Thread: Estonian mens national team 2009-10

IHF Prospect

Estonia Estonian mens national team 2009-10

It will be an interesting experience to work with head coach Ismo Lehkonen and coach team Estonia this upcomign season. We are starting our work on 29.8 and from then on Ismo and I will post updates on the new upcomign Eesti Jäähoki Liit's website.

Jukka

IHF Prospect
    There will also be a new blog as part of the new site that Ismo and I will keep updated.

Jukka

IHF Member Alessandro Seren Rosso's Avatar
    And here http://www.internationalhockey.net/h..._ropponen.html there is an interview with Jukka Ropponen!
    My articles at The Hockey Writers

IHF Member
    Hi there,
    I've always been fascinated by Estonia, and have been there twice!!! It's a beautiful country and I absolutely loved it. Good luck, I wish you the best!

IHF Prospect

Estonia

Program is about to start. This saturday 29.8 we will have following agenda at Premia in Tallinn:

12:00 Team meeting
    14:40 Ice practice
    16:15 Press conference

Jukka

IHF Prospect
    Some nice news coverage from yesterdays event.

Jukka

IHF Prospect
    New website has now also 3 min video summary of the national team kickoff event.

Jukka

Estonia national team will play on Dicember 19 in Savolinna vs Mestis League team SaPKo, as part of club's 80 years anniversary events

IHF Prospect

Estonia

Some new thoughts where we are in the process with national team at our coaches blog: http://hockeyestonia.blogspot.com/

Jukka

IHF Prospect
    Here some photos from continental cup. http://goaliepro.com/fi/uutiset/2009...marras2009.php

Next national team game will be 19.12 vs. SaPKo at Finland.

Jukka

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka Ropponen View Post
    It will be an interesting experience to work with head coach Ismo Lehkonen and coach team Estonia this upcomign season. We are starting our work on 29.8 and from then on Ismo and I will post updates on the new upcomign Eesti Jäähoki Liit's website.

Jukka
    wait so you coach team Estonia, assistant im guessing

IHF Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Snype View Post
    wait so you coach team Estonia, assistant im guessing
    yes, assistant & goalie coach.

Jukka

yes, assistant & goalie coach.

Jukka
    well a late congratulations from myself how is the experience and how did you get the job

IHF Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Snype View Post
    well a late congratulations from myself how is the experience and how did you get the job
    My business www.snoobi.com has an office at Tallinn (HQ's at Helsinki) so I dod visit there often and local hockey federation is one of our clients. This is how discussions started and Ismo Lehkonen and I decided to help our neighbours in this project for this season.

Jukka

great win for Estonia. congratulations on the promotion good luck next year

IHF Prospect
    http://hockeyestonia.blogspot.com/20...w-coaches.html

Some thoughts on the blog. Basically team Estonia has what it takes to stay at D-1 level and I wish them all the best for next season while us last season coaches are focused on other coaching assignments.

Jukka

IHF Member
    http://hockeyestonia.blogspot.com/20...w-coaches.html

Some thoughts on the blog. Basically team Estonia has what it takes to stay at D-1 level and I wish them all the best for next season while us last season coaches are focused on other coaching assignments.

Jukka
    The EST Federation is not going a good way..... What is exactly theyr problem? My feeling is, that the Federation is too adynamic. I do not see, that ice hockey in EST has a good future.... Hopefully for EST, I'm wrong....
    Cheers, Franco

IHF Member
    According to the coaches Ropponen and Lehkonen they the Federation have not been in touch with them since May about the next seasons continuity or plans. Some national team players has been calling them asking what´s the plans and what´s going on. the Federation said to been run by of corrupted and incompetent person. There was a dissatisfaction voting againts the board of members but they seem to be remain since they got votes from some clubs who even haven any teams to put on ice. Players said this was the first time ever there was a professional approach in the national team program such physical conditioning, food, ice practice, games plans etc etc. It resulted that Estonia run through the WC Division 2 competion with an easy and beat Romania 7-1 in the last game.

Quote Originally Posted by realcloutier View Post
    According to the coaches Ropponen and Lehkonen they the Federation have not been in touch with them since May about the next seasons continuity or plans. Some national team players has been calling them asking what´s the plans and what´s going on. the Federation said to been run by of corrupted and incompetent person. There was a dissatisfaction voting againts the board of members but they seem to be remain since they got votes from some clubs who even haven any teams to put on ice. Players said this was the first time ever there was a professional approach in the national team program such physical conditioning, food, ice practice, games plans etc etc. It resulted that Estonia run through the WC Division 2 competion with an easy and beat Romania 7-1 in the last game.
    Some insights on this subject can be found in an interview here.

IHF Member Alessandro Seren Rosso's Avatar
    Very interesting reading thanks
    My articles at The Hockey Writers

IHF Member
    Total incompetence and greed i.e secure own jobs on the board of the federation before the developement and improve of the estonian ice hockey. Last seasons work a total waste and probably back to Division 2 in a jiffy.

Thread Information