Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hungarian/MOL Liga transfers and news, 2009-2010 season

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaaa View Post
    Don´t get me wrong, I wasn´t underestimating the MOL, it´s definitely better for them than playing juniors over here or probably even 1.liga. My point was that I´ll be pissed off if Zvolne sends there guys capable of playing Extraliga and plays some weak imports or old players.
    I know, it was just a clarification from me.

I just wanted to point out that if they will not play in the Extraliga team (which is a decision by Zvolen management), they could develop in MOL Liga. I think some teams in the MOL Liga could finish on a very good place in the Slovakian 1. Liga.

Though the situation around MOL sounds really weird right now.
    It's almost the same everywhere. Austrian Nationalliga lost two teams until now, but other two considers to leave. It leaves the orignal 10-teams league with 6 teams. They are considering to invite slovenian teams to replace thos who are leaving. But this could also ruin everything which was planned in Slovenia.

Slovakian 1. Liga will also play with 2 teams less than in last season and Slovakia is a country with much bigger traditions than any other country around us.

IHF Member

MOL Liga teams 2009-2010 season

The deadline has expired. The following teams will play in MOL Liga in the 2009-2010 season:
    Budapest Stars - Budapest, HUN
    DAB.Docler - Dunaújváros, HUN
    Fenestela Brasov - Brasov, ROM
    Ferencvárosi TC - Budapest, HUN
    HC Lucenec - Lucenec, SVK
    Miskolci Jegesmedvék - Miskolc, HUN
    SC Csíkszereda - Miercurea Ciuc, ROM
    Újpesti TE - Budapest, HUN

Budapest Stars might play under the name Vasas-Stars, as there are negotiations between them and Vasas SC, a traditional club in Budapest. The deal is that Bp. Stars would be a hockey section of Vasas, thus, they hope to attract more fans.

Quote Originally Posted by kerusz View Post
    The deadline has expired. The following teams will play in MOL Liga in the 2009-2010 season:
    Budapest Stars - Budapest, HUN
    DAB.Docler - Dunaújváros, HUN
    Fenestela Brasov - Brasov, ROM
    Ferencvárosi TC - Budapest, HUN
    HC Lucenec - Lucenec, SVK
    Miskolci Jegesmedvék - Miskolc, HUN
    SC Csíkszereda - Miercurea Ciuc, ROM
    Újpesti TE - Budapest, HUN

Budapest Stars might play under the name Vasas-Stars, as there are negotiations between them and Vasas SC, a traditional club in Budapest. The deal is that Bp. Stars would be a hockey section of Vasas, thus, they hope to attract more fans.
    If this is definite, I wonder why noone has announced it in the Slovak media yet.

Bt looking at this http://jegkorong.blog.hu/2009/07/01/nevezesek_1 what does the új behind Lucenec mean? Does it mean that it is not yet 100% or something?
    25th of June 2015 - Worst day in the history of modern hockey in Slovakia

See you in 2019...perhaps...

IHF Member
    If this is definite, I wonder why noone has announced it in the Slovak media yet.

Bt looking at this http://jegkorong.blog.hu/2009/07/01/nevezesek_1 what does the új behind Lucenec mean? Does it mean that it is not yet 100% or something?
    új = new (new team in the league)

új = new (new team in the league)
    Thanks, so then it is definite.

Damn, I should have known that one, Új Szó.....

IHF Member
    Hungarian oil company MOL announced today that they will continue to support the league. It is said that the amount of support covers the travel costs of the teams and maybe a little more.

League starts on 11th September, teams will play two home and away matches (28 matches alltogether) until 17th January. Matchdays are Fridays and Sundays. Podium places will be decided on a final four weekend, semifinals on 23rd January, final and bronze game on 24th January. After that Hungarian teams will continue with the qualification round of the OB I.

IHF Member

Ferencvárosi TC

Ferencváros signed NT goalie Budai Krisztián, who played in Kezmarok, in the Slovakian Extraliga last season. This is a key signing since that will allow the club to ice 5 foreign skaters on the matches. The club is also negotiating with several north american players, and it is expected that the coach will also arrive from Canada or the United States.

arrived:
    BUDAI Krisztián (goalie, from MHK Kezmarok, SVK, Extraliga)

This is a good signing. This itself should help FTC be more competitive this year. I wonder who the North Americans are that might be going over.

So there´s finally a mention of Lucenec in Slovak media. Hokej.sk now reports that Hkm Lučenec will be playing the MOL-league, btu ti doesn´t say anythign about the cooperation with Zvolen.

Alba Volan center Nathan Martz signed with Italian Alleghe. He left Hungarian team after one season with 7 goals and 32 assists in 48 games

Pictures of Brasov icerink under construction:
    http://jeghoki.blogspot.com/2009/07/...egcsarnok.html
    Will be finished in december.

IHF Member

New trainers

SC Csíkszereda signed swede Ulf Weinstock, Ferencvárosi TC signed canadian Rick Leach as head coaches.

Péter Levente, Lőrincz Levente and Góga Attila transferred from HC Csíkszereda to SCM Brasov.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hold View Post
    Péter Levente, Lőrincz Levente and Góga Attila transferred from HC Csíkszereda to SCM Brasov.
    And
    BARABÁS Miklós from Alba Volán farm team to Ferencvárosi TC

IHF Member

Vasas Budapest Stars

Budapest Stars and Budapest club Vasas SC joined forces. The senior icehockey team will play under the name Vasas Budapest Stars in the next season.

Stars is a relative new club (established in 2001) with no roots and loyal fans. Their matches were poorly attended. Vasas, established in 1911, is one of the traditional big clubs in Budapest, seated in the neighbouring district where Stars plays. They have big traditions in football, handball and waterpolo for example. Their combined season tickets will be valid for the Stars icehockey matches as well. Stars hopes that with this agreement they can attract more spectators to the stands of the IceCenter.

IHF Member

pre-season matches

2009.VIII.11. 18:00 HC Topolcany (SVK-1) - Vasas Budapest Stars (Topolcany)
    2009.VIII.14. 18:30 Újpesti TE - Alba Volán 19 (Újpest)
    2009.VIII.18. ??:?? Miskolci Jegesmedvék - HK Trebisov (SVK-1) (Miskolc)
    2009.VIII.19. 11:00 Zagłębie Sosnowiec (POL) - Ferencvárosi TC (Sosnowiec, Mayor of City Sosnowiec Cup)
    2009.VIII.19. 14:00 HK Spišská Nová Ves (SVK) - Alba Volán 19 (Sosnowiec, Mayor of City Sosnowiec Cup)
    2009.VIII.20. 11:00 Spišska Nová Ves (SVK) - Ferencvárosi TC (Sosnowiec, Mayor of City Sosnowiec Cup)
    2009.VIII.20. 20:00 Zagłębie Sosnowiec (POL) - Alba Volán 19 (Sosnowiec, Mayor of City Sosnowiec Cup)
    2009.VIII.21. 14:00 Ferencvárosi TC - Alba Volán 19 (Sosnowiec, Mayor of City Sosnowiec Cup)
    2009.VIII.21. 17:00 HK Trebisov (SVK-1) - Miskolci Jegesmedvék (Trebisov)
    2009.VIII.25. 19:00 Dukla Michalovce (SVK-1) - Miskolci Jegesmedvék (Michalovce)
    2009.VIII.26. 18:00 HK Spišská Nová Ves (SVK) - Újpesti TE (Spišská Nová Ves, Spišský pohár)
    2009.VIII.27. 15:00 Újpesti TE - Zagłębie Sosnowiec (POL) (Spišská Nová Ves, Spišský pohár)
    2009.VIII.28. 15:00 HC Presov (SVK-1) - Újpesti TE (Spišská Nová Ves, Spišský pohár)
    2009.VIII.28. 18:00 DAB.Docler - Ferencvárosi TC (Dunaújváros)
    2009.VIII.28. 19:00 Alba Volán 19 - Medvescak Zagreb (CRO) (Székesfehérvár)
    2009.VIII.28. 19:00 Miskolci Jegesmedvék - Dukla Michalovce (SVK-1) (Miskolc)
    2009.VIII.29. 18:00 Dab.Docler - HC VTJ Topolcany (SVK-1) (Dunaújváros)
    2009.VIII.30. ??:?? Ferencvárosi TC - HC VTJ Topolcany (SVK-1) (Pesterzsébet)

2009.IX.1. 17:00 Hkm Zvolen (SVK) - Alba Volán 19 (Zvolen)
    2009.IX.1. 17:30 Miskolci Jegesmedvék-HK 46 Bardejov (SVK-1) (Miskolc)
    2009.IX.4. 17:00 HC VTJ Topolcany (SVK-1) - DAB.Docler (Topolcany)
    2009.IX.4. 17:30 HK 46 Bardejov (SVK-1) - Miskolci Jegesmedvék (Bardejov)
    2009.IX.4. ??:?? Vasas Budapest Stars - HC Dukla Senica (SVK-1) (IceCenter)
    2009.IX.5. 18:30 Alba Volán 19 - Olimpija Ljubljana (SLO) (Székesfehérvár, Ocskay memorial)
    2009.IX.6. ??:?? Alba Volán 19 - Graz99ers (AUT)/Vienna Capitals (AUT) (Székesfehérvár, Ocskay memorial)
    2009.IX.6. ??:?? Ferencvárosi TC - DAB.Docler (Pesterzsébet)
    2009.IX.8. ??:?? HC VTJ Topolcany (SVK-1) - Ferencvárosi TC (Topolcany)

IHF Prospect
    Alba Volán SC will play as Alba Volán 19 in the future.

The new headcoach of Alba Volán 19 is Jarmo Tolvanen. He signed a 1+1 year contract with the club. On the press conference today afternoon Club manager Gábor Ocskay Sr. announced that the following players have valid contract with the club at the moment:

goalies: Hetényi, Becze
    defenders: Tokaji
    forwards: Kovács, Vaszjunyin, Benk, Sofron, Nagy G., Hegyi

The club have already agreed with Maklári and Tóth A. (from the farm team)

They are negotiating with Magosi from DAB.Docler., Mihály Árpád (HC Csíkszereda), Vas Márton, Ladányi (both Briancon), Peterdi (DAB.Docler) and Vas János (Brynäs) also got an offer from the club.

The club wants to keep Nathan Martz and Andreas Byström, however, Jason Guerriero has left the club and signed a contract with Schwenninger Wild Wings.

The farm team will not play in the MOL Liga and Hungarian OB I. in the next season.

The new name of the Arena is Ifj. Ocskay Gábor Jégcsarnok (Gábor Ocskay Jr. Arena).

As the first stage of the modernisation of the Arena, There will be a major technical upgrade on the icerink this year, the cooling system will be independent from the cold store of the neighbouring food company.
    hello kerusz. your forum is interesting and informative.can you tell me about the tournament in miskolc,what teams are involved and how the home team is doing?

IHF Member
    Looks like that VAS János will play in Alba Volán (EBEL) for a while

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steve46 View Post
    hello kerusz. your forum is interesting and informative.can you tell me about the tournament in miskolc,what teams are involved and how the home team is doing?
    Miskolc looks quite okay. I hope tomorrow i will report about the test matches so far.

Two polish D form Akuna Naprzód Janów (which withdrew from PLH), Łukasz Kulik i Michał Działo, will be tested by Ferencvarosi TC.

New pics of Brasov icerink nearly finished:
    http://jeghoki.blogspot.com/2009/11/...csarnokon.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information