Thread: Goalie coachign at Estonia

IHF Prospect

Estonia Goalie coachign at Estonia

There doesn't seem to be much goalie coaching today at Estonia, but there is interest to make a change to better in this area. I have been discussing with Eesti Jäähoki Liit on how we (Goaliepro/Finland) could help Estonia in this situation.

Once things we have already done is that we took the only Estonian goalie coach to work with us at our summer mainn camp to learn our systems and work with our pro's. See his interview (in Finnish).

Since I am often at Estonia on business there could be something that can be done to help our southern neighbors.

Jukka

Terve!

Nice interview and Christian is special! All heart. The job he is doing with Tallinn Purikad kids is fantastic. And Christian is in it not for job, but he loves the game and everything connected to it. He has been helping kids on and off ice, with goaltending, equipmennt, etc.

But he is not the only goalie coach. International referee and former goalie Igor Tsernõshov (Chernyshov) is doing a good job with Tallinn Unistars kids. He also acted as the goalie coach in Frontier hockey school - first ever "Finnish style" hockey camp this summer for the boys born in 1998-2000 (participants from Tallinn clubs Purikad, Unistars, Vipers and Järvenpää Haukat).

I also added the interview to Tallinn Purikad home site: http://www.purikad.ee/1770.html
    Brian Burke: "True leaders don’t need a letter on their chest. They still lead. Teemu is like that."

IHF Prospect
    Hope the programs we do will help goalies and goalie coaches at Estonia. We will definately continue the work with Christian and also look at other possibilities to support Estonian hockey via Goaliepro. I am actually meeting with Christian on this coming Thursday when I visiting Tallinn next and bring him some new equipment as well.

We just got through our summer workout's with ZSC Lions and a few other pro goalies as Lions will start team workout's next week and boys are flying back to Zurich today. This will leave me a bit more time to do other things.

Anyway, hopefully with Christian and other active coaches we can make some nice progress next season in the area of goalie coaching.

Jukka

Thread Information