Thread: import player salary mol liga?

IHF Member

import player salary mol liga?

what do import players get paid in the mol liga? or how do they get taken care of?

Last year the top players of HC Csikszereda (which was one of the wealthiest club in the league) get ~ 5000-8000 euros per month i think. But probably the average salary is much lower.

Quote Originally Posted by hold View Post
    Last year the top players of HC Csikszereda (which was one of the wealthiest club in the league) get ~ 5000-8000 euros per month i think. But probably the average salary is much lower.

Wow That is EBEL level salary.
    2011/2012. - 50th Anniversary of KHL Medveščak Zagreb !

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Wow That is EBEL level salary.

i'm not sure, but i heard that Mihály Árpád (who plays in EBEL now) has around 7-8000.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hold View Post
    HC Csíkszereda spent at least three times as much money than other MOL Ligateams, so it shouldn't be considered as a typical example. I serusly doubt if there is one single player in the MOL Liga who gets more than 2500 EUR.

I think foreign players get accomodation, maybe food and salary from 500...600 EUR to a maximum of 2000...2500 EUR, depending on their previous experience. And they must be able to be an impact player practically soon. Those times when a soviet (later russian), slovakian, finnish or canadian passport made somebody a good player are gone long-long ago.

IHF Prospect
    Didn't know where else to put this. But here we go.

Me and my brother are in the process of getting our Hungarian citizenship. We are just wondering about some info on this league. We have played hockey all our lives (Im 19 and he is 22). Were just wondering what the caliber of this league is and what it is comparable to, and if it would be realistic for us to have a chance to play in it. We were wondering how the whole recruiting thing works (I saw this on the Hungarian Ice Hockey Federation website). Also, is Hungarian citizenship necisaary to play in the league?

Anyway, any info, links etc you guys could give me would be awesome! Thank you!

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
    Didn't know where else to put this. But here we go.

Me and my brother are in the process of getting our Hungarian citizenship. We are just wondering about some info on this league. We have played hockey all our lives (Im 19 and he is 22). Were just wondering what the caliber of this league is and what it is comparable to, and if it would be realistic for us to have a chance to play in it. We were wondering how the whole recruiting thing works (I saw this on the Hungarian Ice Hockey Federation website). Also, is Hungarian citizenship necisaary to play in the league?

Anyway, any info, links etc you guys could give me would be awesome! Thank you!
    Hungarian citizenship is not necessary, but the number of the foreign players on the gamesheet is limited, so foreign players should definitely be impact players.

Quote Originally Posted by kerusz View Post
    Hungarian citizenship is not necessary, but the number of the foreign players on the gamesheet is limited, so foreign players should definitely be impact players.

Should they receive citizenship prior to the beginning of the season, would the import rules not apply to them even if they have never played in Hungary at any level?

With AV II returning, I’m guessing Alba Volan will not be loaning players to Miskolc this year. Should be a couple of roster spots up for grabs….

…although compensation may be at the low end of the spectrum.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiraly View Post
    Should they receive citizenship prior to the beginning of the season, would the import rules not apply to them even if they have never played in Hungary at any level?
    As soon as they receive their citizenship, they are not considered anymore as foreign players. It can happen anytime during the season.

IHF Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by kerusz View Post
    Ok, well were just applying for our citizneship.

How does this whole process work? I saw a couple teams were recruiting. Do you just email them?

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
    Ok, well were just applying for our citizneship.

How does this whole process work? I saw a couple teams were recruiting. Do you just email them?
    Send me a mail <nickname> at yahoo dot com

Thread Information