Thread: Ice Hockey in Holland

Ice Hockey in Holland

Hello All, I was wandering if one of you could help me. I am in Amsterdam from 28th September until 9th October for training for work, flying back on that day and was looking to catch a game whilst there. I would prefer to watch Amstel, as this will be the closest team. I looked at their website, but cannot see whether the season has started. If it has, where can I book the tickets in advance? I would love to check out some Dutch IH, and as always any help given would be good.. Looking forward to hearing from someone:)
    Guildford Flames until the end! :)

GUILDFORD FLAMES EPL LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2007- 2008

GUILDFORD FLAMES EPL CUP CHAMPIONS 2009 -2010:c032:

GUILDFORD FLAMES 2010-2011 EPL PLAYOFF CHAMPIONS:-)

Netherlands

Hi Cady!

Here are the dates and times of the home games of the Amstel Tijgers of Amsterdam (#7 in regular season last year):

sun 27 sep 2009 18:00 Amstel Tijgers Amsterdam - Groningen Grizzlies (#6 in regular season last year)
    sat 03 okt 2009 18:00 Amstel Tijgers Amsterdam - Geleen Smoke Eaters (#3)
    wed 07 okt 2009 19:30 Amstel Tijgers Amsterdam - HYS The Hague (reigning champions, with former NHL-ers Selivanov and Ignatjevs)
    sat 10 okt 2009 18:00 Amstel Tijgers Amsterdam - Tilburg Trappers (runner-up)

You could try to get tickets via ijshockey.com's ticketshop: http://www.ijshockey.com/200910/tickets.asp

But seriously, I'd just go to the Jaap Eden Hal (Radioweg 64, 1098 NJ Amsterdam) and buy your tickets at the entrance. Amsterdam is a team in rebuilding mode, with a lot of talented youngsters who will most likely put up a good fight but are more than likely to lose the majority of their games. Even in their heydays in the first half of this decade, they never manager to sell out the place, not even in de play-off finals. So there's no way you're gonna miss out on a ticket due to a full house :-)
    You can be sincere and still be stupid - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

oh wow thanks Ro:) did not think Id get a quick response, so thanks for that. I actually managed to find the link to the Amstels pro, and was able to get some of it translated thanks to the trusted google translate. I think I am going to try out for the match on the 3rd, as I will be off then.. Unfortunately I will be based near Schiphol Airport, but I hear that it is a small city, (been to Le Hague and Rotterdam before, but first time in Amsterdam) and that it is easy to get from one place to another.. so hopefully will see a match..:), or maybe two lol:)

Netherlands

Great, that's the game against my home town team, the Smoke Eaters! :-)

Maybe you can use google maps to get to the Radioweg 64 as well ;-)

If you're travelling by public transport, however, this is a good place to get directions on which train & bus to take: www.9292ov.nl

Oh, this post might be interesting as well: http://forums.internationalhockey.ne...ead.php?t=5504

Hi Ro, guess what happened? I returned to UK early on Saturday night, as the training went well, and they found me efficient enough not to stay on in Ams... Unfortunately I could not check out the Tijgers, but will definately make a long weekend to Ams soon, and catch the guys in action.. Thanks for all your help, and if you ever need information on British or Turkish Ice hockey, then let me know. Dank u:)

Thread Information