• CAN vs SVK, Slovakia will win

7 10.29%
  • FRA vs GER, France will win

11 16.18%
  • FRA vs GER, Germany will win

56 82.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Day 5 - Tuesday April 28th - RUS vs SUI, HUN vs BLR, CAN vs SVK, FRA vs GER

2009 IHWC Day 5 - Tuesday April 28th - RUS vs SUI, HUN vs BLR, CAN vs SVK, FRA vs GER

Vote for each of the 4 results above

28.04.2009, 16:15, Russia - Switzerland (Berne)
    28.04.2009, 16:15, Hungary - Belarus (Zürich-Kloten)
    28.04.2009, 20:15, Canada - Slovakia (Berne)
    28.04.2009, 20:15, France - Germany (Zürich-Kloten)

Use this thread for the games of Day 5

Post your predictions, comments, reactions etc.....

Remember for our Prediction Game to put your predictions here:
    http://www.internationalhockey.net/f...ead.php?t=8164

IHF Member
    RUS-SUI 3:4
    HUN-BLR 1:5
    CAN-SVK 6:3
    FRA-GER 2:1

IHF Prospect
    Russia-Switzerland 4:2
    Hungary-Belarus 1:4
    Canada-Slovakia 5:2
    France-Germany 2:5

IHF Member
    rus- sui 5-3
    hun - blr 1-3
    can- svk 4-2
    fra- ger 1-4

Russia - Switzerland 4-1
    Hungary - Belarus 3-2 OT
    Canada - Slovakia 4-2
    France - Germany 1-3

Russia - Switzerland 4-2 (Switzerland is good, but russia is too good for them)
    Hungary - Belarus 3-4 (Hungary trying hard, but can´t avoid relegation round)
    Canada - Slovakia 5-1 (Canada is too strong for slovakia)
    France - Germany 1-3 (A result i hope for, but i expect a pretty close game and a hard fight)

Russia - Switzerland 3-1
    Hungary - Belarus 1-4
    Canada - Slovakia 5-2
    France - Germany 1-3

Russia and Canada will definitely win theirs games, but all of them, include Slovakia and Switzerland, will qualify to next round. Belarus will win game against Hungary and will be promoted too. Germany, after close game I hope, will be promoted to Best 12. And Hungary and Frace will play in relegation group after first round.

Quote Originally Posted by Matavermis View Post
    Russia - Switzerland 3-1
    Hungary - Belarus 1-4
    Canada - Slovakia 5-2
    France - Germany 1-3

Russia and Canada will definitely win theirs games, but all of them, include Slovakia and Switzerland, will qualify to next round. Belarus will win game against Hungary and will be promoted too. Germany, after close game I hope, will be promoted to Best 12. And Hungary and Frace will play in relegation group after first round.

I really hope you are right with this one, the FRA-GER game could already be a decisive game for Team Austria too, because i dont see any chance of persisting in the relegation round when we have to play either DEN/NOR and GER. Assuming a loss against Latvija tomorrow, FRA and HUN may be the only two teams within our range right now.

My tips for this day:

RUS - SUI 6-3
    HUN - BEL 2-6
    CAN - SVK 5-1
    FRA - GER 2-4

Good hockey day again. Some predictions with Sweden were not only wrong but near arrogance. like the 9:0 somebody put down. I disagree completely with comments saying that the USA in the WC are not taking things seriously. Why should they participate then. Anybody who has played hockey or done whatever sport in competition knows this is rubbish. Same commentaries with Champion league and Swedish clubs. The truth, they received good beatings, because I think that without NHL player they are not better than other nations for instance Switzerland.
    Concerning Switzerland its very positive that Hiller and the Ducks pass to quarter final in NHL although I would have loved to have him in the net for us. Yannick Weber of Canadians and Bulldogs will arrive to reinforce the team. Even if the Swiss have progressed I don't think they can beat Russia, but we also said that of ZSC against Magnitogorsk. So let's see!!

IHF Member
    Ibizajp, I agree. Remember Swedens results last year. Barely won vs. Belarus, lost vs. Switzerland, but nearly made it to the final.

Marcel Goc, Christian Ehrhoff, any thoughts if they joining TEAM GERMANY?

also Douglas mourray for Sweden would be nice but dont seems like BĹ Gustafsson would like him to much in the team

my thoughts

RUS - SUI 2 - 3
    HUN - BEL 2 - 4
    CAN - SVK 3 - 4
    FRA - GER 0 - 3

If Switzerland gonna win they need so much good goaltending so Gerber or whoever in the crease need to step it up a couple of levels

Game 17 & 18 line ups:
    - RUS - SUI
    - HUN - BLR

Ruskies will win, Magyarorszag (or sth like that- wow, it seems I got it right!) will lose big time, French will get a point from Allemagne et Slovensko will lose but Hossa will score again

IHF Member
    Russia-Switzerland 5:2
    Hungary-Belarus 1:3
    Canada-Slovakia 6:1
    France-Germany 2:3 SO

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leksandstars View Post
    also Douglas mourray for Sweden would be nice but dont seems like BĹ Gustafsson would like him to much in the team
    Imo it would be awful to have Murray in the team. He's too slow for bigger rinks and would cause more problems than he would help the team. So even if I like him as a player I don't think he would be a good addition for the swedish team right now.

France could win today, otherwise, no surprises imo. But you never know if switzerland will fight for the win.

IHF Prospect
    Russia - Switzerland 5 - 1
    -Russians cruise to an easy victory, Swiss team hasn't played very well in first two games, I expect some improvements to their game in next round.

Canada - Slovakia 6 - 0
    -Lopsided victory to Canada, Slovaks have looked horrible in two first games, though addition of Halak should help them a lot, Stana was bit shaky in two first games.

Hungary - Belarus 2 - 5
    -It's a battle of two great goalies, Mezin and Szuper, and this time, Andrei takes the win as Belarus sweeps Hungary. Expect a huge game from Grabovski.

France - Germany 2 - 6
    -Krupp's team clinch the place in Qualification round with a comfortable victory over France. If Lhenry plays like he did in the game against SUI, it could be close, but I don't see that happening, and the overwhelming difference in player material in favour of Germans should give Deutschland those 3 important points.
    Last edited by Vermette #20; 28-04-2009 at 16:31. Reason: oops, i was bit late

1-1 and a brawl for swi vs rus

IHF Member
    After one period Belarus might lead, bit Hungary is great... Only if Mezin were a bit more sleepy...

Whats is going on with russia today?! After the first period the swiss team is leading 2-1!

IHF Prospect
    Too many penalties for Russia...

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabal View Post
    Whats is going on with russia today?! After the first period the swiss team is leading 2-1!
    Switzerland playing without any respect today, the russians seems to be in chock since they're used to things being a bit easier than it is today...

IHF Member
    They Mighty Magyars score! and about time aswell, soo many chances they are playing great!

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer86 View Post
    They Mighty Magyars score! and about time aswell, soo many chances they are playing great!
    And Szuper playes super again.

IHF Member
    We may still be relegated, but please don't tell us that we did not die trying... :-)

IHF Prospect
    30-16 sog, but still 1-1. omg =/

Sui - Rus great game so far.
    2011/2012. - 50th Anniversary of KHL Medveščak Zagreb !

IHF Member
    I think it is not realistic to judge a goalie against Canada when they are playing like that and you have back as ours... Nothing wrong with them, just Canada is much too much for them.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeStyle View Post
    30-16 sog, but still 1-1. omg =/
    Belarus plays well but blinked for two half periods when we clearly dominated. Great pressure between the goal and the last minutes, when Hungary woke up a bit with some chances. But Szuper is Super indeed.

IHF Member
    And not just Szuper plays great!

Quote Originally Posted by veghist View Post
    We may still be relegated, but please don't tell us that we did not die trying... :-)
    Hm, i see good chances that you may be able to stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by kerusz View Post
    Of course, but his name and the word super are almost the same.

Omg matches looks exciting and i am still stuck in work.
    Ice Hockey is life and nothing else matters.

Favourites now leading:

Belarus - Hungary 2-1
    Russia - Switzerland 3-2

Bezina cost us the game against Germany and now this.........The guy should be out and for good....

Damn - I really hoped that Hungary will win this game. Belarus decided 6 minuts before the games end - looks like they took the pattern from us.

IHF Member
    really good performance by switzerland today. both Sweden and the USA will have big problems when facing them.
    Kovaltjuk had an unbelievable game too. He made the difference today with 1 goal and 2 assist. Everytime he got the puck Russia created something

I watch Halak all the time, he clearly has improved over a year and is more strong in position and between the pipes. He clearly should have started over price in the playoffs, but Montreal is a strange organization when it comes to "destiny" or "belief" If MTL was conservative and made the right calls Patrick Roy would have finished his career with MTL and probably there would be a game 6 in the BOS-MTL series. Anyway, Halak is a great goalie, I hope to see him vs Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by kerusz View Post
    In the IIHF article they said Szuper won the 1998 OHL playoffs Memorial Cup, F.W. “Dinty” Moore trophy winner as best rookie goaltender and Calder Championship in the AHL.

IHF Member
    Szuper had to be brought down, and the open net was too tempting 3:1, but it had to be tried.
    It was a very clean match, but the refs were a bit. Hm. Anyway they always seem to be vith the favorite. At the end it was clear that the Belorussians have much more space than they should have and our backs played sometimes with hands lifted, always demonstrating that they are innocent. All of our penalties came from thin air, and forced us to play too soft defense in the last period. On the other hand no Belorussians were sent off... No comment.
    I still think that we are no one match wonder, and have very neat chance to stay in, especially the Germans defeat the French, because if not, there will be less chace, because Germans cannot be relegated.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellsworth View Post
    Damn - I really hoped that Hungary will win this game. Belarus decided 6 minuts before the games end - looks like they took the pattern from us.
    We hoped that either... :)

Strange, but we had quite a lot of chances to score in the third period. Anyway, great game from the guys, seems that we are not as far from the middle of the elite as everybody expected.

Good luck for CAN, SVK and BLR in the second round!

IHF Prospect
    It wasn't easy, but we won. It will be really hard if Hungary used some of their 100% chanses.

First of all, congrat to Belarus. Very important win for them.

I'm very proud of our team. We played a more or less equal game against the 9th strongest team!! Those who saw the match, know what I say. The SOG is a bit misleading here, we had at least the same amount of big chances.

The crowd was fantasti again, probably all time best. Canadian players one after another also confirmed it after our duel vs them(and the international press too).

We could hold Grabovsky off, he had no serious chance to score, except the empty net goal of course.
    Our main problem seems to be the first couple of minutes of the game. Seems we cannot keep the rythm at start, and I'm sure it is not accidental.

I know some posters will judge me as a bad loser, but I must say, refereeing leaves some questions in our games. Against Belarus, we didn't get a single powerplay effectively. Only one exclusion for Belarus after big protest of Cortina, while our 2 last exclusions were nothing ...
    Against Slovakia 2nd goal was against the rules, 3rd goal questionable too, and we got only 1 PP.

Well, I'm more than optimistic before the relegation round, we will play vs less stronger teams than in preliminary round. Possibly we had the hardest group of all.
    I do believe we have good chances to avoid the relegation.

A little addition:

I saw some of the Slovakian and Belarussian members said, they played bad against us. Maye cause they still treat us as an exoticum. However I think, a game depends on 2 teams. Maybe we played well, and not the opponents played bad.

Hungary are getting there and thereabouts and with new talent in the pipeline set to mature Hari et al they can become a Top 10 nation for sure over the next decade.

Everything seems to be proceeding in the right direction there.

Seems Switzerland were unlucky not to get more out of this game. A good wake up call for Russia perhaps. Radulov showed his immaturity again it appears.

At this rate I reckon for a Canada v Finland final and USA v Russia bronze medal match.

Bykov has his work cut out until the NYR KO the Caps.

Coss you nearly had it exactly right ;).

Very intense game between swi-rus. Russians don't like to be challenged and had penalties for nervous response to pressure. Switzerland outshout Russia 34:21 or something like that. Gerber except on first goal was perfect, so was defense play ,until 9 minutes to the end when Bezina made his 2nd or third error in this tournament. I think its done for him and freshly arrived for Montreal Weber, will take his place. So everybody hopes. Last goal was an empty netter. Anyway after so so games against FR and GER this is our team again.

Game 19 & 20 line-ups:
    - FRA - GER
    - CAN - SVK

Nailbiting game between Rus and Swi, i was so rooting for the home team. They sure have risen since their first games.. 4-2, but just a hair away from 3-3.

IHF Member
    Switzerland will have its opportunity against USA and Sweden... if they rock, they could go far, far...

Very close game between france and germany so far. 1-1 the score.

And Jochen Hecht scored his first tournament goal this year.

10:57 in the first Can-Slo
    Canada 2-0 both goals on the power play. Slovakia is being too rough, one incident was a high stick to a Canuck causing him to go to the ice with a large gash and there was no 5 minute major or penalty called.

IHF Member
    what channel is the ger vs fra game on in germany i wanna see if i can find a live feed, the myp2p feed isent working for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information