Thread: ryan molnar miskolc

IHF Prospect

ryan molnar miskolc

he is currently training and practicing in Miskolc.he played against hk dukla michalovce and played fantastic. go to icezone.hu. and find ''jol is folytattak'',it mentions his contributions .he is seeking dual citizenship as his grandmother is hungarian.miskolc has 5 foreign players already.his last hockey camp in alberta canada was the PERRY PEARN 3 VS 3 PRO -PREPERATION CAMP.TOP W.H.L.PLAYERS AND JUNIORS including tomas vincour dallas draft #129.ryan button-. boston #86.levko koper atlanta. roman horak.-new york#127.also brent raedeke detroit. pearn said ''sometimes kids fall through the cracks''.and he did very well.pearn said good luck,and he'll see him again.ryan molnar is a very determined young man and wants to be hungary's best. given the chance and patience he just might be.the better he plays against the better he plays. if anyone has video of miskolc vs hk dukla 5-5 tie please let me know.thanks
    Last edited by steve46; 21-10-2009 at 07:19. Reason: spelling

IHF Prospect

ryan molnar miskolc

I was at the rink last night and saw Ryan Molnar practicing with Miskolc.I don't know his status regarding playing with the team in games.

IHF Prospect

Edmonton

Quote Originally Posted by westphr View Post
    I was at the rink last night and saw Ryan Molnar practicing with Miskolc.I don't know his status regarding playing with the team in games.
    i'm going to miskolc from dec22 to jan 3 ,introduce yourself.i'm steve.he's put in papers to be a dual hungarian/canadian citizenship.they have 5 foreigen players signed and i guess need them all,so i'm not quite sure myself.he's hoping to play this year as i'm sure he can play this level.how did he look at practice.,and hope to talk to you soon .

IHF Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by steve46 View Post
    i'm going to miskolc from dec22 to jan 3 ,introduce yourself.i'm steve.he's put in papers to be a dual hungarian/canadian citizenship.they have 5 foreigen players signed and i guess need them all,so i'm not quite sure myself.he's hoping to play this year as i'm sure he can play this level.how did he look at practice.,and hope to talk to you soon .
    Hey Steve.....I will private message you about meeting when you come to Miskolc.

Ryan looked pretty good in practice but its hard to say how he would perform unless you get to see him in a game situation.If you are a foreign player here you need to make an immediate impact on the team and I'm not sure hes any better than the Hungarian goalies on Miskolc.

IHF Prospect
    i've goalie coached at a high level here and i have noticed a few things.in europe with the wider rink the goalies think they need to stay deep to guard against the pass. the rink is only wider at the boards not within 40 feet around the net.so they get beat on passouts down low ,shots and passes on 2on 1's.also moving towards the shooter leaves the goalie with locked feet .a goalie should get out early and close to the shooter,initiate backwards movement forcing the pass.one problem . even in the n.h.l is the d -fence backs in on 2-1s,slowing the play down.the goalie then stands still awaiting the shooter ,kicks rebounds or gets passed by.in my day i would yell at my d-fence to force the puck carrier early at the blueline.then u would get offsides ,a bad pass,and the shooter forced wide.much easier for the goalie.now the goalie shouldn't depend on the 'd' and continue his movement.it takes patience ,reading the play and body language.for ryan he's been shown at a young age and its natural.he studies the game and is very analytical.at 5'8 he has to play this way.speed kills.sometimes its good to rush the shooters timing and decision making as it takes them out of their comfort zone.i'm not making comparisons but Hasek made a career out of confusing shooters.sorry for being long winded but i wanted to give you my ideology.thanks
    Last edited by steve46; 13-12-2009 at 21:43. Reason: spelling

IHF Prospect
    I searched his statistics and he hasnt logged a game in the last 2 years but still managed to only let in 2 goals against that slovakian team in what seems to be his first game in that time span.

IHF Prospect
    totally correct. all his games were exhibitions and he played very well. last cut and told that he wasn't 6'5.i'd rather have a smaller goalie who hides the net than a large goalie on the goal line. its a testament to a young man who never gave up and with the blessing of 'the goalie center'[goalie coaches of edm oil kings,oiler minor leagues]his training went full boar .from there an invite to PEARNS pro -preperation camp,consisting of alberta junior hockey league,western hockey league and n.c.a.a. players.many of them N.H.L. draft picks.if you like wide open 3 vs 3 hockey with no d-fence thats the place.great for goalies.from there ,miskolc. nice start. thanks for your intrest.

IHF Prospect
    i just got back from miskolc and must thank MR EGRI,PETER MAYER,GABOR MAYER,ASSISTANTS AND PLAYERS.they are a classy group from the top down,but are not without a great sense of humor and wit.you could feel the excitement of their 3rd place finish and with a little luck and better calls could have done better.i was allowed to travel with the team and my son,and could not have been treated better.i also got a chance to meet WESTPHR and that was great.i've got some jet lag so i'm gonna snooze.i'llcatch you later with some insights.

IHF Prospect
    hi steve46, it was great to meet you too and I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Hungary. 3rd place is definitely an achievement for sure !! I look forward to the insights from you later.

IHF Prospect
    well it was a great trip,new years eve was fun we had a champagne game[ MIsKOLC against old timers,who were pretty good,some miskolc ,div one past players. I got to dress in net but my knee couldn't hack it [surgery].so champagne on the bench wasn't too bad.the hungarian cup was unreal .first against dab .fans going nuts ,drums ,cheerleaders,lots of cops,constant cheering.MISKOLC had their own section with flags and drums.1200 people packed.Bence held the fort and it was close. the dab goalie was good [slovak] but let out a lot of rebounds off his body.if the miskolc players had put their sticks and bodies in his way he wouldn't have been able to cover as much.other wise they played great.in the third the refs looked intimidated by the crowd and started calling penalties negating any comeback.the next game against frady was also good.not as many fans but xciting. i could tell in the warm up that buda wasn't playing ,by him just standing there during warm up drills.this hurts them in the end because they played their young goalie who doesn't look like he's ready yet.after the young fella lets in 3 or 4 quick goals[.not really his fault as MISKOLC was playing well.]then they put in BUDA.he doesnt look prepared and miskolc fires in a few more.game over MISKOLC 3RD PLACE,and everyone does the happy dance.when we get back home off the bus we were greeted by chanting fans ,twizzlers,smoke bombs and champagne.funny when i tell people here they can't belive the enthusiasm.unreal.i hope to go back next year when Ryan plays.

IHF Prospect
    i should have added that if you go to youtube and punch in RYAN MOLNAR there are 3 videos of goalie training ,and 3 or 4 of that PERRY PEARN camp .the first camp vid shows alist of players in camp,VINCOUR KOPER ,HORAK ; BUTTON ,AND OTHERS. you can also punch in MOL LIGA. THANKS.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steve46 View Post
    well it was a great trip,new years eve was fun we had a champagne game[ MIsKOLC against old timers,who were pretty good,some miskolc ,div one past players. I got to dress in net but my knee couldn't hack it [surgery].so champagne on the bench wasn't too bad.the hungarian cup was unreal .first against dab .fans going nuts ,drums ,cheerleaders,lots of cops,constant cheering.MISKOLC had their own section with flags and drums.1200 people packed.Bence held the fort and it was close. the dab goalie was good [slovak] but let out a lot of rebounds off his body.if the miskolc players had put their sticks and bodies in his way he wouldn't have been able to cover as much.other wise they played great.in the third the refs looked intimidated by the crowd and started calling penalties negating any comeback.the next game against frady was also good.not as many fans but xciting. i could tell in the warm up that buda wasn't playing ,by him just standing there during warm up drills.this hurts them in the end because they played their young goalie who doesn't look like he's ready yet.after the young fella lets in 3 or 4 quick goals[.not really his fault as MISKOLC was playing well.]then they put in BUDA.he doesnt look prepared and miskolc fires in a few more.game over MISKOLC 3RD PLACE,and everyone does the happy dance.when we get back home off the bus we were greeted by chanting fans ,twizzlers,smoke bombs and champagne.funny when i tell people here they can't belive the enthusiasm.unreal.i hope to go back next year when Ryan plays.
    What about Ryan's citizenship? When will he have a Hungarian passport? Without that it's hard for a foreign goalie because of the 3+1 or 5+0 rule. I'm not sure that this rule will be more liberal in the future and Miskolc needs five foreign skaters to keep up with the other teams.

IHF Prospect
    hi Kerusz. Ryans paperwork has been filed but we've been told he has to pass a nationality test in verbal and written Hungarian.he has a hungarian phrase book ,i just mailed a hungarian set of dvd's on learning,but we have had a hard time getting a tutor. i have been told that there are other nationalities getting citizenship easier. if you know of any way less complicated please let me know. we aren't even sure what's on the test. the foreigner rule is what it is i guess,and i do beleive that he would be one of the best hungarian goalies, and because of that he has to remain focused.its win win for Ryan and MISKOLC.he's learning the language and not only the culture but what is required to be a good pro and teammate.all 4 goalies are friends and learn from each other. miskolc wins also because they will have a top notch goalie and the Strengall line is gonna be good. there are a couple of youngsters that are really going to improve on the junior team because their energy picks up when they get a chance to score on ryan .he also goalie coaches a group of younger goalies and i could already see the influence he's had on their technique and skating.he's been invited to the perry pearn camp again and they were excited to hear that he's in hungary.i don't think they had anyone go to europe before .what did you think of the videos.he was pretty sluggish in december because he was so sick he stayed in bed for 2 weeks and peter mayer wouldn't let him practice.i don't blame him . i wouldn't want my whole team getting sick . all in all i know its hard to sit 2 foreign players and play a goalie but i'd probably try it if a starter was injured and the odds are that u won't win. nothing to lose ,maybe he steals a game. it is fantastic ,how the fans appreciate the teams efforts and all players put out 100 percent. they will be a team to be reckoned with.
    Last edited by steve46; 04-02-2010 at 06:52. Reason: spelling

IHF Prospect
    Also, i found his first game review off of a Hungarian website.

"The match started a bit sleepy in the troops, but - as the match against Terebes too - soon gained a national leadership team. 3 Dan Strengell minutes early, then transfer Pietari Oksa a shot eresztett Sike Zoltán fokból almost zero, which is pouring through the legs of goalkeeper (1-0). This little felbőszültek Michalovce the players, and 5 egalizálták minutes late to the result: a well-earned Striz evaded kontratámadásból indefensible goals, Gyenes was no chance of defending David (1-1). Then the guests caught in the thread, and one after the other into the situations. 13 minutes before the end of the Miskolc megrezegtették web team: emberelőnyben Bodnar eresztett a distant shot, which finds its way to the gate (1-2). We also took the lead in the Slovak team, and this has not yet ended the assault: 2 minutes, the score was already 1-3 after a nice position evaded Štefan found the goal. A Terebes elleni meccshez képest sokkal kevesebb volt a szabálytalanság, ha eltekintünk Regenda végleges kiállításától. The first third of Miskolc gate guarded by Gyenes, who was not really a complaint to the public, because Bodnar lövésétől far apart from the other two goals ziccerig situation was being circumvented. Michalovce The team played more enthusiastically, quickly caught the thread, which is reflected in the results.

The second játékrészben the debut of color before the audience Miskolc, Ryan Molnar of the Hungarian descent in 21 years of Canadian goalie. Unfortunately, the presentation was the best, because 33 seconds, the guests have already been inaugurated, in addition to a completed emberhátrányból hit this time to salute the Franc - hopefully - future Miskolc goalkeeper (1-4). Fortunately, it is not broke Molnar enjoyed, and even then it was only really the thread to the young clerk. Miskolciak did not have long to wait for the answer: 22 minutes at the beginning of Emil Dan Horn and Pietari Oksa transfer Strengell 2-4-modified by the results. This has been brought to the támadókedvét Polar bears: an increasing number of actions have been developed, and the third gate has fired more than Michalovce - only, unfortunately without success. In contrast, 34 increased again minutes away advantage: much scoring, and this again led to 3 goals vs. (2-5).

The third stint as a changed person team of Miskolc. Molnar decided to close the door, and this was the end of the game itself. I do not know what inspiration may have received during the intermission, the team vezetőedzőtől Peter Mayer, but the last third of the Borsod demonstrated that "the bear is not a game." Végigrohamozták throughout the third, and this is reflected in the kapuralövésekben also fired gate is almost three times as much as the guests. The third in the first half rarely reached the gates of the enemy troops, and these actions also pose a risk or have been eliminated or the goalkeeper great bravura. 48 minutes of Miskolc team got a chance to catch up, much irregularity in the judge after convictions in Miskolc for the team, and although it missed Sijka not have long to wait for the deer problem and the remedy of the team: Patrick transfer Oksa Popovich got the 3rd Teddy bears goal (3-5), and will now be launched from the machine. 54 Sike megzörgette the moment again nagymihályiak web Strengell transfer, and this 4-5-by into the results. Also picked up the voice of the fans, and lustily encouraged the team until the end game. Unfortunately, the last part of the game is not just about the games because the opponent's players surprised that a gólra came to Miskolc, and at the end of this tension came out strongly on them. The last nine minutes so double emberelőnyben played the home team, and only 8 seconds for the boys need to adjust the 5-5 result. A korongszerzést after Strengell and Oksa passzolgatott each other, and then shot in the Oksa lekészítette pakket success, and GÓÓÓL! Had already made the fifth. So it's done! The remaining 40 seconds, even had the polar bears, but they could change the result, it remained 5-5. Few would have thought that 5-2 handicap felállniuk we have the guys from the floor, but the last third of the Michalovce ledarálták team.

Miskolc The combination of the author's hat Sike Zoltán and Dan Strengell and Pietari Oksa raised. In addition, it should be Ryan Molnar, who in the last third of the performance of a beautiful védéseivel achieved the public recognition of Miskolc."

Thread Information