Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Erste Bank Liga 2010/11 preseason: teams, transfers, news

IHF Member
    Hrhokej published an article about Sapa Fehervar AV 19 in the incoming EBEL season. Enjoy at: http://hrhokej.net/ebel/982-sapa-feh...ite-snage.html

IHF Member
    Mike Ouellette after disastrous decision to join Kassel Huskies joined today Graz 99 Medical Moser.

My boys will welcome him warmly at Dom Sportova...

Good luck to him !
    2011/2012. - 50th Anniversary of KHL Medveščak Zagreb !

IHF Staff
    Pierre Luc Sleigher and Joey Mormina (both from the defunct Kassel Huskies) have joined the Red Bulls Salzburg.

Centers Scott Reynolds and Aaron Fox are not Bears players any more. Reynolds didn't met Sator's expectations, while Fox is not in Sator plans anymore. He said that he wants faster game this year from his team and he doesn't think that Fox can adjust to that style.

Don MacLean who was on try-out signed contract, so he is our center no.1. Wacey Rabbit is on try-out as well, but I think he will stay for sure, because Bears already targeted him prior to the last season.

During "Ferdo Spajić" memorial, Medvescak will test Denver Manderson, young Canadian forward who played couple of games with Red Bull at the European Trophy.

Tomorrow finaly season begins

IHF Member
    Yes, I've scouted Rabbit last season, but with Fox in a hole, it wasn't so easy to catch him.

Now, when Fox is gone, Rabbit was easier to lure to the bear cove!

Quote Originally Posted by Ouellette View Post
    Centers Scott Reynolds and Aaron Fox are not Bears players any more. Reynolds didn't met Sator's expectations, while Fox is not in Sator plans anymore. He said that he wants faster game this year from his team and he doesn't think that Fox can adjust to that style.

Don MacLean who was on try-out signed contract, so he is our center no.1. Wacey Rabbit is on try-out as well, but I think he will stay for sure, because Bears already targeted him prior to the last season.

During "Ferdo Spajić" memorial, Medvescak will test Denver Manderson, young Canadian forward who played couple of games with Red Bull at the European Trophy.

Tomorrow finaly season begins
    Why they haven't sign one more defender !?
    The time is running out and if would be really good and important if they sign one more defender.

Gazdić - Sertić - MacAulay - Sandrock - Letang. They are OK.
    Brumerčik and Powers aren't really players on which we can rely in the upcoming season.
    Hokej u Hrvatskoj ima svijetlu budućnost SAMO AKO mjerodavni ljudi rade svoj posao kako treba - Pršljen
    Hockey in Croatia has a bright future ONLY IF relevant people do their job right - Pršljen

IHF Member
    We still have 4 points free my dear supporters. I'm saving those for after "Ferdo" tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Presidente View Post
    We still have 4 points free my dear supporters. I'm saving those for after "Ferdo" tournament.
    ok, sign Phil Oreskovic ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ouellette View Post
    ok, sign Phil Oreskovic ...
    If only your dream team could become reality

Quote Originally Posted by Viperdan View Post
    If only your dream team could become reality

Well, Oreskovic can't cost more than Banham, and he would be real asset to our defence and later for NT .

IHF Member
    If only could that be a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Presidente View Post
    Four points free ?

how is that possible ?

I was doing some point calculations today and now we are around 62 points with 24 players. Maybe I am wrong ? :/

Can you write here excatly points for every player if it is not a problem ?

IHF Member
    Today a tournament in Zagreb will start, named in honour of my predecessor, Ferdo Spajić.

Hope you all come and enjoy some good hockey!

IHF Member
    Jesenice - Villach
    0:1
    46" Mitchell (Kaspitz) EQ

IHF Staff
    After the disappointing results at the Salute/European Trophy final tournament the Red Bulls have released 5 players on try out including the two hired from Kassel Huskies just last week. Added to the roster is defenseman Shaun Heshka (San Antonio/Phoenix).

IHF Member
    We have terminated a try-out contract with Denver Manderson after he didn't satisfy us.

If only we could sign Oreskovic Phil.. as he is a free agent now!

Too bad no one can get a hold of him though.

I guess we'll be trying to get him for playoffs!
    Last edited by Tyreone Shoelaces; 08-09-2010 at 12:41.

Medveščak preview

After reaching semifinals last year, Medvescak fans are expecting the same, but boards are with both feets on the ground and "official" goal is to reach the playoffs and after that everything is possible.

Goalies : This is very upredictable position in Medvescak. There is Robert Kristan, who is, without any debate, great goalie, but problems with alcohol and his very temperament nature is his big "enemy" which leads to amplitudes from "50 saves per game", to "5 soft goals per game"

Backup goalie, Krošelj, is nowhere near Kristan in terms of quality, but he posses great dose of calmness and he is capalbe to be very good in 7-10 games during the season. He was briliant against Graz in QF last season, but then, he let two goals on two shots in second game of SF against Salzburg. After that, Kristan retain it's position as starter.

Defense : By fans and the media this is characterized as Bear's "cancer wound". We have too many offensive minded defencemans, and do not have one big stay-at home defender who can "punish" opponents. That lack was perfectly obvious at Ferdo Spajić tournament.

Offense : This is something we will heavily rely on. Banham, Kinasevic, Filewich, MacLean and Rabbit seems stronger group than Mike Prpich, Heerema, Smyth. First line will be Banham - MacLean - Filewich. Second one should be Kinasevic - Rabbit - Guidarelli, third one, Hecimovic - Prpic - Kanaet and foruth Blagus - Lovrencic - Rajsar. So, this is really improved area compared to the last season. Hecimovic, last season 20 goal scorer, now is in third line, nuff said.

Projected result : If there won't be some serious injuries and if Kristan will reduce it's alcohol, Bear's could be around 6th place at the end of the regular season.

Second EBEL season for the Bears starts tonight against Graz99ers in Graz, while in Sunday, soldout "Dom športova" will seek for the first home win against actual champion, Red Bull Salzburg.
    Last edited by Spitfire; 10-09-2010 at 13:44.

Banned
    Any highligts from the games???

Quote Originally Posted by roki View Post
    Any highligts from the games???

There were highlights on Servus TV, but only from two games, KAC-VSV and Olimpija - Vienna. Unfortunaetly, no highlights from Graz - Medvescak and Sapa - Jesenice.

Game between Linz and Salzburg were broadcasted.

I uploaded highlights of all the matches to my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...10E088E538923E

Same as last year's season, you will be able to find more highlights there.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information