Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 181

Thread: 2010 IIHF World Championship in Germany - News/discussion

  1. #101
    IHF Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    30
    I'm saying Italy will finish ahead of Latvia, and avoid relegation this year.

  2. #102
    IHF Member itry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    1,144
    Quote Originally Posted by theknuckler View Post
    I'm saying Italy will finish ahead of Latvia, and avoid relegation this year.
    Well, Italy has always been a tough nut for Latvia to break and there have been some major disappointments for Latvian fans when it comes to games between these 2 teams (WC 1997), but I don't see that happening. Seeing the Olympic qualifying game last year in Latvia I am pretty sure about Latvia having higher level of skill than Italy.

    Then again, maybe I am saying that because I am Latvian.

  3. #103
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    265
    Switzerland without Mark Streit and Jonas Hiller. Hiller is injured and Streit feels tired. :(

  4. #104
    IHF Staff Piotrek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Tarnowskie Góry
    Posts
    5,960

    Czech Republic news:

    Rosters against Slovakia:

    GK: Jaroslav Hübl (Litvínov), Jakub Sedláček (Zlín),

    DF: Petr Gřegořek (České Budějovice), Josef Hrabal (Třinec), Jiří Hunkes (Liberec), Ondřej Němec (Karlovy Vary), Tomáš Mojžíš (MODO Hockey/Švéd.), Angel Krstev (Färjestad/Švéd.), Petr Čáslava (Timra/Švéd.), Karel Rachůnek (Dynamo Moskva/KHL),

    FW: Lukáš Květoň, Milan Gulaš (České Budějovice), Petr Vampola, Jan Kovář (oba Plzeň), David Květoň, Martin Růžička (Třinec), Jan Marek, Tomáš Rolinek (Magnitogorsk/KHL), Peter Jánský (Litvínov), Petr Hubáček (Kometa Brno), Lukáš Kašpar (Oulu/Fin.), Jakub Klepiš (Omsk/KHL), Jiří Novotný (Mytišči/KHL).

    Tomas Kaberle won't play on IHWC, he needs rest. Also participation of Marek Zidlicky, Roman Polak and Rostislav Olesz isn't sure, all are injured.
    Jaromir Jagr and Tomas Vokoun should be added to roster on LG Hockey Games. Ondrej Pavelec, Kamil Kreps, Jakub Voracek and Michael Frolik should join the team next week. Jan Hejda is injured, but there is a possibilities to his participation. Coach is going to talk with Michal Rozsival about his playing for team. Maybe also Vaclav Prospal will be available.
    If some teams lost in Stanley Cup there is possibility, that on IHWC will play: David Krejci, Vladimir Sobotka, Tomas Fleischmann, Tomas Plekanec, Martin Hanzal and Partik Elias.
    Bo gdyby, ach gdyby wszystko na tym świecie dało się rostrzygać na lodowiskach, w trzech tercjach, kijem i krążkiem, to nie tylko wszak kanadyjskim zawodowcom z NHL, nie tylko wiarołomnym antysocjalistycznym Czechom, ale całemu światu, ba, nawet duszmanom z Pandższiru, Heratu i Kandaharu spuściłaby tęgi a druzgocący wpierdol hokejowa reprezentacja ZSRR, a w jej składzie Ragulin, Fetisow, Kasatonow oraz, bladź, Kapustin, Golikow i Malcew.

    Andrzej Sapkowski, "Żmija"

  5. #105
    IHF Member Shardik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oulu/Raahe, Finland
    Posts
    4,651
    Jussi Jokinen will join Team Finland. Curious that the only major Finnish NHL player left out of the olympic team is the first to confirm his participation in the worlds.
    "Lord Baelish, what you suggest is treason."
    "Only if we lose."

    A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin

  6. #106
    IHF Member Shardik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oulu/Raahe, Finland
    Posts
    4,651
    The following players will not join Finland for various reasons: Mikko Koivu, Niklas Hagman, Jere Lehtinen, Sean Bergenheim, Joni Pitkänen, Miikka Kiprusoff, Antero Niittymäki

    Also Teemu Selänne and Olli Jokinen are out of the question since they quit their national team careers after Vancouver. This looks to be pretty weak Team Finland, especially in the center department. Saku, Mikko, OJ, Niko Kapanen who all have been standard equipment in the Finnish national team center department in last years are out and Valtteri Filppula still continues in NHL playoffs.
    "Lord Baelish, what you suggest is treason."
    "Only if we lose."

    A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin

  7. #107
    IHF Member Cabal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    upper Bavaria/Franconia
    Posts
    428
    Norway lost against austria and hungary?!

    Ok maybe they are missing a lot of key-players. And its just testgames.
    But still it surprised me a little bit.

  8. #108
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    265
    Swiss team will get additions from NA.
    Juraj Simek and Andres Ambühl will join the team next week.
    One week later Nino Niederreiter will join the team.
    Luca Sbisa was also invited but it is not yet sure if the Anaheim Ducks let him go. They could send him to their new AHL-team Manitoba.

    Edit: And Martin Gerber will play his first game since his crash tomorrow. He'll play the first period vs. Sweden.

  9. #109
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Saskatchewan
    Posts
    38

    Washington Top non-playoff bound NHL producers

    Just for fun, here, in order are the most productive NHL producers that have been eliminated from the NHL playoffs and so would be theoretically available. I think we will see very few of these stars at the tournament. The number represents the points (goals or assists) per game average of this year's regular season for players who have played at least 20 games and who have managed to produce at least .7 points per game.

    There are 20 Canadians, 4 Finns, 3 Czechs, 2 Swedes, 2 Americans 1 Slovak, 1 Kazakh and 1 Russian in this category.

    Stamkos 1.158 (CAN)
    St. Louis 1.146 (CAN)
    B. Richards 1.137 (CAN)
    Gaborik 1.131 (SVK)
    Getzlaf 1.045 (CAN)
    E. Staal 1.000 (CAN)
    Hemsky 1.000 (CZE)
    Perry .926 (CAN)
    Selanne .888 (FIN)
    M. Koivu .887 (FIN)
    Nash .881 (CAN)
    Antropov .881 (KAZ)
    Horton .876 (CAN)
    Eriksson .865 (SWE)
    Lecavalier .853 (CAN)
    Huselius .851 (SWE)
    Iginla .841 (CAN)
    Ribeiro .803 (CAN)
    J. Jokinen .802 (FIN)
    R. Bourque .794 (CAN)
    Vermette .792 (CAN)
    Ryan .790 (USA)
    Kessel .785 (USA)
    Prospal .773 (CZE)
    Penner .768 (CAN)
    Weiss .750 (CAN)
    Brunette .743 (CAN)
    Afinogenov .743 (RUS)
    Havlat .739 (CZE)
    S. Koivu .732 (FIN)
    Bozak .729 (CAN)
    Ray Whitney .725 (CAN)
    McDonald .721 (CAN)
    Neal .705 (CAN)

  10. #110
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Saskatchewan
    Posts
    38
    Don't know how I managed to get a Capitals logo on the title. Go Hawks!

  11. #111
    IHF Member jaaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    EUSSR :(
    Posts
    2,968
    Czeh republic without:
    Michael Frolík
    Kamil Kreps
    Zbyněk Irgl
    Petr Čajánek

    Slovakia without:
    Marián Gáborík
    Andrej Meszároš
    Jozef Stumpel
    Richard Zedník
    Branko Radivojevič
    Martin Cibák
    Štefan Ružička
    Jaroslav Obšut

    Ivan Baranka and Marcel Hossa are questionable.

    Can´t really say that I will miss more than 4 of these players. But it is about time that this has sme serious cosequences. If you´re not interested to play this year, don´t come all willing to play at home next year or in the OG. Especially not guys like Ruzicks who have never proved anything. Half these players had me suffering these past two years for the most times as I watched every single minute of every game we played and noone can play worse than they did mín many of these games anyway. As Vladimir Weiss, the coach of the Slovak football NT says: "My philosophy is that every player must be proud if he gets the opportunity to dress the national team jersey." I can´t imagine currently even star players like Hamsik to say no without a serious reason even if it was just a friendly against San Marino (which would probably eqaul playing a Division III team in hockey), yet alone some minor players.
    25th of June 2015 - Worst day in the history of modern hockey in Slovakia

    See you in 2019...perhaps...

  12. #112
    IHF Member Alessandro Seren Rosso's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Turin, Italy
    Posts
    2,991
    Quote Originally Posted by itry View Post
    Well, Italy has always been a tough nut for Latvia to break and there have been some major disappointments for Latvian fans when it comes to games between these 2 teams (WC 1997), but I don't see that happening. Seeing the Olympic qualifying game last year in Latvia I am pretty sure about Latvia having higher level of skill than Italy.

    Then again, maybe I am saying that because I am Latvian.
    Italy has no chance against Latvia as far as now IMHO.
    My articles at The Hockey Writers

  13. #113
    IHF Member Pršljen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dubrovnik, Croatia
    Posts
    2,244
    Alessandro, what's with Russian roster, is entry list announced?
    Who is gonna play from NHL?
    Hokej u Hrvatskoj ima svijetlu budućnost SAMO AKO mjerodavni ljudi rade svoj posao kako treba - Pršljen
    Hockey in Croatia has a bright future ONLY IF relevant people do their job right - Pršljen

  14. #114
    IHF Staff Steigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    8,141
    Radio reported last night that Messier has about a dozen Canadian players on board for the worlds. The only names I've heard from that group are: Tavares, Stamkos, Beauchemin and Chris Mason.
    I expect we'll probably see Rick Nash though, he never seems to miss an opportunity to wear the red maple leaf.

  15. #115
    IHF Member Shardik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oulu/Raahe, Finland
    Posts
    4,651
    Interesting list, I have added the current status of each players participation in the tournament (if known). I am probably missing some though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hangblague View Post
    Stamkos 1.158 (CAN) IN
    St. Louis 1.146 (CAN) OUT
    B. Richards 1.137 (CAN) OUT?
    Gaborik 1.131 (SVK) OUT
    Getzlaf 1.045 (CAN)
    E. Staal 1.000 (CAN)
    Hemsky 1.000 (CZE)
    Perry .926 (CAN) IN
    Selanne .888 (FIN) OUT
    M. Koivu .887 (FIN) OUT
    Nash .881 (CAN) OUT
    Antropov .881 (KAZ) OUT
    Horton .876 (CAN)
    Eriksson .865 (SWE)
    Lecavalier .853 (CAN)
    Huselius .851 (SWE) OUT?
    Iginla .841 (CAN)
    Ribeiro .803 (CAN)
    J. Jokinen .802 (FIN) IN
    R. Bourque .794 (CAN) IN
    Vermette .792 (CAN)
    Ryan .790 (USA) OUT
    Kessel .785 (USA)
    Prospal .773 (CZE)
    Penner .768 (CAN)
    Weiss .750 (CAN)
    Brunette .743 (CAN)
    Afinogenov .743 (RUS) IN
    Havlat .739 (CZE)
    S. Koivu .732 (FIN) OUT
    Bozak .729 (CAN)
    Ray Whitney .725 (CAN) IN
    McDonald .721 (CAN)
    Neal .705 (CAN)
    "Lord Baelish, what you suggest is treason."
    "Only if we lose."

    A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin

  16. #116
    IHF Member jaaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    EUSSR :(
    Posts
    2,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Steigs View Post
    Radio reported last night that Messier has about a dozen Canadian players on board for the worlds. The only names I've heard from that group are: Tavares, Stamkos, Beauchemin and Chris Mason.
    I expect we'll probably see Rick Nash though, he never seems to miss an opportunity to wear the red maple leaf.
    Steven Stamkos
    Steve Downie
    John Tavares
    Evander Kane
    Kris Russel
    Mar Staal
    Brent Burns
    Ray Whitney
    Corey Perry
    Steve Ott
    Rich Peverley
    Rene Bourque
    Mark Giordano
    Francois Beauchemin
    25th of June 2015 - Worst day in the history of modern hockey in Slovakia

    See you in 2019...perhaps...

  17. #117
    IHF Member Pršljen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dubrovnik, Croatia
    Posts
    2,244
    Russian roster for friendly games against Italy on 23rd and 24th April in Asiago and Bolzano.Interesting choice, definitely.

    Goalies
    KOSHECHKIN Vasili (Мetalurg Magnitogorsk)
    KHUDOBIN Anton (Мinnesota Wild)
    BOBROVSKI Sergei (Меtalurg Novokuznetsk)

    Defenders
    KULIKOV Dmitri (Florida Panthers)
    АTYUSHOV Vitali (Мetalurg Magnitogorsk)
    KORNEEV Konstantin (СSКА)
    KULYASH Denis (Аvangard)
    BIRYUKOV Еvgeni (Мetalurg Magnitogorsk9
    DENISOV Denis (Dynamo Moscow)
    VOROBEV Dmitri (Dynamo Moscow)
    RYASENSKI Еvgeni (Neftekhimik)
    BELOV Nikolai (Neftekhimik)

    Forwards
    AFINOGENOV Maxim (Аtlanta Thrashers)
    KULEMIN Nikolai (Тoronto Maple Leafs)
    ARTYUKHIN Evgeni (Аtlanta Thrashers)
    АNISIMOV Artеm (New York Rangers)
    ТARASENKO Vladimir (Sibir)
    FILATOV Nikita (CSKA)
    GOROVIKOV Кonstantin (SKА)
    PARSHIN Denis (СSКА)
    RYBIN Маxim (SKА)
    SKACHKOV Evgeni (Тraktor)
    KRYSANOV Anton (Dynamo Moscow)
    VARLAKOV Mihali (Тorpedo)
    SVITOV Alexandar (Аvangard)
    SAPRYKIN Oleg (SKА)
    Hokej u Hrvatskoj ima svijetlu budućnost SAMO AKO mjerodavni ljudi rade svoj posao kako treba - Pršljen
    Hockey in Croatia has a bright future ONLY IF relevant people do their job right - Pršljen

  18. #118
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    265
    Swiss roster for the games vs. Germany, Slovakia and Belarus next week. Still missing are the players from the playoff-final (SC Bern and Servette) and Luca Sbisa. Last candidate from NA would be Yannick Weber who started the AHL-playoffs with the Hamilton Bulldogs yesterday.


    Goalies (3): Genoni Leonardo (HC Davos), Gerber Martin (Atlant Mytischti / KHL), Manzato Daniel (Rapperswil-Jona Lakers).
    Defence (8): Back René (HC Davos), Du Bois Félicien (Kloten Flyers), Geering Patrick (ZSC Lions), Grossmann Robin (HC Davos), Helbling Timo (HC Lugano), Hirschi Steve (HC Lugano), Seger Mathias (ZSC Lions), Vauclair Julien (HC Lugano).
    Offence (14): Ambühl Andres (Hartford Wolfpack / AHL), Brunner Damien (EV Zug), Bürgler Dario (HC Davos), Christen Björn (EV Zug), Duca Paolo (HC Ambri-Piotta), Jenni Marcel (Kloten Flyers), Niederreiter Nino (Portland Winterhawks (WHL), Monnet Thibaut (ZSC Lions), Plüss Benjamin (HC Fribourg-Gottéron), Romy Kevin (HC Lugano), Sciaroni Gregory (HC Davos), Simek Jurai (Norfolk Admirals / AHL), Stancescu Victor (Kloten Flyers), Wick Roman (Kloten Flyers).

  19. #119
    IHF Member GX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    1,451
    Because of the eruption of Eyjafjallajökull, Kaspars Daugavins is unable to reach Latvian national team camp. :)

  20. #120
    IHF Member Snype's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    170
    Canada names 15 players to roster

    Goalkeepers: Chris Mason (St. Louis).

    Defenceman: François Beauchemin (Toronto), Brent Burns (Minnesota), Mark Giordano (Calgary), Kris Russell (Columbus), Marc Staal (New York Rangers).

    Forwards: René Bourque (Calgary), Steve Downie (Tampa Bay), Evander Kane (Atlanta), Steve Ott (Dallas), Corey Perry (Anaheim), Rich Peverly (Atlanta), Steven Stamkos (Tampa Bay), John Tavares (New York Islanders), Ray Whitney (Carolina).

    http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/n...ash=52b7b63a2c

  21. #121
    IHF Member Shardik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oulu/Raahe, Finland
    Posts
    4,651
    Quote Originally Posted by GX View Post
    Because of the eruption of Eyjafjallajökull, Kaspars Daugavins is unable to reach Latvian national team camp. :)
    Finland might have to cancel two practice games against Denmark next week. The situation will be assessed on Monday and if flights are not guaranteed, the games will be cancelled. If the situation continues Team Finland has to make their way to Germany by ferry and bus.

    Also a couple of updates on the roster situation:
    Antti Miettinen IN
    Niklas Bäckström OUT
    "Lord Baelish, what you suggest is treason."
    "Only if we lose."

    A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin

  22. #122
    IHF Member itry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    1,144
    Quote Originally Posted by Shardik View Post
    Finland might have to cancel two practice games against Denmark next week. The situation will be assessed on Monday and if flights are not guaranteed, the games will be cancelled.
    Same here about games against France. They said that airport might be closed until 22nd but games are on 21st and 22nd.

  23. #123
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    on the bench, ready to hit the ice
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Pršljen View Post
    Russian roster for friendly games against Italy on 23rd and 24th April in Asiago and Bolzano.Interesting choice, definitely.

    Goalies
    KOSHECHKIN Vasili (Мetalurg Magnitogorsk)
    KHUDOBIN Anton (Мinnesota Wild)
    BOBROVSKI Sergei (Меtalurg Novokuznetsk)

    Defenders
    KULIKOV Dmitri (Florida Panthers)
    АTYUSHOV Vitali (Мetalurg Magnitogorsk)
    KORNEEV Konstantin (СSКА)
    KULYASH Denis (Аvangard)
    BIRYUKOV Еvgeni (Мetalurg Magnitogorsk9
    DENISOV Denis (Dynamo Moscow)
    VOROBEV Dmitri (Dynamo Moscow)
    RYASENSKI Еvgeni (Neftekhimik)
    BELOV Nikolai (Neftekhimik)

    Forwards
    AFINOGENOV Maxim (Аtlanta Thrashers)
    KULEMIN Nikolai (Тoronto Maple Leafs)
    ARTYUKHIN Evgeni (Аtlanta Thrashers)
    АNISIMOV Artеm (New York Rangers)
    ТARASENKO Vladimir (Sibir)
    FILATOV Nikita (CSKA)
    GOROVIKOV Кonstantin (SKА)
    PARSHIN Denis (СSКА)
    RYBIN Маxim (SKА)
    SKACHKOV Evgeni (Тraktor)
    KRYSANOV Anton (Dynamo Moscow)
    VARLAKOV Mihali (Тorpedo)
    SVITOV Alexandar (Аvangard)
    SAPRYKIN Oleg (SKА)
    I'm afraid they won't reach Italy on time for the games ( I hope they would ), at least if they travel by airplane.

  24. #124
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    on the bench, ready to hit the ice
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by jonas View Post
    Swiss roster for the games vs. Germany, Slovakia and Belarus next week. Still missing are the players from the playoff-final (SC Bern and Servette) and Luca Sbisa. Last candidate from NA would be Yannick Weber who started the AHL-playoffs with the Hamilton Bulldogs yesterday.


    Goalies (3): Genoni Leonardo (HC Davos), Gerber Martin (Atlant Mytischti / KHL), Manzato Daniel (Rapperswil-Jona Lakers).
    Defence (8): Back René (HC Davos), Du Bois Félicien (Kloten Flyers), Geering Patrick (ZSC Lions), Grossmann Robin (HC Davos), Helbling Timo (HC Lugano), Hirschi Steve (HC Lugano), Seger Mathias (ZSC Lions), Vauclair Julien (HC Lugano).
    Offence (14): Ambühl Andres (Hartford Wolfpack / AHL), Brunner Damien (EV Zug), Bürgler Dario (HC Davos), Christen Björn (EV Zug), Duca Paolo (HC Ambri-Piotta), Jenni Marcel (Kloten Flyers), Niederreiter Nino (Portland Winterhawks (WHL), Monnet Thibaut (ZSC Lions), Plüss Benjamin (HC Fribourg-Gottéron), Romy Kevin (HC Lugano), Sciaroni Gregory (HC Davos), Simek Jurai (Norfolk Admirals / AHL), Stancescu Victor (Kloten Flyers), Wick Roman (Kloten Flyers).

    I heard Sprunger stays at home, because his wife just learned she is pregnant....how does that affect the possibility to play for the national team ?

  25. #125
    IHF Prospect
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4

    Kazakhstan

    Quote Originally Posted by Oz View Post
    I'm dieing to see Kazakhstan's roster. I wish that they become an established elite division team, because I think it is vital to have some success in order to further increase popularityhockey in Kazakhstan.
    Thank you for your wish, Oz!
    There is still no official information but from information that i have, (roughly) following players are now at the first training camp in Astana:

    Goalies:
    Vitaliy Eremeev, Dinamo Moscow, 1975
    Alexey Kuznetsov, Barys, 1983
    Ivan Poloshkov, Kazzinc-Torpedo, 1986
    Pavel Zhitkov, Barys, 1984
    Defenders:
    Alexey Bondarev, Avangard Omsk, 1983
    Evgeniy Fadeev, Avtomobilist, 1982
    Denis Shemelin, Amur, 1978
    Alexey Litvinenko, Vityaz, 1980
    Maxim Semenov, Atlant, 1984
    Alexey Koledaev, Metallurg Novokuznetsk, 1976
    Vladimir Antipin, Barys, 1970
    Alexey Vasilchenko, Barys, 1981
    Roman Savchenko, Barys, 1988
    Anton Kazantsev, Barys, 1986
    Artemiy Lakiza, Barys, 1987
    Georgiy Petrov, Kazzinc-Torpedo, 1988
    Forwards:
    Dmitriy Upper, Spartak Moscow, 1978
    Fedor Polischuk, Metallurg Novokuznetsk, 1979
    Dmitriy Dudarev, Metallurg Novokuznetsk, 1976
    Evgeniy Bumagin, Metallurg Novokuznetsk, 1982
    Konstantin Shafranov, Fort-Wayne Comets(IHL), 1968
    Alexandr Koreshkov, Barys, 1968
    Talgat Zhailauov, Barys, 1985
    Vadim Krasnoslobodtsev, Barys, 1983
    Andrey Gavrilin, Barys, 1978
    Ilya Solarev, Barys, 1982
    Evgeniy Rymarev, Barys, 1988
    Alexandr Shin, Barys, 1985
    Roman Starchenko, Barys, 1986
    Andrei Spiridonov, Barys, 1982
    Alexey Vorontsov,, Barys, 1986
    Konstantin Savenkov, Kazzinc-Torpedo, 1990

    Tentatively, WC roster will be chosen from these players, may be Alexey Troschinsky (Torpedo Nizhniy Novgorod, 1973) and Konstantin Pushkarev from AHL(1985) will come.

  26. #126
    IHF Member jaaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    EUSSR :(
    Posts
    2,968
    Changes for Slovakia for next week and the Minsk tournament:
    OUT:D Juraj Valach,D Martin Grundling,F Dávid Buc, F Tomáš Jaško,F Radoslav Tybor
    IN:D Vladimír Mihálik,D Ivan Majeský,F Milan Bartovič,F Andrej Podkonický
    25th of June 2015 - Worst day in the history of modern hockey in Slovakia

    See you in 2019...perhaps...

  27. #127
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Lugano, Switzerland
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by buzz31 View Post
    I heard Sprunger stays at home, because his wife just learned she is pregnant....how does that affect the possibility to play for the national team ?
    He will miss the WC because is tired( he had miss the last summer practice) as for different causes the half , until now , of the Krueger olympics team : Hiller,Streit ,Blindenbacher,Diaz,Von Gunten,Domenichelli,Sannitz,Jeanninn,Paterlini.

  28. #128
    IHF Member Alessandro Seren Rosso's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Turin, Italy
    Posts
    2,991
    Quote Originally Posted by oskemen View Post
    Thank you for your wish, Oz!
    There is still no official information but from information that i have, (roughly) following players are now at the first training camp in Astana:

    Goalies:
    Vitaliy Eremeev, Dinamo Moscow, 1975
    Alexey Kuznetsov, Barys, 1983
    Ivan Poloshkov, Kazzinc-Torpedo, 1986
    Pavel Zhitkov, Barys, 1984
    Defenders:
    Alexey Bondarev, Avangard Omsk, 1983
    Evgeniy Fadeev, Avtomobilist, 1982
    Denis Shemelin, Amur, 1978
    Alexey Litvinenko, Vityaz, 1980
    Maxim Semenov, Atlant, 1984
    Alexey Koledaev, Metallurg Novokuznetsk, 1976
    Vladimir Antipin, Barys, 1970
    Alexey Vasilchenko, Barys, 1981
    Roman Savchenko, Barys, 1988
    Anton Kazantsev, Barys, 1986
    Artemiy Lakiza, Barys, 1987
    Georgiy Petrov, Kazzinc-Torpedo, 1988
    Forwards:
    Dmitriy Upper, Spartak Moscow, 1978
    Fedor Polischuk, Metallurg Novokuznetsk, 1979
    Dmitriy Dudarev, Metallurg Novokuznetsk, 1976
    Evgeniy Bumagin, Metallurg Novokuznetsk, 1982
    Konstantin Shafranov, Fort-Wayne Comets(IHL), 1968
    Alexandr Koreshkov, Barys, 1968
    Talgat Zhailauov, Barys, 1985
    Vadim Krasnoslobodtsev, Barys, 1983
    Andrey Gavrilin, Barys, 1978
    Ilya Solarev, Barys, 1982
    Evgeniy Rymarev, Barys, 1988
    Alexandr Shin, Barys, 1985
    Roman Starchenko, Barys, 1986
    Andrei Spiridonov, Barys, 1982
    Alexey Vorontsov,, Barys, 1986
    Konstantin Savenkov, Kazzinc-Torpedo, 1990

    Tentatively, WC roster will be chosen from these players, may be Alexey Troschinsky (Torpedo Nizhniy Novgorod, 1973) and Konstantin Pushkarev from AHL(1985) will come.
    Finally after some years Kazakhstan is icing a competitive team. Especially if Troschinsky will play, this team can stay off the relegation with relative ease. I hope it!
    My articles at The Hockey Writers

  29. #129
    IHF Prospect
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4
    Alessandro, i hope so too, this year we have team almost to 100% compiled from a KHL players, with many experienced players (i would say that some of them are too experienced, see Koreshkov and Shafranov :) ). Our problem always was poor management of national team, not a lack of skilled players, i hope these problems are in the past.

  30. #130
    IHF Staff Marc Brunengraber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Islip, New York
    Posts
    9,944
    I think Slovakia will find a way to place second in their group.

    I think that Belarus is going to have a rough tournament and place last in that group.

    Kazakhstan stays up, in my opinion.

    I don't see any of the USA, Canada or Sweden reaching the finals.

  31. #131
    IHF Member Oz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ragaciems, Latvia
    Posts
    740
    Quote Originally Posted by oskemen View Post
    Thank you for your wish, Oz!
    There is still no official information but from information that i have, (roughly) following players are now at the first training camp in Astana:

    Goalies:
    Vitaliy Eremeev, Dinamo Moscow, 1975
    Alexey Kuznetsov, Barys, 1983
    Ivan Poloshkov, Kazzinc-Torpedo, 1986
    Pavel Zhitkov, Barys, 1984
    Defenders:
    Alexey Bondarev, Avangard Omsk, 1983
    Evgeniy Fadeev, Avtomobilist, 1982
    Denis Shemelin, Amur, 1978
    Alexey Litvinenko, Vityaz, 1980
    Maxim Semenov, Atlant, 1984
    Alexey Koledaev, Metallurg Novokuznetsk, 1976
    Vladimir Antipin, Barys, 1970
    Alexey Vasilchenko, Barys, 1981
    Roman Savchenko, Barys, 1988
    Anton Kazantsev, Barys, 1986
    Artemiy Lakiza, Barys, 1987
    Georgiy Petrov, Kazzinc-Torpedo, 1988
    Forwards:
    Dmitriy Upper, Spartak Moscow, 1978
    Fedor Polischuk, Metallurg Novokuznetsk, 1979
    Dmitriy Dudarev, Metallurg Novokuznetsk, 1976
    Evgeniy Bumagin, Metallurg Novokuznetsk, 1982
    Konstantin Shafranov, Fort-Wayne Comets(IHL), 1968
    Alexandr Koreshkov, Barys, 1968
    Talgat Zhailauov, Barys, 1985
    Vadim Krasnoslobodtsev, Barys, 1983
    Andrey Gavrilin, Barys, 1978
    Ilya Solarev, Barys, 1982
    Evgeniy Rymarev, Barys, 1988
    Alexandr Shin, Barys, 1985
    Roman Starchenko, Barys, 1986
    Andrei Spiridonov, Barys, 1982
    Alexey Vorontsov,, Barys, 1986
    Konstantin Savenkov, Kazzinc-Torpedo, 1990

    Tentatively, WC roster will be chosen from these players, may be Alexey Troschinsky (Torpedo Nizhniy Novgorod, 1973) and Konstantin Pushkarev from AHL(1985) will come.
    It's hard to see you getting anything out of group stage, but I simply can't imagine you getting relegated with that roster.

    Seeing you roster, I believe it's vital that Latvia gets past Italy and avoid meeting Kazakhstan in the relegation round along with Denmark and maybe even Norway.

    I would love to see Koreshkov one last time in WC as he is a great professional.

  32. #132
    IHF Member jaaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    EUSSR :(
    Posts
    2,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Brunengraber View Post
    I think Slovakia will find a way to place second in their group.

    I think that Belarus is going to have a rough tournament and place last in that group.

    Kazakhstan stays up, in my opinion.

    I don't see any of the USA, Canada or Sweden reaching the finals.
    Well, we´ll see how it develops. Though who do you thik is going to reach finals if not these three? Finland or Czechs? With all the players missing, I have big doubts about it.

    As for Slovakia, finishing second in that group. That´s something that I don´t really venture to predict at this stage. It´s tough to say what the final team will look like, also depending on how the 1st round of the NHL play-offs develop etc. Right now the only players that are sure to join the team are Roman Kukumberg and the players from Slovak league finals. So you could say that the chances of the players currently with the team t make it to the WHC are improving with each day. Though it´s not that bad news, especially when I look at the 2nd game we played against the Czechs, their roster and our roster and the stage of preparations they were and we were at, plus a new coach and all.

    Offense might not be that bad at all, and some guys have looked rather good in the two games like Záborský, Zagrapan and most surprisingly Richard Pánik. The deffense though looks very suspect and there´s not that many players that could join it. We´ll see what Baranka´s final decision will be, but since it seems pretty much like a Sparta Moskva agreement to just forget this tournament, I´m not too positive about it. Then there is the Bruins-Sabres series, if Sabres win Chara should come (Satan might come too in that case), if not I´m hoping that Andrej Sekera would come. There also is Milan Jurčina if the Caps lose, but he is injured now soI don´t think he´d play and if the Caps win well there would be Jaro Halak. So pretty much the ideal situation for SVK would be if Caps and Sabres win and all of Chára, Šatan and Halák come, but well I don´t see that very optimistically.

    But the young players could definitely bring some wind and they could play more motivated than our Euro crop has played last year (well, who couldn´t?) also since Glen Hanlon doesn´t seem to be afraid to give them a real cance and just say that they´re not good enough anyway as the Slovak coaches usually did.

    No matter how many games we lose, I think this WHC will be mre bearable for me to watch than the other recent two.

    Plus, the key game is expected to be against Belarus and we could profit from Mr. Hanlon´s previous job there at leats a little bit.
    25th of June 2015 - Worst day in the history of modern hockey in Slovakia

    See you in 2019...perhaps...

  33. #133
    IHF Staff Marc Brunengraber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Islip, New York
    Posts
    9,944
    I think you guys will beat Belarus this time out, even if you don't get any NHL players.

    If Montreal loses to Washington (which I think they will), I don't see Halak coming, no matter how proud a patriot he might be......he'll be exhausted.

    I think Russia wins the tournament this year, and that Finland or the Czechs also make the final. If any of the three I don't think will do much surprise, it will be Canada.

    I don't think that the USA or Sweden are going anywhere this tournament....Sweden could if Hank decided to change his mind and play goal, but I think he is exhausted from trying to carry the Rangers along with Gaborik.

  34. #134
    IHF Member buffmatt78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    377
    lol Downie and Ott on team Canada??? why dont we bring Avery along to.
    "It's not about being the fastest skater in the league, it's about being the first one to the puck." -Sidney Crosby

  35. #135
    IHF Member jaaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    EUSSR :(
    Posts
    2,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Brunengraber View Post
    I think you guys will beat Belarus this time out, even if you don't get any NHL players.

    If Montreal loses to Washington (which I think they will), I don't see Halak coming, no matter how proud a patriot he might be......he'll be exhausted.

    I think Russia wins the tournament this year, and that Finland or the Czechs also make the final. If any of the three I don't think will do much surprise, it will be Canada.

    I don't think that the USA or Sweden are going anywhere this tournament....Sweden could if Hank decided to change his mind and play goal, but I think he is exhausted from trying to carry the Rangers along with Gaborik.
    Well, I´m hoping we will. With all respect to Belarus I don´t think that it was their superior skill level (aside from Grabovskij) that beat us rather that their coaching and system was much better than our non-existing one, we´re all hoping that Hanlon will change this.

    As for the Czechs, I don´t really see them going anywhere past the quarterfinals (most Czechs seem to think this as well), IMO, have you seen the list of their players that have excused themselves already, plus there are those still in NHL play-offs, it´s av very long list.

    Quote Originally Posted by buffmatt78 View Post
    lol Downie and Ott on team Canada??? why dont we bring Avery along to.
    Hah, well on the other side, I like how Canada seems to have started with the philospohy to invite a lot of NHL rookie´s for the IHWC, just like last year with Stamkos and Doughty and tis year with Tavares, Kane and Eberle (on taxi squad). Maybe it can be a step towards makinh the tournament more popular in Canada, of course the NHL will always be No. 1, btu if Euro fans can manage watching both the IHWC and the NHL play-offs, I don´t see why Canadians couldn´t as well. The low level of competition can´t really be a excuse with some of your finest young players playing for you, can it?
    25th of June 2015 - Worst day in the history of modern hockey in Slovakia

    See you in 2019...perhaps...

  36. #136
    IHF Member Spitfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    2,068
    Quote Originally Posted by jaaa View Post
    Well, I´m hoping we will. With all respect to Belarus I don´t think that it was their superior skill level (aside from Grabovskij) that beat us rather that their coaching and system was much better than our non-existing one, we´re all hoping that Hanlon will change this.

    As for the Czechs, I don´t really see them going anywhere past the quarterfinals (most Czechs seem to think this as well), IMO, have you seen the list of their players that have excused themselves already, plus there are those still in NHL play-offs, it´s av very long list.



    Hah, well on the other side, I like how Canada seems to have started with the philospohy to invite a lot of NHL rookie´s for the IHWC, just like last year with Stamkos and Doughty and tis year with Tavares, Kane and Eberle (on taxi squad). Maybe it can be a step towards makinh the tournament more popular in Canada, of course the NHL will always be No. 1, btu if Euro fans can manage watching both the IHWC and the NHL play-offs, I don´t see why Canadians couldn´t as well. The low level of competition can´t really be a excuse with some of your finest young players playing for you, can it?

    You mean on IHWC or U18 WC ? :/

  37. #137
    IHF Member jaaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    EUSSR :(
    Posts
    2,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouellette View Post
    You mean on IHWC or U18 WC ? :/
    Oh come on, my friend, don´t really think that was necessary. IMO if those players playing for Canada at the U18 WC become succesful NHLers one day and will actually play for Team Canada at the men´s World, what does it matter that they´ll play RR now?

    EDIT: Though this is a bit off-topic, but: Recently I´ve seen a documentary of Slovakia´s first ever WJC amongst the elite teams, where we only played in the relegation round, which of course wouldn´t look like a surprise to you now, but it might if I tell you the names of players that played for Slovakia there: D Peter Podhradský, D Ľubomír Višňovský, F Marián Hossa, F Michal Handzuš. F Ľubomír Vaic, F Richard Zedník, F Vladimír Országh, F Peter Barinka, F Rastislav Pavlikovský and F Stanislav Gron and maybe some others. Despite the fact that they played RR, many of them became at least NHL regulars or top players in Europe and Slovakia and almost all were/are a huge part of Team Slovakia at IIHF men´s competitions. IMO if you told me that they would become this one day in the future back then, I´d expect them to fight for the gold or at least a medal since they´re actually at leats three times stronger on paper than the Slovak U20 team that wona bronze in 1999 was.
    25th of June 2015 - Worst day in the history of modern hockey in Slovakia

    See you in 2019...perhaps...

  38. #138
    IHF Member Pršljen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dubrovnik, Croatia
    Posts
    2,244
    Team Canada need to have Tampa Bay line on this WC: Stamkos, St.Louis, Downie.
    When Stamkos and St.Louis play together that's wonderful hockey, especially on the powerplay.

    The only question is does St.Louis want to play.
    Hokej u Hrvatskoj ima svijetlu budućnost SAMO AKO mjerodavni ljudi rade svoj posao kako treba - Pršljen
    Hockey in Croatia has a bright future ONLY IF relevant people do their job right - Pršljen

  39. #139
    IHF Member Spitfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    2,068
    Quote Originally Posted by jaaa View Post
    Oh come on, my friend, don´t really think that was necessary. IMO if those players playing for Canada at the U18 WC become succesful NHLers one day and will actually play for Team Canada at the men´s World, what does it matter that they´ll play RR now?


    Sorry, didnt read previous post carefully

  40. #140
    IHF Member SLAJA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Narva/Нарва
    Posts
    200
    there were stories right after the olympics, about rumours that bykov would be fired due too poor performance and perhaps replaced with Andrei Nazarov.

    anybody know what happened to this?
    ***СЛАЯ***

  41. #141
    IHF Staff Steigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    8,141
    Quote Originally Posted by buffmatt78 View Post
    lol Downie and Ott on team Canada??? why dont we bring Avery along to.
    Yeah, I also thought those two to have been a terribly bad idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by jaaa View Post
    Hah, well on the other side, I like how Canada seems to have started with the philospohy to invite a lot of NHL rookie´s for the IHWC, just like last year with Stamkos and Doughty and tis year with Tavares, Kane and Eberle (on taxi squad). Maybe it can be a step towards makinh the tournament more popular in Canada, of course the NHL will always be No. 1, btu if Euro fans can manage watching both the IHWC and the NHL play-offs, I don´t see why Canadians couldn´t as well. The low level of competition can´t really be a excuse with some of your finest young players playing for you, can it?
    Canada's young players have done quite well historically in IHWC, those that have come along.
    Remember Toews when he joined the team after winning U20 a few years back? That's Eberle's chance this year, because he was just that good in U20 competition as well. He's earned the shot to play.
    Stamkos will be a huge help, Kane and Tavares will do just fine as well.
    Some Canadians do pay attention... the issue is the media love to make fun of this "second rate" tournament, which causes a lot of less passionate fans to disregard it without ever watching a game to find out for themselves how good it can be.

    And remember, Canada has actually done quite well in past few years with some good young talent.

  42. #142
    IHF Member Geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    867
    C'mon Matt. Downs is a good player. Yes he takes too many penalties but he had 22 goals and 46 points in 79 games. He's the first player to get 20 goals and 200 PIM since 01-02 when Theo Fleury did it. He's pretty much a lock for Tampa's top six next year and deservedly so.

  43. #143
    IHF Staff Steigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    8,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    C'mon Matt. Downs is a good player. Yes he takes too many penalties but he had 22 goals and 46 points in 79 games. He's the first player to get 20 goals and 200 PIM since 01-02 when Theo Fleury did it. He's pretty much a lock for Tampa's top six next year and deservedly so.
    He's still an embarrassing player, and not one I want to see wearing the red maple leaf.
    I was pissed off when he was named to the U20 squad, and would have been happier getting silver without him than gold with him. That still holds true. Maybe you'll say that I hold a vendetta against him, and I won't even argue against that because it might even be true.
    But I still consider him an embarrassing player, and until he can prove able to play without taking dumb penalties, the goals won't make up for the PKs.

  44. #144
    IHF Member Geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    867
    He's working on not taking dumb penalties but if you look at a majority of his calls this season, they seem to be a result of his reputation and not his actions on ice.

    Tocchet, while not the best head coach right now, was a good disciplinarian for Downie and had a large hand in straightening him out and teaching him to play with passion but not stupidity.

    I not gonna say you have a vendetta, I'll just suggest you give him another shot.

  45. #145
    IHF Staff Steigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    8,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    He's working on not taking dumb penalties but if you look at a majority of his calls this season, they seem to be a result of his reputation and not his actions on ice.

    Tocchet, while not the best head coach right now, was a good disciplinarian for Downie and had a large hand in straightening him out and teaching him to play with passion but not stupidity.

    I not gonna say you have a vendetta, I'll just suggest you give him another shot.
    I'll give him another shot... he's on the team, I don't have a choice.
    Let's just say at the current moment that I'd be happier to see St. Louis, Lecavalier, or even Teddy Purcell.

  46. #146
    IHF Member kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,232
    I think Canada is going to surprise a lot of people with this line up. With the failure of the u18, that's going to spark a lot of emotion, as well, as wanting to get revenge on Russia.

    Either way, I think watching this Canadian team is going to be exciting because it's so different, yet the talent level is there. Once the second half of players come in, it will really be special.

    I'm disappointed that Lecavilier and St.Louis didn't show up. I can understand St.Louis position, so I wonder who will supply those sweet passes for that killer stammer slap shot and one timer. Lecavillier is a bigger disappointment. Here, he has a chance to get back into his game, in the prime of his career, but he ends as a no show. I guess it's true what they say about him, he's happy with his million dollar contract, stanley cup ring and tampa bay life style. He's a bum.

  47. #147
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Berikon, Switzerland
    Posts
    2,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabal View Post
    16th of april 2010.

    Germany - Norway 3-0

    Goals:
    22:34 – 1:0 – Michael Wolf, Assist Frank Hördler, Moritz Müller
    24:50 – 2:0 – André Rankel, Assist John Tripp, Sven Felski (Powerplaygoal)
    26:23 – 3:0 – Christoph Gawlik, Assist Yannic Seidenberg, Denis Reul


    Nice one, but norway did not play at full strentgh of course. And its just an exhibition game. What really counts for germany is the game on may 12th against denmark.
    Too bad i had to work during the game, and therefore could not watch it, though it was shown on a german tv station, wich is really seldom.

    Both teams face each other today again. Any chance for a livestream anywhere???

    Cabal,

    on which Channel was the game? DSF??
    Cheers, Franco

  48. #148
    IHF Member Alessandro Seren Rosso's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Turin, Italy
    Posts
    2,991
    Andrei Mezin won't play for Belarus! Koval and Brikun will play instead.
    My articles at The Hockey Writers

  49. #149
    IHF Staff Marc Brunengraber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Islip, New York
    Posts
    9,944
    My prediction that Belarus will finish at the bottom of its pool is looking better and better.....not having Mezin is a HUGE loss for them.

  50. #150
    IHF Member Cabal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    upper Bavaria/Franconia
    Posts
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Cabal,

    on which Channel was the game? DSF??
    Yes, game was shown on DSF, wich is now called "Sport 1".

    Second game between germany and norway ended with score: 8-2.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •