Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Ireland

Firstly I want to point out that I am disgusted that the IIHA vote last summer has made a difference between North and south but the unique policial situation here is just that, political! And any international agreements between governments does not automatically force exceptions into the IIHF by laws. But the Good Friday agreement has been around since 1998, why has the IIHA and IHUK not felt the need to protect the right of irish citizenship for player from the North in the IIHF by laws before now rather than just depending on gentlemen's agreenments or interpertations of the qualification laws.

The IIHA have the responsibility to check eligiablity of players before taking anyone's money and there should have been a clear set of guidlines posted up on their website, which I think is almost totally redundant these days. Refunds are the least they should expect.

It's perfectly feasibilty that siblings in the minors of current team Ireland squad are still ineligable if they have not met the dual national reguirements dicussed already. Had the by laws been enforced to the letter before there would have been a lot of players from the North not able to ice for team Ireland because as it stands passport is not enough and players like the Morrisons etc would have to have played 2 years IIHL before they could play for team Ireland.

I would like the IIHA to keep everyone informed as to the progress being made with the IIHF to get special recognition for the island of Ireland.

Hope

Maybe some hope yet?

Published on Wed Feb 02 14:12:26 GMT 2011

THE Dundalk Democrat can reveal that the owners of the Dundalk Ice Dome are in negotiations with two potential leasees to take over operations and they are ‘confident’ that the popular ice rink will reopen.

However, the company which had the original lease on the rink, BKG Ice Rinks and Leisure Ltd, have been appointed a liquidator this week.
    The Ice Dome, which is owned by Finnabair Estates who developed the retail park in which it is situated, has been closed since May of last year.
    The initial closure was put down to maintainence and was meant to last a matter of weeks.
    However, eight months on and the rink remains closed to the public.
    Speaking with the Dundalk Democrat, Neil Armstrong of Finnabair Estates, told the paper that “We are in talks with two operators. We are at an advanced stage and are confident that the Ice Dome will reopen.”
    Mr Armstrong could not confirm if one of the operators was UK outfit, Planet Ice, whom they had been in negotiations with last summer.
    At the time Planet Ice, who run 14 rinks in the UK, told the this paper that they were eager to go ahead with the deal but that it was Finnabair Estates who were to blame for failure to do a deal.
    Speaking with the Dundalk Democrat this week a representative of Finnabair Estates said they wanted to have someone take over the lease as it “benefited no one sitting idle’”
    The Democrat understands that there is a huge demand for the reopening of the rink and that Finnabair Estates have been inundated with enquiries as to the situation with the rink.
    The rink was home to the Irish National Ice Hockey squad and local team the Dundalk Bulls, who have been unable to train at the closed venue.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by icehockeycyprus View Post
    Maybe some hope yet?

Published on Wed Feb 02 14:12:26 GMT 2011

THE Dundalk Democrat can reveal that the owners of the Dundalk Ice Dome are in negotiations with two potential leasees to take over operations and they are ‘confident’ that the popular ice rink will reopen.

However, the company which had the original lease on the rink, BKG Ice Rinks and Leisure Ltd, have been appointed a liquidator this week.
    The Ice Dome, which is owned by Finnabair Estates who developed the retail park in which it is situated, has been closed since May of last year.
    The initial closure was put down to maintainence and was meant to last a matter of weeks.
    However, eight months on and the rink remains closed to the public.
    Speaking with the Dundalk Democrat, Neil Armstrong of Finnabair Estates, told the paper that “We are in talks with two operators. We are at an advanced stage and are confident that the Ice Dome will reopen.”
    Mr Armstrong could not confirm if one of the operators was UK outfit, Planet Ice, whom they had been in negotiations with last summer.
    At the time Planet Ice, who run 14 rinks in the UK, told the this paper that they were eager to go ahead with the deal but that it was Finnabair Estates who were to blame for failure to do a deal.
    Speaking with the Dundalk Democrat this week a representative of Finnabair Estates said they wanted to have someone take over the lease as it “benefited no one sitting idle’”
    The Democrat understands that there is a huge demand for the reopening of the rink and that Finnabair Estates have been inundated with enquiries as to the situation with the rink.
    The rink was home to the Irish National Ice Hockey squad and local team the Dundalk Bulls, who have been unable to train at the closed venue.
    Not sure Hockeycyprus,,, this is old news in a way. This article was repeated a few times over many months slightly different each time. Not sure if you followed it from the start back last May but there just saying the same thing over and over and yet the IIHA also stated it was opening and this was a HUGE announcement by the President at the EGM via a text. If you have read pervious posts you will see what we discussed on that and it has not changed one bit. Well to let you all in on something, I called an old friend on this and could not believe to hear that the people who ran the place into the ground some of them were looking for a Job there under the new owners. Now put your business head on and just think how that would look to see the same person(s) who caused its downfall now working for the company that take on this building that these people let it go under in the first place. Funny Uh !!
    You Pay Peanuts you get Monkey's

IHF Prospect
    As a new member to this forum, but around Irish ice hockey for a long time, I was told to check this forum out for myself. I have to say some of the comments people are posting here is complete nonsense to say the least.

I have read a number of them and just laugh. I must ask is there a secret spy within the IIHA that all you’s know all this information and know what calls representatives of the Association answer? Or maybe you know a hacker?

There is a mention on several occasions that the IIHA should come onto this forum and reply to people’s messages and concerts - In all my years involved in ice hockey I do not know of any national association who comes onto a internet forum and replies to queries. It just doesn't work like that. I'm sure if you have a valid question there is an email address you can contact them on. I must say that it was indeed very hard to gain contact with the former president of the iiha as he never seemed to be around the Dundalk rink when it was opened.

Also been on the Irish hockey scene a while this day with ICT issues was due to come. In fact, in my view, it's unfortunate for the current administration to be dealt with this issue. Luckily enough for the past executives they escaped this issue. These issues should have been solved a long time ago, not now! But maybe past executives didn't have the guts nor the courage to sort this problem out because there was no need as they were icing illegal players to the Irish National Team. Nobody has seemed to point that out on here.

Hockey Nut also mentions ‘This in order to pay for any of the legal bills that now might arise from their stupidity in causing all of this in the first place’.

I think this is very untrue but if it turns out to be true, maybe that collusive amount of money that was spent on phone bills by the former executive could be used.

I also think the iiha is made up of a whole executive, not just a one man show. I hope I’m correct in saying that because it had to be said that many post make it look like it’s just that.

And from reading a number of peoples comments, I see that you's all support Irish ice hockey - But I have not heard anyone talk about how good they taught any of the national teams fundraisers where? Maybe none of yous attended any of them! Although I could be wrong in saying that, just taught that yous could have shed some light in how the fundraisers where.

It must be said there is only a small number of people on this forum complaining about the performance of the current iiha executive. It ponders me to question if the iiha have the support of the majority of its members as a number of people on here where once in power.

Ice hockey in Ireland is far from ideal – We all know that.

More King Kong than Fay Wray

Quote Originally Posted by AaronC View Post
    The triumphant return of the King , hope you had a good holiday Mick and indulged in your passion for naturisim on the beach , on that note i trust you seen the lovely pics you were sent of El Presidente .
    Was hoping that with the change in goverment down south that there would be a possibility that we could oust the present executive and install a new one . One can only dream

On an off Topic what does everyone think will be the latest positive spin story that will be on the IIHA website answers on a postcard please .
    Aaron perhaps you were lucky that you never had to share the Presidential Dressingroom in the end !
    The pictures that are referred to in the post above are from the Facebook page of the IIHA President Willy Fay. Just how anyone in a senior position thinks it is wise to display himself, to the world at large, in such an unflattering manner leaves me scratching my head in wonderment.
    Once again his lack of judgement and professionalism is called into question and it shows a huge disregard for the reputation and dignity of the IIHA and a total failure to grasp just what is expected of any person in such a position.
    I have not reproduced the snaps here out of concern for those of a tender disposition, but when coupled with accusations about him which have never been denied or even contested, and his admissions from his own mouth in a radio interview, it would seem to me he is wasting his time with the IIHA, and is in fact far more suited to some position in North Africa, Egypt or Libya where his talents would be more readily identified and appreciated.

[QUOTE=KevinMc;193402]Firstly I want to point out that I am disgusted that the IIHA vote last summer has made a difference between North and south but the unique policial situation here is just that, political! And any international agreements between governments does not automatically force exceptions into the IIHF by laws. But the Good Friday agreement has been around since 1998, why has the IIHA and IHUK not felt the need to protect the right of irish citizenship for player from the North in the IIHF by laws before now rather than just depending on gentlemen's agreenments or interpertations of the qualification laws.

Kevin as recently as the last IIHA AGM in July or August 2010 and with the distinct possibility in mind of the exclusion of the players from Northern Ireland I proposed the following motion to the floor having first submitted it in writing as required. It was an attempt to defer agreement on the Mems. and Arts. which resulted in the loss of eligability of Northern players to represent the country of their choice.
    There were very few who took the trouble to attend despite the situation going from bad to worse and the motion was lost. I include that motion for you to see.

**Any motions or questions to be put forward must be emailed to office@iiha.org no later than 11:59 pm on Saturday, 17th July 2010. Other questions will be taken on the day after each report given.

Due to the fact that
    1/ The membership have not been notified individually in a timely fashion by email, as agreed at a previous meeting,or as in section 12 of the proposed M&A which stipulates that 21 days notice in writing must be provided prior to any General Meeting,
    2/ The Financial Report for the Association for the current year has not been provided to the membership either on the website or by individual email in advance of the meeting scheduled for 18/07/2010,
    3/ The full details of, and amendments to, the proposed Memorandum and Articles have not been disclosed,
    4/ The minutes of the previous 2 - 2009General meetings had not been made available to the membership either individually or on the website. In the case of "The EGM" this was not done until 48 hours before the 2010 AGM, and not at all in the case of the 2009 AGM.
    Only minutes from the AGMs of 2007 and 2008 have been made public for any length of time, and as attendance at the crucial EGM was limited to 46 members which is approx. one seventh of the membership it is impossible for the vast majority of members to inform themselves of developments over the last year,
    5/ No reports of any kind by the committee have been provided in advance of this meeting as had been the case previously.
    6/ iiha.org has been a complete failure if its role was to keep the membership up to speed, and abreast of the latest developments. All of this has contributed to the plummeting interest in our sport to a point where only recreational hockey can hope to survive.

I wish to propose a motion that
    It is unfair, unhelpful and contrary to any spirit of transparency remaining in the IIHA, to ask the members to vote on anything that they have not been thoroughly advised of in advance, or had sufficient time to digest, and that any proposal, that is objected to from the floor on these grounds, should have it's vote deferred to a later general meeting scheduled for no sooner than seven days hence. Any attempt to do otherwise or to limit the justifiable concern of members for the future of the Sport, the Rink or the Association, must be viewed as an attempt to muzzle the membership and to exclude them from democratic involvement in their Association.

This motion is proposed by Mick Higgins on July 17th 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCanuck View Post
    Have you contacted this group?

http://www.arts-sport-tourism.gov.ie...s_council.html
    Department of Tourism, Culture and Sport
    Irish Sports Council
    E-mail: info@irishsportscouncil.ie

Not trying to be an a**, just genuinely concerned about this issue. Hate to see Ireland lose its hockey.
    Yes I and others have brought our concerns to the Irish Sports Council, in fact they were so unhelpful their representative refused to accept a sealed letter from me which I tried to present by hand quietly during a tea break at the last AGM in July concerning the failings of previous General Meetings and when I emailed the person their reply dated July 27th. 2010 (which was too large to attach) said the following....
    " I see that you have misgivings about the operation of the meetings organised by the IIHA and I am afraid all I can do is suggest that you take your own advice in respect of those issues and take them up with the IIHA. I merely attend these meetings as a courtesy to the the IIHA and to help facilitate the IIHA in respect of any Sports Council related issues which may arise. Indeed you will recall that I answered direct questions on the possibility of IIHA application for membership at the meeting on the 18th.
    It is not my role nor the role of the Sports Council to involve ourselves in disputes between NGB's and their members. That is a matter for the individuals concerned. If you require information in respect of the operations of the IIHa and it's executive, I suggest that you take the matter up directly with them.

Yours sincerely,
    (Name withheld by M.H.)
    N.G.B. Unit Manager

The IIHA has been refused membership of the Sports Council repeatedly as that would entitle it to funding. I am aware of a previous occasion where the Sports Council did attempt to intervene on a far less serious issue than the current Executive's mismanagement making nonsence of the comments above. The upshot is that the Sport Council have proven themselves incapable of assisting in our current predicament and are reckoned to be a waste of space by many sporting bodies in Ireland including the OCI, and are not worth contacting.
    Btw the acronym NGB means National Governing Body and I am reminded that our less than knowledgeable President while believing he was explaining to us lesser mortals the intricacies of the transfer system in hockey, repeatedly referred to the much discussed IIHF International Transfer Card or ITC as an "International Travel Card".
    All I could say was BonVoyage Willy !!

IHF Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Yes I and others have brought our concerns to the Irish Sports Council, in fact they were so unhelpful their representative refused to accept a sealed letter from me which I tried to present by hand quietly during a tea break at the last AGM in July concerning the failings of previous General Meetings and when I emailed the person their reply dated July 27th. 2010 (which was too large to attach) said the following....
    " I see that you have misgivings about the operation of the meetings organised by the IIHA and I am afraid all I can do is suggest that you take your own advice in respect of those issues and take them up with the IIHA. I merely attend these meetings as a courtesy to the the IIHA and to help facilitate the IIHA in respect of any Sports Council related issues which may arise. Indeed you will recall that I answered direct questions on the possibility of IIHA application for membership at the meeting on the 18th.
    It is not my role nor the role of the Sports Council to involve ourselves in disputes between NGB's and their members. That is a matter for the individuals concerned. If you require information in respect of the operations of the IIHa and it's executive, I suggest that you take the matter up directly with them.

Yours sincerely,
    (Name withheld by M.H.)
    N.G.B. Unit Manager

The IIHA has been refused membership of the Sports Council repeatedly as that would entitle it to funding. I am aware of a previous occasion where the Sports Council did attempt to intervene on a far less serious issue than the current Executive's mismanagement making nonsence of the comments above. The upshot is that the Sport Council have proven themselves incapable of assisting in our current predicament and are reckoned to be a waste of space by many sporting bodies in Ireland including the OCI, and are not worth contacting.
    Btw the acronym NGB means National Governing Body and I am reminded that our less than knowledgeable President while believing he was explaining to us lesser mortals the intricacies of the transfer system in hockey, repeatedly referred to the much discussed IIHF International Transfer Card or ITC as an "International Travel Card".
    All I could say was BonVoyage Willy !!
    Maybe the Sports Councils sees better in the current executives work than previous ones - That could be an explanation for this? I really don't think comments like the above should be made about a Council that could help the future of the sport on ice hcoeky in Ireland, but then again alot of the comments that have been made on this forum have been somewhat nonsense, lies and inaccurate posts that should have never been made.

I don't think all that red font was really needed in reply to my post Mick, it's really hard to sit and read it all, bit testing on the eyes.

Anyway, the fact remains that Ireland would have been breaking the IIHF by laws had they not changed the M&As. Personnally I would have liked Team Ireland to to pull out of the IIHF and international competitions in protest until the issue is resolved. But on the other hand I realise that had they done that the chances are the IIHA, who ever is in charge, would never get the chance to influence the IIHF enough to forces amendments to the IIHF by laws to resolve the issues. Rock and a Hard place........?

Which brought me back the to name thing, while the North is not being represented by the IIHA and the northern players have to jump through qualiication laws to qualify it's an insult to call it Team Ireland because it's the norths players repesenting the south. But I guess thats a small issue in relation to the grand scheme of things.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldIce View Post
    Maybe the Sports Councils sees better in the current executives work than previous ones - That could be an explanation for this? I really don't think comments like the above should be made about a Council that could help the future of the sport on ice hcoeky in Ireland, but then again alot of the comments that have been made on this forum have been somewhat nonsense, lies and inaccurate posts that should have never been made.
    Well first, welcome Oldice to the forum.

Why is the IIHA not a member of the ISC ? Has the ISC given any support to the National Teams be it in the past or current ? I can answer this for you now. I have worked close with other sports over the years and like most team sports here they get very little support. I can also say that I know the IIHA asked for support and got told no only recently. So if you are around a long time in Hockey you would know that the ISC is very tight-handed with funding let alone anything where they have to give their time to make any difference with your sport. Looking at all of this I would not get up any hope of saying that the ISC will do anything. I have now a different view on the set-up as having worked with other federations and history of the ISC, its hard to believe that you can see different. You must then also be familiar with the recent High Court Case against the ISC then so you can be sure you will not see a penny to a majority of sports now.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinMc View Post
    I don't think all that red font was really needed in reply to my post Mick, it's really hard to sit and read it all, bit testing on the eyes.

Anyway, the fact remains that Ireland would have been breaking the IIHF by laws had they not changed the M&As. Personnally I would have liked Team Ireland to to pull out of the IIHF and international competitions in protest until the issue is resolved. But on the other hand I realise that had they done that the chances are the IIHA, who ever is in charge, would never get the chance to influence the IIHF enough to forces amendments to the IIHF by laws to resolve the issues. Rock and a Hard place........?

Which brought me back the to name thing, while the North is not being represented by the IIHA and the northern players have to jump through qualiication laws to qualify it's an insult to call it Team Ireland because it's the norths players repesenting the south. But I guess thats a small issue in relation to the grand scheme of things.
    Hi Kevin, I think its hard for both sides. If your living in the North and wish to be British likewise Irish. No one should have the ability to say what your nationality is before you decide for yourself. IIHA/IHUK or IIHF for that matter !! Not sure if Mick discussed with you the letter from Foreign Affairs but its very clear on your rights and that of all (ice hockey players). They also confirmed that the IIHA got a copy of this letter to the current IIHA. Its funny when Mick looked further into this knowing already the information and used it with the IIHF that this wound was closed and the current guys now in position decided to open it. This information in itself had nothing to do with the IIHA's M&A at that point but when the IIHA decided to change this it does not help matters when your fighting for your rights and then the IIHA signs off on them without telling you or having a bigger debate on the whole thing.

Its sad to know that the majority of people who voted were not Irish on this and I feel that the IIHA had no right to ask current ITC holders to vote on such a subject when they had no long history and were only passing through this Island. If you look deeper into this you will see what I am talking about. I know Mick can confirm being he attended this farce..

As I said before as to the current IIHA ex... the blind leading the blind

I don't think anyone is tryin to say what nationality players are. the North is under IHUK as stated by the IIHF by laws which limits associations to soverign states. And there is a qualification prcoess in place for Irish passport holders in the north to represent the republic of ireland. I think we all agree that the north warrents special circumstance rather than just depending on dual national laws entitled by things like the "granny rule" in sports. The question is the best way to get it.

Foreign nationals who are currently registered with the IIHA had every right to vote on this as had the decision went the other way the IIHA and the IIHL would have been in contravention of the international ice hockey community governed by the IIHF. So they would have been affected, unfortunately the probably feel no sense of loyality to the cause of Irish unity in this matter, they just want to play hockey.

The change to the M&A was not the only weapon the IIHA have, the recent ruling on soccer in the court does throw weight behind Ireland's cause. It just remains to be seen if no resolution to the matter can be found will the IIHA challenge the IIHF in the courts. Although in sure everyone hopes it will not come to this, last thing anyone wants is a costly legal battle that will not help our international relations.
    Last edited by KevinMc; 03-03-2011 at 13:42.

IHF Member
    I don't think anyone is tryin to say what nationality players are. the North is under IHUK as stated by the IIHF by laws which limits associations to soverign states. And there is a qualification prcoess in place for Irish passport holders in the north to represent the republic of ireland. I think we all agree that the north warrents special circumstance rather than just depending on dual national laws entitled by things like the "granny rule" in sports. The question is the best way to get it.

Foreign nationals who are currently registered with the IIHA had every right to vote on this as had the decision went the other way the IIHA and the IIHL would have been in contravention of the international ice hockey community governed by the IIHF. So they would have been affected, unfortunately the probably feel no sense of loyality to the cause of Irish unity in this matter, they just want to play hockey.

The change to the M&A was not the only weapon the IIHA have, the recent ruling on soccer in the court does throw weight behind Ireland's cause. It just remains to be seen if no resolution to the matter can be found will the IIHA challenge the IIHF in the courts. Although in sure everyone hopes it will not come to this, last thing anyone wants is a costly legal battle that will not help our international relations.
    As far as the term weapon for the IIHA it looks like the former IIHA did use it. I also read the case-file on this and its simple to see that the old IIHA did exactly what these guys did in this soccer case and put it up to the IIHF and without the need to go to CAS. Some good logic thinking on their behalf. In the situation of the IIHF it looks like the guys fought with good ammo and the IIHF thought the same thing back then that it would be silly to go to court on something like this. So in both cases good overall thinking by the IIHF and the IIHA----- "You poke a fire you could get burned"

IHF Member
    The best way to get the NI player situaiton sorted is for the IIHA to take the very black and white stance that NI players wishing to get their passport to play for Team Ireland are Irish Hockey players AND back that stance up unconditionally. From the evidence presented up to the end of the summer, as the IIHA has decided not to provide any public update on the situation, the approach has been one of various meetings with other orgnaisations in an attempt to weasel a way around getting agreeements for NI players to participate. I cannot understand how the IIHA feel it is appropriate to send 3 teams to world championships this season, knowing the NI pool of players they have heavily depended on years cannot be properly represented. And where it gets even more bizzare, is that the issue seems self infliceted. Why have the IIHA decided to for go following rules like having a rink or a domestic league, and yet insist on following the ITC rules for NI players? It's crazy to think the current executive is so self focued that the result of commitment by players and parents over decades is going to be the sending of 3 teams that does not demographically or ideologically represent the state and history of Irish hockey. Considering there is no rink and no league, the NI ITC issue was the only truly 'must be done' item the IIHA had to deal with over the last year, and it is a travesty we are weeks away from seeing the IIHA supporting the segregation of OUR PLAYERS.

As a new member to this forum, but around Irish ice hockey for a long time, I was told to check this forum out for myself. I have to say some of the comments people are posting here is complete nonsense to say the least.

I have read a number of them and just laugh. I must ask is there a secret spy within the IIHA that all you’s know all this information and know what calls representatives of the Association answer? Or maybe you know a hacker?

There is a mention on several occasions that the IIHA should come onto this forum and reply to people’s messages and concerts - In all my years involved in ice hockey I do not know of any national association who comes onto a internet forum and replies to queries. It just doesn't work like that. I'm sure if you have a valid question there is an email address you can contact them on. I must say that it was indeed very hard to gain contact with the former president of the iiha as he never seemed to be around the Dundalk rink when it was opened.

Also been on the Irish hockey scene a while this day with ICT issues was due to come. In fact, in my view, it's unfortunate for the current administration to be dealt with this issue. Luckily enough for the past executives they escaped this issue. These issues should have been solved a long time ago, not now! But maybe past executives didn't have the guts nor the courage to sort this problem out because there was no need as they were icing illegal players to the Irish National Team. Nobody has seemed to point that out on here.

Hockey Nut also mentions ‘This in order to pay for any of the legal bills that now might arise from their stupidity in causing all of this in the first place’.

I think this is very untrue but if it turns out to be true, maybe that collusive amount of money that was spent on phone bills by the former executive could be used.

I also think the iiha is made up of a whole executive, not just a one man show. I hope I’m correct in saying that because it had to be said that many post make it look like it’s just that.

And from reading a number of peoples comments, I see that you's all support Irish ice hockey - But I have not heard anyone talk about how good they taught any of the national teams fundraisers where? Maybe none of yous attended any of them! Although I could be wrong in saying that, just taught that yous could have shed some light in how the fundraisers where.

It must be said there is only a small number of people on this forum complaining about the performance of the current iiha executive. It ponders me to question if the iiha have the support of the majority of its members as a number of people on here where once in power.

Ice hockey in Ireland is far from ideal – We all know that.
    Welcome Oldspice, if as you say you were told to come on here and check out the Forum should we now consider you to be a spokes-person for the IIHA and if so in what capacity have you served or are you serving?

You seem dismayed that we are in possession of a lot of the facts concerning the shortcomings of the Execs, is it your belief that rank and file members should not have access to the workings of the Association that purports to represent them and which their contributions fund. Yes there was a secret spy within a previous exec. who reported back to others but he is President now and and he can also be described as a hacker along with two senior office holders still in the IIHA.
    The only National Association I am intimately involved with did as a rule come on to this very site and the local one Faceoff.ie to explain inform and debate, and my phone number was widely known and constantly used by members wishing to clarify some point or other, unlike the current President who has declined to take calls from a number of contributors to this site and parents whose problems are current at this time. Your comments about a former President are misleading in as much as he lived two counties away from the Dundalk rink unlike Willy who resides in Louth. Willy however had a long leave of absence from the sport untill about 2007 while the rest of us worked long and hard to ensure the sports survival when there was only a make shift rink in Dublin and after it was lost. Hockey did not just materialise from the ether after Dundalk you know.
    It is very difficult to make out the point you are making about the ITC issue and until I know your real identity and can evaluate your knowledge of the situation and background then I will refrain from respondinding to a person with a single post and a lot of bluster who according to your profile is based in another country and who may not be aware of the latest position. Suffice to say we ensured that those who were entitled to play played and will continue to do so while the current administration have Fayled to live up to our high standards technically or morally.
    Regarding phone bills, these were all signed off on by the then Vice President and now current President Willy Fay who, if I recall correctly, found it much harder to justify his phone usage at the time.I have heard some references before to wild rumours about phone bills by Mrs. Evelyn Kelly who attended AGM's without valid membership and all I can conclude is that she was overhearing chatter from those conspiritorial directors who were busy plotting at that time and reading private emails of IIHA officers. If you care to elaborate on what you are referring to I am sure all will be explained to you.
    The other executives who remain have been almost invisible for the last two years so unless they care to defend him or take the trouble to associate themselves with his actions I would think they are better off distancing themselves for the forseeable future.
    In closing, no, not many have been to these fundraisers you speak off as they are held in a location that is a 120 mile round trip from Dublin, are in support of teams that are never announced and therefore are difficult to have a relationship with, and are run by people who would be very unwelcoming if we were to attend. If you attended the meeting in Belfast or were here in Ireland you would better know the mood of players and supporters here.
    Sorry that this reply is so long but I wanted to deal with each of the points you raised in the detail they demanded and I hope you understand.
    Mick
    Last edited by Mick; 04-03-2011 at 02:05.

IHF Prospect
    Welcome Oldspice, if as you say you were told to come on here and check out the Forum should we now consider you to be a spokes-person for the IIHA and if so in what capacity have you served or are you serving?

You seem dismayed that we are in possession of a lot of the facts concerning the shortcomings of the Execs, is it your belief that rank and file members should not have access to the workings of the Association that purports to represent them and which their contributions fund. Yes there was a secret spy within a previous exec. who reported back to others but he is President now and and he can also be described as a hacker along with two senior office holders still in the IIHA.
    The only National Association I am intimately involved with did as a rule come on to this very site and the local one Faceoff.ie to explain inform and debate, and my phone number was widely known and constantly used by members wishing to clarify some point or other, unlike the current President who has declined to take calls from a number of contributors to this site and parents whose problems are current at this time. Your comments about a former President are misleading in as much as he lived two counties away from the Dundalk rink unlike Willy who resides in Louth. Willy however had a long leave of absence from the sport untill about 2007 while the rest of us worked long and hard to ensure the sports survival when there was only a make shift rink in Dublin and after it was lost. Hockey did not just materialise from the ether after Dundalk you know.
    It is very difficult to make out the point you are making about the ITC issue and until I know your real identity and can evaluate your knowledge of the situation and background then I will refrain from respondinding to a person with a single post and a lot of bluster who according to your profile is based in another country and who may not be aware of the latest position. Suffice to say we ensured that those who were entitled to play played and will continue to do so while the current administration have Fayled to live up to our high standards technically or morally.
    aboutRegarding phone bills, these were all signed off on by the then Vice President and now current President Willy Fay who, if I recall correctly, found it much harder to justify his phone usage at the time.I have heard some references before to wild rumours about phone bills by Mrs. Evelyn Kelly who attended AGM's without valid membership and all I can conclude is that she was overhearing chatter from those conspiritorial directors who were busy plotting at that time and reading private emails of IIHA officers. If you care to elaborate on what you are referring to I am sure all will be explained to you.
    The other executives who remain have been almost invisible for the last two years so unless they care to defend him or take the trouble to associate themselves with his actions I would think they are better off distancing themselves for the forseeable future.
    In closing, no, not many have been to these fundraisers you speak off as they are held in a location that is a 120 mile round trip from Dublin, are in support of teams that are never announced and therefore are difficult to have a relationship with, and are run by people who would be very unwelcoming if we were to attend. If you attended the meeting in Belfast or were here in Ireland you would better know the mood of players and supporters here.
    Sorry that this reply is so long but I wanted to deal with each of the points you raised in the detail they demanded and I hope you understand.
    Mick

That's a long reply all right. An unfortunately I don't have the time to reply with the same volume because of family and work commitments. But just on your first point I'm far way from a spokesperson for the IIHA (and nor would I like to see the IIHA appoint a spokesperson to reply to comments on an open forum on the Internet) and I wasn't told told by any IIHA official to come on this, in fact it was a friend who told me to check the forum out if I got time. Of course members should but I'm sure there is an email they can contact. It seems that very few of the members want to hear about the problems that former executive members had with other executive members, because I presume the current executive were elected by the Associations members and they must have the majority of support. Well I believe, as an oldie, the members weren't informed that such debates where taking place on this forum and I still stand strong on this issue that no executive should debate issues on an international forum, no other Association conducts business like this. Hockey has been around a long time before Dundalk, I'm well aware of that. You make me aware of the situation the current president had in justifying his issues, but no comment to the former president who didn't attempt to justify his bills. Frankly I don't have the time to spend on forums like this due obvious reasons stated above and I probably won't reply in the future, but I just had to see the nonsense that has been talked about and the false information that has been posted. I just thank that very few people comment in this trend.

Ladies and Gentlemen,
    On behalf of you all, may I take this opportunity to congratulate Aaron C. and Mrs. C. on the birth of a beautiful baby daughter and may I wish her and her parents a happy and peaceful life together.

You are being misled Kevin...

Apologies for the Red Font Kev but I just wanted to deliniate between the quote from you, my text and the Sports Council letter. So there would be no confusion I used different colours and fonts.

You are completely mistaken in thinking that we have been or ever would be in breach of IIHF bylaws had we continued as we were - that is obfuscation and diversion generated by the current executive, it was not demanded by the IIHF as they would have you believe. It was the hangup of one particular individual alone at the IIHF and I am loathe to see the entire organisation besmirched because of his closed mind set. No player approved at that time has ever had their eligability questioned since then, does that not seem at odds with what you are being told ?

The M&A was designed most notably to protect executives from litigation, but was then seized upon by this certain party in the IIHF who has always had a problem with a unified Team Ireland who demanded the change, and the members of this executive committee were too weak or shortsighted to defend our Northern players. And just so you are aware, the IIHA had previously fought and won this battle, most notably at the Congress in Toronto Canada, when I helped prepare the case with the help of the Olympic Council of Ireland , the Department of Foreign Affairs, friends of Ireland at the highest level of the IIHF, and a sister NGB who wish to remain in the background, that was put to the IIHF and which resulted in a total victory for us and the decision to maintain the status quo which provided for the Northern players to continue to wear the Green Shirt. We made the hard place you mention quite tolerable Kevin, and the rock was only threatening if you allowed it to be !

Please take the time to justify your claims of lies, inaccuracies, and nonsence or don't bother posting, with so few posts here I know I would be happier to believe those who use their own name, have a proven track record and don't just cut and run, citing other more pressing interests, when challenged.

By the way, you could be right about the Sports Council having favourites, but then again, if they don't recognise the IIHA, don't involve themselves in it's affairs, don't contribute to it, and only attend meetings as a courtesy, is it really their place to make judgement calls on the relevant worth of it's officers?

That's a long reply all right. An unfortunately I don't have the time to reply with the same volume because of family and work commitments. But just on your first point I'm far way from a spokesperson for the IIHA (and nor would I like to see the IIHA appoint a spokesperson to reply to comments on an open forum on the Internet) and I wasn't told told by any IIHA official to come on this, in fact it was a friend who told me to check the forum out if I got time. Of course members should but I'm sure there is an email they can contact. It seems that very few of the members want to hear about the problems that former executive members had with other executive members, because I presume the current executive were elected by the Associations members and they must have the majority of support. Well I believe, as an oldie, the members weren't informed that such debates where taking place on this forum and I still stand strong on this issue that no executive should debate issues on an international forum, no other Association conducts business like this. Hockey has been around a long time before Dundalk, I'm well aware of that. You make me aware of the situation the current president had in justifying his issues, but no comment to the former president who didn't attempt to justify his bills. Frankly I don't have the time to spend on forums like this due obvious reasons stated above and I probably won't reply in the future, but I just had to see the nonsense that has been talked about and the false information that has been posted. I just thank that very few people comment in this trend.
    If the organ of the Association, www.iiha.org, refuses to publish anything that is not filtered through rose tinted specs, will not tolerate discussion on it's site, and while the only places where members were free to openly discuss issues were mysteriously bought up or disappeared (faceoff and www.iihl.com ) leaving only this site in independant hands, and the Presidunce refuses to answer phonecalls from disgruntled parents where else is left to us to discuss hockey in Ireland.

You make it sound like it is a bad thing to have been a volunteer who gave up his spare time to serve the sport here but I am proud to have served the membership, it does however leave me with no illusions as to how badly the membership are being served now.
    The amount of time I devote now to replying and posting on this forum is but a fraction of the time I willingly gave to the IIHA in my time as League Chairman, Senior Team Manager, and General Secretary.
    Whoever you are, if you were a member during those times, you cannot deny what we as a team provided you, and others with, a rink, leagues, an equality of selection for all players North and South, and international respect and recognition for what had been achieved in so little time. I am happy to match up the accomplishments of that committee with those of the shadows, nearly men and sheer embarrassments that make up the current leadership.
    Never mind the nonsence you claim to see here, observe instead the nonsence that is being heaped on the membership of the IIHA, and if you must leave, please do so in the knowledge that you are the misguided one if you believe it is a better place now than when this executive and directors cheated and hacked their way to power.

Ireland Totally agree with...

Quote Originally Posted by RDP View Post
    The best way to get the NI player situaiton sorted is for the IIHA to take the very black and white stance that NI players wishing to get their passport to play for Team Ireland are Irish Hockey players AND back that stance up unconditionally. From the evidence presented up to the end of the summer, as the IIHA has decided not to provide any public update on the situation, the approach has been one of various meetings with other orgnaisations in an attempt to weasel a way around getting agreeements for NI players to participate. I cannot understand how the IIHA feel it is appropriate to send 3 teams to world championships this season, knowing the NI pool of players they have heavily depended on years cannot be properly represented. And where it gets even more bizzare, is that the issue seems self infliceted. Why have the IIHA decided to for go following rules like having a rink or a domestic league, and yet insist on following the ITC rules for NI players? It's crazy to think the current executive is so self focued that the result of commitment by players and parents over decades is going to be the sending of 3 teams that does not demographically or ideologically represent the state and history of Irish hockey. Considering there is no rink and no league, the NI ITC issue was the only truly 'must be done' item the IIHA had to deal with over the last year, and it is a travesty we are weeks away from seeing the IIHA supporting the segregation of OUR PLAYERS.
    What he said

The CAS verdict was flagged in advance to the IIHA

Kevin at the last AGM I pleaded with the execs. to defer a decision on the involvement of Northern Players untill the outcome of the CAS decision was known. Because of contacts with the FAI, I was confident of the outcome of the case, and that it would provide a precedent which the IIHF could not reasonably challenge, and I still feel the same way today.
    Instead Willy seemed to take rare delight in refusing my suggestion.

I honestly believe there will be no will to take on this issue unless and until there is a regime change. The outcome is in the hands of the membership out there, things will stay as they are now unless people get involved and do something about it.
    Last edited by Mick; 03-03-2011 at 21:00. Reason: Spelling mistake

IHF Member
    Ladies and Gentlemen,
    On behalf of you all, may I take this opportunity to congratulate Aaron C. and Mrs. C. on the birth of a beautiful baby daughter and may I wish her and her parents a happy and peaceful life together.

Thanks Mick , my babys not even 24hrs old and i have 3 other boys to look after a full time job with 20 staff under me between two offices , and my own business, but i still feel impeled to stand up against the current IIHA dictatorship unlike oldice or perhaps its just another incarnation of PAN , who will just cut and run .
    Oldice perhaps if you wish to have some credibility and show that you are not an executive member have some balls and use your real name .
    I think that the IIHA realy are getting there cage rattled to come on and voice themselves under oldice as an alias .

BTW see the new item on the IIHA site about International Women’s Coaching Symposium didnt i tell you there would be a new stupid article ....... that cause i got a mole on the inside feeding me info , and also got this guy in Canada with the initals KK hacking there emails for me , brilliant ehh.

IHF Member

What is important to the IIHA?

Just tried to see if the IIHF website had the U18 or Womans team rosters up, considering the tournaments are less than a fortnight away and the IIHA doesn't regard national team information as important as coaching symposiums, but to no avail. However I did find the following. As backup to my previous point regarding the real intentions of the IIHA executive, I am posting the Irish ice hockey stats listed on the Ireland page.

Total Players

Male Players

Female Players

Junior Players

Total Referees

Indoor Rinks

Outdoor Rinks

President
    William Fay

Nation Population

Men's World Ranking
    41st

Women's World Ranking
    n/a

The IIHA feel it is necessary to update the president, but have no intention of updating the fact that there are no rinks. I am also surprised there are 167 junior members without a junior program, 48 referees my hole, and 428 members despite no leagues.

Willy plager ? Will he what ?

Just tried to see if the IIHF website had the U18 or Womans team rosters up, considering the tournaments are less than a fortnight away and the IIHA doesn't regard national team information as important as coaching symposiums, but to no avail. However I did find the following. As backup to my previous point regarding the real intentions of the IIHA executive, I am posting the Irish ice hockey stats listed on the Ireland page.

Total Players

Male Players

Female Players

Junior Players

Total Referees

Indoor Rinks

Outdoor Rinks

President
    William Fay

Nation Population

Men's World Ranking
    41st

Women's World Ranking
    n/a

The IIHA feel it is necessary to update the president, but have no intention of updating the fact that there are no rinks. I am also surprised there are 167 junior members without a junior program, 48 referees my hole, and 428 members despite no leagues.
    More strength to your hole RDP - - you came up with some good ones there. Back in my day we were audited by the IIHA which all of us worked on for weeks, solid, without rest, except for Willy who arrived back in the country after a Jolly with some UK referees, just as the IIHF Auditor was moving on to his next posting. Anyway I would swear on a stack of Bibles that those figures are the ones we produced at that time and that they relate to the good old days when hockey had a real governing body. So it seems Willy just stole our hard work, copied our stats. and added his name. I think it's called plagerism !

Apologies for the Red Font Kev but I just wanted to deliniate between the quote from you, my text and the Sports Council letter. So there would be no confusion I used different colours and fonts.

You are completely mistaken in thinking that we have been or ever would be in breach of IIHF bylaws had we continued as we were - that is obfuscation and diversion generated by the current executive, it was not demanded by the IIHF as they would have you believe. It was the hangup of one particular individual alone at the IIHF and I am loathe to see the entire organisation besmirched because of his closed mind set. No player approved at that time has ever had their eligability questioned since then, does that not seem at odds with what you are being told ?

The M&A was designed most notably to protect executives from litigation, but was then seized upon by this certain party in the IIHF who has always had a problem with a unified Team Ireland who demanded the change, and the members of this executive committee were too weak or shortsighted to defend our Northern players. And just so you are aware, the IIHA had previously fought and won this battle, most notably at the Congress in Toronto Canada, when I helped prepare the case with the help of the Olympic Council of Ireland , the Department of Foreign Affairs, friends of Ireland at the highest level of the IIHF, and a sister NGB who wish to remain in the background, that was put to the IIHF and which resulted in a total victory for us and the decision to maintain the status quo which provided for the Northern players to continue to wear the Green Shirt. We made the hard place you mention quite tolerable Kevin, and the rock was only threatening if you allowed it to be !
    We've all seen the bylaws that stated the to be a member of the IIHF the association must be the governing body of Ice hockey in a soverign state, and as much as it pains me to say it there is no soverign state Ireland (at the minute, despite what the Free state governement or southern department of foreign affairs have may said) as far as the IIHF understand 'Ireland' is the Republic of Ireland. While in our eyes we were 32 counties playing together there was obviously alot of people out there that simply accepted northern players as repesenting the south just as northern soccer players represent the republic of Ireland. It's worth remembering all soccer situation is the same but different as the FAI does not represent the north but just offers a call up to northern players with Irish passports. We want be 1 team with everyone equally Irish.

You have said that there 1 person at the IIHF that was opposed the 'blind eye' or status quo with the Ireland issue, thats all it takes to start trouble as the bylaw is there in black and white.It would have been useful to have some sort of ammendment to the IIHF by laws at the congress in canada then to have the north safe guarded. No one knows whos gonna lead the IIHA or IHUK in the future and it's not advisable to leave things like this to good relations and working relationships with the people involved at the time. What if 10, 20, or 30 years down the line the people running IHUK don't want to support the IIHA in the north. We need to protect the north in the IIHF by laws, it's the only way.

1 more point in the naming of Ireland. If Team Ireland represented 32 counties before the M&As was changed how come we used the flag and anthem of the 26 counties? Don't get me wrong, i'm from the north and the tricolour is my flag and the Soldier's song my anthem but it's easy to see how the international community could get confused as we had all the trappings of the republic of Ireland. Similarly there are unionist players who should be welcomed to represent Ireland without symbols they would normally be opposed to. I would never play for a team with GstQ as the anthem or any flags that represent britain in Ireland so fair play to them. Perhaps a 4 province crest flag and Ireland's call for an anthem would have been better (until there is a united Ireland ).

Ireland Update on my post

Quote Originally Posted by President@FlyersIHC View Post
    Hi Mick,

My sincere apologies for not getting back to you in the last while. I have been balancing 2 third level courses at the same time and just had exams for one. Neverless, I should have had an answer by now. I will attempt to address it this week. I trust this is ok? By the way it was good to chat with you about the current situation and I hope we can continue to communicate. I am as concerned as you particularly about a facility not being available and the continuing departure of many hockey players to other sports.

Regards
    Will
    Hello All,
    As I promised a while back please find below a summary of the information provided to the IIHA prior to the meeting in Belfast last August. The content of the email was read out to the attendees by Willy Fay at the meeting. I trust that readers will accept the content as I summarise the doc. Needless to say there are comments made below which show clearly that there are/were NO deals or special arrangements regarding players from NI playing for Team Ireland. I have never seen a single document stating that Ireland had a special case in relation to NI players. If there is such a document I urge the holder to make it public and that would prove the IIHF to be economical with the truth. If there is no proof then it is very simple - Ireland has no deal,arrangement or whatever might be construed as an Irish only option.

This information was provided with the permission of the IIHA President Willy Fay.

Yours in hockey,
    Will

Summary
    The IIHF fully support that the IIHA will be responsible for the development of the sport throughout the Island of Ireland other than the Belfast Giants of the Elite League which IHUK will be responsible for. All players participating in the sport throughout the Island of Ireland will be registered and insured with the IIHA.

Once the Dundalk Ice Dome opened, the IIHA have been required by the IIHF to obtain ITCs where applicable for all players participating in the sport in Ireland including those players from Northern Ireland. This obligation still has to be fulfilled.

IHUK agreed that it would waive any fees associated with their processing of ITC’s to the IIHA.

In response to a number of questions which were raised by the IIHA the IIHF replied to the questions as discussed. The IIHF answers are in UPPERCASE:
    • Are there currently or have there ever been any deals / agreements in place regarding players from Northern Ireland to play in the leagues governed by the IIHA without needing an ITC? NO. WE HAVE APPLIED THE IIHF STATUTES, BYLAWS AND REGULATIONS IN FORCE AT THAT TIME.
    • Are there currently or have there ever been any deals / agreements in place regarding players from Northern Ireland playing for Team Ireland without meeting the eligibility criteria of the IIHF (i.e. those players from Northern Ireland holding dual citizenship)? NO
    • Has any change within the administration and governance of the IIHA this past season affected the need for any players requiring an ITC or LOA to play within the leagues governed by the IIHA? NO
    • Has any change within the administration and governance of the IIHA this past season affected the need for players from Northern Ireland requiring and ITC or LOA to play within the leagues governed by the IIHA? NO
    • Has the IIHA been required to fully comply with all IIHF Statutes, Bylaws and Regulations in relation to player eligibility for national teams and International Transfers since the 2007 / 2008 season after the opening of the Dundalk Ice Dome? YES

Two rinks: Dundonald, and the Odyssey!

It just won't work that way Will

Hello All,
    As I promised a while back please find below a summary of the information provided to the IIHA prior to the meeting in Belfast last August. The content of the email was read out to the attendees by Willy Fay at the meeting. I trust that readers will accept the content as I summarise the doc. Needless to say there are comments made below which show clearly that there are/were NO deals or special arrangements regarding players from NI playing for Team Ireland. I have never seen a single document stating that Ireland had a special case in relation to NI players. If there is such a document I urge the holder to make it public and that would prove the IIHF to be economical with the truth. If there is no proof then it is very simple - Ireland has no deal,arrangement or whatever might be construed as an Irish only option.

This information was provided with the permission of the IIHA President Willy Fay.

Yours in hockey,
    Will

Summary
    The IIHF fully support that the IIHA will be responsible for the development of the sport throughout the Island of Ireland other than the Belfast Giants of the Elite League which IHUK will be responsible for. All players participating in the sport throughout the Island of Ireland will be registered and insured with the IIHA. If the same rules are to be applied to all equally how is it possible to argue that Pat and Seamus are to pay x while William and Aaron must pay x+y if they participate side by side if ever leagues can be restored. No court, country or Association could ever stand over that in this day and age.

Once the Dundalk Ice Dome opened, the IIHA have been required by the IIHF to obtain ITCs where applicable for all players participating in the sport in Ireland including those players from Northern Ireland. This obligation still has to be fulfilled. This is the crucial section that i need to see in all its detail, what we are provided with here is the IIHA's interpretation while the exact wording used by the IIHF has never been disclosed

IHUK agreed that it would waive any fees associated with their processing of ITC’s to the IIHA.

In response to a number of questions which were raised by the IIHA the IIHF replied to the questions as discussed. The IIHF answers are in UPPERCASE:
    • Are there currently or have there ever been any deals / agreements in place regarding players from Northern Ireland to play in the leagues governed by the IIHA without needing an ITC? NO. WE HAVE APPLIED THE IIHF STATUTES, BYLAWS AND REGULATIONS IN FORCE AT THAT TIME. This is correct as the Northern players have the same entitlement as Southerners to represent Ireland as a right without recourse to special deals.
    • Are there currently or have there ever been any deals / agreements in place regarding players from Northern Ireland playing for Team Ireland without meeting the eligibility criteria of the IIHF (i.e. those players from Northern Ireland holding dual citizenship)? NO
      This is also correct as the Northern players have the same entitlement as Southerners to represent Ireland as a right without recourse to special deals.
    • Has any change within the administration and governance of the IIHA this past season affected the need for any players requiring an ITC or LOA to play within the leagues governed by the IIHA? NO
      There was a pre-existing requirement for players not born on the island of Ireland to obtain an ITC so this is not an alteration to the status quo.
    • Has any change within the administration and governance of the IIHA this past season affected the need for players from Northern Ireland requiring and ITC or LOA to play within the leagues governed by the IIHA? NO Then why did this administration take it upon themselves to sign away those rights witout consultation with those Northern players who would be affected
    • Has the IIHA been required to fully comply with all IIHF Statutes, Bylaws and Regulations in relation to player eligibility for national teams and International Transfers since the 2007 / 2008 season after the opening of the Dundalk Ice Dome? YES And this in no way can be deemed to claim that the IIHA has ever been in contravention of these statutes
    [

Sorry Will but a summary by Willy Fay is no use to me if I am to assist in any attempt to rebuff this injustice to players from the North and it is not what I asked for at all. This document is so flawed that a coach and four horses could be driven through it all day long. I need full access to all the relative corrispondance on the subject between the IIHF and IIHA. What you are offering would be akin to asking a huge orchestra to reproduce a complicated score by having a stage hand to hum them the tune. One needs to seek out it's hidden depths and underlying reasoning to evaluate a document such as that written by my good friend Dave Fitzpatrick, and Willy is neither smart enough, unbiased enough, or forthright enough to provide that with his synopsys.

As you can see from the replies I have posted just today alone I am meticulous and painstaking in what I write and that can't be based on the observations of a buffoon who is at best well meaning but accident prone and at worst a disaster area. We are attempting to outmanouver some of the most articulate, informed, and smart people in sport Will, and we can't do it using maps sketched on postage stamps by a person still getting to grips with the technicalities of colouring in.

Can they be serious about sorting this problem out if the very first and indeed second question the IIHA ask of the IIHF is

Are there currently or have there ever been any deals / agreements in place regarding players from Northern Ireland to play in the leagues governed by the IIHA without needing an ITC? (IIHA)

NO. WE HAVE APPLIED THE IIHF STATUTES, BYLAWS AND REGULATIONS IN FORCE AT THAT TIME. (IIHF)

This is tantamout to asking the IIHF if the IIHA and the IIHF have been colluding to break the IIHF's own rules, and it screams to anyone with the eyes to see it
    1/ We are more interested in digging up dirt on a previous administration
    2/ We have serious doubts about the integrity of our own Association
    3/ We have no idea at all about the back story of this problem
    4/We are gormless enough to think you might incriminate yourselves if we ask such a devilishly tricky question
    5/We are gormless enough for you to walk all over us
    6/We are totally obsessed with the optics of this situation and it's effects on our players and members come in a distant second in our list of priorities.

If Willy genuinely wanted to sort this out he would not be giving you the runaround like this Will so let's just say we did what we could to save the day but the Fay didn't want to be saved.
    Last edited by Mick; 04-03-2011 at 04:01. Reason: Enlarging to make it easier to read

Ireland

Sorry Will but a summary by Willy Fay is no use to me if I am to assist in any attempt to rebuff this injustice to players from the North and it is not what I asked for at all. I need full access to all the relative corrispondance on the subject between the IIHF and IIHA. What you are offering would be akin to asking a huge orchestra to reproduce a complicated score by having a stage hand to hum them the tune. One needs to seek out it's hidden depths and underlying reasoning to evaluate a document such as that written by my good friend Dave Fitzpatrick and Willy is neither smart enough, unbiased enough, or forthright enough to provide that.

As you can see from the replies I have posted just today alone I am meticulous and painstaking in what I write and that can't be based on the observations of a buffoon who is at best well meaning but accident prone and at worst a disaster area. We are attempting to outmanouver some articulate, informed, and smart people here Will, and we can't do it using maps sketched on postage stamps by a person still getting to grips with the trchnicalities of colouring in.

If Willy genuinely wanted to sort this out he would not be giving you the runaround like this Will so let's just say we did what we could to save the day but the Fay didn't want to be saved.
    Hi Mick,
    What about getting the info directly from Dave Fitzpatrick. if you are on good terms with him will he give you a copy of what he sent?

I am fully aware of the efforts you and lots of others have put in. I also recognise the efforts that many who currently/did serve on the exec. Willy is one of several people on that exec and I for one refuse to single out one individual (who by the way is my friend) for the downfall of Irish Hockey. Apart from the crap that has gone on administratively there is so much that has happended due to the closure of the rink. I think I am honest and mature enough to state clearly that if I thought it was just one persons fault that I would say it. In fact there are stacks of reasons hockey is/has died here. it can not be placed solely at the feet of Willy Fay. In addition, I understand the frustration that is felt about the lack of hockey here but does it have to go so low as to insult in a manner which is really, in my own opinion, unnessary.

Will

Quote Originally Posted by Steigs View Post
    Two rinks: Dundonald, and the Odyssey!
    Actually Marc those two fall within the scope of IHUK and we can access them only at the behest of that Governing Body. The two that I think RDP referred to and the ones listed on the IIHF website and which were originally identified in the IIHF audit were The Dundalk Icedome and Charlestown on Ice - neither of which are currently accessable to us.

Hi Mick,
    What about getting the info directly from Dave Fitzpatrick. if you are on good terms with him will he give you a copy of what he sent?

I am fully aware of the efforts you and lots of others have put in. I also recognise the efforts that many who currently/did serve on the exec. Willy is one of several people on that exec and I for one refuse to single out one individual (who by the way is my friend) for the downfall of Irish Hockey. Apart from the crap that has gone on administratively there is so much that has happended due to the closure of the rink. I think I am honest and mature enough to state clearly that if I thought it was just one persons fault that I would say it. In fact there are stacks of reasons hockey is/has died here. it can not be placed solely at the feet of Willy Fay. In addition, I understand the frustration that is felt about the lack of hockey here but does it have to go so low as to insult in a manner which is really, in my own opinion, unnessary.

Will
    Will I have undertaken some time ago to try to consider the best interests of this forum but i am happy to share with you offline what i know of the life and crimes of your friend. Take from it what you will and it speaks highly of you wishing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But the IIHA is a morally corrupt organisation since he manouverd himself into a position he is fundamentally unsuited for.
    Oh and by the way it is the policy of the IIHF to redirect correspondence from any country to the relevent National Association to deal with. I know this to be the case because of documents provided by the IIHF where people who have held office in the IIHA had written to the IIHF seeking to cause problems for the Association. I do not wish to be numbered amongst those few and I would not ask Dave to risk his position by breaking any rules for me.
    Last edited by Mick; 04-03-2011 at 04:43.

Actually Marc those two fall within the scope of IHUK and we can access them only at the behest of that Governing Body. The two that I think RDP referred to and the ones listed on the IIHF website and which were originally identified in the IIHF audit were The Dundalk Icedome and Charlestown on Ice - neither of which are currently accessable to us.
    Mick... please forgive my facetiousness.
    Considering all the issues currently being discussed and the issue with the North... well, I shouldn't have to explain my twisted humour.

I'm pretty sure Carnie would have gotten a good laugh out of it, if nobody else.

Mick... please forgive my facetiousness.
    Considering all the issues currently being discussed and the issue with the North... well, I shouldn't have to explain my twisted humour.

I'm pretty sure Carnie would have gotten a good laugh out of it, if nobody else.
    No a problem Marc, I love to laugh as well, but just in case you were being serious I thought I had better clarify the true position.

IHF Member

Women's Senior Team

Hi all, not on the IIHA site but on the IIHF site have a look

20 BURKE Rebekah GK L 1.63 / 5'4'' 73 / 161 11 DEC 1986 Cubs IHC
    17 CALLAN Rebecca F L 1.70 / 5'7'' 62 / 137 17 JAN 1992 Dundalk Lady Bulls
    1 CONWAY Seanna GK L 1.72 / 5'8'' 70 / 154 2 OCT 1983 Dundalk Bulls
    22 DOHERTY Edelle F R 1.70 / 5'7'' 60 / 132 26 MAR 1991 Galway Bay Lightning
    4 FLETCHER Emma F R 1.73 / 5'8'' 63 / 139 3 JAN 1982 Ireland
    18 FORDE Jessica D R 1.72 / 5'8'' 58 / 128 27 JAN 1987 Galway Bay Lightning
    10 GORHAM Gemma F R 1.63 / 5'4'' 68 / 150 7 NOV 1987 Dundalk Lady Bulls
    7 HOEY Lorna F L 1.65 / 5'5'' 67 / 148 12 NOV 1987 Dundalk Lady Bulls
    24 HOSGOOD Beatrice F R 1.58 / 5'2'' 70 / 154 27 OCT 1982 Dundalk Lady Bulls
    3 KEENAN Keira F L 1.70 / 5'7'' 67 / 148 2 APR 1984 University of London Dragons
    14 LYNCH Caoimhe F R 1.62 / 5'4'' 50 / 110 29 NOV 1991 Dundalk Lady Bulls
    21 McCANN Elaine D R 1.83 / 6'0'' 85 / 187 21 MAR 1986 Belfast Ice Vixens
    13 McCAUGHLEY Cherise F R 1.71 / 5'7'' 70 / 154 26 JUL 1994 Dundalk Lady Bulls
    11 McENEANEY Sonya D L 1.58 / 5'2'' 62 / 137 17 DEC 1984 Dundalk Lady Bulls
    8 MORRIS Aine F R 1.77 / 5'10'' 51 / 112 1 JUN 1994 Aurora Panthers
    9 NI MHATHUNA Avril F R 1.75 / 5'9'' 67 / 148 21 MAY 1989 Galway Bay Lightning
    6 O REILLY Clara F R 1.65 / 5'5'' 51 / 112 23 APR 1993 Dundalk Lady Bulls
    19 RYAN Fiona F L 1.65 / 5'5'' 55 / 121 1 MAY 1987 Ireland
    Total: 16 players and 2 goalkeepers

Team officials:
    Function Name Citizenship Date of Birth
    General Manager: HARVEY Gary IRL 7 MAR 1983
    Head Coach: LUKOSEVICIUS Vytautas LTU 28 DEC 1981
    Assistant Coach: VLASANKOVA Gabriela CZE 11 JUL 1977
    Physiotherapist: GREENE Aoife IRL 12 SEP 1988
    Equipment Manager: GROBARCIK Roman SVK 5 JAN 1971
    Team Staff: FAY William IRL 17 OCT 1971
    Media Manager: FLETCHER Godfrey IRL 26 SEP 1954

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Nuts View Post

Team officials:
    Wow 7 officials, really down to the bare bones there then. What a pity Mr.Fay's personal barber and pedicurist had to get bumped though.
    Hopefully they will do well for Ash and Gibby who worked so hard so this could be achieved - sad they won't be there to finally see it.
    Last edited by Marc Brunengraber; 05-03-2011 at 02:30. Reason: Libelous or potentially libelous material will be removed

IHF Member
    Did any Northern Ireland born players try out at all or did some try out and were not eligible to go , just looked at the list of ladies who played for an irish select team in sweeden 2009 and there are a few NI based players missing the impressive Mrs Morrison for one ,well done to those that were selected . I remember at the time there was complaints that the team was called team ireland but had to be change to Ireland select at the request of Ms Conway , there was problems with Seannas eligibility or something , i probably am wrong but i thought i heard something like that , i suppose since Seanna played in two part completed seasons under ITC covers her to play for Ireland . ( again i probably am totally wrong could someone put me right .
    I take it the galway ladies are inline players originally .
    I take it Godfrey fletcher is related to Emma fletcher i am not familar with him can someone enlighten me ?
    Suprised the old future son in law Martin Grant wasnt shoe horned into the media managers post by el presidente , and Craig in as head of security
    Jabba the hut going to ehh , he wouldnt miss a free trip

I was going to comment on Galway Bay, but Aaron just answered that one for me... I figured it to be an inline team. **looking it up on Google, it does indeed appear to be an inline club.

I'm seeing two names on that list: Aine Morris and Keira Keenan, playing in Canada and the UK respectively, and am wondering about dual-citizenship in those cases. It's quite possible that Morris moved to Canada and never gained citizenship, she's currently playing either Midget A or BB from what i can gather, as I didn't find her on any other roster and those two are locked on the team pages.
    Keenan playing university hockey in London, is obviously at a fairly high level (relatively), and I have to ask whether she originally took up the game in Ireland and continued to play in London, or if she recently took up the game in London as a student, or lastly whether she has been in the UK for a much longer period of time (and in that case, the question of citizenship once again arises).

Of course, with ITC requirements I will assume that the current IIHA leadership did their homework on all players to ensure that the ones selected are fully eligible.
    It just surprises me a bit that with the strict attention being paid to eligibility of NI players, that two players based out-of-country appear on the roster.

Gents -

I've said it before & I'll say it one last time......criticize all you want, call for change all you want, detail injustices all you want.......but do NOT post things that may be considered libelous, such as allegations concerning ladies' dressing rooms.

Future violations will result in removed posts and warnings in accordance with forum rules.

Thank you.

I was going to comment on Galway Bay, but Aaron just answered that one for me... I figured it to be an inline team. **looking it up on Google, it does indeed appear to be an inline club.

I'm seeing two names on that list: Aine Morris and Keira Keenan, playing in Canada and the UK respectively, and am wondering about dual-citizenship in those cases. It's quite possible that Morris moved to Canada and never gained citizenship, she's currently playing either Midget A or BB from what i can gather, as I didn't find her on any other roster and those two are locked on the team pages.
    Keenan playing university hockey in London, is obviously at a fairly high level (relatively), and I have to ask whether she originally took up the game in Ireland and continued to play in London, or if she recently took up the game in London as a student, or lastly whether she has been in the UK for a much longer period of time (and in that case, the question of citizenship once again arises).

Of course, with ITC requirements I will assume that the current IIHA leadership did their homework on all players to ensure that the ones selected are fully eligible.
    It just surprises me a bit that with the strict attention being paid to eligibility of NI players, that two players based out-of-country appear on the roster.
    With aine her family and herself moved to canada in the summer and she only holds irish citizenship. As far as im aware keria only started playing when the ice dome opened here and she went on to study in england and continued to play hockey over there
    Boston Bruins Stanley Cup Champions 2011

Yes Steigs, I think she is the sister of Aidan Morris who was a very talented U18 playerand now the family have moved to Canada. Godfry is the father of Emma who is studying in the States I think. She goes all the way back to the Silver Skate days but the Team name Ireland is a new one on me. Lorna, and the rest of the Bulls girls have been there for 2/3 years in most cases and of course Sonya is Vytautas' girlfriend. Elaine was originally a LadyBull to and has done some international refereeing as highlighted on the website , Rebekah used to tend goal for the Storm. With an IIHA "Director" in Seanna why was Willy needed to travel I wonder.
    Jade, Jason McCrainor's sister is one of those who has had the rug pulled out from under her along with Claire Adams who is the sister of Steven and Chris Adams who played Senior Mens last year and two years ago, and Kit Thornton also from the North have all been cut for political reasons. Not sure who else as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MoNsToUr View Post
    With aine her family and herself moved to canada in the summer and she only holds irish citizenship. As far as im aware keria only started playing when the ice dome opened here and she went on to study in england and continued to play hockey over there
    Thanks man, that clears up any questions I had.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Brunengraber View Post
    Gents -

I've said it before & I'll say it one last time......criticize all you want, call for change all you want, detail injustices all you want.......but do NOT post things that may be considered libelous, such as allegations concerning ladies' dressing rooms.

Future violations will result in removed posts and warnings in accordance with forum rules.

Thank you.
    Marc what was written by Mick was not an allegation but was merely said by the individual on a national radio station in Ireland ( Dundalk FM on the Bullseye show hosted by Martin Grant the IIHA editor and was available on podcast, so there is no chance that anyone would be liabelous.

.....And, if the allegations end up being either untrue or unproveable, constitute libel.

Again, keep criticisms of people on these forums to those that are hockey-related, please.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Brunengraber View Post
    .....And, if the allegations end up being either untrue or unproveable, constitute libel.

Again, keep criticisms of people on these forums to those that are hockey-related, please.

Sorry Marc what i meant to say was that willy Fay told the listeners to the radio show about his shower envasion exploits in the ladies dressing room .

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Nuts View Post

20 BURKE Rebekah GK L 1.63 / 5'4'' 73 / 161 11 DEC 1986 Cubs IHC
    17 CALLAN Rebecca F L 1.70 / 5'7'' 62 / 137 17 JAN 1992 Dundalk Lady Bulls
    1 CONWAY Seanna GK L 1.72 / 5'8'' 70 / 154 2 OCT 1983 Dundalk Bulls
    22 DOHERTY Edelle F R 1.70 / 5'7'' 60 / 132 26 MAR 1991 Galway Bay Lightning
    4 FLETCHER Emma F R 1.73 / 5'8'' 63 / 139 3 JAN 1982 Ireland
    18 FORDE Jessica D R 1.72 / 5'8'' 58 / 128 27 JAN 1987 Galway Bay Lightning
    10 GORHAM Gemma F R 1.63 / 5'4'' 68 / 150 7 NOV 1987 Dundalk Lady Bulls
    7 HOEY Lorna F L 1.65 / 5'5'' 67 / 148 12 NOV 1987 Dundalk Lady Bulls
    24 HOSGOOD Beatrice F R 1.58 / 5'2'' 70 / 154 27 OCT 1982 Dundalk Lady Bulls
    3 KEENAN Keira F L 1.70 / 5'7'' 67 / 148 2 APR 1984 University of London Dragons
    14 LYNCH Caoimhe F R 1.62 / 5'4'' 50 / 110 29 NOV 1991 Dundalk Lady Bulls
    21 McCANN Elaine D R 1.83 / 6'0'' 85 / 187 21 MAR 1986 Belfast Ice Vixens
    13 McCAUGHLEY Cherise F R 1.71 / 5'7'' 70 / 154 26 JUL 1994 Dundalk Lady Bulls
    11 McENEANEY Sonya D L 1.58 / 5'2'' 62 / 137 17 DEC 1984 Dundalk Lady Bulls
    8 MORRIS Aine F R 1.77 / 5'10'' 51 / 112 1 JUN 1994 Aurora Panthers
    9 NI MHATHUNA Avril F R 1.75 / 5'9'' 67 / 148 21 MAY 1989 Galway Bay Lightning
    6 O REILLY Clara F R 1.65 / 5'5'' 51 / 112 23 APR 1993 Dundalk Lady Bulls
    19 RYAN Fiona F L 1.65 / 5'5'' 55 / 121 1 MAY 1987 Ireland
    Total: 16 players and 2 goalkeepers

Team officials:

Bit of a difference between what is on the IIHF website and the IIHA site , i see Will aint for going to womens tournament now , must be going to under 18s , ladies likely breathed a collective sigh of releif .
    ---------------------------------------------------------

The IIHA are pleased to announce the final roster for the Women’s Irish National Team that will be competing in the 2011 IIHF World Women’s Championship Division V in Sofia, Bulgaria from Monday, 14th March to Saturday, 19th March.

The team will leave Dublin Airport on Saturday morning in what will be an extremely start before a long journey to Sofia. A short stop-over in Budapest awaits the team before they play their first game on Monday against Poland.

They will also play Turkey on Wednesday, Ireland on Bulgaria and then Spain on Saturday in their final game. The team, like the U18 Irish National Team, has been training for months now and hopefully all the hard work will pay off.

The final roster is as follows:

GOALKEEPERS
    # 1 Seanna Conway (GK)
    # 20 Rebekah Burke (GK)

DEFENCEMEN
    # 11 Sonya McEneaney
    # 13 Cherise McCaughley
    # 21 Elaine McCann
    # 22 Edelle Doherty
    # 18 Jessica Natalie Forde

FORWARDS
    # 3 Keira Keenan
    # 4 Emma Fletcher
    # 6 Clara O’Reilly
    # 7 Lorna Hoey
    # 8 Aine Morris
    # 9 Avril Ní Mhathúna
    # 10 Gemma Gorham
    # 14 Caoimhe Lynch
    # 17 Rebecca Callan
    # 19 Fiona Ryan
    # 24 Beatrice Hosgood

COACHING & MANAGEMENT
    Gary Harvey (General Manager)
    Vytautas Lukosevicius (Head Coach)
    Gabriela Vlasankova (Assistant Coach)
    Roman Grobarcik (Equipment Manager)
    Aoife Greene (Physiotherapist)

Published 11 hours ago, 8 March 2011 Author Dean

IHF Member
    http://www.iiha.org/news/article/view/id/506

Looks like Willy didn't make the final cut!

I wonder if the IIHF were mistaken in their report last week or if the IIHA decided to misinform their members?

IHF Member

U-18 Roster

5 days before the tournament and we still do not know what individuals we are to be cheering for. Every other team has their entry in:

http://www.iihf.com/channels1011/wm18-iiib

Surely submitting the team paperwork in a timely manner for the IIHF to post and posting the roster on the website is a simple and reasonable task that can be completed by one of the IIHA exec or director. The again, perhaps it is too complicated.

5 days before the tournament and we still do not know what individuals we are to be cheering for. Every other team has their entry in:

http://www.iihf.com/channels1011/wm18-iiib

Surely submitting the team paperwork in a timely manner for the IIHF to post and posting the roster on the website is a simple and reasonable task that can be completed by one of the IIHA exec or director. The again, perhaps it is too complicated.
    --------------------------------------------------

Holy Hackers ! You could be right Batman ! Even english seems to be a problem for them now...............

The team will leave Dublin Airport on Saturday morning in what will be an extremely start before a long journey to Sofia. A short stop-over in Budapest awaits the team before they play their first game on Monday against Poland.

They will also play Turkey on Wednesday, Ireland on Bulgaria and then Spain on Saturday in their final game. The team, like the U18 Irish National Team, has been training for months now and hopefully all the hard work will pay off.

So the girls will flying on an " extremely start " what ever that is, and "playing" themselves on a day called "Bulgaria"

Previously on the same site it was reported that....
    Regrettably, the IIHA has been informed that any ice time available on the weekend of Saturday, 11th December & Sunday, 12th December 2010 is extremely limited.

There will be no ice time available on Sunday, 12th December.

The only ice time available is on Sunday, 12th December 2010 and it is extremely limited.

As originally planned, this ice time will be used for the use of the Irish National Teams.

Then there ws the weird case of the lost day when Friday the 14th. was followed by, yes thats right Saturday the 16th. and I quote...
    "The schedule for each day is as follows:

Friday, 14th January 2011
    11:00 am – 1:30 pm: Pick-Up Game 1 (non-checking)*

Saturday, 16th January 2011
    11:15 am – 12:15 pm: Pick-Up Game 2 (non-checking)**
    12:30 pm – 1:30 pm: Pick-Up Game 3 (non-checking)**
    1:45 pm – 2:45 pm: Pick-Up Game 4 (non-checking)**
    "
    Well, that's what you get for non checking I suppose !!

Perhaps with Dublin being the birthplace of James Joyce the IIHA has gone all arty and these news Items will only be fully understood by great minds and literary scholars, or maybe it is simply that the boys of the HA are all sitting around the office enjoying Wacky 'backy.
    I have decided by the way that if members of the IRA can be called the RA as in "up the RA" then the executive of the IIHA have every right to be called the HA as in " God love those poor HA boys, sure they havn't a clue !"

Just a thought .....

If you could buy shares in the "'HA "

It would still be a laughing stock...................................

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information