• Jean-Sébastien Giguère

0 0%
  • Carey Price

1 6.25%
  • Steve Mason

2 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: POLL: Which two would be Team Canada's in Vancouver? [Choose twice]

Olympics POLL: Which two would be Team Canada's in Vancouver? [Choose twice]

I've been reserving this poll for a long time, now with the IIHF, Stanley Cup in the Semi's and looking to the next NHL season. It's appropriate time to put this down.

Multiple options for selection of two goalies is on. Please only select two goalies, your options and your name will be shown.This is a serious poll so pick wisely.

I think I have the most serious contenders and the best options available, so I doubt I missed another option.

I am an avid follower of goalies, typically Canadian goal tenders, it's always attracted me with hockey.

* I hope we can have separate threads for each country.
    Last edited by kun; 16-05-2009 at 01:41.

Brodeur is done as NT goaler. As for the rest it looks that chossing 1 or another wont make much difference. Though I dont know much about it

Everyone is jumping on the Ward bandwagon - he is a good goalie, and has played very well in the playoffs, but it is too early to jump to conclusions about which two guys will man the pipes. There is still 1/2 an NHL season to be played - plenty of time to gain a spot through solid play. Certainly, he has earned solid consideration, and an invite to the summer camp.

Martin Brodeur use to be on the top of my list and he was always my first choice consideration no matter. However, he has already participated in a few Olympics. I think he had his share chances. It's time to give other people a chance. This is how the World Cup works in soccer, after someone who has had enough chances they should consider giving other people a chance.

IHF Member
    One shouldn't gamble on the event such as Olympic Games. Therefore, I'd go with the top goalies like Luongo and Brodeur.

Goalies who are not on the list but who deserve consideration are Biron and Chris Mason.

Without any doubt Luongo and Broudeur, MAYBE Cam Ward !
    2011/2012. - 50th Anniversary of KHL Medveščak Zagreb !

Quote Originally Posted by Drax View Post
    One shouldn't gamble on the event such as Olympic Games. Therefore, I'd go with the top goalies like Luongo and Brodeur.

Goalies who are not on the list but who deserve consideration are Biron and Chris Mason.
    Chris Mason, that's the one I was thinking about. Two terrific goalies with Mason as surnames, I keep making the mistake.

Right now, I would choose Luongo and Steve Mason.

Luongo - veteran, n.1
    Mason - young and hungry 1b/backup

third goalie... maybe Ward

Broduer and Luongo will be on the roster for sure... and being in Vancouver, Even if Broduer has the better start to the season and gets the job, there fans will get at least one game from Lou.

Would have to say Ward and Luongo at the moment would be my two favorite goalies to play in Vancouver next year and with the way Ward has been playing this year id expect him to get the nod ahead of Luongo
    Boston Bruins Stanley Cup Champions 2011

Thread Information