I didn´t find any new numbers.

Maybe sosu can help a bit more here.

Jaaa, I know that it's a little early to get info on the 2009-10, but I am actually looking for the 2008-09 budget figures.

Thanks for the figure on MHC Martin. I now only miss: HK32 Skalica, Zilina, Nitra and Kezmarok. (2008-09 budgets)

Ahh, okay, I guess I should pay more attention to what you actually wrote next time. Sorry.

Zilina: 30-35 million SK/ 1-1,16 million €
    Skalica: 60 million SK/ 1,99 million € Without costs for the premises of the arena, which is paid by the town Skalica.
    Martrin: 65 million SK/ 2,15million € Without costs for the premises of the arena, which is paid by the town Martin.
    Nitra: 50 million SK/ 1,66 € Without premises costs.

Surce: http://www.hokej.sk/extraliga/clanok...u_novacika.htm

The article is from the start of the season, so it is possible that the budgets were cut during the season.

I hope that helped.

Btw Karsten, it´s HK 36 Skalica, not 32.

Thanks a lot. This makes it easier to follow the current debate on the impact of the financial crisis on the teams.

Basingstoke Bison EPL have signed Ondrej Lauko. He spent the last 2 seasons playing in Poland but prior to that spent his whole career with VTJ Topolcalny.

Zigmund Palffy stays with Skalica
    SKA offered him a monster salary, but he decided to stay at home. This is good news for HK36 Skalica. Will he be aiming to improve his league records?

SKA offered him a monster salary, but he decided to stay at home. This is good news for HK36 Skalica. Will he be aiming to improve his league records?
    Well, I wouldn´t be 100% sure about that. Palffy didn´t say a owrd yet that he was staying. Only SKA declared that Palffy would not play there also because of the players they have signed recently. But he still could go somewhere else.

Well, I wouldn´t be 100% sure about that. Palffy didn´t say a owrd yet that he was staying. Only SKA declared that Palffy would not play there also because of the players they have signed recently. But he still could go somewhere else.
    This is from Soviet Sport today:

Palffy: "I have decided to stay home. I am not going anywhere, not even for that amount of money."

http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/333340

This is from Soviet Sport today:

Palffy: "I have decided to stay home. I am not going anywhere, not even for that amount of money."
    Really??!!! Thanks for the link......he has not said anything to Slovak media...though I´m not sure whether anybody asked him at all....

Very good news not only for Skalica, but for all Slovakian League. Maybe in nearly future some more slovakian stars will decide to back to home league?

F Miroslav Stolc from HC 05´ Banska Bystrica signed a contract with French team CSG Strassburg.
    Last edited by jaaa; 04-06-2009 at 15:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Matavermis View Post
    Very good news not only for Skalica, but for all Slovakian League. Maybe in nearly future some more slovakian stars will decide to back to home league?
    Well, in Nitra they´re still in vain waiting for the return of their lost son and Ziggy´s best buddy Jozko Stumpel. Also, Pavol Demitra has declared that he plans to retire after next season (I think it was next season), but he does not plan to play for Dukla, but plans to work in their structures.

F Miroslav Izvolt from HC 05´ Banska Bystrica signed a contract with French team CSG Strassburg.
    it's Stolc, not Izvolt
    or are they both going? :)

it's Stolc, not Izvolt
    or are they both going? :)
    No, of course, you´re right, it´s Stolc, I don´t know what I was thinking about when I wrote that one

2. liga in 2009/2010 season

System of 2.liga in 2009/2010:
    -15 teams
    - the newest team is Medokýš Turčianske Teplice
    -the teams will be divided in 3 groups during the regular season
    I guess it will be West, Central and Eastern
    -2 best teams from each group will play for the title in 2.liga and also for direct promtion into 1.liga after the regular season

System of 2.liga in 2009/2010:
    -15 teams
    - the newest team is Medokýš Turčianske Teplice
    -the teams will be divided in 3 groups during the regular season
    I guess it will be West, Central and Eastern
    -2 best teams from each group will play for the title in 2.liga and also for direct promtion into 1.liga after the regular season
    could you name these 15 teams? Brezno will play in higher division? what about Lucenec, will play 2rd league?

Well, I only have the info from here http://www.szlh.sk/clanok/42494-Druh...-novom-formate

Well, I only have the info from here http://www.szlh.sk/clanok/42494-Druh...-novom-formate
    I mean that they are:
    1Gelnica,
    2 Humenné,
    3 Rim. Sobota,
    4 Ružomberok,
    5 Sabinov,
    6 MI Ružinov BA,
    7 Dubnica,
    8 Levice,
    9 HK 96Nitra,
    10 Partizánske,
    11 Púchov,
    12 Šaľa,
    13 Zl. Moravce,
    14 Žiar n./Hr.,
    15 Medokýš Turčianske Teplice as a newest team
    16 Lucenec (relegated from 1league)

Brezno (promoted)

but, it is 16 teams, not 15! My question is, did Puchov promote too? or some club did not sent a aplication for next season?

I don´t really know. I even heard that Nove Zamky should be playing 2.liga. And I guess it is possible that Puchov got promoted too as there are three clubs leaving 1.liga. But I guess we won´t find that out until the meeting of 1.liga is over, I think it should be in the closest days.
    But from what I know, Ziar nad Hronom had some serious trouble, maybe they didn´t apply??

Summer Hockey Tournaments in Slovakia:

Rona Cup (13.-15. August 2009), Trencin
    Group A
    HC Košice
    Hk 36 Skalica
    Dukla Trencin

Group B
    HC Ocelari Trinec
    RI Okna Zlin
    Hkm Zvolen

Cassovia Hockey Cup 2009 (25.-27. August), Kosice
    HC Kosice
    HC Slovan Bratislava
    MHK 32 Liptovsky Mikulas
    Dukla Trencin

It seems that this year will be without Tatranský pohár (Tatran Cup) because of the struggles in Poprad.

Does anyone have info whether there will be Zábojníkov Memoriál in Zvolen this year and what teams are particpating if yes, I can´t find anything.

Also, HK 36 Skalica will take part in the Cup of the President of Bashkiryia frm August 24.-26.

F Libor Teplicky and D Andrej Brejka from HK Poprad signed a contract with French team Nice HCA.

they both are our juniors. what I know from Andy, he wanted to stay in Poprad, he was joking that he would play for free, but mr Turan said him he is not perspective and he don't know a boy like him in team
    he also told to Patrik Svitana "my dear, get a job, you can't be a hockey player"
    this is how we lose our young players...

F Libor Teplicky and D Andrej Brejka from HK Poprad signed a contract with French team Nice HCA.

they both are our juniors. what I know from Andy, he wanted to stay in Poprad, he was joking that he would play for free, but mr Turan said him he is not perspective and he don't know a boy like him in team
    he also told to Patrik Svitana "my dear, get a job, you can't be a hockey player"
    this is how we lose our young players...
    Turan is

Though France, really?? Couldn´t they go to some other Slovak team?

Turan is

Though France, really?? Couldn´t they go to some other Slovak team?
    ^^ tell ME about it, I am "persona non grata" for him :)))
    because I can't

well, I don't think they are good enough for SE (but in the team for this season in Poprad, definitely yes), but in 1.liga they could play... don't know, how they get contract in France, Andy haven't got any agent, maybe it is through Libor...? I haven't chance to ask
    Andy was still unprized - he was the thirteenth in twelve, so he played defender... and still he was as good as tenth or eight... I really can't understand everything...

I mean that they are:
    1Gelnica,
    2 Humenné,
    3 Rim. Sobota,
    4 Ružomberok,
    5 Sabinov,
    6 MI Ružinov BA,
    7 Dubnica,
    8 Levice,
    9 HK 96Nitra,
    10 Partizánske,
    11 Púchov,
    12 Šaľa,
    13 Zl. Moravce,
    14 Žiar n./Hr.,
    15 Medokýš Turčianske Teplice as a newest team
    16 Lucenec (relegated from 1league)

Brezno (promoted)

but, it is 16 teams, not 15! My question is, did Puchov promote too? or some club did not sent a aplication for next season?
    I found this, but I´m not sure how trustworthy it is, since source is discussion on hokej.sk

SKUPINA A
    HK 96 NITRA
    HK NOVE ZAMKY
    HK LEVICE
    HK RONDIS SALA
    MI HOBA BRATISLAVA

SKUPINA B
    HK PUCHOV
    MHK DUBNICA
    HK ISKRA PARTIZANSKE
    MHK RUZOMBEROK
    HK MEDOKYS TURCIANSKE TEPLICE

SKUPINA C
    HKM LUCENEC
    HK GELNICA
    MHK SABINOV
    HKM HUMENNE
    MHK RIM.SOBOTA

But from what I know, Ziar nad Hronom had some serious trouble, maybe they didn´t apply??
    I think this is most probably option - in march I have read that article where was written they are quiting, then article that they want to stay, but need more than 150.000 € for ice rink to start the new season in september
    I really don't know what is going on now - also I tried to search for informations on their website, but no result...

I found this, but I´m not sure how trustworthy it is, since source is discussion on hokej.sk

SKUPINA A
    HK 96 NITRA
    HK NOVE ZAMKY
    HK LEVICE
    HK RONDIS SALA
    MI HOBA BRATISLAVA

SKUPINA B
    HK PUCHOV
    MHK DUBNICA
    HK ISKRA PARTIZANSKE
    MHK RUZOMBEROK
    HK MEDOKYS TURCIANSKE TEPLICE

SKUPINA C
    HKM LUCENEC
    HK GELNICA
    MHK SABINOV
    HKM HUMENNE
    MHK RIM.SOBOTA
    I think this is right - that guy who wrotes this on hokej.sk looks "knowledgeable" ;)
    so it's Nove Zamky instead of Zlate Moravce, HOBA instead of Ruzinov (I was thinking what will happen to them while Slovan is playing in Ruzinov - and so this is it, they are going to Dubravka) and without Ziar nad Hronom...

An interesting piece from SZLH on their website about the youth work.

http://www.szlh.sk/clanok/42554-Prac...u-navratnostou

And some great alibism from the federation in the Extraliga once again:
    I´m too lazy to translate the whole things, so I´ll just do it like this (my comments are in italics):

"Metodické oddelenie v spolupráci s regionálnymi trénermi vytvorilo podmienky pre stabilizovanie hráčskeho kádra 14 a 15-ročných hokejistov, teda adeptov na začlenenie do najmladšieho reprezentačného družstva SR 16, formou krátkych výcvikových táborov. Výsledok: výber SR 15 posledné štyri roky dominoval v medzinárodnej konfrontácii tejto vekovej kategórie na turnaji v Česku."

This piece talks about stabilizing the 14-15 y.o. players and establishing them to the youngest national team U16.
    The result: the U15 has dominated the U15 tourney in the Czech republic for the last 4 years.

The flaws of this part: The tourney is defintely the Christmas tourney Beskyd Cup and while it definitely is a great experience for the players and it is good to take part in such tournaments, the competition there does not seem like the highest level of competition.
    This year it included Belarus U15, Austria U15, Northern Moravia U15 and Olomouc region U15. For example the same U15 team that won this tournament has had some great results at this years U18 WC: USA 0:12, SWE 0:7, FIN 0:7, GER 5:4 SO. While noone is expecting them to compete for medals this are not acceptable results even for the 10th ranked country in ice-hockey.

Argument kritikov, že na Slovensku sme po Pálffym, Hossovi, či Gáboríkovi nevychovali už dlhé roky veľký talent, nestojí na pevných nohách. Prečo Kanada po Gretzkom, či Lemieuxovi, čakala dve desaťročia na Crosbyho? Prečo magická sovietska trojica sedemdesiatych a osemdesiatych rokov minulého storočia Makarov, Larionov Krutov má nástupcov v podobe Ovečkina, Malkina, Kovaľčuk až v súčasnosti? Jednoducho, je to v prírode... Géniovia v akejkoľvek oblasti ľudského bytia sa nerodia každý rok.

This talks how the critics are saying that no big talent was brought up after Palffy, Hossa or Gaborik and the author of the article compares it to how it took 20 years until Gretzky or Lemieux it took 20 years till Crosby or how long it took until Ovechkin, Malkin, Kovalchuk replaced Makarov, Larionov, Krutov. And that genius in one aspect of life ain´t born every day.

Flaws of this part: How can somebody seriously compara Hossa, Gaborik or Palffy to those like of the Canadians and Russians that were mentioned!!?? Maybe Gaborik and Palffy based pure on talent if there weren´t their injuries might come closer to them. And the biggest flaw while Canada/Russia have brought up some generational talents only every twenty years, they have brought up a huge number of players who are top players in the game currently while we were brought up mainly average players some to below average, with one overaverage to top player here and there.

Slovensko má v porovnaní s vyspelým hokejovým svetom jednu veľkú nevýhodu - malú „populačnú základňu". Krajina s päť a pol miliónmi obyvateľov nemôže mať porovnateľnú hráčsku zásobáreň so štátmi, ktoré majú dva a viacnásobne viac obyvateľov. S počtom mladých registrovaných hokejistov totiž patrí Slovensku v pomyselnom vo svetovom rebríčku až desiata priečka.

Here it talks about how a 5,5 million country can´t have the same player base who have twice as much and more inhabitans.

Flaws of this part: Hm, okay, I would be eager to know how they would explain these numbers:
    Finland
    Population: 5,3 million
    Total players: 61, 684
    Junior players: 36,411

Slovakia
    Population: 5,5 million
    Total players: 9 870
    Junior players: 7 657

I find it interesting that a country that has even smaller population than ours ca have three times more junior players than we have total players?? Of course, you can blame it on other things, but surely they have seen TV, computers or video games in Finland as well??

And other comparison since they mentioned countires with twice as much inhabitans as Slovakia, let´s take a look at the Czech republic´s number.

Czech republic
    Population: 10,4 million
    Total players: 94 867
    Junior players: 34, 032

And how the numbers would look if you simply double the Slovak number of players since the Czech rep. has twice as more inhabitans:

Czech republic
    Population: 10,4 million
    Total players: 19 740
    Junior players: 15 314

Something´s gotta be wrong then, ha?

These facts make this lovely article in one of the biggest BULLSHIT I have ever read.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information