Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2010 IIHF World Championship in Germany - News/discussion

Here are more details on the opening game: http://www.eishockey.info/eishockey/...&artikel=19852

14:00 Start of party with live program on stage
    17:15 Arena doors open
    17:45 Official opening show, game of hockey legends, presentaion of partcipiants (Scooter *bah*), opening ceremony
    20:15 Face off
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    - www.anne-emscher.net -

IHF Member
    The World Championship feels like a looser price to win this year. It feels very empty after the failure at the Olympics.

I think Russia will send a strong team but I have a bad feeling about team Sweden.

Sweden needs a lot of NHL players to be able to fight for the gold but I don´t think so many will show up.

NHL players ready to go:

Bergfors(F)
    Steen(F)
    Hedman(D)

Maybe ready to go:

Enström(D)
    Strĺlman(D)
    Eriksson(F)
    Hörnqvist(F)
    Gustavsson(G)

The big problem are the weak Sweden team out side NHL, they have nothing to put up in the EHT so team Sweden needs its NHL players.

The dream would be to see the Red Wings players on the team. But its a long shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    The World Championship feels like a looser price to win this year. It feels very empty after the failure at the Olympics.

I think Russia will send a strong team but I have a bad feeling about team Sweden.

Sweden needs a lot of NHL players to be able to fight for the gold but I don´t think so many will show up.

NHL players ready to go:

Bergfors(F)
    Steen(F)
    Hedman(D)

Maybe ready to go:

Enström(D)
    Strĺlman(D)
    Eriksson(F)
    Hörnqvist(F)
    Gustavsson(G)

The big problem are the weak Sweden team out side NHL, they have nothing to put up in the EHT so team Sweden needs its NHL players.

The dream would be to see the Red Wings players on the team. But its a long shoot.
    I don't know about Russia being so good. be without many Olympic NHLers-
    all 3 goalies won't be there Varlamov's and Nabokov's teams are in 1st place for there conference and Bryzgalov's team is in 4
    they also be without Defenceman - Gonchar and most likely Volchenkov and Andrei Markov
    And Forwards- Ovechkin, Semin, Kovalchuk, Malkin and Datsyuk who are all important players.
    but they still have a chance to win of course they will most likely have Afinogenov and all the KHLers will be there but are missing big NHL players unless some of there teams come out with early playoff exits it might change the story

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snype View Post
    I don't know about Russia being so good. be without many Olympic NHLers-
    all 3 goalies won't be there Varlamov's and Nabokov's teams are in 1st place for there conference and Bryzgalov's team is in 4
    they also be without Defenceman - Gonchar and most likely Volchenkov and Andrei Markov
    And Forwards- Ovechkin, Semin, Kovalchuk, Malkin and Datsyuk who are all important players.
    but they still have a chance to win of course they will most likely have Afinogenov and all the KHLers will be there but are missing big NHL players unless some of there teams come out with early playoff exits it might change the story
    The trend is clear...North America are becoming more and more dominant in world hockey....Sweden and Russia can for the moment keep up good if we look to the top players and prospects but Czech.Republic, Finland and Slovakia will have a hard time.

The big problem for Sweden is the big gap between the players in NHL and the players left in Europe. Sweden can no longer build a strong team with the left overs in Europe. It was four players to many from Europe in the Sweden Olympic team. The fact is Sweden have all its top 30 players in NHL.

And its not good at all to have a coach like Bengt-Ĺke, he have shown very little interest for NHL, and he have not been so updated with the new Sweden players in the league.

And l think some of the big players maybe will refuse to play in the World Championship to his lack of coaching skills and maybe also for they feel rejected. Hedberg is maybe the number one Sweden goaltender in the NHL this year but he was not even on the first Olympic-list so l think he is lost for the IHWC.

The best thing have been to start fresh in the IHWC with Mĺrts. He have great knowledge about the new upcoming Sweden players and he can start to build a new team for the 2014 Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by tux96 View Post
    Here is the official song for the 2010 IHWC in Germany:
    http://www.myvideo.de/watch/7349029/...tuck_On_Replay
    Listened to it a few times. The first time I hated it, Euro dance never liked it. However, the more you listen to it the more it becomes catchy. It really fits the hockey game and the purpose is for the fans to get involved. There's a few phrases for the fans to get into it.

http://www.iihf.com/channels10/iihf-...me/raffle.html
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlpNp2HBNUE

somebody time travel to may 23
    does the russian bear get even with the pesky canucks?
    ahhh i can't wait.....
    ***СЛАЯ***

IHF Member
    Coca-Cola, for many years considered being the most valuable and one of the most renowned brands of the world, is an "Official Partner of the 2010 IIHF

World Championship". Furthermore, a partnership with the German Ice Hockey Federation (DEB) has also been concluded.

Coca-Cola, one of the great partners for sports and a supporter of Olympic Games since 1928, will supply many important areas of the World Championship organization with non-alcoholic refreshment drinks. In addition, Coca-Cola will utilize their tremendous presence in the market in order to support the advertising for the 2010 IIHF World Championship proactively.

"It makes us very proud that a world brand like Coca-Cola is giving their commitment to the sport of Ice Hockey in Germany. This partnership is very important for us as everyone can imagine the amounts of refreshment drinks that are need to quench the thirst of all the people involved during an IIHF World Championship in an environment of 56 games. Coca-Cola is offering their entire product range to us and will also strongly support our World Championship advertising with manifold measures" commented Franz Reindl, General Secretary of the 2010 IIHF World Championship and the DEB's Director of Sports, on the conclusion of the partnership.

.... who wants to drink Coke?

We all are icehockey fans

The Championship webshop is now open. Most of the lower ranked team have slight modifications to their jerseys. Once again it pisses me off that the merchandiser can't get Latvia's flag right. They simply re-coloured the Austrian flag, instead of putting in the two minutes to get the proportions right. Is it really that hard to do things properly?
    Last edited by v-man; 28-03-2010 at 09:54.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by v-man View Post
    The Championship webshop is now open. Most of the lower ranked team have slight modifications to their jerseys. Once again it pisses me off that the merchandiser can't get Latvia's flag right. They simply re-coloured the Austrian flag, instead of putting in the two minutes to get the proportions right. Is it really that hard to do things properly?
    Thanks!

But I don't like them so much
    no problem, so I spend more money for beer, than souvenirs!

We all are icehockey fans

Quote Originally Posted by jaaa View Post
    I suppose that means we´re gonna get Glen Hanlon.
    Just as I said.
    25th of June 2015 - Worst day in the history of modern hockey in Slovakia

See you in 2019...perhaps...

Does anyone else thinks this reads like a stupid article?
    http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/n...html?tx_ttnews[backPid]=955&cHash=0882fc76db

Jaromir Jagr anounced he would to play on IHWC in Germany.
    Bo gdyby, ach gdyby wszystko na tym świecie dało się rostrzygać na lodowiskach, w trzech tercjach, kijem i krążkiem, to nie tylko wszak kanadyjskim zawodowcom z NHL, nie tylko wiarołomnym antysocjalistycznym Czechom, ale całemu światu, ba, nawet duszmanom z Pandższiru, Heratu i Kandaharu spuściłaby tęgi a druzgocący wpierdol hokejowa reprezentacja ZSRR, a w jej składzie Ragulin, Fetisow, Kasatonow oraz, bladź, Kapustin, Golikow i Malcew.

Andrzej Sapkowski, "Żmija"

IHF Member
    About Sweden being weak outside NHL: BS. Almost every year we go to medal round with very few NHL:ers. For me Sweden has same chance for gold as Russia and Canada. Actually the OF loss in Olympics is Sweden's worst result in many years. Last year we took bronze. Why can't we do better this year?? Because the results in EHT?? The EHT is for BĹG to test new players in the team. It means nothing.

Okay now, here's the first Team Sweden camp roster:

Goalies: Anders Lindbäck, Timrĺ.
    Mattias Modig, Luleĺ.

Defenders: Johan Fransson, Luleĺ
    Mattias Karlsson, Timrĺ

Forwards: Jonas Andersson, Dynamo Minsk
    Jonathan Granström, Brynäs
    Johan Harju, Dynamo Moskva
    Fredrik Hynning, Timrĺ
    Anton Lander, Timrĺ
    Joakim Lindström, Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod.
    Linus Omark, Dynamo Moskva
    Magnus Pääjärvi Svensson
    Daniel Widing, Davos

It's great to see Paajarvi and Lander there but where is Jacob Markstrom???? Modig over Markstrom?

Italy italy preliminary roster

Goalies:
    Bellissimo Daniel (Hc Asiago)
    Russo Adam (Port Huron Icehawks Ihl - Usa)
    Tragust Thomas (Esv Kaufbeuren – Ger)
    Hell Gunther (Vipiteno Broncos)
    Bernard Andreas (Liiga-Saipa Oy - Fin)
    Defence:
    Borgatello Christian (Hc Bolzano)
    Helfer Armin (Hc Valpusteria)
    Strazzabosco Michele (Hc Asiago)
    Signoretti Andrč (ZSC Lions - Sui)
    Johnson Trevor (Hc Bolzano)
    De Marchi Matthew (Hc Asiago)
    Plastino Nick (Hc Asiago)
    Hofer Armin (Hc Valpusteria)
    Gruber Ingemar (Renon)
    Gallace Steven (Sg Cortina)
    Larkin Thomas (Colgate University – Usa)
    Marchetti Stefano (Aquile Pontebba)
    Lutz Andreas (Aquile Pontebba)
    Willeit Christian (Hc Valpusteria).
    Forwards:
    Ansoldi Luca (Renon)
    Ramoser Roland (Hc Bolzano)
    Fontanive Nicola (Alleghe Hockey)
    Egger Alexander (Hc Bolzano)
    Pittis Jonathan (Hc Bolzano)
    Iannone Patrick (Hc Valpellice)
    De Toni Manuel (Alleghe Hockey)
    Pichler Thomas (Hc Val Pusteria/Sv Caldaro)
    Scandella Giulio (Rögle Bk – Swe)
    Oberrauch Max (Hc Valpusteria)
    Zisser Stefan (Hc Bolzano)
    Felicetti Luca (Aquile Pontebba)
    Tessari Matteo (Hc Asiago)
    Margoni Stefano (Shc Fassa)
    De Bettin Giorgio (Sg Cortina)
    Bernard Anton (Valley Junior Warriors – Usa)
    Parco John (Hc Asiago)
    Souza Michael (Sg Cortina)
    Insam Marco (Niagara Icedogs - Can)
    Gander Markus (Vipiteno)
    Iori Diego (Shc Fassa)
    Italy will play 4 preparatory matches:
    23 and 24 april in Asiago and Bolzano vs Russia
    01 and 02 may in Bolzano vs Kazakhstan

Quote Originally Posted by kun View Post
    Canada's Projected Lines

Forwards
    Steven Stamkos – Brad Richards – Steve Downie
    Nathan Horton – Stephen Weiss – Guillaume Latendresse
    Brad Boyes – Andy McDonald – James Neal
    Rene Bourque – John Tavares – Antoine Vermette
    Jordan Eberle

Defence
    Francois Beauchemin – Dion Phaneuf
    Marc Staal – Michael Del Zotto
    Stephane Robidas – Mark Giordano
    Kurtis Foster

Goaltenders
    Marty Turco
    Steve Mason
    Chris Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Snype View Post
    Canada's Projected Lines

Forwards
    Steven Stamkos – Brad Richards – Steve Downie
    Nathan Horton – Stephen Weiss – Guillaume Latendresse
    Brad Boyes – Andy McDonald – James Neal
    Rene Bourque – John Tavares – Antoine Vermette
    Jordan Eberle

Defence
    Francois Beauchemin – Dion Phaneuf
    Marc Staal – Michael Del Zotto
    Stephane Robidas – Mark Giordano
    Kurtis Foster

Goaltenders
    Marty Turco
    Steve Mason
    Chris Mason
    It's horrible to Canada's standard. Read all the best TSN comments no one likes this list.
    TSN totally off the ball on this one.

It's horrible to Canada's standard. Read all the best TSN comments no one likes this list.
    TSN totally off the ball on this one.
    probaly are. im thinking well see a Lecavalier, St.Louis and Stamkos line. steve mason shouldn't there with his awful sophomore season.

IHF Member

Denmark preliminary roster

Goaltenders:
    Simon Nielsen, SaPKo (Fin-1)
    Patrick Galbraith, Björklöven (SWE-1)

Backs:
    Jesper Damgaard, Malmö (SWE-1)
    Philip Hersby, Hvidovre
    Rasmus Damgaard
    Jesper Duus, Rřdovre
    Kasper Jensen, Rřdovre
    Philip Bruggisser, Esbjerg
    Kasper Pedersen, Rřdovre

Forwards:
    Mads Christensen, Iserlohn (DEL)
    Kim Staal, Malmö (SWE-1)
    Morten Green, Malmö (SWE-1)
    Nichlas Hardt, Malmö (SWE-1)
    Morten Madsen, MODO (SEL)
    Jannik Karvinen, Rřdovre
    Lasse Holgaard, Esbjerg
    Sune Hjulmand, Esbjerg
    Morten Poulsen, Rungsted
    Nicklas Carlsen, Hvidovre
    Morten Andreasen, Rřdovre
    Alexander Sundberg, Hvidovre

Mostly a training camp roster, since several players in Europe are unavailable due to playoffs.

IHF Member
    Does anyone else thinks this reads like a stupid article?
    http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/n...html?tx_ttnews[backPid]=955&cHash=0882fc76db
    What is it about this article you find so objectionable?

Quote Originally Posted by Heatleysucks View Post
    What is it about this article you find so objectionable?
    For instance, a March 24 TSN.ca article about Crosby's rivalry with Alexander Ovechkin proclaimed that the “score” was now “Sid 2, Ovi 0.” Why? “With a gold medal-winning performance at last month's Winter Olympics in Vancouver paired with a Stanley Cup ring earned last season, Sidney Crosby holds a two-title advantage over his Russian rival Alexander Ovechkin.”

Of course, a quick refresher on the criteria for admission to the IIHF's Triple Gold Club would reveal that, in fact, the “score” is now “Sid 2, Ovie 1.” That's because Ovechkin won gold at the 2008 IIHF World Championship when Russia beat Canada 5-4 in the final in Quebec City; Crosby has yet to capture a world title.

Still, the article is reflective of the mindset of many Canadian hockey journalists and fans.
    The mindset is reflective of journalists and fans? Sounds like a pigeon hole.

Moreover, is it even objectionable to uses the World Hockey Championship in a tournament both Ovechkin and Crosby attend on a chance they're out of the playoffs in time to be on the roster. Furthermore, he compares a team where Sid wasn't even on Canada's team.

It IIHF author almost screams at the publicity and over hype they give their tournaments. Especially after showcasing that the organization he/she works for is incompetent at running a league after folding it it's first season, losing the trust of European power house leagues and having little clout in negotiations deals.

He writes that it's a reflective mindset of journalists and fans? I wonder how they perceive themselves, because I can tell that many don't think much of the IIHF on these boards. And that's something I learned through reading people's comments.

Kazakhstan Kazakhstan National team Training

Andrey Shayanov work:

Evgeniy Rimarev:

Training Game:

foto by "Astana"

Old-time veterans Sorokins and Lavins won't play for Latvia this year.

Also, there's a big possibility that Skrastins might miss the tournament, although Dallas won't make the playoffs.

Slovak fans have had a dilemma over the last days: Who to cheer against in the Eastern conference of the NHL? Rangers (Gaborik) ? Habs (Halak) ? Or Bruins (Chara) ? It was an even bigger dilemma considering that we had no idea whether they would come to WHC if they don´t make it to the play-offs or don´t reach round 2. Looks like Peter Bondra decided to help us a little with our dilemma, telling the SZLH website that Chara has confirmed he will play in the WHC if available. Doesn´t look like the Bruins will be getting much Slovak fans support in the comming days.

I´m really positively surprised, considering that Chara needs a surgery for his finger after the season, but it will be great if he will come also because he as the captain does seem to be the right player to be there to "direct" a generation change.

I´m also expecting SZLH to release a first roster or something as Glen Hanlon is comming to SVK on April 13th to start the training camp.

Quote Originally Posted by jaaa View Post
    Slovak fans have had a dilemma over the last days: Who to cheer against in the Eastern conference of the NHL? Rangers (Gaborik) ? Habs (Halak) ? Or Bruins (Chara) ? It was an even bigger dilemma considering that we had no idea whether they would come to WHC if they don´t make it to the play-offs or don´t reach round 2. Looks like Peter Bondra decided to help us a little with our dilemma, telling the SZLH website that Chara has confirmed he will play in the WHC if available. Doesn´t look like the Bruins will be getting much Slovak fans support in the comming days.

I´m really positively surprised, considering that Chara needs a surgery for his finger after the season, but it will be great if he will come also because he as the captain does seem to be the right player to be there to "direct" a generation change.

I´m also expecting SZLH to release a first roster or something as Glen Hanlon is comming to SVK on April 13th to start the training camp.
    There is also a chance that all of them will make playoffs with their teams but I don't believe so.
    Another two are Budaj and Vinovsky(Colorado has good chances for playoffs while Anaheim's chances are theoretical).

Slovakia is really unlucky for this championship.They'll only have one sure NHL-er from the Olympic roster(Meszaros) and five doubtful(Gaborik, Chara, Halak, Budaj, Visnovsky).
    All others (Sekera, Hossa, Demitra, Handzus, Satan, Jurcina and Kopecky) are already in playoffs with their teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Pršljen View Post
    There is also a chance that all of them will make playoffs with their teams but I don't believe so.
    Another two are Budaj and Vinovsky(Colorado has good chances for playoffs while Anaheim's chances are theoretical).

Slovakia is really unlucky for this championship.They'll only have one sure NHL-er from the Olympic roster(Meszaros) and five doubtful(Gaborik, Chara, Halak, Budaj, Visnovsky).
    All others (Sekera, Hossa, Demitra, Handzus, Satan, Jurcina and Kopecky) are already in playoffs with their teams.
    Visnovsky already said he won´t be playing in Germany. With Budaj, there also is Marek Svatos, though he has a horrible season currently. Satan plays with Chara, so he hasn´t clinched the play-offs yet. Demitra said he wouldn´t play even if the Canucks don´t make it past round 1 due to his family, his wife has been seriously ill recently.

Anyway, it´s a well known fact that we will be playing with an European , mainly KHL team in the WHC, it´s like that even in non-Olympic seasons nowadays, yet alone an Olympic one. So getting at least such news as with Chara is pretty great.

We are supposed to play with a younger team- i.e. young players from the AHL, Slovak league, Finland etc., but they do need some mentors at least.

It doesn´t matter much anyway, from our point of vie the 2010 WHC, where we can´t get relegated anyway could be as well named "Glen Hanlon´s getting to know ya" party before our big WHC on home soil in 2011.

Do you know is Tomas Tatar going to be in the team?
    Hokej u Hrvatskoj ima svijetlu budućnost SAMO AKO mjerodavni ljudi rade svoj posao kako treba - Pršljen
    Hockey in Croatia has a bright future ONLY IF relevant people do their job right - Pršljen

Quote Originally Posted by Pršljen View Post
    Do you know is Tomas Tatar going to be in the team?
    In a while I will post the first roster that is meeting today, it is more of a "development camp" with assistant coaches rather than a WHC camp and althoguh Tatar is not included there, the article in which it was released also says that :"Doplňme, že šancu v príprave má dostať kmeňový hráč Detroitu Red Wings Tomáš Tatar." - "Let´s add that Tomas Tatar will get a chance in the WHC preparations." So yep, the real first camp starts on April 13th, it´s around the time that AHL regular season will end, so he might already be there. i think he´s chances to make the team are pretty big if he plays anything like last year, he did impress already back then. Plus both Hanlon and Bondra have been following Slovak AHL players lately.

Btw another great news is that Gaborik also will come if available according to Hospodárske Noviny.
    Daddy Gáborík says that Marián wants a medal pretty hard. :D :D

I will be cheering pretty hard for the Flyers in the comming days despite the fact that I don´t like them.

First Slovak roster

Rastislav Staňa (Severstaľ Cherepovets/KHL) 10.01.1980
    Peter Hamerlík (HC Oceláři Třínec/CZE) 02.01.1982

Ivan Švárny (HC Litvínov/CZE) 30.10.1984
    Peter Frühauf (HC 05 Banská Bystrica) 15.08.1982
    Juraj Valach (HKM Zvolen/SVK) 01.02.1989
    Peter Gründling (HK 36 Skalica/SVK) 13.02.1987
    Ján Brejčák (HK ŠKP Poprad/SVK) 29.06.1989

Marek Zagrapan (Severstaľ Cherepovets/KHL) 06.12.1986
    Tomáš Jaško (SaiPa/FEL) 09.12.1983
    Roman Tománek (HC 05 Banská Bystrica/SVK) 28.01.1986
    Tomáš Bulík (HC 05 Banská Bystrica/SVK) 27.08.1985
    Miroslav Zálešák (HK 36 Skalica/SVK) 02.01.1980
    Patrik Lušňák (HK 36 Skalica/SVK) 06.11.1988
    Tomáš Záborský (Assat Pori/FEL) 14.11.1987
    Marcel Haščák (HK ŠKP Poprad/SVK) 03.02.1987
    Dávid Buc (HK ŠKP Poprad/SVK) 22.01.1987
    Radoslav Tybor (HK Dukl Trenčín/SVK) 23.11.1989
    Tibor Radulay (HK Dukla Trenčín/SVK) 06.01.1988
    Marek Bartánus (MHK 32 Liptovský Mikuláš/SVK) 13.02.1987
    Michal Chovan (HKM Zvolen/SVK) 23.11.1987

This is more of a small development camp with the assistant coaches. Probably less than 5 players on here that will play in the WHC anytime soon.

Latvia Latvia announces list of candidates

Goalies: Edgars Masaļskis („Dinamo Rīga”), Nauris Enkuzens („Dinamo/Juniors”), Mārtiņš Raitums („Hull Stingrays”, GB), Edgars Lūsiņš („Fischtown Pinguins”, GER)

Defense: Jānis Andersons (“Ocelari”, CZE), Guntis Galviņš („Dinamo Rīga”), Oskars Cibuļskis („Dinamo/Juniors”), Aleksandrs Jerofejevs (“Metallurg”, Novokuzneck, RUS), Georgijs Pujacs („Sibir”, Novosibirsk, RUS), Jēkabs Rēdlihs („Dinamo Rīga”), Krišjānis Rēdlihs („Dinamo Rīga”), Arvīds Reķis (“Grizzly Adams”, GER), Oļegs Sorokins („Dinamo Rīga”), Kristaps Sotnieks („Dinamo Rīga”), Oskars Bārtulis (“Philadelphia Flyers”, USA), Artūrs Kulda (“Chicago Wolves”, USA).

Forwards: Ģirts Ankipāns („Dinamo Rīga”), Miķelis Rēdlihs („Dinamo Riga”), Armands Bērziņš („Dinamo Rīga”), Viktors Bļinovs (“Metallurg”, Zhlobin, BLR), Roberts Bukarts („Dinamo Rīga”), Mārtiņš Cipulis („Dinamo Rīga”), Ronalds Cinks („Dinamo/Juniors”), Lauris Dārziņš („Dinamo Rīga”), Kaspars Daugaviņš (“Binghamton Senators”, USA), Mārtiņš Karsums („Dinamo Rīga”), Gints Meija („Dinamo Rīga”), Aleksandrs Ņiživijs („Dinamo Rīga”), Sergejs Pečura („Krilja Sovetov”, RUS), Jānis Sprukts („Dinamo Rīga”), Aleksejs Širokovs („Amur”, RUS), Herberts Vasiļjevs (“Krefeld Pinguine”, GER), Andris Džeriņš („Dinamo Rīga”), Juris Štāls („Quad City Mallards”, USA), Jekimovs Roberts („Jokipojat”, FIN), Kaspars Saulietis („Benzina Litvinov”, CZE), Elviss Želubovskis („Ozolnieki/MONARCH”).

The biggest loss this year would be the absence of Skrastins and Lavins in defense. Also all is not clear with Sorokins since he has stated that he is not willing to go to championships as a 5th or 6th defender on the team. Also Bartulis and Kulda might be involved in play-offs during the championships. There is also going to be a tough fight about the second and third goalie spot. Masalkis is undoubtedly nr.1. The problem again this time will be the absence of good center forwards as Sprukts is the only one who is really good. Vasiljevs will play center again I guess, so there are 2 spots left. Daugavins might be played as center as we saw it in Olimpics and other one I guess would be Sirokovs thus leaving out Berzins who had a terrible season. The absence of only Latvian forward in NHL Ivanans isn't that surprising. Overall I think we are going to see some new faces on the team.

Any reason Mustukovs isn't a candidate? I can't find anything about an injury and find it odd that the 3rd goalie from the Olympic team wouldn't at least have a shot on the WC team.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Any reason Mustukovs isn't a candidate? I can't find anything about an injury and find it odd that the 3rd goalie from the Olympic team wouldn't at least have a shot on the WC team.
    Yeah I forgot to write about that. After the friendly games in Germany Znaroks was so displeased with his performance that he even wanted to send him home and take Enkuzens to Olympics, but since rules didn't allow that Mustukovs was the third goalie. And he hasn't got any real game experience this year. Even in Latvian championships finals Dinamo Juniors starting goalie in all of the games was Enkuzens and Mustukovs didn't play a single game. So he apparently was cut from the team even without trying him out. Looks like Mustukovs won't be in Dinamo system next year and he should better start looking for a different club.

Also Naumovs isn't on the list but thats not that surprising. A 40 year old goalie without a club and almost without any game experience this season. It's better to take some young guys.

Dang, Mustukovs seemed to be the pick for the future when he played for HK Riga 2000 and then Dinamo Juniors but it seems as if he has either regressed or not improved enough and is being passed up and is now just another player out there. Sad to see but it happens.

Belarus will have a new coach in Germany: today Federation appointed SKA St. Petersburg assistant coach and former Dynamo Minsk player Eduard Zankovets as new head coach. It's the first time Zankovets works as head coach.

Andrei Gusov, Alexander Andrievsky and Vladimir Tsyplakov will be the assistant coaches

Norway will play two preparation games, both in Oslo, vs Austria (09\04) and Hungary (11\04).

This is the roster for preparation camp:

Goalies:
    Pĺl Grotnes, Stjernen
    Andre Lysenstřen, Heki (FIN)
    Ruben Smith, Storhamar

Defence:
    Alexander Bonsaksen, Modo (SWE)
    Erik Follestad, Frisk Asker
    Christopher Henriksen, Sparta Sarpsborg
    Jonas Holřs, Färjestad (SWE)
    Mads Larsen Mostue, Storhamar
    Henrik Řdegaard, Frisk Asker
    Lars Lřkken Řstli, Storhamar

Forwards:

Jonas Solberg Andersen, Sparta Sarpsborg
    Anders Bastiansen, Färjestad (SWE)
    Robin Dahlstrřm, Frisk Asker
    Kristian Forsberg, Modo (SWE)
    Mats Frřshaug, Manglerud Star
    Marius Holtet, Färjestad (SWE)
    Andreas Martinsen, Leksand (SWE)
    Ken Andre Olimb, Frisk Asker
    Mathis Olimb, Frölunda (SWE)
    Christopher Paulsen, Stjernen
    Martin Rřymark, Frölunda (SWE)
    Petter Witnes, Sparta Sarpsborg
    Mats Zuccarello Aasen, Modo (SWE)

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide View Post
    Norway will play two preparation games, both in Oslo, vs Austria (09\04) and Hungary (11\04).
    Well, it will be in Budapest, not in Oslo as well as Hungary - Austria game as parts of Pannon Hoki Gala.

Any word on who the goalies for Russia will be? I'm hoping for Gelashvili, Koshechkin and Bobrovsky, though there are many quality russian keepers to chose from in the KHL. From my point of view, it's very good that a lot of russians are caught up in the NHL play-offs, the more guys from the KHL, the merrier.
    "It is hard to see a black cat in a dark room, especially when it isn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Any word on who the goalies for Russia will be? I'm hoping for Gelashvili, Koshechkin and Bobrovsky, though there are many quality russian keepers to chose from in the KHL. From my point of view, it's very good that a lot of russians are caught up in the NHL play-offs, the more guys from the KHL, the merrier.
    There is also Eremenko as a good goalie choice.
    It's good to see KHL-ers but it would be better if there would be just one great NHL player like last year were Kovalchuk, Afinogenov and Frolov.This year it's probably gonna be just Afinogenov.
    But many oppponents also had a lot of players in NHL playoffs so it would be really interesting championship.
    Hokej u Hrvatskoj ima svijetlu budućnost SAMO AKO mjerodavni ljudi rade svoj posao kako treba - Pršljen
    Hockey in Croatia has a bright future ONLY IF relevant people do their job right - Pršljen

Quote Originally Posted by Mate View Post
    Well, it will be in Budapest, not in Oslo as well as Hungary - Austria game as parts of Pannon Hoki Gala.
    Sorry, thanks for correction

IHF Member
    Danish roster for games against Japan (13/4) and Slovenia (14/4).

Goaltenders:
    Simon Nielsen, SaPKo (Fin-1)
    Patrick Galbraith, Björklöven (SWE-1)

Backs:
    Daniel Nielsen, Herning
    Jesper Duus, Rřdovre
    Kasper Jensen, Rřdovre
    Jesper Damgaard, Malmö (SWE-1)
    Rasmus Damgaard, Hvidovre
    Mads Bech Christensen, Frederikshavn
    Philip Hersby, Hvidovre

Forwards:
    Thor Dresler, Herning
    Sune Hjulmand, Esbjerg
    Morten Madsen, Modo (SEL)
    Nichlas Hardt, Malmö (SWE-1)
    Morten Green, Malmö (SWE-1)
    Kim Staal, Malmö (SWE-1)
    Morten Poulsen, Rungsted
    Alexander Sundberg, Hvidovre
    Nicklas Carlsen, Hvidovre
    Morten Andreasen, Rřdovre
    Jesper Jensen, Frederikshavn
    Jannik Karvinen, Rřdovre
    Mads Christensen, Iserlohn (DEL)

Kazakhstan

Torpedo N. Novgorod captain Aleksei Troschinsky declared he desire to come back in Kazakhstan national team (he's absent from 2004) to play IHWC in Germany but not all depends on him. "we have to solve an insurance problem between my club and Kazakh fedearation"

Dynamo Moscow goalie Vitaly Eremeev was invited to Kazakh training camp

Davide, any news about Vitali Kolesnik and Nik Antropov? About Antropov of course if Atlanta won't make a play-offs...
    Bo gdyby, ach gdyby wszystko na tym świecie dało się rostrzygać na lodowiskach, w trzech tercjach, kijem i krążkiem, to nie tylko wszak kanadyjskim zawodowcom z NHL, nie tylko wiarołomnym antysocjalistycznym Czechom, ale całemu światu, ba, nawet duszmanom z Pandższiru, Heratu i Kandaharu spuściłaby tęgi a druzgocący wpierdol hokejowa reprezentacja ZSRR, a w jej składzie Ragulin, Fetisow, Kasatonow oraz, bladź, Kapustin, Golikow i Malcew.

Andrzej Sapkowski, "Żmija"

Quote Originally Posted by Piotrek View Post
    Davide, any news about Vitali Kolesnik and Nik Antropov? About Antropov of course if Atlanta won't make a play-offs...
    No news about Kolesnik. On Antropov, during a press conference on april 2, national team coach Andrei Shayan said: "We have an agreement with Nikolai, he will join us at training camp if Atlanta doesn't qualify for playoffs or after the first phase if Thrashers will exit after 1st round of playoffs"
    In same press conference Shayan said he doubt Fedor Polishchuk will play in Germany: "he joined us but he's got a very serious injury"

Antropov is out

a definitive word about Nik Antropov partecipation at IHWC come today from Atlanta from coach John Anderson:

"Officially add Nik Antropov to the list of injured players. In fact, he won’t play the final two games of the season. He’s played through an injury all year. He’s going to be looked at by our doctors and see what his prognosis is for the summer. We’ll find out more next week. He did have a hip injury. He would take a practice off each week"

Antropov is out

Definitive word about Nik Antropov's partecipation in IHWC comes today from Atlanta, and is not a good news:
    Coach John Anderson said: "Officially add Nik Antropov to the list of injured players. In fact, he won’t play the final two games of the season. He’s played through an injury all year. He’s going to be looked at by our doctors and see what his prognosis is for the summer.“We’ll find out more next week. He did have a hip injury. He would take a practice off each week"

Slovak roster for two games against Czech republic this week:
    Goalies:
    Rastislav Staňa (Severstal Čerepovec/KHL) 10.01.1980
    Peter Hamerlík (HC Oceláři Třinec/CZE) 02.01.1982

Deffense:

Dominik Graňák (Rögle BK,SEL) 11.06.1983
    René Vydarený (Sparta Praha/CZE) 06.05.1981
    Tomáš Starosta (Neftechimik Nižnekamsk/KHL) 20.05.1981
    Richard Lintner (Dinamo Minsk/KHL) 15.11.1977
    Juraj Valach (HKm Zvolen/SVK) 01.02.1989
    Ivan Švarný (HC Litvínov/CZE) 30.10.1984
    Peter Frühauf (HC 05 B. Bystrica/SVK) 15.08.1982
    Martin Gründling (HK 36 Skalica/SVK) 13.02.1987
    Tomáš Slovák (Avtomobilist Jekaterinburg/KHL) 05.04.1983
    Vladimír Mihálik (Norfolk Admirals/AHL) 29.01.1987

Forwards:

Tomáš Záborský (Ässät Pori/SM-liiga) 14.11.1987
    Marek Zagrapan (Severstal Čerepovec/KHL) 06.12.1986
    Tomáš Jaško (SaiPa Lapperanta/SM-liiga) 09.12.1983
    Michal Chovan (HKm Zvolen/SVK) 23.11.1987
    Miroslav Zálešák (HK36 Skalica/SVK) 02.01.1980
    Ivan Čiernik (Kölner Haie/DEL) 30.10.1977
    Roman Tománek (HC 05 B. Bystrica/SVK) 28.01.1986
    Tomáš Bulík (HC 05 B. Bystrica/SVK) 27.08.1985
    Tomáš Tatar (Grand Rapids Griffins/AHL) 01.12.1990
    Marek Bartánus (MHK 32 L. Mikuláš/SVK) 13.02.1987
    Dávid Buc (HK ŠKP Poprad/SVK) 22.01.1987
    Radoslav Tybor (Dukla Trenčín/SVK) 23.11.1989
    Richard Pánik (Norfolk Admirals/AHL) 07.20.1991

I´m really surprised, I did not expect that many of these players would actually get a shot in exhibition games, that´s unusual, though I gotta say I like it. Richard Lintner and Ivan Čiernik must feel pretty old though.

I'm dieing to see Kazakhstan's roster. I wish that they become an established elite division team, because I think it is vital to have some success in order to further increase popularityhockey in Kazakhstan.

It seems that the U18 Division I WHC is not the only hockey that might get influenced by the Polish tragedy. There will be a day of national mourning in the Czech republic (alongside of Slovakia and Hungary) on the day of Mr. Kaczyński´s funeral, which is currently expected to be held on next Saturday. It is possible that because of this the game between Czech republic and Slovakia sheduled on 17th of April in Prostějov. Same goes for Czech Extraliga finals btw.

Finland

First Camp Roster

Goalies
    Harri Säteri, Tappara
    Iiro Tarkki, Blues

Defenders
    Juuso Hietanen, Brynäs (SWE)
    Joonas Jalvanti, Pelicans
    Lasse Kukkonen, Omsk (RUS)
    Mikko Kuukka, Ilves
    Ville Lajunen, Blues
    Petteri Nummelin, Lugano (SUI)
    Hannu Pikkarainen, MoDo (SWE)
    Joni Tuominen, SaiPa

Forwards
    Juhamatti Aaltonen, Pelicans
    Jonas Enlund, Tappara
    Riku Hahl, Frölunda (SWE)
    Tommi Huhtala, Ässät
    Leo Komarov, Dynamo Moscow (RUS)
    Petri Kontiola, Magnitogorsk (RUS)
    Jarno Koskiranta, SaiPa
    Jori Lehterä, Tappara
    Niclas Lucenius, Tappara
    Joonas Rask, Ilves
    Teemu Rinkinen, Pelicans
    Lauri Tukonen, Lukko

In addition the following players will join up for the second camp week:

Topi Jaakola (D)
    Janne Niinimaa (D)
    Tommi Santala (F)

Following players will not play in the world championships (due to injuries/family reasons):
    Jukka Hentunen, Mikko Jokela, Toni Koivisto, Mikko Lehtonen, Ville Peltonen, Markus Seikola, Ossi Väänänen

EDIT: also Saku Koivu is unavailable for national team. Mikko Koivu is getting an MRI and his possible participation will be decided in the next few days.
    Last edited by Shardik; 12-04-2010 at 18:24.
    "Lord Baelish, what you suggest is treason."
    "Only if we lose."

A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin

pre-IIHF World Championship 2010
    Russian Team will play two friendly games with Italy:

1. April 23, 2010 at 20.30 in Asiago, Italy

2. April 24, 2010 at 19.30 in Bolzano, Italy

all i can say is; Italia?? at least we will turn on the offense.
    ***СЛАЯ***

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information